Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 10:46:26 AM  1 votes
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Never said "experts" couldn't be wrong; in fact, I explicitly said they might be. But two or three weeks into the season is not a sufficient sample size to validate or refute an approach taken by people who have a lot of experience and insight, as well as a tremendous personal stake in the success of the team. These guys are smart and have a more vast knowledge base about their area than any of us do, and they have some basis for taking the course of action they've selected. Of course they could be wrong. But why not let it play out a bit before the sweeping conclusion that their idiots who should be fired?

And the health/medical/performance personnel on the Vikings who helped determine the approach to travel to and from the game have done loads of work and consulted people whose entire career is devoted to the areas affected, if not international travel's impact on performance itself. And a course of action was settled on and that will play out over the next few days. The Saints did similar work and chose a different approach. But the Vikings are idiots because they're not doing what this or that poster on this board thinks we should do.

I agree completely with Tom that relentlessly positive or negative posting, usually with no or very little basis that is articulated with anything like sound reasoning, is insipid and boring. It is in great supply in here as this season has started. Having concerns is one thing, and many of us have some or many. Ranting and drawing conclusions at this phase tells more about the poster than the posted.

Since you are in the know, did all they say all the things you proclaim?

Or was the expanded "health/medical/performance personnel on the Vikings who helped determine the approach to travel to and from the game..." just a shallow, made-up CYA?

If not, don't you question who they consulted, what their credentials of an "entire career" are, and how accurate they have been (assuming they have done NFL projections before)?

Do tell! Is Sean Payton an idiot over "I've never traveled there" KOC?

I'm curious because I've traveled across the pond (in this case, the Atlantic) more times than I can remember. Sometimes we were not restricted to commercial time slots. For the rest, Google North Atlantic Tracks. Once 'there', we sometimes went right into flight ops. Sometimes we got up early to plan. Sometimes it was as a tourist.

So, great wealth of Vikings travel plans, let's hear the nuts and bolts.

KOC said it at a presser.

Tyler Williams is the health/performance poohbah, and I don't have any reason to question his sources nor do I think he is infallible.

Sean Payton is not involved in this game.

Why would I know the details?

Tyler Williams. The Executive Director of This and That. It's noted he "...serves on the Lower Extremity Task Force for the NFL Musculoskeletal Community." So we have that going for us, which is nice for traveling across time zones.

Maybe Wilf can hire a 'career' circadian rhythm person or Williams' primary 'source'. Make him the 5th Asst. Head Coach on the staff.

Here's a piece of what Tyler Williams just pulled out of his ass in a slipshod, haphazard, made-up way to justify not only the Vikings travel schedule for this trip, but his very existence. Clearly the entire approach is just completely made up, probably because Williams forgot all about this trip until last week. No one mentioned it until last Friday when, while playing dominoes after lunch for a couple of hours as they do every day, KOC said, "Hey dude, whatever your name is, when do we leave for Scotland?" Then Tyler just vomited out this approach off the top of his head.

(More is at https://www.vikings.com/news/health-performance-strategy-london-game-vs-saints):

From the link above:
Prior to joining Minnesota, Williams was with the Rams from 2007-21, a span during which the Rams traveled to London four different times.

He noted that the Rams did a full-week trip twice and on the other two occasions did a Thursday-Sunday/Monday trip similar to the Vikings plan.

"We did a full week twice, and we've done the short trip twice. Just from personal experience, looking at our concepts, our principles and after-action reviews, we thought the short trip puts us at the best for us and our organization," Williams explained. "Not to say one way is wrong and one way is right. There's probably eight different pathways to get from A to B; it's just what we feel like is best for our team at that time point."

Williams emphasized the priorities considered when tackling such a unique travel situation.

"We'll always make every decision based first and foremost on the players, maximizing their health and performance," he said. "And with that said, it's always the supporting mechanism to football. What we do as a performance strategy or a schedule strategy never trumps the Xs and Os but should enhance it.

"A lot of this comes into education," Williams later added. "Education and communication with [the coaches and players] on the 'why' behind what this does to your body and how to maximize your performance to set you up for success within this travel trip – or any travel trip. It's important to give them the tools to make a great decision."

Typical expert shit, my way or the highway, there's only one way to do it because I'm the expert, screw what anyone else thinks. Clearly no solid basis as to why, like we've gotten on here, with insightful takes like, "Hate that we do it this way" or "I've made several long trips for business and pleasure, and handled jet lag various ways, so..."

Glad you are impressed by simple clichés and throwaway lines devoid of substance.

And good job on the many lines of sarcasm, you must feel proud. I knew you wouldn't let it go.

Perhaps the Wilfs are simply looking to keep costs down (even with a possible NFL stipend to defray costs).
Post #: 976
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 10:48:46 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

This is prob why i mute announcers so often. I did enjoy the Mannings the other night seeing them for the first time.

@WhitlockJason
Nothing has damaged sports more than Disney's acquisition of ESPN. It's why competition has been de-emphasized and the narrative has been prioritized

I miss sportscenter when they did highlights and talked about game plays. Now you get a little bit of highlights and a bunch of lame opinion.

It's cheaper to just have a few talking heads chatter. Some literally bounce from one ESPN program to another back to back.
Post #: 977
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 11:20:30 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is prob why i mute announcers so often. I did enjoy the Mannings the other night seeing them for the first time.

@WhitlockJason
Nothing has damaged sports more than Disney's acquisition of ESPN. It's why competition has been de-emphasized and the narrative has been prioritized

I miss sportscenter when they did highlights and talked about game plays. Now you get a little bit of highlights and a bunch of lame opinion.

It's cheaper to just have a few talking heads chatter. Some literally bounce from one ESPN program to another back to back.

It requires a deeper dive but youtube is full of some great breakdowns. Also there are decent blogs and quasi-sports-news-companies online that do a great job. Arif and the Altlantic are one of my favorites.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 978
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 11:21:44 AM   
David F.

Sounds like we're finally going to get a good look at Wyatt Davis. From the opposite perspective.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 979
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 12:39:50 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

I placed a bet on KG surfacing with some bet this week.

How much did you win?

I don't bet on sports but I do belong to a pool that competes by guessing each game each week. So, nothing.

Smart.

One year I put a huge bet ($1000) on the vikes getting over 8.5 wins. I won the bet but it ruined the fun of the season.

I get that.
I had Det in a parlay last week.
I don't mind betting on teams id just as soon see lose.
To get my house money, which i think i mentined i on Twins thread, i took advantage of Fan Duals intial $1000 first time free bet. Bet the Yanks over the Twins clearing $879. I wouldnt do this with my own money.

So is that $879 real money?

Real money
I had to dep $1000 first. If i lost the bet they'd of reinbursed me. Ive all ready routed the $1000 back to the bank
Fan Dual

Nice. I don't know why I wouldn't do that.
Post #: 980
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 12:47:15 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Never said "experts" couldn't be wrong; in fact, I explicitly said they might be. But two or three weeks into the season is not a sufficient sample size to validate or refute an approach taken by people who have a lot of experience and insight, as well as a tremendous personal stake in the success of the team. These guys are smart and have a more vast knowledge base about their area than any of us do, and they have some basis for taking the course of action they've selected. Of course they could be wrong. But why not let it play out a bit before the sweeping conclusion that their idiots who should be fired?

And the health/medical/performance personnel on the Vikings who helped determine the approach to travel to and from the game have done loads of work and consulted people whose entire career is devoted to the areas affected, if not international travel's impact on performance itself. And a course of action was settled on and that will play out over the next few days. The Saints did similar work and chose a different approach. But the Vikings are idiots because they're not doing what this or that poster on this board thinks we should do.

I agree completely with Tom that relentlessly positive or negative posting, usually with no or very little basis that is articulated with anything like sound reasoning, is insipid and boring. It is in great supply in here as this season has started. Having concerns is one thing, and many of us have some or many. Ranting and drawing conclusions at this phase tells more about the poster than the posted.

Or was the expanded "health/medical/performance personnel on the Vikings who helped determine the approach to travel to and from the game..." just a shallow, made-up CYA?

If not, don't you question who they consulted, what their credentials of an "entire career" are, and how accurate they have been (assuming they have done NFL projections before)?

I'm curious because I've traveled across the pond (in this case, the Atlantic) more times than I can remember. Sometimes we were not restricted to commercial time slots. For the rest, Google North Atlantic Tracks. Once 'there', we sometimes went right into flight ops. Sometimes we got up early to plan. Sometimes it was as a tourist.

Tyler Williams is the health/performance poohbah, and I don't have any reason to question his sources nor do I think he is infallible.

Tyler Williams. The Executive Director of This and That. It's noted he "...serves on the Lower Extremity Task Force for the NFL Musculoskeletal Community." So we have that going for us, which is nice for traveling across time zones.

Maybe Wilf can hire a 'career' circadian rhythm person or Williams' primary 'source'. Make him the 5th Asst. Head Coach on the staff.

Here's a piece of what Tyler Williams just pulled out of his ass in a slipshod, haphazard, made-up way to justify not only the Vikings travel schedule for this trip, but his very existence. Clearly the entire approach is just completely made up, probably because Williams forgot all about this trip until last week. No one mentioned it until last Friday when, while playing dominoes after lunch for a couple of hours as they do every day, KOC said, "Hey dude, whatever your name is, when do we leave for Scotland?" Then Tyler just vomited out this approach off the top of his head.

(More is at https://www.vikings.com/news/health-performance-strategy-london-game-vs-saints):

From the link above:
Prior to joining Minnesota, Williams was with the Rams from 2007-21, a span during which the Rams traveled to London four different times.

He noted that the Rams did a full-week trip twice and on the other two occasions did a Thursday-Sunday/Monday trip similar to the Vikings plan.

"We did a full week twice, and we've done the short trip twice. Just from personal experience, looking at our concepts, our principles and after-action reviews, we thought the short trip puts us at the best for us and our organization," Williams explained. "Not to say one way is wrong and one way is right. There's probably eight different pathways to get from A to B; it's just what we feel like is best for our team at that time point."

Williams emphasized the priorities considered when tackling such a unique travel situation.

"We'll always make every decision based first and foremost on the players, maximizing their health and performance," he said. "And with that said, it's always the supporting mechanism to football. What we do as a performance strategy or a schedule strategy never trumps the Xs and Os but should enhance it.

"A lot of this comes into education," Williams later added. "Education and communication with [the coaches and players] on the 'why' behind what this does to your body and how to maximize your performance to set you up for success within this travel trip – or any travel trip. It's important to give them the tools to make a great decision."

Typical expert shit, my way or the highway, there's only one way to do it because I'm the expert, screw what anyone else thinks. Clearly no solid basis as to why, like we've gotten on here, with insightful takes like, "Hate that we do it this way" or "I've made several long trips for business and pleasure, and handled jet lag various ways, so..."

Glad you are impressed by simple clichés and throwaway lines devoid of substance.

And good job on the many lines of sarcasm, you must feel proud. I knew you wouldn't let it go.

Perhaps the Wilfs are simply looking to keep costs down (even with a possible NFL stipend to defray costs).

You're really nothing more than a pretty smart guy with an occasionally decent sense of humor who passes time in here as a sniveling little bitch. No amount of information will move you off of something contrary to your POV.

Good to know.
Post #: 981
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 1:07:12 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 982
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 1:36:10 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

I know, right? I even threw Wyatt Davis out there to distract with a common enemy and they didn't bat an eye.

Post #: 983
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 3:02:08 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

I know, right? I even threw Wyatt Davis out there to distract with a common enemy and they didn't bat an eye.

It would be wild if Davis ended up being something at this point; the amount of chaos that would ensue in here would be epic.
Post #: 984
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 3:09:37 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From the link above:

You're really nothing more than a pretty smart guy with an occasionally decent sense of humor who passes time in here as a sniveling little bitch. No amount of information will move you off of something contrary to your POV.

Good to know.

Poor angry bohumm.

In your continued haste to bring yet another quote in from some other 'expert', you didn't even differentiate casual tripe from real reported results.

Thinking more and more that from the get go you misunderstood or misreported what their intent is.

As for a form of bitch, I still chuckle that you were bitching about the board talking about the "back of the roster" at the very time NFL teams were whittling their rosters to get to 53! And off you've gone since then.
Post #: 985
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 3:11:30 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

It would be wild if Davis ended up being something at this point; the amount of chaos that would ensue in here would be epic.

Another bash at the board. Have some self-awareness.
Post #: 986
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 3:14:33 PM   
thebigo

Didn't Andy Dalton beat us last year?
Post #: 987
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 3:30:06 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How much did you win?

I don't bet on sports but I do belong to a pool that competes by guessing each game each week. So, nothing.

Smart.

One year I put a huge bet ($1000) on the vikes getting over 8.5 wins. I won the bet but it ruined the fun of the season.

I get that.
To get my house money, which i think i mentined i on Twins thread, i took advantage of Fan Duals intial $1000 first time free bet. Bet the Yanks over the Twins clearing $879. I wouldnt do this with my own money.

Real money
I had to dep $1000 first. If i lost the bet they'd of reinbursed me. Ive all ready routed the $1000 back to the bank
Fan Dual

I don't know either.
I love it. I'm mostly a small timer but it's fun
Post #: 988
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 3:34:53 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From the link above:

Good to know.

Poor angry bohumm.

In your continued haste to bring yet another quote in from some other 'expert', you didn't even differentiate casual tripe from real reported results.

Thinking more and more that from the get go you misunderstood or misreported what their intent is.

As for a form of bitch, I still chuckle that you were bitching about the board talking about the "back of the roster" at the very time NFL teams were whittling their rosters to get to 53! And off you've gone since then.

I wasnt thinking bitch, either, B3,. You act more like a high school punk, imo.
Love how you throw the anger issue out there frequently - your go to come back
Post #: 989
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 3:51:48 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From the link above:

Good to know.

Poor angry bohumm.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but the possibility that I posted something and forgot it is probably in the range of likelihood that you're completely misrepresenting something...which is to say very high.

I've only brought in "quotes" from what Tyler Williams said and what KOC said about that. Point out the misunderstanding or misreporting that I've done, and we can take it from there. Or you can just continue to pull stuff out of your ass that you can throw on the board.
Post #: 990
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 5:10:39 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How much did you win?

Smart.

I get that.

Real money
Fan Dual

I don't know either.

The one free bet is probably to hook potential big timers
Post #: 991
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 5:33:07 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

Didn't Andy Dalton beat us last year?

he beat us when with the cowboys in 2020...we did play him last season when with the bears....

some other schmo beat us playing QB for the cowboys last year, and we'll probably have to play against him again this season....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 992
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 6:08:21 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How much did you win?

Smart.

I get that.

Real money
Fan Dual

I don't know either.

Sure like starting kids out on free dime bags
Post #: 993
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 6:58:46 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How much did you win?

Smart.

I get that.

Real money
Fan Dual

I don't know either.

For sure. Also it familiarizes the bettor with the deposit process and their website and then the person tells others about it much like we're seeing here. It's a pretty good promotion.

Post #: 994
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 10:43:56 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From the link above:

Good to know.

Poor angry bohumm.

I wasnt thinking bitch, either, B3,. You act more like a high school punk, imo.
Love how you throw the anger issue out there frequently - your go to come back

Maybe you think it's frequently because, yeah, it definitely fits you. Posting shit and finally keeping it out there vs weirdly deleting it must be part of some program for growth. Congrats to you.
Post #: 995
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 10:49:36 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From the link above:

Good to know.

Poor angry bohumm.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but the possibility that I posted something and forgot it is probably in the range of likelihood that you're completely misrepresenting something...which is to say very high.

I've only brought in "quotes" from what Tyler Williams said and what KOC said about that. Point out the misunderstanding or misreporting that I've done, and we can take it from there. Or you can just continue to pull stuff out of your ass that you can throw on the board.

It wasn't that long ago, wow.

"Only" brought in quotes? So you haven't brought your take on their opinions? While downgrading opposing views? While adding tons of sarcasm? Talk about pulling stuff out of your ass.
Post #: 996
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/30/2022 10:54:34 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Cooper Rush was the cowgirls QB that Cousins and Zimmer couldn’t beat, last year.

It was Halloween.

@home.

Great performance by Zimmer’s D..

Rush threw for 325 2 TD 1 int.

We made him look good.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 997
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 1:03:36 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From the link above:

Good to know.

Poor angry bohumm.

It wasn't that long ago, wow.

"Only" brought in quotes? So you haven't brought your take on their opinions? While downgrading opposing views? While adding tons of sarcasm? Talk about pulling stuff out of your ass.

Show me anywhere in the travel discussion where I expressed an opinion. Couldn't have downgraged an opposing view, because I expressed no view. I just first mentioned what the approach was per KOC, then responded to your BS. And yes, sarcasm came at the end as I gave you sources for everything that you said was made up or misunderstood by me, etc.

You have issues, homie.
Post #: 998
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 4:26:36 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How much did you win?

Smart.

I get that.

Real money
Fan Dual

I don't know either.

For sure. Also it familiarizes the bettor with the deposit process and their website and then the person tells others about it much like we're seeing here. It's a pretty good promotion.

I have enough practice w/ addictions to understand when the free money runs out it is time to stop
Post #: 999
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 5:18:17 AM   
marty

DeVonta Smith - 8 catches, 169 yards with a TD

Not too bad for a WR that isn't great

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1000
Page:   <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode