Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Gopher Football

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Football Page: <<   < prev  411 412 [413] 414 415   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gopher Football - 9/8/2019 1:10:01 AM   
bstinger

Winfield picks it out of nowhere! Gophs win in 2 OT.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 10301
RE: Gopher Football - 9/8/2019 1:10:20 AM   
kgdabom

Got the FG now have to prevent Fresno from a TD. Drama.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 10302
RE: Gopher Football - 9/8/2019 1:12:47 AM   
kgdabom

It's end of game on ESPN. My broadcast quit working. I thought Fresno got another shot at it. What a time to lose the broadcast.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 10303
RE: Gopher Football - 9/8/2019 1:14:02 AM   
kgdabom

Well we won. Morgan to Autman-Bell is going to be remembered as one of the most crucial plays of our great season.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 10304
RE: Gopher Football - 9/8/2019 1:15:37 AM   
kgdabom

And the Winfield Int for the win. Wish my broadcast hadn't died on me. What a game. These types of wins can do wonders for a team.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 10305
RE: Gopher Football - 9/8/2019 1:16:12 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

Winfield picks it out of nowhere! Gophs win in 2 OT.

Didn't see your post.
Saw the highlight. The WR looked wide open and like you say Winfield came out of nowhere.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/8/2019 1:18:14 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 10306
RE: Gopher Football - 9/8/2019 1:20:02 AM   
kgdabom

This was a big road win against a quality opponent. Row the Boat.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 10307
RE: Gopher Football - 9/8/2019 7:31:40 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

NDSU football would beat the Gophers 8 of every 10 games. They are FCS.

Until they actually play each other, your just pulling that out of your ass. Much like LEN III.

Gophers won't play them.
Post #: 10308
RE: Gopher Football - 9/8/2019 7:34:37 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

NDSU football would beat the Gophers 8 of every 10 games. They are FCS.

Until they actually play each other, your just pulling that out of your ass. Much like LEN III.

I would love to see the Bison in the Big Ten and see the Gophers in game 8 of the year instead of the first game.

SDSU would be the same....those teams are all healthy on their 1st units aren't bad but wait until they have to go into their 2nd or 3rd RB and LBs after playing in the Big Ten 8-10 games a year.

The Gophers don't recruit Vance they try to get 3 QBs each year as good or better than Vance.

They have missed out on Wentz, Stick and Vance.

They need to try harder.
Post #: 10309
RE: Gopher Football - 9/8/2019 9:42:19 AM   
TJSweens

Do you get that if ANY division 1 program had recruited those guys, they wouldn't have wound up in the Dakotas? When they were in high school, they weren't considered power 5 recruits. Sometimes kids fly under the radar and blosm in college.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 10310
RE: Gopher Football - 9/8/2019 10:44:18 AM   
TJSweens

History repeats itself and Winfield makes the game saving interception to preserve the win. If we play Maryland this year, I recommend Fleck sit him out of that game.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 10311
RE: Gopher Football - 9/8/2019 3:46:36 PM   
twinsfan

Pretty sweet to be 2-0 when we could very possibly be 0-2. I thought we were screwed....Winfield flew into the frame out of seemingly nowhere. I was somewhat thrown off by the announcer. He made it seem like the receiver was totally behind the D. I didn't start watching until the last minute of regulation. Trying to find CBSSN was a chore.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 10312
RE: Gopher Football - 9/8/2019 7:01:36 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Do you get that if ANY division 1 program had recruited those guys, they wouldn't have wound up in the Dakotas? When they were in high school, they weren't considered power 5 recruits. Sometimes kids fly under the radar and blosm in college.

What I get is that, maybe if QBs have pro aspirations, NDSU is better place to go than UM.(actually they(NDSU) have more QBs in NFL right now than Alabama)

Anyway, I think PJ is doing a good job but to recruit Lance to play DBack with the guys they have playing QB right now is a huge mistake in judgement.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 9/8/2019 7:04:57 PM >
Post #: 10313
RE: Gopher Football - 9/8/2019 8:46:35 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

What I get is that, maybe if QBs have pro aspirations, NDSU is better place to go than UM.(actually they(NDSU) have more QBs in NFL right now than Alabama)

Anyway, I think PJ is doing a good job but to recruit Lance to play DBack with the guys they have playing QB right now is a huge mistake in judgement.

20/20 hindsight Mark. The QB on the Gopher roster were all higher rated HS recruits than Lance. If Fleck didn't see Lance as a D1 QB , he has that in common with pretty much every other power 5 coach.

Post #: 10314
RE: Gopher Football - 9/9/2019 8:24:36 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

20/20 hindsight Mark. The QB on the Gopher roster were all higher rated HS recruits than Lance. If Fleck didn't see Lance as a D1 QB , he has that in common with pretty much every other power 5 coach.

Fair enough.
Post #: 10315
RE: Gopher Football - 9/9/2019 10:20:22 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Fair enough.

Please don't let him think he won so easily.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 10316
RE: Gopher Football - 9/9/2019 10:26:41 AM   
TJSweens

FWIW, Tanner Morgan completed 70% of his passes for 234 yards and 2 TD and 0 int. Not a bad game against a tough opponent on the road.

Post #: 10317
RE: Gopher Football - 9/9/2019 12:23:28 PM   
SoMnFan

Nice win!
A good quality win on the road against a tough foe.
Longest non-conference-games winning streak in CFB.
17 games I think.
Post #: 10318
RE: Gopher Football - 9/9/2019 12:28:26 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Nice win!
17 games I think.

What I like is that the Gophers are 2-0 without playing anything close to a complete game. They are capable of playing at least a couple of levels above where they are now.

Post #: 10319
RE: Gopher Football - 9/9/2019 12:35:12 PM   
SoMnFan

We dropped these type of games for decades.
I'm glad that's changing
Finding ways to WIN
What its all about.
Post #: 10320
RE: Gopher Football - 9/9/2019 12:36:18 PM   
SoMnFan

The B10 imo is the worst football conference in the country …. when it comes to clock management and creativity
The league is just sitting there waiting for someone who gets that.
Why not us.
Post #: 10321
RE: Gopher Football - 9/9/2019 12:41:09 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

Nice win!
17 games I think.

What I like is that the Gophers are 2-0 without playing anything close to a complete game. They are capable of playing at least a couple of levels above where they are now.

Stole my take!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 10322
RE: Gopher Football - 9/9/2019 12:45:49 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nice win!
17 games I think.

Stole my take!

No I didn't.

Post #: 10323
RE: Gopher Football - 9/9/2019 1:04:56 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Fair enough.

Please don't let him think he won so easily.

No conceding.

Just a truce.
Post #: 10324
RE: Gopher Football - 9/9/2019 1:19:19 PM   
TJSweens

Yep, I thought it was a respectful conclusion to a spirited, well thought out discussion. Unfortunately Matt and his feelings of inadequacy, feels the need to stir up trouble in debates in which he is incapable of keeping pace.

Post #: 10325
Page:   <<   < prev  411 412 [413] 414 415   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Golden Gophers >> RE: Gopher Football Page: <<   < prev  411 412 [413] 414 415   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode