Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General NHL Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: General NHL Talk Page: <<   < prev  153 154 [155] 156 157   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/15/2019 9:28:55 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Sucks man, wanted to be 100% wrong but you could see the body language.
Post #: 3851
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/15/2019 8:06:49 PM   
SoMnFan

Don’t want to jinx this.
But whatta great period
Joe Thornton is seriously seriously seriously
In his 70s. At least 60s
This game beats the shit out of people.
I love him. But for the love of god get out before you die man
Post #: 3852
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/15/2019 8:55:47 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Don’t want to jinx this.
But whatta great period
Joe Thornton is seriously seriously seriously
In his 70s. At least 60s
This game beats the shit out of people.
I love him. But for the love of god get out before you die man

No doubt, SoMn. And that beard just looks silly. His conditioning must be close to or on par with Jaromir. I'm having some problems watching this game. The sharks look like they are losing sight of the blues forwards on a lot of the transitions. They gave up too many easy shots in the second period.
Post #: 3853
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/16/2019 7:59:04 AM   
SoMnFan

SWEET win.
Waaaaaaaaah, hand pass not called. Waaaaaaaah.
Do we break down the play, and then call the takedown on Nyquist, the cross check to the face, and the Blues seven other infractions on the same play?
Missed call. it happens.
Loved Karlsson after … "pffft, its like The Longest Yard out there all night. Fair game. We win"
Schenn should be suspended a month for his JP Parise tantrum.
Sharks are better
But that doesn't mean they'll win
Blues are damn tough to play against
And this will steel them even more.
Post #: 3854
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/16/2019 8:00:11 AM   
SoMnFan

Martin Jones

Amazing.

Oh, btw … Blue Jackets signed their dream goalie yesterday
Frees up Bobrovski for sure now.
He's just sittin there.
Post #: 3855
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/16/2019 8:31:42 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

Martin Jones

Amazing.

Oh, btw … Blue Jackets signed their dream goalie yesterday
Frees up Bobrovski for sure now.
He's just sittin there.

Are they really going to move ahead with Elvis and Corpuscle in the net? Seems crazy to me. And, you're right about the "hand pass" thing. Human error is part of the game, and it benefits both teams equally, for the most part.
Post #: 3856
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/16/2019 8:57:04 AM   
SoMnFan

btw ... how about Logan Couture?
Never mentioned when talking about the games best
48 playoff goals.
Seems like a number. Until you think … one. two. three. four ……. OMG
More goals in the do-or-die playoffs, than some of the dudes we call STUDS have in their entire careers.
Amazes me how quietly some guys are just freaking incredible
Post #: 3857
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/16/2019 9:01:57 AM   
kevinemmer

"Longest Yard" was apt description.

Missed calls all over; Perron Delay of Game minutes before he scored.

Payranko's violent chop across (forgot who's) wrist that flipped him thru the crease, probably a fracture there.

Fun game, I thought the Sharks were ready to collapse at the end of the 2nd, they were dead on their skates, but came back with a good 3rd.
Post #: 3858
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/16/2019 9:46:23 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

"Longest Yard" was apt description.

Missed calls all over; Perron Delay of Game minutes before he scored.

Payranko's violent chop across (forgot who's) wrist that flipped him thru the crease, probably a fracture there.

Fun game, I thought the Sharks were ready to collapse at the end of the 2nd, they were dead on their skates, but came back with a good 3rd.

I know I'm partial to them, but this Shark team fascinates me
Incredible highs, incredible lows
They're so talented, yet can struggle mightily for long periods.
Every time I quietly say to myself … well, that's it then, they're done. And BAM. They go right back to being the Russians from the 70's
Just want to scream at them sometimes, they are the most nonchalant team I have ever watched at times. Will almost purposely NOT get pucks out of their own blue. That kills me.
And usually almost kills them. Martin Jones kept that game from being 7-2 at one time.
Seriously, Dubnyk would have given up 8 last night.
Been really concerned about the disappearance of Kane and Burns. If those two ever get involved look out. Maybe they are saving it for bigger times.
Don't get me wrong, Burns is great, but how many gaems do you watch in regular season where he gets 2-3-4 points nightly?
Of course this is different, but still ... he's not showing up on the scoresheet like he has to.
It appeared late that he felt that and really was pressing, thats when they are at their best.
Post #: 3859
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/16/2019 11:56:17 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

SWEET win.
Waaaaaaaaah, hand pass not called. Waaaaaaaah.
Do we break down the play, and then call the takedown on Nyquist, the cross check to the face, and the Blues seven other infractions on the same play?
Missed call. it happens.
Loved Karlsson after … "pffft, its like The Longest Yard out there all night. Fair game. We win"
Schenn should be suspended a month for his JP Parise tantrum.
Sharks are better
But that doesn't mean they'll win
Blues are damn tough to play against
And this will steel them even more.

Judd Zulgad disagrees with you. He's PISSED. Watch the video.

https://twitter.com/jzulgad

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3860
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/16/2019 12:04:51 PM   
SoMnFan

The tackle on Nyquist stopped him from scoring waaaaaah
The crosscheck to the face stopped him from scoring waaaaaah
Like I said …. wanna analyze every 20 second increment? Do it without me. Move on.
The two uncovered Sharks in front of the net get me to stop feeling bad for the Blues right away.
It's The Longest Yard out there, every night now. Love that quote.
Sharks got screwed in Game 3 vs the Avs, BLATANT icing that ended up not being called, Avs score GWer on the play.
Waaaaaaah.

As people told me earlier this Spring, when a team that means everything to me got screwed blatantly …. suck it up buttercup.
You'll get no sympathy here.
Post #: 3861
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/17/2019 8:45:35 AM   
SoMnFan

Riddle me this Batmen

Isles sweep Pens
Canes sweep Isles
Bruins sweep Canes

Post #: 3862
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/17/2019 8:46:57 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Sharks sweep Bruins?
Post #: 3863
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/17/2019 8:47:23 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Hot goalie, hot PP = recipe for sweep.
Post #: 3864
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/17/2019 8:47:49 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Sharks sweep Bruins?

as usual … you read my mind
Post #: 3865
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/17/2019 11:12:57 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

Riddle me this Batmen

Isles sweep Pens
Canes sweep Isles
Bruins sweep Canes

Bettman!!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 3866
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/17/2019 1:40:14 PM   
SoMnFan

Sharks are walking into a buzzsaw tonight I'm afraid
Post #: 3867
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/17/2019 2:50:05 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

Sharks are walking into a buzzsaw tonight I'm afraid

Gotta survive that first for sure. Gonna be tough.
Post #: 3868
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/17/2019 3:17:16 PM   
SoMnFan

Was going to suggest they USE the dissing going on

ST. LOUIS - It was Baseball Hall of Famer Lefty Gomez that helped popularize the phrase "I'd rather be lucky than good," but it's a mantra that can frequently apply to hockey.
The San Jose Sharks have been quite good in the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs. They hold a 2-1 lead in the Western Conference Finals over the St. Louis Blues. They've won two Game 7s. They're averaging 3.29 goals per game, and have the playoffs' leading scorer in Logan Couture (20 points).

But they've also been lucky. Some would argue really, really lucky. They rallied in Game 7 against the Vegas Golden Knights in Round 1 thanks to a five-minute major penalty called on Knights forward Cody Eakin that should have been, at best, a two-minute minor. The NHL apologized to Vegas for the error, and the officials that worked that game haven't worked again in the playoffs.
There was the coach's challenge in Game 7 against the Colorado Avalanche in Round 2, where Gabriel Landeskog was ruled offside while changing at the bench -- a rare call, although correctly called in that game. On Wednesday, there was the hand-pass by Timo Meier that all four officials missed in overtime that led to Erik Karlsson's game-winning goal.
Just don't use the "L" word around the Sharks. They don't believe they've been lucky. They believe they've been good.

"It irks me when you use words like that because this team has played four or five elimination games. Not moments - games. Twelve to 15 periods of elimination hockey against Vegas, against Colorado in Game 7, so I think it's a ridiculous statement," said Sharks coach Peter DeBoer. "You know what? We've found a way. And we've faced a lot of adversity. We've had calls go against us and we've had calls go for us, and we're still standing. For anybody to minimize that, I think is disrespectful to our group and what we've done."
The Sharks players echoed their coach.
"I don't know if there's ever been a lucky team who's won. I think at the end of the day, it boils down to finding ways to win and every team goes through adversity throughout the course of the playoffs," said forward Evander Kane. "We've battled throughout these playoffs. There's been a lot of different types of scenarios that haven't gone our way that we've been able to push through and find a way to be successful."

Forward Gus Nyquist said that even if the breaks the Sharks have gotten could be considered lucky, they still had to take advantage of them; or, in the case of Game 3 against the Blues, put themselves in a position to benefit from them.
"I wouldn't say we're lucky," said Nyquist. "[Against Vegas], our first unit power play executed that to perfection. They scored four goals in five minutes. In Game 3, [Couture] comes up clutch and ties the game. We battle through. We know we're never out of a game until it's over."
Center Tomas Hertl said it agitates him when their accomplishments are minimized as a product of good fortune.
"We're battling. We had two seven-game series. We're battling through a lot of ups and downs. I don't think it's lucky. We just work for it. I don't care what everybody's saying. We deserve to win," he said. "I don't like 'lucky' overall. If you work for it, you deserve it."
Post #: 3869
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/17/2019 3:31:23 PM   
SoMnFan

Love how they skew the view of the events …
"at best, a two minute minor" … Are we going there again?
Joe F-ing Pavelski laying there in a pool of blood, convulsing, out the rest of the series … you really don't think there's at least 4 coming?
He wasn't faking it, he barely got back in 7 games.
The Avs were offside "a rare call, but correctly called" Ummmmmmm, and your complaint is?
Post #: 3870
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/19/2019 3:23:30 PM   
Jeff Jesser

SJ jacks another off the post and 1 minute later Jones gifts the Blues a goal that Dubnyk would be embarrassed by and it's 2-0. This is not looking good boys.
Post #: 3871
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/19/2019 3:28:54 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Penalty shot coming up. This could end the series. SJ is just stunned and guess who left his feet, diving for a puck to give away the penalty? You guessed it BB

It was the ONE knock I use to say damn near every day when he was with us. Old habits I guess.
Post #: 3872
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/19/2019 3:29:53 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Yup, 3-0 nothing now and I'm pretty sure STL can start pulling out Tommy guns and just start shooting people. They aren't calling anything so might as well.
Post #: 3873
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/19/2019 3:30:50 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I guess the 1 redeeming quality of the series I won't watch 1 second of. If that rat bass turd tries anything stupid STL will shank him over it.
Post #: 3874
RE: General NHL Talk - 5/19/2019 4:38:07 PM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I guess the 1 redeeming quality of the series I won't watch 1 second of. If that rat bass turd tries anything stupid STL will shank him over it.

I would watch the replays of that happening!
Post #: 3875
Page:   <<   < prev  153 154 [155] 156 157   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: General NHL Talk Page: <<   < prev  153 154 [155] 156 157   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode