Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: kgdabom
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  156 157 [158] 159 160   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/12/2018 7:33:02 PM   
Tim Cady

Vikings by a shitload more than 30 Saints less than 20 maybe even a shut out. Did you see Barr against Chicago, totally different gear...I think the whole defense will be like that. One touchdown max again for New Orleans, if things go well for them it will be another 16 to 19 point effort. A lot of field goals to stay close. I think the Vikings will score at least one touchdown per quarter and mix in a couple of field goals. 34 points sounds right, 41 if we are the fine oiled machine I think we are and defense takes a couple away and either scores or gives us a short field.

the above is talking out loud below is the prediction:

Vikings 44 Saints 7.

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 3926
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/12/2018 8:09:53 PM   
Murph

Vikings 38 Saints 9

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 3927
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/13/2018 9:42:30 AM   
Ricky J

oops

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 1/13/2018 9:54:05 AM >
Post #: 3928
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/13/2018 9:52:51 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

Vikings 38 Saints 9

It's gotta be this way or it's going to be real tough to sit through - I want to use the whole chair
Post #: 3929
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/13/2018 11:49:07 AM   
bgdavis

Here's my picks for the Divison round:
NE over TEN (NE offense is too strong for TEN)
ATL over PHI (Difference will be ATL's passing game and playoff experience. PHI's pass D is vulnerable, and they are thin at LB.)
JAX over PIT (JAX already won @PIT once this season, and they can do it again.)
MIN over NO (A closer battle than some may expect, but MIN will grind out a win.)

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 3930
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/13/2018 2:25:30 PM   
bohumm

Even though I was impressed with Altlanta's defense last weekend, I think Philly will win today with a stout defense, a good running game, and enough from Foles and their receivers to get them through. I want Altlanta to win, but if I were betting I'd go with Philly.

The rest go to the home teams, though I'll be pulling for the dogs in the AFC.
Post #: 3931
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/13/2018 3:59:45 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Can't wait to be told I was wrong on this prediction:

Carolina will take the NFC, and then will beat NE in the Super Bowl.

I would love to join in this dream of the Vikings winning it in their own stadium, just think it boils down to individuals, and I give the edge to Carolina. It was a shot in the arm when they beat NE earlier this season, and they still had enough to beat the Vikes. Next time Zimmer might scheme better to take away Newton's running, and then Cam will burn him through the air. I also think Peppers is vet that is at home and hungry for a ring, and will be hard to stop, scheming won't help, talent and desire wins out.

wrong

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3932
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/13/2018 5:36:05 PM  1 votes
marty

As I stated earlier tfan, quite happy to be wrong on that.

I am happy Carolina was eliminated, as I think a strong armed mobile QB like Cam would have been more difficult to prepare for, than a guy like Brees.

I still think Brees can be trouble, but today I am back where I was all week until Friday. I don't know what happened on Friday.

I really think the Vikes will win, but I do think the accuracy of Brees along with slight favoritism from the officials will make the game close.

I now regret posting a prediction that had the Saints winning. If I change my mind and go towards predicting a Vikings' win, disregard older predictions, the one closest to game time being most valid.
Post #: 3933
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/13/2018 5:49:58 PM   
Todd M

Prediction:

Marty keeps talking in circles until who he thinks will win is a convoluted mess.
Post #: 3934
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/13/2018 5:50:41 PM   
Todd M

Sorry I guess that's more reporting than predicting.
Post #: 3935
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/13/2018 5:51:18 PM   
marty

Coming from a poster that really enjoys bringing attention to himself.
Post #: 3936
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/13/2018 5:52:49 PM   
marty

Why make predictions, when it's so much easier to poke fun at anyone that has made an incorrect prediction ?
Post #: 3937
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/13/2018 5:57:29 PM   
marty

It's never really a convoluted mess. I have usually made just one prediction on a game. Whenever I have made two, I have changed my mind, and you can disregard the earlier prediction.

I suppose I could be more disciplined and wait until just before gametime, only making ONE prediction, but that wouldn't give someone like Todd who likes to draw attention to himself, the chance to ridicule my changing a prediction .
Post #: 3938
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/13/2018 6:13:51 PM   
thebigo

quote:

It's never really a convoluted mess. I have usually made just one prediction on a game. Whenever I have made two, I have changed my mind, and you can disregard the earlier prediction.

I suppose I could be more disciplined and wait until just before gametime, only making ONE prediction, but that wouldn't give someone like Todd who likes to draw attention to himself, the chance to ridicule my changing a prediction .

I guess when you predict one team to rout one team, then the next day you pick the other team to win... it just seems a little silly.
Post #: 3939
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/13/2018 6:50:10 PM   
Justin Sampson

Time to finish off the NFC South tomorrow.
Post #: 3940
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/13/2018 7:37:49 PM   
marty

I guess when you predict one team to rout one team, then the next day you pick the other team to win... it just seems a little silly

I guess that can be true, but games can sometimes play off of momentum, and some QBs are better than others at playing from behind.

While my nightmare scenario has the Saints getting up early with a comfortable win, my strongest feelings sense a Vikings win.

I think the Vikes could get a lopsided win with neutral officiating, but I think they'll favor the Saints in the 2nd half, so it will be a very close game.
Post #: 3941
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/13/2018 7:39:53 PM   
marty

Vikes 20 Saints 17
Post #: 3942
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/13/2018 8:22:14 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Vikes 20 Saints 17

Unless .................. the Saints lead by a whole bunch, early.
Then disregard.

Post #: 3943
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/14/2018 1:30:04 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

Why make predictions, when it's so much easier to poke fun at anyone that has made an incorrect prediction ?

Right on, marty. I get called out for "playing both sides of the fence" quite often. I'm not really sure I'm doing it, but others certainly think I've mastered the craft.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3944
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/14/2018 1:54:00 PM   
Ian Joseph

Win.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 3945
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/14/2018 3:16:47 PM   
Ricky J

Vikings big!
Post #: 3946
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/14/2018 10:19:40 PM   
bgdavis

quote:

ORIGINAL: bgdavis

ATL over PHI (Difference will be ATL's passing game and playoff experience. PHI's pass D is vulnerable, and they are thin at LB.)
MIN over NO (A closer battle than some may expect, but MIN will grind out a win.)

Managed to get 3 of the 4 correct. No surprise that NE dominated TEN. I went out on a bit of a limb with the JAX pick over PIT, but I figured it would be a very low scoring game. I never expected a 45-42 finish. I expected an easier MIN win instead of the rollercoaster finish. If it wasn't for that weird bounce on a near certain ATL INT that instead turned into a PHI completion leading to a PHI FG just before half-time, it might have been 4 for 4. With the way the 2nd half went, ATL probably wins that game if they're up 10-6 at halftime instead of only being up 10-9.

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 3947
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/14/2018 10:28:48 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

quote:

Managed to get 3 of the 4 correct. No surprise that NE dominated TEN. I went out on a bit of a limb with the JAX pick over PIT, but I figured it would be a very low scoring game. I never expected a 45-42 finish. I expected an easier MIN win instead of the rollercoaster finish. If it wasn't for that weird bounce on a near certain ATL INT that instead turned into a PHI completion leading to a PHI FG just before half-time, it might have been 4 for 4. With the way the 2nd half went, ATL probably wins that game if they're up 10-6 at halftime instead of only being up 10-9.

Pretty impressive.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 3948
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/15/2018 3:05:13 PM   
marty

Since this topic irritates some people, I sometimes wish I had my own thread for 'sway' talk, or subconscious injuries. I love the topics so much, could talk about them with even just myself all day

But I do enjoy and value others input on it, especially when they consider the possibility, and then add further insight.
Post #: 3949
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/15/2018 3:15:45 PM   
marty

'Sway' 101 - Give the team the bettors favored some ticky tack calls and a few non calls in the 1st half, and then favor the other team entirely in the 2nd half with calls and non calls.

This is what yesterday's game felt like, the Saints seemed to get all the questionable calls and non calls in the 2nd half.

I was surprised Payton didn't win his 2nd challenge, and was halfway expecting the ref to find a foot out of bounds, a footprint on the white line, a knee down, or SOMETHING against the Vikes on the final play.

The Saints had the point spread covered, even if the Vikes got a FG, and it took a miracle for the Vikes to have a shot at covering. There was more betting on the Vikes to cover 3 1/2 - 4 1/2, must have been close to even betting at 5, or it would have went higher.
Post #: 3950
Page:   <<   < prev  156 157 [158] 159 160   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  156 157 [158] 159 160   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode