Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  163 164 [165] 166 167   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 1/13/2019 11:51:55 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

I expect Elliott to be like Fred Taylor, maybe even Curtis Martin, just a durable, dependable back. After hes done being whatever he is now, that's the role he will settle into for the 2nd half of his career.

I could see that.
Post #: 4101
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/3/2019 12:31:33 PM   
marty

If in Vegas, I would bet the Rams to be ahead at halftime.

And because of that, I think there is a good chance the Rams win the SB.

Because of last year, I would expect Tom Brady to light it up in the 3rd quarter, and he might continue that through the 4th, but I think the difference will be the Rams getting a turnover or 2, near the end of the 3rd quarter, or in the 4th quarter.

So probably a Patriot WR will fumble, probably Edelman, maybe Patterson, or massive pressure up the middle makes Brady throw a pick, probably a deflection.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 4102
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/3/2019 12:50:48 PM   
Mark Anderson

Pats 37

Rams 26
Post #: 4103
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 2/3/2019 1:54:49 PM   
thebigo

Pats 31-23
Post #: 4104
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 7/8/2019 7:27:40 PM   
Todd M

Cousins: 4800 yards 36 TD's 6 INT's
Post #: 4105
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/3/2019 2:07:17 PM   
Trekgeekscott

Time for my bold, straight out of my ass predictions for the 2019 season.

I will begin with the AFC on this post and follow with the NFC on my next post.

AFC East
New England Patriots – OK show of hands, who thinks this isn’t the Patriots division to lose? Seriously, They’ve only not won it once since 2001.

Miami Dolphins – they’re trying I tell you, trying really hard to get better, but do they have enough?

Buffalo Bills - they’re trying I tell you, trying really hard to get better, but do they have enough?

New York Jets – They’re…well….kind of trying….they did hire a new head coach that already failed miserably in this divison….so there’s that…

Patriots will once again win the Division and the only question is whether they get the first or second seed.

AFC South
Jacksonville Jaguars – They acquire fools gold, aka Nick Foles to pilot their moribund offence. Their D should be pretty good though. So maybe that’s enough.

Indianapolis Colts – Aren’t they Lucky? PUN INTENDED. So their Franchise QB up and retires just over a week before the season starts, Their defense should be pretty good, but Brissett? ****ed.

Houston Texans – If they stay healthy they could be good. But once defenses figure out to isolate Hopkins and sellout to keep Watson in the pocket…they are going to struggle.

Tennessee Titans – Feeling a sleeper pick here.

AFC North
Pittsburgh Steelers – They’ve unloaded talented but cancerous players Le’Veon Bell and Antonio Brown. Did they replace them at all? Methinks the Steelers are going to struggle. Smithschuster is going to get doubleteamed a whole lot more now and wont be as effective. Thinking they might miss playoffs again.

Cincinnati Bengals – Dalton is not liked. Team is under new management. Rebuilding is the name of the game. Bottom dwelling is my prediction.

Baltimore Ravens – I am unconvinced Jackson can lead this team to the promised land. Mobile QBs don’t often last long and in this division I think he’s going to get killed eventually. That being said, if he stays upright they have a good shot at the Division considering my feelings on the Steelers and Bengals.

Cleveland Browns – loaded with talent. On both sides of the ball, the real question is are they ready to take the next step. This is the darling team among the pundits. I think they make the playoffs, but I think it is a year too soon.

AFC West.

Kansas City Chiefs – I think this team is the team to beat in the AFC, but only until a good defense stifles them and everyone else follows suit. They will score a lot. But can be beat.

Los Angeles Chargers – (that still feels odd to type) – Rivers is getting long in the tooth and this may be his last hurrah. Should be a fun team to watch. But they just miss the playoffs.

Oakland Raiders – last year in Oakland this will be a circus. It will be fun to see this team implode as the season wears on.

Denver Broncos – Still a decent D. Is Flacco enough? Methinks not.

Wild card round
Baltimore Ravens host Tennessee Titans (WC) Titans win
Jacksonville Hosts Browns (WC) Jags squeak out a win ending a magical Browns season.
Division Round
Tennessee goes to New England and gets pounded by the juggernaut
Jax goes to KC and shocks everyone by stifling the KC offense.

Championship round.
Hate to say it but New England wins again.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 4106
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/3/2019 2:24:40 PM   
Trekgeekscott

Now for the NFC

NFC East
New York Giants – in full rebuild. Eli Manning loses his starting job by midseason and this team will only go as far as Saquon Barkley can carry them.

Washington Redskins – Please

Dallas Cowboys – Zeke is being a greedy prick. Dak thinks he’s worth 30mil plus a year. Defense could be very good, and if Zeke sees the field they will make the playoffs. But this standoff is not looking pretty.

Philadelphia Eagles – really can’t stand the Eagles. But they are the current class of the division.

NFC South
Carolina Panthers – Much ado about Cam Newtons new attitude. Much ado about nothing….he’ll revert to the same old glory hog of the past and they will go to hell with the annual Keuchly trip to injuryville.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Let’s face it Winston is not the answer. They will fail again

Atlanta Falcons – I think this will be their up year, they kind of alternate year to year so….

New Orleans Saints – Division is theirs to lose and these arrogant pricks will, to Atlanta.

NFC West
Los Angeles Rams – they are the NFC Champs and if history continues they will struggle mightily just to make the playoffs. They still have a lot of talent though.

Arizona Cardinals – going all in on a rookie at QB. Talented kid but it wont go well the first year.

Seattle Seahawks – Well now, they’ve really worked to improve. Russel Wilson is no slouch and their D will be good again. Could be a fun team to watch if it weren’t for their asshat of a coach.

San Francisco 49ers – Better but not good enough.

NFC NORTH!!!!
Two teams will make the playoffs from this division and one of them will NOT be the Packers
Green Bay Packers – Will the new coach get more out of Aaron Rodgers? I don’t think so. Another injury awaits and 25+ years of QB karma is going to come back and haunt the Packers for years.

Detroit Lions – they find ways to hose it up every year and this year will be no different.

Chicago Bears - will come back to earth, but still make the playoffs

Minnesota Vikings are going to win 13 games at least. First round bye and homefield throughout.

Wild Card Round
Seahawks go to LA and beat Rams
Bears go to Philly and win this time.

Division round
Seahawks go to Atlanta and win
Philly comes to Minny and gets stomped.

Championship round
Vikings (of course) put a whooping on Seahawks and head to Superbowl.

Vikings pull off a miracle and win the Superbowl over the Patriots.

SKOL!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 4107
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/21/2019 10:38:01 AM   
Mark Anderson

Vikes 41 Raiders 13

Big days for Kirk, Thielen, Cook and Hunter.
Post #: 4108
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 9/23/2019 3:32:54 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Vikes 41 Raiders 13

Big days for Kirk, Thielen, Cook and Hunter.

Not bad.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 4109
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/24/2019 4:32:13 PM   
marty

I like the Packers to be ahead at halftime this week against SF. It seems like a good bet at Pack +2 1/2.

I suspect the refs will favor the Pack with calls and non-calls, then favor SF to make the game close, and the result could go either way. If SF has a chance to win it, I would guess Jimmy G will make the plays in a home game [in part because they came up short a few weeks ago at home against Seattle], and SF wins at the end.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 4110
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/24/2019 7:46:16 PM   
marty

Looked like Packers got away with PI on the last 49er drive, on 2nd down. Don't have a DVR, watching at a bar, and they didn't show the replay on that.

Anyone concur ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 4111
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/24/2019 8:50:02 PM   
marty

Thought Graham had a catch, so a missed call that favored the 49ers. Surprised the Packers didn't challenge.

I hope this isn't a game where they give a few biased calls in the 1st half in favor of the 49ers, then are baised in favor of the Pack in the 2nd half, on the way to a Packers comeback victory.

Hopefully the 49ers continue playing well in the 2nd half, and hold off the Packers.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 4112
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/24/2019 9:53:10 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Thought Graham had a catch, so a missed call that favored the 49ers. Surprised the Packers didn't challenge.

I hope this isn't a game where they give a few biased calls in the 1st half in favor of the 49ers, then are baised in favor of the Pack in the 2nd half, on the way to a Packers comeback victory.

Hopefully the 49ers continue playing well in the 2nd half, and hold off the Packers.

Other than the "Packers comeback victory" part, you were spot on.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 11/24/2019 9:54:16 PM >
Post #: 4113
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/25/2019 6:40:47 AM   
marty

Yes, I should have said, "or the refs leave the game alone and the Packers ...."

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 4114
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/25/2019 7:32:16 AM   
thebigo

quote:

Yes, I should have said, "or the refs leave the game alone and the Packers ...."

No you should have said and the referees make all the second half calls in favor the Packers and the Packers still get their asses kicked
Post #: 4115
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/25/2019 8:22:57 AM   
marty

I didn't see the 2nd half, so the refs were still trying to help the Pack get back into it ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 4116
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/25/2019 8:28:44 AM   
marty

So the blueprint for beating the Pack:

A) Injure one of their OTs
B) Get an early lead, and break the will of the officials

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 4117
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/25/2019 8:46:34 PM   
thebigo

quote:

I didn't see the 2nd half, so the refs were still trying to help the Pack get back into it ?

I think they had like 4 penalties they accepted on their single TD drive.
Post #: 4118
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/26/2019 8:37:02 PM   
marty

If games were a cinch to call, there would be many very wealthy sports bettors.

If they are messing with games, refs don't automatically help one team, so it's hard to predict.

I thought the refs would help GB more against SF, especially the 1st half. They had plenty of chances. They could have called PI on the deep pass to Adams, even though Adams did plenty of contact himself. If the game were being swayed for GB covering the spread, they could have tried to kill a few more early SF drives with holding calls on nice gainers.

< Message edited by marty -- 11/26/2019 8:38:03 PM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 4119
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 11/27/2019 12:09:00 AM   
David F.

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1199368544405925892

For those without twitter -

Here's my attempt at replicating the "first downs by penalty on 3rd downs" chart that's floating around.

The Packers...have been very fortunate

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4120
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 6/3/2021 11:19:49 AM   
David F.

Is it too early for predictions? I see the Vikes at 6-0 going into the bye and 14-3 overall winning the NFC North

@Cincinnati W
@Arizona W
Seattle W
Cleveland W
Detroit W
@Carolina W
BYE
Dallas W
@Baltimore L
@LA Chargers W
Green Bay W
@San Francisco W
@Detroit W
Pittsburgh W
@Chicago L
LA Rams W
@Green Bay L
Chicago W

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4121
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 6/3/2021 1:37:02 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Is it too early for predictions? I see the Vikes at 6-0 going into the bye and 14-3 overall winning the NFC North

@Cincinnati W
@Arizona W
Seattle W
Cleveland W
Detroit W
@Carolina W
BYE
Dallas W
@Baltimore L
@LA Chargers W
Green Bay W
@San Francisco W
@Detroit W
Pittsburgh W
@Chicago L
LA Rams W
@Green Bay L
Chicago W

I always think we can win every game, but trying to be a bit more realistic I see Ls at Chargers and 49ers. So 12-5, but I see a win at Chicago so 13-4. We will lose a game or two we expect to win and win a game or two we expect to lose. So Regis 12-5 final answer.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 6/3/2021 1:56:45 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 4122
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 6/5/2021 8:00:14 AM   
Todd M

quote:

@Cincinnati W
@Arizona W
Seattle W
Cleveland W
Detroit W
@Carolina W
BYE
Dallas W
@Baltimore L
@LA Chargers W
Green Bay W
@San Francisco W
@Detroit W
Pittsburgh W
@Chicago L
LA Rams W
@Green Bay L
Chicago W

I was so happy to see you post this. Even though I know you're a huge fan/supporter...your posts don't always read that way.
Post #: 4123
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 6/5/2021 9:21:24 AM  1 votes
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

@Cincinnati W
@Arizona W
Seattle W
Cleveland W
Detroit W
@Carolina W
BYE
Dallas W
@Baltimore L
@LA Chargers W
Green Bay W
@San Francisco W
@Detroit W
Pittsburgh W
@Chicago L
LA Rams W
@Green Bay L
Chicago W

I was so happy to see you post this. Even though I know you're a huge fan/supporter...your posts don't always read that way.

A major fault of mine is that I get confrontational/contradictory with other posters on small details. What starts as a discussion of minor differences in views on a topic blows up into all out war. I have poor control over myself in my 'need to be right'. I don't let that cloud my view of the team though.

Post #: 4124
RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) - 6/7/2021 10:15:57 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

@Cincinnati W
@Arizona W
Seattle W
Cleveland W
Detroit W
@Carolina W
BYE
Dallas W
@Baltimore L
@LA Chargers W
Green Bay W
@San Francisco W
@Detroit W
Pittsburgh W
@Chicago L
LA Rams W
@Green Bay L
Chicago W

A major fault of mine is that I get confrontational/contradictory with other posters on small details. What starts as a discussion of minor differences in views on a topic blows up into all out war. I have poor control over myself in my 'need to be right'. I don't let that cloud my view of the team though.

Nice!

- are you exercising the right to change that last GB game?

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 6/7/2021 10:17:22 AM >
Post #: 4125
Page:   <<   < prev  163 164 [165] 166 167   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Predictions for Next Week (and maybe beyond) Page: <<   < prev  163 164 [165] 166 167   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode