Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/26/2022 8:57:58 PM  1 votes
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

My 2 cents

An Ugly win is a win.

We only led the game for 45 seconds of game time all day. but it was the most important 45 seconds.

Campbell even thinks he made a mistake going for the FG. I don't. Even though we got the TD we didn't NEED it. We were more relaxed with less pressure as we were well withing FG range to tie. If they Lions make that FG they then kick off,

Apparently the Lions PK only makes about 50% of FGs 40+ yards, so a 54 yarder would seem problematic.

... early returns of course. ;)

Just couldn't wait to get a barb in... even if it was a weak ass one.

speaking of barb - your reference to barb & mike was as weak ass as they come.

And then you go to Mount Rushmore to divert ...

Speaking of Mount Rushmore, you're on there Bill. Biggest jerks ever to post on Talk Vikes.

Badass Bullying Billy - B3

What do you get out of being a total ass every time you come in here? Seriously, how can your behavior make you feel good as a person? No conscience at all?

Pot meet kettle.
Post #: 851
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/26/2022 9:03:52 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Boy, that simple exchange of, literally, one-line posts sure got Ricky J. in a wad... even though he initiated.

A bit of Mt. Rushmore envy too No diversion (except in your mind)... it just popped up as something to write.

Oh, there was the thing today about Cousins' comebacks, 64th to 77th all time if I recall, and how that is immaterial. Although later someone brought up an impressive 'since 2018' stat. Hmmm.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 9/26/2022 9:14:26 PM >
Post #: 852
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 7:36:10 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Boy, that simple exchange of, literally, one-line posts sure got Ricky J. in a wad... even though he initiated.

A bit of Mt. Rushmore envy too No diversion (except in your mind)... it just popped up as something to write.

Oh, there was the thing today about Cousins' comebacks, 64th to 77th all time if I recall, and how that is immaterial. Although later someone brought up an impressive 'since 2018' stat. Hmmm.

It is very weird. We have a QB that played thru rib and shoulder problems in 2021 and hasn't missed a start with many changes in OC and not one of the best rosters until this year. Yet.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 853
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 7:41:58 AM   
Phil Riewer

The Minnesota Vikings are the 2nd least penalized team in the NFL through 3 weeks.

No offensive holding penalties.

Post #: 854
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 7:43:55 AM   
Ricky J

I didn't do so well on the last Cousins v. the other QBs post. Let's see how this one plays:

Purple FTW! Podcast
@PurpleForTheWin
·
10h
4th Q Comebacks/Gaming Winning Drives since 2020 (per Pro Football Reference):

Kirk Cousins: 8
Aaron Rodgers: 4
Post #: 855
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 8:19:56 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

I didn't do so well on the last Cousins v. the other QBs post. Let's see how this one plays:

Purple FTW! Podcast
@PurpleForTheWin
·
10h

Meaning …

we’ve been behind a lot more lately than GB?

Your point works great in reply to Brads feeble 2 min anti-Cousins campaign. I think most people who are stand-up vikings fans that don’t think Cousins is a top tier QB would point to his performance overall - which is more than oversimplified stats - and how he affects wins and losses.
Post #: 856
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 8:27:16 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

Purple FTW! Podcast
@PurpleForTheWin
·
10h

Meaning …

Your point works great in reply to Brads feeble 2 min anti-Cousins campaign. I think most people who are stand-up vikings fans that don’t think Cousins is a top tier QB would point to his performance overall - which is more than oversimplified stats - and how he affects wins and losses.

I would be more game 1: Very Good but Jefferson was unstoppable, game 2: Poor play but there were drops, game 3: just ok but great in clutch and end of halfs even after a Cook fumble.

Kirk did miss KJ on a wide open play for a TD I believe in the 3rd Quarter but he was under severe pressure; that one drops his game 3 performance even though he finished each half strong.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/27/2022 8:45:37 AM >

Post #: 857
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 8:38:54 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Due to cap hits, I think we'll run back most of the same starters next year but we could stand for some changes:

O
- Mundt starts and plays more than Irv Tease Jr. See what we have with Mundt... and Ellefson for that matter.
- Play Nwangwu and Chandler since Mattison is all but sure to depart. Draft a bruiser?
- All eyes on Bradbury.

D
- Get Cine and Booth Jr. out there when able. A series here and there to start.
- The front 7 is as big a mystery as it was before the season started. Contracts suggest there will be a couple of open spots, so see what we have on the roster.
Post #: 858
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 9:02:12 AM   
Phil Riewer

Anybody catch last nights game? Nailor and Reagor are better than any Giants receiver. Shepard and Golladay had multiple big drops and on the last drive Shepard looks to have torn his ACL and Sills slips. Reminds me of the WR talent when Chilly first took over.

Dabol is working magic to win the first two.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/27/2022 9:03:16 AM >

Post #: 859
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 9:06:59 AM   
GopherFan34

quote:

Due to cap hits, I think we'll run back most of the same starters next year but we could stand for some changes:

O
- Mundt starts and plays more than Irv Tease Jr. See what we have with Mundt... and Ellefson for that matter.
- Play Nwangwu and Chandler since Mattison is all but sure to depart. Draft a bruiser?
- All eyes on Bradbury.

D
- The front 7 is as big a mystery as it was before the season started. Contracts suggest there will be a couple of open spots, so see what we have on the roster.

The fact that Cine can't get on the field is a bit alarming, and Booth could be a injury magnet.
Post #: 860
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 9:12:59 AM   
Phil Riewer

Ben Goessling
@BenGoessling
·
18h
O’Connell said Justin Jefferson had eight or nine snaps in the game where he didn't see "some variation of a double" team. Thought the Lions planned to be physical with him, and said the Vikings will continue to find ways to get him the ball.

Post #: 861
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 9:13:54 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: GopherFan34

quote:

O
- All eyes on Bradbury.

D

The fact that Cine can't get on the field is a bit alarming, and Booth could be a injury magnet.

Metullus played very well. We maybe better off at Safety then we thought before the draft.

Post #: 862
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 9:14:49 AM   
Phil Riewer

Ben Goessling
@BenGoessling
·
20h
#Vikings catches in two-minute situations since the start of 2021:

K.J. Osborn 20
Justin Jefferson 19
Adam Thielen 16

Post #: 863
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 9:21:13 AM   
Phil Riewer

Also sounding like a real possibility the Sunday Game of TB and KC may be at the Bank due to the Hurricane.

Post #: 864
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 9:25:24 AM   
GopherFan34

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

O
- All eyes on Bradbury.

D

Metullus played very well. We maybe better off at Safety then we thought before the draft.

I wanted the Vikes to draft Davis to begin with, because it's looking more and more like stopping the run is going to be a problem all yr.
Post #: 865
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 9:25:24 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

O
- All eyes on Bradbury.

D

Thats pretty sound. We pieced together what we could this summer, next offseason (on paper) our cap will be pretty tight … so dramatic improvement will have to come from within.

The jury is still out on our draft … we need to get exposure for the younger guys.

Regardless of the Wilfs public playoff comments … I think our roster and coaching staff have a ways to go to be in the good team conversation.

We may yet get there this season but IMO the rough transition phase is fully ongoing.
Post #: 866
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 9:39:25 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

Purple FTW! Podcast
@PurpleForTheWin
·
10h

Meaning …

I would be more game 1: Very Good but Jefferson was unstoppable, game 2: Poor play but there were drops, game 3: just ok but great in clutch and end of halfs even after a Cook fumble.

Kirk did miss KJ on a wide open play for a TD I believe in the 3rd Quarter but he was under severe pressure; that one drops his game 3 performance even though he finished each half strong.

Cousins didnt play well in game 2 and 3. He threw a great pass to win game 3 and deserves full credit for pushing a lackluster team to a W. Imo it was the reverse of what we’ve seen in the past … which is KC looking solid but coming up short in a few key situations to not get the W. Its not all on him obviously but he is far and away the biggest influencer on our side when we play.
Post #: 867
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 9:44:49 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

O
- All eyes on Bradbury.

D

I wanted the Vikes to draft Davis to begin with, because it's looking more and more like stopping the run is going to be a problem all yr.

It may be the 5 or 6 in the box to protect against the big play (that is leaking a little against the run) but I read that we are 29th in plays over 15 yards.

Davis would have been a nice pick but the old trade back; so its Davis or Hamilton over Cine, Booth, Ingram, and Asamoah.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/27/2022 11:31:04 AM >

Post #: 868
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 9:48:36 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Purple FTW! Podcast
@PurpleForTheWin
·
10h

Meaning …

Cousins didnt play well in game 2 and 3. He threw a great pass to win game 3 and deserves full credit for pushing a lackluster team to a W. Imo it was the reverse of what we’ve seen in the past … which is KC looking solid but coming up short in a few key situations to not get the W. Its not all on him obviously but he is far and away the biggest influencer on our side when we play.

You may want to watch the 2nd Quarter and the 4th Quarter again. He did enough to win the game. Which puts it in the good category. He was pretty precise on some passes and Irv had the drops again.

Post #: 869
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 10:22:12 AM   
Ricky J

Dustin Baker

@DustBaker
·
9h
Fewest Points Allowed,
in the 4th Quarter,
Thru Week 3 of 2022:

Vikings (0)
Colts (0)
Broncos (3)
Bears (3)
Dolphins (5)
Bengals (6)
Bills (7)
Cardinals (7)
Buccaneers (7)
Post #: 870
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 11:02:51 AM   
Todd M

We had let in 6 through 3 games last year.
Post #: 871
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 11:14:55 AM   
Todd M

Still not in good head space with this team. Being out coached and outclassed week 2 was so embarrassing. Not allowing any 4th qtr points is kind of cool considering I feel this defense is so susceptible to chunk plays I'm half expecting teams to drop 50 on us.

I was ready to be hurt again to start the season but I always am...but I didn't see us getting smacked in the mouth early nor did I think I'd start questioning everything.

I'm tired of elevating this team in my mind based on what I want or feel I deserve. This team is looking just like the last few groups...middling playoff hopefuls.
Post #: 872
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 11:20:25 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Still not in good head space with this team. Being out coached and outclassed week 2 was so embarrassing. Not allowing any 4th qtr points is kind of cool considering I feel this defense is so susceptible to chunk plays I'm half expecting teams to drop 50 on us.

I was ready to be hurt again to start the season but I always am...but I didn't see us getting smacked in the mouth early nor did I think I'd start questioning everything.

I'm tired of elevating this team in my mind based on what I want or feel I deserve. This team is looking just like the last few groups...middling playoff hopefuls.

What makes me hopeful:

The players are still learning the defense and offense. Once our best CB are able to cover man and know the correct coverages; our best cover corners (Hopefully Dantzler, Booth, and Evans) will allow Donatell to use the others to create on defense.

Might need to find a NT like Joseph on the waiver wire.

Same for offense. Get Irv, KJ, and Thielen more involved. The schemes have improved the Oline already.

Also:
Eagles and GB ravaged other Olines and look to be top 4-5 NFC teams.....

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/27/2022 11:22:30 AM >

Post #: 873
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 11:31:54 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Purple FTW! Podcast
@PurpleForTheWin
·
10h

Meaning …

You may want to watch the 2nd Quarter and the 4th Quarter again. He did enough to win the game. Which puts it in the good category. He was pretty precise on some passes and Irv had the drops again.

No.
Post #: 874
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 11:33:03 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Purple FTW! Podcast
@PurpleForTheWin
·
10h

Meaning …

No.

Kirk hater.

Post #: 875
Page:   <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode