Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Gopher Football

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Football Page: <<   < prev  382 383 [384] 385 386   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gopher Football - 9/22/2018 2:17:30 PM   
Mr. Ed

Winfield in all game would have helped. but 42 points? Dang

Escape while you can!
Post #: 9576
RE: Gopher Football - 9/22/2018 4:25:22 PM   
bstinger

Someone forgot to pull the anchor today. Seriously though, our young team was overmatched physically today. Losing Winfield early didn't help. It will be a rough year in the Big10. Need some more experience and to add some size and strength.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 9577
RE: Gopher Football - 9/22/2018 6:35:00 PM  3 votes
Jeff Jesser

Had to know it was coming. Powerhouses like Maryland are hard to beat. With all their tradition and history (of sucking ass worse than us) it's a lot to overcome. Just the mystic of going in to Crab Cake stadium had to be tough for all these young guys we brag about.

Tyler Johnson refuses to catch the ball on a regular basis. He literally just says "nope, aint happening" at times. It's mind blowing. I also like our "good play, decent play 90 yard f-uckup for a TD" style defense. Very effective there Fleck.

And no on Winfield. He was just as guilty as everyone else when he was in.

Again though, all those National Championships and the smell of Old Bay in the air, we didn't really stand a chance. Which, btw, was reflected in the play and score. One day we may be as good as the Maryland Terrapins. Or, at least, we can hope!

Can you imagine the horror these guys are going to see when they go in to WEACTUALLYHAVEATEAM stadium in Indiana? Going to be a blood bath. At least our next game is in the Thunderdome of TCF Leisure Park. The excitement should be so palpable that those guys can't lose. Those 2500 rabid fans are going to be the 6th man(who, BTW, also just missed another tackle)!

Row the inter tube floating down the Mississippi carrying a cooler full of half empty PBR's baby! This is Gopher football.
Post #: 9578
RE: Gopher Football - 9/23/2018 9:56:39 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Had to know it was coming. Powerhouses like Maryland are hard to beat. With all their tradition and history (of sucking ass worse than us) it's a lot to overcome. Just the mystic of going in to Crab Cake stadium had to be tough for all these young guys we brag about.

Tyler Johnson refuses to catch the ball on a regular basis. He literally just says "nope, aint happening" at times. It's mind blowing. I also like our "good play, decent play 90 yard f-uckup for a TD" style defense. Very effective there Fleck.

And no on Winfield. He was just as guilty as everyone else when he was in.

Again though, all those National Championships and the smell of Old Bay in the air, we didn't really stand a chance. Which, btw, was reflected in the play and score. One day we may be as good as the Maryland Terrapins. Or, at least, we can hope!

Can you imagine the horror these guys are going to see when they go in to WEACTUALLYHAVEATEAM stadium in Indiana? Going to be a blood bath. At least our next game is in the Thunderdome of TCF Leisure Park. The excitement should be so palpable that those guys can't lose. Those 2500 rabid fans are going to be the 6th man(who, BTW, also just missed another tackle)!

Row the inter tube floating down the Mississippi carrying a cooler full of half empty PBR's baby! This is Gopher football.

Classic post!! Love it!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9579
RE: Gopher Football - 9/24/2018 7:40:56 AM   
SoMnFan

Great stuff Jeff

Not sure I've ever been more down about a team.
After ONCE AGAIN being duped into thinking we were getting somewhere
Took an ass kicking. From a mediocre program. And acted like we had it coming.
PATHETIC
Post #: 9580
RE: Gopher Football - 9/24/2018 7:42:44 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

https://www.twincities.com/2018/09/17/gophers-quarterback-zack-annexstad-appears-a-go-for-big-ten-opener-saturday/

Anexstad appears OK for Big 10 opener

He was not.
Your program looks stupid when you send out a guy who can barely walk.
This isn't Erin Rodgers fantasyland camp. Embarrassing depth issues.
Post #: 9581
RE: Gopher Football - 9/24/2018 7:44:33 AM   
SoMnFan

Hate to revel in anyone else's misfortunes, but thank god Nebraska is on the same embarrassing road we are traveling.
Its probably the only enlightening sports result of the weekend for me.
Post #: 9582
RE: Gopher Football - 9/24/2018 9:44:53 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Yeah, sorry guys. Had to get that out of my system. Just embarrassing on so many levels. We will be lucky to win a game in the B10 and that's not hyperbole.
Post #: 9583
RE: Gopher Football - 9/24/2018 9:47:06 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Hate to revel in anyone else's misfortunes, but thank god Nebraska is on the same embarrassing road we are traveling.
Its probably the only enlightening sports result of the weekend for me.

Agree man. What a terrible weekend of sports. Not being silly or sarcastic but after this weekend of ass beatings, and the realization that the Wild will trot out the same ole crap, the most interesting/exciting thing going on is "what will the Wolves get for Butler".

Literally, losing an All Star caliber player is all we have going on. Unbelievable.
Post #: 9584
RE: Gopher Football - 9/24/2018 9:52:00 AM   
SoMnFan

I cringe every time they show Fleck's cute little sideline sprint to start the quarters
Because, during days like Saturday, it makes you look RIDICULOUS
Just don't want people buying into that kind of crap. It's smoke-and-mirrors, in a world where you get punched in the mouth.
Post #: 9585
RE: Gopher Football - 9/24/2018 10:08:55 AM   
TJSweens

Worst of all, once again, Winfield suffers a season ending injury against Maryland. He needs foot surgery and the Gophers will apply yet again for a medical redshirt for him.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 9586
RE: Gopher Football - 9/24/2018 11:31:39 AM   
Pete M.

We can't have good things.
Post #: 9587
RE: Gopher Football - 9/24/2018 11:31:48 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Worst of all, once again, Winfield suffers a season ending injury against Maryland. He needs foot surgery and the Gophers will apply yet again for a medical redshirt for him.

Oh my God
The one true real D1 performer at this point
Typical
Post #: 9588
RE: Gopher Football - 9/24/2018 11:35:03 AM   
bstinger

WTH!

--twinsfan
Post #: 9589
RE: Gopher Football - 9/24/2018 1:03:06 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

If anything, I think this hurts Smith's chances of getting another year or eligibility. Now we've requested TWO for a couple of our best players. Winfield played in a Big 10 game, so the argument is not as strong. I could see him getting denied. And then they might think, hey, not much difference between what Smith was requesting and what Winfield was requesting. Better deny Smith too so we're not playing favorites. That's my best guess.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9590
RE: Gopher Football - 9/24/2018 1:16:58 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

If anything, I think this hurts Smith's chances of getting another year or eligibility. Now we've requested TWO for a couple of our best players. Winfield played in a Big 10 game, so the argument is not as strong. I could see him getting denied. And then they might think, hey, not much difference between what Smith was requesting and what Winfield was requesting. Better deny Smith too so we're not playing favorites. That's my best guess.

From what I've heard, there is a new rule where you can play in 4 games and still use a red-shirt.

--twinsfan
Post #: 9591
RE: Gopher Football - 9/25/2018 1:13:45 PM   
SoMnFan

I remember being laughed at for this awhile back ... here I go again ....

There's a new list out today, of .... CFB teams already eliminated from national title contention (yes, we're on it, no need to check)

Anyway, to reiterate my original point
CFB is different from almost every other sport
There's zero need for all the punting that takes place. Once you get behind in most games, unless you are playing a Top 5 opponent, there's zero reason to keep a game close ... simply to keep a game close.
Stop all the punting, stop all the conservative game plans.
Could be an incredibly exciting game, if played correctly.
There's a whole bunch of programs and old coaches playing it stupid. being 2nd in the B10 means squat. Might as well be on the bottom.
Someone explain this to them please.
Post #: 9592
RE: Gopher Football - 9/25/2018 8:27:19 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

I remember being laughed at for this awhile back ... here I go again ....

There's a new list out today, of .... CFB teams already eliminated from national title contention (yes, we're on it, no need to check)

Anyway, to reiterate my original point
CFB is different from almost every other sport
There's zero need for all the punting that takes place. Once you get behind in most games, unless you are playing a Top 5 opponent, there's zero reason to keep a game close ... simply to keep a game close.
Stop all the punting, stop all the conservative game plans.
Could be an incredibly exciting game, if played correctly.
There's a whole bunch of programs and old coaches playing it stupid. being 2nd in the B10 means squat. Might as well be on the bottom.
Someone explain this to them please.

7-4 or 6-5 lets them keep their job vs 2-9

The bar is so low. Pathetic.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 9593
RE: Gopher Football - 9/26/2018 7:23:45 AM   
SoMnFan

Yup, you nailed it
Keep those high paying gigs.
Post #: 9594
RE: Gopher Football - 9/28/2018 3:20:52 PM   
SoMnFan

A week off?
Probably a good thing.
Post #: 9595
RE: Gopher Football - 9/28/2018 4:19:05 PM   
bstinger

quote:

A week off?
Probably a good thing.

I should be thankful, and would be if the GD weather was better, like it should be, but a whole weekend with crappy weather and no FB is going to SUCK!

--twinsfan
Post #: 9596
RE: Gopher Football - 9/28/2018 5:46:01 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

A week off?
Probably a good thing.

I should be thankful, and would be if the GD weather was better, like it should be, but a whole weekend with crappy weather and no FB is going to SUCK!

U's fall softball is starting

So is Olivia's fall ball. First 2 Sunday

Escape while you can!
Post #: 9597
RE: Gopher Football - 9/30/2018 7:08:21 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

A week off?
Probably a good thing.

The Twins and Mauer took care of the thrills this weekend, if anyone bothered to notice. It was well done. A shame if anyone missed it.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 9598
RE: Gopher Football - 10/5/2018 1:20:50 PM   
SoMnFan

No big Gopher FB excitement this week?
C'mon, its Iowa!
Post #: 9599
RE: Gopher Football - 10/5/2018 2:28:52 PM   
bstinger

Tomorrow is homecoming for Brainerd Football. Daughter is playing in the Marching Band for the first time. I'll be recording the Gophers to watch later. Would be nice if the Gophers do well but I have low expectations.

--twinsfan
Post #: 9600
Page:   <<   < prev  382 383 [384] 385 386   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Football Page: <<   < prev  382 383 [384] 385 386   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode