Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: RE:NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: RE:NFL News Page: <<   < prev  221 222 [223] 224 225   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RE:NFL News - 9/29/2011 8:44:07 PM   
thebigo

Looks like Clay Matthews with one sack is hatin' life post HGH.
Post #: 5551
RE: RE:NFL News - 10/2/2011 9:02:42 PM   
SoMnFan

Congrats to Eric Decker
Local boy doing well.
He has worked hard for everything he's gotten.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 5552
RE: RE:NFL News - 10/3/2011 8:12:04 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Congrats to Eric Decker
Local boy doing well.

He would have looked good in purple.
Post #: 5553
RE: RE:NFL News - 10/4/2011 10:39:43 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Congrats to Eric Decker
Local boy doing well.

He looks great and would look good in purple. My fantasy team is grateful for his services.
Post #: 5554
RE: NFL News - 10/6/2011 10:41:27 AM   
Lynn G.

ESPN has permanently cancelled Hank Williams (it had previously just been for the one week).

Right call. ESPN doesn't need the headache of continuing to spotlight someone who has become so divisive.
Post #: 5555
RE: NFL News - 10/6/2011 12:36:15 PM   
ESPN is a joke!  I've seen worse things written on their web site by their own pompous writers than what HWJ said. 

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 5556
RE: NFL News - 10/6/2011 1:16:00 PM   
Lynn G.

Interesting. Give me an example - I don't read their web site.
Post #: 5557
RE: NFL News - 10/6/2011 1:46:07 PM   
Lets remember that this woman is still currently employed by ESPN.  HWJ was never actually employed by the network...they just used his opening and his song.  Talk about your double standard!

Jemele Juanita Hill is a columnist for ESPN.com's Page 2 and ESPN's First Take.
Jemele Hill joined ESPN in November 2006 as a national columnist on ESPN.com.  Hill also makes regular appearances on television, including SportsCenter and several ESPN programs, including ESPN First Take, Jim Rome is Burning, and Outside the Lines. Hill also became only the second woman to ever appear on Around The Horn on October 22, 2009.

During the 2008 NBA Playoffs, Hill was suspended from her post after referencing Adolf Hitler in an article about the then-NBA champion Boston Celtics and the Detroit Pistons. In an editorial describing why she could not support the Celtics, Hill wrote: "Rooting for the Celtics is like saying Hitler was a victim. It's like hoping Gorbachev would get to the blinking red button before Reagan. Deserving or not, I still hate the Celtics." The comments immediately generated a negative response from readers and that portion of the editorial was taken out shortly after the column was published. Hill was subsequently suspended for one week and issued an apology through ESPN.

In 2009, Hill was at the center of a controversy after telling Green Bay Packers fans to give Brett Favre the "Duracell treatment," implying that fans at Lambeau Field should throw batteries at the former Packer quarterback  

Later in 2009, Hill once again was reprimanded for her comments after comparing University of Kentucky Wildcats men's basketball coach John Calipari to Charles Manson. She later apologized to the university.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 5558
RE: NFL News - 10/6/2011 2:06:11 PM   
Lynn G.

Yep - she sounds like a loose cannon with an undisciplined mouth. I wouldn't say any of that was worse than what Williams said, but bad just the same.
Post #: 5559
RE: NFL News - 10/6/2011 2:22:08 PM   
So one reference to Adolph Hitler is somewhat okay, but the other one is not? 

She wrote that people should throw batteries at Brett Favre and she compared Calipari to Charles Manson???? 

Those aren't as bad as what HWJ said?  Well, IMO those are just as flamible and unacceptable as anything HWJ said.  ESPN deallt with them differently for what reason?  Because she is an employee of ESPN?  I mean come on....a standard is a standard is a standard.  You cannot pick and choose when you want to uphold your own standard and when you don't.  Thats just plain hypocritical and drives your credibility into the ground!!!  ESPN has become a joke!  Even Berman is difficult to listen to these days! 

Post #: 5560
RE: NFL News - 10/6/2011 2:23:04 PM   
See this comes down to politics when its all said and done, and politics in sports is pathetic.  All depends on what side of the aisle you lean.....

Post #: 5561
RE: NFL News - 10/6/2011 2:38:11 PM   
Cheesehead Craig

That's about as bad as wishing injury on your rival's players.

Sorry Ed, had to bust you on that one.
Post #: 5562
RE: NFL News - 10/6/2011 2:40:41 PM   
Maybe this week Craig??? 

Post #: 5563
RE: NFL News - 10/8/2011 10:06:46 AM   
twinsfan

Al Davis died today. He was 82.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 5564
RE: NFL News - 10/8/2011 10:37:41 AM   
Andy Lowe

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

RIP - a true visionary in the sportsworld. Hey may have been off his rocker the last 10 years running the Raiders, but helped pave the way for a lot of people.
Post #: 5565
RE: NFL News - 10/8/2011 11:48:19 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Lowe

quote:

RIP - a true visionary in the sportsworld. Hey may have been off his rocker the last 10 years running the Raiders, but helped pave the way for a lot of people.

Adam Schefter
Al Davis: only person to work as personnel assistant, scout, assistant coach, head coach, general manager, commissioner, team owner/CEO.
Post #: 5566
RE: NFL News - 10/8/2011 6:25:09 PM   
Duane Sampson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ed_Marotske

ESPN is a joke!  I've seen worse things written on their web site by their own pompous writers than what HWJ said. 

As far as the NFL goes, ESPN blows, always has. That network was about baseball when they started up. Let them find a better theme song for MNF. Ain't gonna happen in any of ya'll's  lifetimes. Fact, Jack.
Post #: 5567
RE: NFL News - 10/8/2011 7:05:19 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

Truer words could not have been said.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 5568
RE: NFL News - 10/8/2011 7:15:28 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

Adam Schefter
Al Davis: only person to work as personnel assistant, scout, assistant coach, head coach, general manager, commissioner, team owner/CEO.

No offense to Mr Davis, but I don't think commissioner of the AFL counts.

I perform every one of those duties for my FF team every year.
Post #: 5569
RE: NFL News - 10/9/2011 9:45:58 PM   
quote:

I perform every one of those duties for my FF team every year

Now thats funny!!!! 

Post #: 5570
RE: NFL News - 10/9/2011 9:46:42 PM   
Thomas O. Eliason

Yes.  Todd is hilarious.

PPE II baby
Post #: 5571
Are the Colts tanking it? - 10/11/2011 5:56:55 AM   
John Childress

They are in a weak division and still can't buy a win.

Looks like they are pulling a San Antonio and trying to ensure Luck to follow Manning like Duncan followed Robinson

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 5572
RE: Are the Colts tanking it? - 10/11/2011 9:52:03 AM   
Cheesehead Craig

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

They are in a weak division and still can't buy a win.

Looks like they are pulling a San Antonio and trying to ensure Luck to follow Manning like Duncan followed Robinson

It is an interesting theory though. There have been lots of questions about why Indy didn't do something about their QB situation when they knew that Manning needed surgery. If they end up sitting their big name players for minor injuries that they would normally play through the thoughts of tanking would get even more voiced.
Post #: 5573
RE: Are the Colts tanking it? - 10/13/2011 8:51:00 AM   
They (The Colts)  have already come out and said if they get the #1 pick in the draft they would take Luck.  I think its a no brainer that teams are "tanking" in order to be in the running to draft Luck.  Hell, a team who doesn't need Luck would be smart to get that #1 pick and tradde out of that spot and reap the rewards....

The one thing I laughed at was when Irsay said that a guy like Luck doesn't come around very often and having him on the roster and sitting for 3 or 4 seasons would be a good thing.....I'm willing to bet Luck has no intension of wanting to sit for 3 or 4 years before he gets a chance to play....even if its behind a guy like Manning.

Post #: 5574
RE: Are the Colts tanking it? - 10/17/2011 11:09:39 AM   
SoMnFan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Harbaugh-Schwartz-and-the-first-quarter-play-th?urn=nfl-wp9711

Knew ol dipshit Jim Shorts had more to do with this.
The guy has been over-reacting on the sideline for years. (see his childish cele after our game)
And now suddenly, he's agahast at someone else's antics.
Paybacks a bitch.
That cute little "know the rules" got you the reaction from Harbaugh you deserved. Take it.

< Message edited by SoMnFan -- 10/17/2011 11:10:44 AM >

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 5575
Page:   <<   < prev  221 222 [223] 224 225   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: RE:NFL News Page: <<   < prev  221 222 [223] 224 225   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode