Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  154 155 [156] 157 158   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/25/2017 8:52:36 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Browns beat Cincy in Cincy and Marvin Lewis is finally relieved of his duties.

That's a solid prediction Mark. Probably one that many Bengals fans are hoping for.

It's the coaching carousel season, but I don't see a lot of NFL guys that will be let go this year. Lewis could be the next guy. The Giants aren't a team that usually makes snap decisions on coaches, so I think McAdoo could survive. He would be my first. Vance Joseph looks completely clueless in Denver. Adam Gase has had a tough year in Miami. Pagano has to be nearing the end in Indy. Jason Garrett in Dallas? It seems as if the Cowboys are disappointing almost every year.

Id just like our OC to survive at least 1 more year in MN
Post #: 3876
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/25/2017 9:32:22 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Browns beat Cincy in Cincy and Marvin Lewis is finally relieved of his duties.

That's a solid prediction Mark. Probably one that many Bengals fans are hoping for.

It's the coaching carousel season, but I don't see a lot of NFL guys that will be let go this year. Lewis could be the next guy. The Giants aren't a team that usually makes snap decisions on coaches, so I think McAdoo could survive. He would be my first. Vance Joseph looks completely clueless in Denver. Adam Gase has had a tough year in Miami. Pagano has to be nearing the end in Indy. Jason Garrett in Dallas? It seems as if the Cowboys are disappointing almost every year.

Id just like our OC to survive at least 1 more year in MN

According to that long ass article in the big thread "In Minnesota, though, Keenum has succeeded under offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur, who was overmatched as a head coach in Cleveland."
Post #: 3877
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/25/2017 10:15:46 AM   
Ian Joseph

Who hasn't been overmatched in Cleveland. Bill Belichick got fired from Cleveland.

Haslam needs to fire EVERYBODY. Maybe even Hue Jackson, and I like him.

The culture just needs to be completely changed, with little remnants of the previous regime. To do that, nobody should be safe.

< Message edited by Ian Joseph -- 11/25/2017 10:17:56 AM >

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 3878
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/25/2017 4:42:40 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

Who hasn't been overmatched in Cleveland. Bill Belichick got fired from Cleveland.

The culture just needs to be completely changed, with little remnants of the previous regime. To do that, nobody should be safe.

Haslam needs to fire himself.
Post #: 3879
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/25/2017 9:57:21 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Haslam needs to fire himself.

That's called selling the team lol. That's the only thing not likely to happen.

Believe.
Post #: 3880
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/27/2017 8:39:22 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

I don't agree...as bad of record they have they just need a good QB. Their defense and Oline are solid....just horrible QB play to close out games. They would have 5-6 wins already if they had decent QB play.

They have lost Joe Thomas, WR Coleman, Garrett hasn't played many games, and they still have been in most of their games.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3881
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/27/2017 9:39:46 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

I don't agree...as bad of record they have they just need a good QB. Their defense and Oline are solid....just horrible QB play to close out games. They would have 5-6 wins already if they had decent QB play.

They have lost Joe Thomas, WR Coleman, Garrett hasn't played many games, and they still have been in most of their games.

Youre looking at this year alone. I wasn't.

Believe.
Post #: 3882
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/27/2017 9:52:33 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Very Messy but if they can get a QB that can sustain offense....I like their defense. They are just worn out now...

Post #: 3883
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/27/2017 10:46:35 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Very Messy but if they can get a QB that can sustain offense....I like their defense. They are just worn out now...

I hear Johnny Manziel is available...

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3884
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 12/7/2017 9:26:15 AM   
marty

I am predicting Keenum either allows himself to be hurt at Carolina (probably in the 1st quarter), or he remains healthy the entire season.
Post #: 3885
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 12/7/2017 9:33:10 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I am predicting Keenum either allows himself to be hurt at Carolina (probably in the 1st quarter), or he remains healthy the entire season.

I think he's going to wait until Cincinnati so it looks like it's their fault, beings that they are known thugs, instead of it casting suspicion on himself. Good call, though.

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 12/7/2017 2:15:18 PM >
Post #: 3886
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 12/7/2017 9:54:38 AM   
marty

Interesting idea with Cincinnati.

I think at Carolina (or maybe at GB with Rodgers back) is the toughest game, a game he might subconsciously believe is unwinnable. Keenum may also want to give Bridgewater a chance, knowing he (Keenum) isn't going to take the team all the way, while Bridgewater gives them a chance. Or it could be entirely different, where Keenum feels under appreciated, and letting Bridgewater lose to the Panthers, gives more appreciation for what Keenum has done, and reinforces the idea that Keenum should be the starter for the playoffs.

Either way, both ideas merge at the Carolina game.

I do NOT wish injury on any Vikings, am only predicting. I hope the Vikes get the win at Carolina, and will be happy for Keenum if he is the QB for it. If they beat Detroit, Atlanta and Carolina on the road, I would think ONE of those teams makes the playoffs this year. Beat a playoff team of the same year in their house, and you have my full support for QBing the team in the playoffs.
Post #: 3887
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 12/7/2017 10:02:11 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

I think at Carolina (or maybe at GB with Rodgers back) is the toughest game, a game he might subconsciously believe is unwinnable. Keenum may also want to give Bridgewater a chance, knowing he (Keenum) isn't going to take the team all the way, while Bridgewater gives them a chance. Or it could be entirely different, where Keenum feels under appreciated, and letting Bridgewater lose to the Panthers, gives more appreciation for what Keenum has done, and reinforces the idea that Keenum should be the starter for the playoffs.
I do NOT wish injury on any Vikings, am only predicting. I hope the Vikes get the win at Carolina, and will be happy for Keenum if he is the QB for it. If they beat Detroit, Atlanta and Carolina on the road, I would think ONE of those teams makes the playoffs this year. Beat a playoff team of the same year in their house, and you have my full support for QBing the team in the playoffs.

How about just being 5-1 on the road? Only loss so far is to a playoff team in their home opener for the year....

Post #: 3888
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 12/7/2017 10:03:47 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

How about just being 5-1 on the road? Only loss so far is to a playoff team in their home opener for the year....

On a day where our starting QB had about 3 Minutes to prepare.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3889
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 12/7/2017 10:08:26 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott
quote:

quote:

On a day where our starting QB had about 3 Minutes to prepare.

Damn straight....plus he went into Washington and steamrolled them when they were battling for a playoffs spot, at Detroit on Thanksgiving Day with the Division title still in play.
I see Baltimore Def taking it to a ton of teams......Our offense moved the ball on them.

There are plenty of reasons to keep playing Case....

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 12/7/2017 10:10:49 AM >

Post #: 3890
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 12/7/2017 11:11:05 AM   
marty

If the Vikings with Case lose at Carolina, and none of the road teams the Vikings beat make the playoffs, then I will fully support Bridgewater being the starter in the playoffs.
Post #: 3891
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 12/7/2017 11:30:26 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

I think he's going to wait until Cincinnati so it looks like it's there fault, beings that they are known thugs, instead of it casting suspicion on himself. Good call, though.

Post #: 3892
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 12/14/2017 6:43:08 PM   
Ricky J

Vikings Report‏ @VikingsReport
Let's stop pretending Pat Shurmur will be with the Vikings in 2018

I'm going to be surprised if this prediction doesn't come true
Post #: 3893
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 12/14/2017 7:54:13 PM   
bgdavis

If the Vikings earn a bye, they better keep a close eye on Shurmur between Jan 1st (day after regular season when many coaches may get axed) to Jan 7th (Assistant coaches under contract to playoff clubs that have byes in the Wild Card weekend may be interviewed for head coaching positions through the conclusion of the Wild Card games.)

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 3894
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 12/14/2017 8:16:20 PM   
thebigo

quote:

He's already had one failed stint as a head coach.
Post #: 3895
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 12/14/2017 8:33:22 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

He's already had one failed stint as a head coach.

Where?
Post #: 3896
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 12/14/2017 8:35:56 PM   
Ian Joseph

Cleveland

Believe.
Post #: 3897
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 12/14/2017 11:36:21 PM   
bgdavis

Failing in CLE is par for the course. Even Belichick got fired from CLE. I doubt many teams would hold it against Shurmur to have that on his resume.

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 3898
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 12/15/2017 11:20:14 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: bgdavis

Failing in CLE is par for the course. Even Belichick got fired from CLE. I doubt many teams would hold it against Shurmur to have that on his resume.

They should add points to your resume for coaching in Cleveland.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 3899
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 12/15/2017 3:14:15 PM   
Trekgeekscott

It just makes me respect Marty Schottemheimer a little more. Sure he never won the big one, but he actually WON in Cleveland. If not for one of the most epic comeback drives in history piloted by a HOF QB Marty might have had a title in Cleveland.

Post #: 3900
Page:   <<   < prev  154 155 [156] 157 158   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  154 155 [156] 157 158   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode