Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 5:52:11 PM   
beo

Saints already across the pond.

Vikings not leaving til later this week.

Hate that... seems like the teams that go early to get acclimated do well.
Post #: 901
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 6:24:05 PM  1 votes
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Move the **** on from Barr.

He is done.

We are gonna need more, better players to fit a long term commitment to a 3-4.

We are still getting gashed at 4.7 YPA, in run defense.

We are giving up 7.4 YPA, in pass defense, allowing 69.4% completion percentage.

That sucks.. therefor, the defense, sucks.

Our outside DT are not a good fit.

Our linebackers are not the best fit.

It’s a work in progress, it needs to improve and that’s on Donatello, his scheme, his failure.

This is why you never try to fit players into a scheme.

Good coaches, which Donatella is not, make their scheme to fit the players they have instead.

You can throw out any stat you want but this defense does not pass the eye test. They look really soft; nothing close to championship caliber.

Ya, everything is ****ing awful. Donatell is dumber than everyone on this board. The team is idiotic for their travel plan to London. Kwesi should quit now. Bradbury is horrible/Bradbury is great. Hunter is a pussy/Hunter is a monster who is being held back by this idiotic scheme. Team is great because they shut down a depleted GB offense/team historically bad.

This is an extremely stable and well reasoned board.
Post #: 902
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 6:26:14 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

if i had to guess its because Cleveland and Ingram are very good

Darrisaw and Oneil borderline elite

I'm no Bradbury apologist(or fan)... but it's appeared to me that Ingram is the weak link in pass pro...

If Ingram can improve that bodes really really well.

Ingram can't improve. It's been three games; he is what he is.
Post #: 903
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 6:29:21 PM   
bohumm

quote:

They're not trying to acclimate; they're staying on their local cycles/rhythms. I think the theory is that you don't acclimate in a few days anyway, so stick with the sleep schedule the team is attuned to on an ongoing basis. This idea is not unique to this organization.
Post #: 904
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 6:35:00 PM   
GopherFan34

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Still not in good head space with this team. Being out coached and outclassed week 2 was so embarrassing. Not allowing any 4th qtr points is kind of cool considering I feel this defense is so susceptible to chunk plays I'm half expecting teams to drop 50 on us.

I was ready to be hurt again to start the season but I always am...but I didn't see us getting smacked in the mouth early nor did I think I'd start questioning everything.

I'm tired of elevating this team in my mind based on what I want or feel I deserve. This team is looking just like the last few groups...middling playoff hopefuls.

What makes me hopeful:

The players are still learning the defense and offense. Once our best CB are able to cover man and know the correct coverages; our best cover corners (Hopefully Dantzler, Booth, and Evans) will allow Donatell to use the others to create on defense.

Might need to find a NT like Joseph on the waiver wire.

Same for offense. Get Irv, KJ, and Thielen more involved. The schemes have improved the Oline already.

Also:
Eagles and GB ravaged other Olines and look to be top 4-5 NFC teams.....

Well said. The Vikings have new offensive and defensive schemes and these first few games are basically the Vikings preseason. Cousins is also a notoriously slow starter. It's not unreasonable to expect improvement as the season goes on. Additionally, the fact that the team is avoiding penalties, especially on offense, is no small thing. How many times did a drive get killed last year thanks to an offsides or holding penalty? Meanwhile, O'Neill and Darrisaw are top 14 ranked Tackles, and Bradbury is currently the 6th (!) ranked Center according to PFF. Maybe scheme does matter....

The low # of penalties is almost more surprising than Bradbury being good.

Oli Udoh killed us last season.

One more reason why Cousins is out of excuses.

We would be 0-3 this year w/o the new FO and coaching staff. It never was just about Cousins.

Herbert is 1-2.
Carr is 0-3.

FO and coaching makes a big difference. Examples:
Jax 2-1
Miami 3-0
NYG 2-1

We still would have beat GB with Zimmer. They were as unprepared to play Game 1 as they were last year.

So do we put an astrick after game 1?
Post #: 905
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 6:44:45 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

The Bradbury thing is astonishing. I said I would boo and call for Kwesi Adofo Mensah and Kevin O'Connell's firing if they put him on the field. Boy am I an idiot for that.

Ah, let that ranking marinate a bit.
Post #: 906
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 6:49:23 PM   
GopherFan34

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Still not in good head space with this team. Being out coached and outclassed week 2 was so embarrassing. Not allowing any 4th qtr points is kind of cool considering I feel this defense is so susceptible to chunk plays I'm half expecting teams to drop 50 on us.

I was ready to be hurt again to start the season but I always am...but I didn't see us getting smacked in the mouth early nor did I think I'd start questioning everything.

I'm tired of elevating this team in my mind based on what I want or feel I deserve. This team is looking just like the last few groups...middling playoff hopefuls.

What makes me hopeful:

The players are still learning the defense and offense. Once our best CB are able to cover man and know the correct coverages; our best cover corners (Hopefully Dantzler, Booth, and Evans) will allow Donatell to use the others to create on defense.

Same for offense. Get Irv, KJ, and Thielen more involved. The schemes have improved the Oline already.

Also:

Well said. The Vikings have new offensive and defensive schemes and these first few games are basically the Vikings preseason. Cousins is also a notoriously slow starter. It's not unreasonable to expect improvement as the season goes on. Additionally, the fact that the team is avoiding penalties, especially on offense, is no small thing. How many times did a drive get killed last year thanks to an offsides or holding penalty? Meanwhile, O'Neill and Darrisaw are top 14 ranked Tackles, and Bradbury is currently the 6th (!) ranked Center according to PFF. Maybe scheme does matter....

We would be 0-3 this year w/o the new FO and coaching staff. It never was just about Cousins.

Herbert is 1-2.
Carr is 0-3.

Jax 2-1
Miami 3-0
NYG 2-1

We still would have beat GB with Zimmer. They were as unprepared to play Game 1 as they were last year.

Absolutely. It was a non-indicator game for both teams.

So I see the logic, GB is willing to concede a division game to a hated rival because they are confident that the Vikings will eventually fold. Got it!
Post #: 907
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 6:49:31 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

I would call the game against the Lions toe to toe. Fairly even. Neither team with their A game but certainly a better indicator than the Philly / GB games.

Its so early in the season though ...

Already saw what this team did on the road... of course that included prime time with Capt Kirk at the helm which is rarely good. Need to see more road games, and London doesn't count.
Post #: 908
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 7:23:11 PM   
GopherFan34

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

I would call the game against the Lions toe to toe. Fairly even. Neither team with their A game but certainly a better indicator than the Philly / GB games.

Already saw what this team did on the road... of course that included prime time with Capt Kirk at the helm which is rarely good. Need to see more road games, and London doesn't count.

so if the first game didn't count and this game doesn't count, when do we start counting?
Post #: 909
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 7:24:58 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

They're not trying to acclimate; they're staying on their local cycles/rhythms. I think the theory is that you don't acclimate in a few days anyway, so stick with the sleep schedule the team is attuned to on an ongoing basis. This idea is not unique to this organization.

To stay on their local cycles they of course would keep their body clocks in synch to CST. Which means they start the game at what their body clock thinks is 08:30 a.m. Which means waking up body clock wise at what, 06:00 a.m.? 05:30? Noonish local time (but for your theory that doesn't matter).

And to get say 7 hours of sleep in, they go to bed at 11:00 p.m. CST or 5:00 a.m. local time.

All that's doable depending on some things like when does the plane arrive (private/non-commercial?), but the problem is the hitting starts when their body thinks it's time to get out of bed. If they are flying commercial and arriving in the standard early a.m. hour, it's asinine to expect them to stay up until 5:00 a.m., hence the question about aircraft venue.

Saints meanwhile, if they are really across the pond, have 5-6 days to acclimate which is more than 'a few days' and right in line with synching them up for the London afternoon kickoff.

I suppose the teams consider the following week, which on the surface would mean the Vikings have the advantage. Mainly due to scheduling activities at a more normal time during the week. If the Saints got all their prep in, by Sunday it shouldn't matter.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 9/27/2022 7:43:11 PM >
Post #: 910
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 7:30:26 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: GopherFan34

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What makes me hopeful:

Also:

Herbert is 1-2.
Carr is 0-3.

Jax 2-1
Miami 3-0
NYG 2-1

Absolutely. It was a non-indicator game for both teams.

So I see the logic, GB is willing to concede a division game to a hated rival because they are confident that the Vikings will eventually fold. Got it!

That's about the lamest, most discombobulated, flummoxed, misconstrued reply we've had around here since forever or any Phil post.

For the second year in a row, the Packers didn't look ready to play their opening game. Its about that simple.

I don't know why. I don't know why we played so poorly against Philly. Not a whole lot to gather from either game.
Post #: 911
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 7:32:33 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

To stay on their local cycles they of course would keep their body clocks in synch to CST. Which means they start the game at what their body clock thinks is 08:30 a.m. Which means waking up body clock wise at what, 06:00 a.m.? 05:30? Noonish local time.

And to get say 7 hours of sleep in, they go to bed at 11:00 p.m. CST or 5:00 a.m. local time.

All that's doable depending on some things, but the problem is the hitting starts when their body thinks it's time to get out of bed.

Saints meanwhile, if they are really across the pond, have 5-6 days to acclimate which is more than 'a few days' and right in line with synching them up for the London afternoon kickoff.

I suppose the teams consider the following week, which on the surface would mean the Vikings have the advantage. Mainly due to scheduling activities at a more normal time during the week. If the Saints got all their prep in, by Sunday it shouldn't matter.

So that seals it. You and so many others on this board are so much smarter than the team's health guys, Donatell, KOC, Kwesi, etc. I'm in awe.
Post #: 912
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 7:33:09 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: GopherFan34

quote:

quote:

so if the first game didn't count and this game doesn't count, when do we start counting?

Deleted. Over the top.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 9/27/2022 8:39:58 PM >
Post #: 913
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 7:36:19 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

The Bradbury thing is astonishing. I said I would boo and call for Kwesi Adofo Mensah and Kevin O'Connell's firing if they put him on the field. Boy am I an idiot for that.

Maybe he's juicing? See if he can get away with it this year, sign a good second contract.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 9/27/2022 7:40:14 PM >
Post #: 914
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 7:49:25 PM   
beo

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm no Bradbury apologist(or fan)... but it's appeared to me that Ingram is the weak link in pass pro...

He could... and if he does... look out... boy has some nasty in him.
Post #: 915
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 7:50:00 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

To stay on their local cycles they of course would keep their body clocks in synch to CST. Which means they start the game at what their body clock thinks is 08:30 a.m. Which means waking up body clock wise at what, 06:00 a.m.? 05:30? Noonish local time.

All that's doable depending on some things, but the problem is the hitting starts when their body thinks it's time to get out of bed.

So that seals it. You and so many others on this board are so much smarter than the team's health guys, Donatell, KOC, Kwesi, etc. I'm in awe.

Why don't you answer the issue(s) I presented instead of falling back to a dumbass remark? My guess is you most assuredly would if you could.

And the Saints took a different approach. Contrary to what you mistakenly said, their body clocks will be in synch with the mid-afternoon local kickoff time. Are they stupid?
Post #: 916
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 7:51:15 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh, that's an innocent table turner on bohumm's sarcastic post!
Post #: 917
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 7:51:16 PM   
beo

quote:

quote:

I like what KOC has done so far so here is to hoping he pulls out another ace.
Post #: 918
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 10:20:39 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why don't you answer the issue(s) I presented instead of falling back to a dumbass remark? My guess is you most assuredly would if you could.

And the Saints took a different approach. Contrary to what you mistakenly said, their body clocks will be in synch with the mid-afternoon local kickoff time. Are they stupid?

It's not my plan, it's the plan by the medical staff of the Vikings. KOC mentioned that the overall philosophy is to maintain body rhythms from home, and that the medical staff will detail the plan with the media this week, so you can listen to that. And I think that your point about less disruption overall is the germane point.

My dumbass remark lumped you in with the overall impatience on this board with the new regime and the players. People have already called for Donatell's head because he's an idiot and talked about benching Kirk because there are apparently so many better options available. It's ludicrous and not at all interesting or edifying. None of what they're doing may work out, but can't we let it play out a little before concluding that all is lost?
Post #: 919
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 10:21:38 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Beo is an innocent victim of my scattershot screed.
Post #: 920
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 10:22:16 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Plus, the fact is that I really like Ingram and I'm excited to see him progress.
Post #: 921
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 11:08:24 PM   
Bill Johanesen

“I do rely heavily on the sports performance side of things,’’ O’Connell said. “I have not made the trip to London, so this will be my first. I will say that we spent a lot of time talking about how we’re going to handle it, (including) consulting with the players of which have made two or three of those kind of trips. So we do feel good about our plan.”

Wonder what journeymen have been there three times? Although KOC has plausible deniability from somewhat likely outright BS since he said "two or three".

The Saints last played in London in 2017, and Sean Payton went with a similar travel plan this week as he did then. They won 20-0. Too late now but I hope in these extensive discussions KOC had an analysis done on who traveled when and factored/weighed that into the final scores.

In more exciting news, London still has not had two teams with winning records play a game with the 31st game coming up.
Post #: 922
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/27/2022 11:24:07 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Plus, the fact is that I really like Ingram and I'm excited to see him progress.

You probably did not like the last game, eh?
Post #: 923
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/28/2022 12:14:15 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You probably did not like the last game, eh?

I did like it. Ingram was up and down, but his arrow is clearly pointing up. Starting from Day 1 on the OL and not hearing about him too much is a major accomplishment.

I know it's crazy, but I don't expect everything to be perfect and clear with everything that occurs vis a vis the Vikings.
Post #: 924
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/28/2022 7:10:26 AM   
Phil Riewer

Almost wonder if the health of a couple important players/giving them a few extra days of treatment may factor in?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 925
Page:   <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  35 36 [37] 38 39   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode