Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: RE:Mike Vick case

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: RE:Mike Vick case Page: <<   < prev  25 26 27 28 [29]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 4:22:02 PM   
Todd M

Ok, I'm a low level loony. Got it.

Sick/twisted/disgusting etc...I would have thought that would be synonymous with not wanting someone to be part of one of your favorite things. That's sort of, kind of loony to me...

Low level of course.
Post #: 701
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 2/1/2011 4:32:30 PM   
Prescott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd Mallett

Ok, I'm a low level loony. Got it.

Sick/twisted/disgusting etc...I would have thought that would be synonymous with not wanting someone to be part of one of your favorite things. That's sort of, kind of loony to me...

Low level of course.

I have no idea if you want to ban Vick from the NFL or not. I think you're trying hard to be insulted personally, when that was not my intent. I made a general statment that Vick should be in the NFL, and that some of the loonies I have heard talking about him being executed and such are over the line.

If you identify with that, I guess you can take it personally. It's simply what I said, like anyone else in our society, he committed a crime, served his time, and like everyone else deserves to enter into society. Do a search of registered sex offenders, most people have 8 living within 3 miles of them. These twisted people get to enter into society as well. Setting up social mores where that happens, but Vick can't work would be slight loony to me.
Post #: 702
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 3/1/2011 9:01:01 AM   
Todd M

quote:

The Norfolk-based group, which has hosted the Afr'Am Festival in Town Point Park, said it plans to honor Vick because he has "epitomized the meaning of 'hero' not only by his unparalleled accomplishments on the football field, but more importantly, by his relentless resilience in overcoming the obstacles he has faced... and becoming a true example of life success for all to emulate,"

Ed Block Courage award. Comeback player of the year award. The freaking POTUS goes out of his way to praise the Mike Vick redemption cause.

And now this.

It's ****ing disgusting is what it is.

I've caught my fair share of flack for not accepting Vick back into the league, do I get any slack for not liking his return with everyone latching on to his dick the whole time?
Post #: 703
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 3/1/2011 9:14:23 AM   
Todd M

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/michael-vick-to-be-honored-as-hero

quote:

Still though, should Vick be dubbed a hero, especially in a military town of soldiers, marines and other service men and women who are fighting wars and dying or coming home badly wounded?
Muhammad responded, "And there is so much honor given to them and honor is due them, but we also feel that the little man that doesn't get the opportunity to be honored, deserves to be honored and Micheal Vick is one of those."

Insanity.
Post #: 704
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 3/1/2011 9:19:39 AM   
Todd M

From the same article:

quote:

"The term 'hero' is subjective," said Michael Muhammad who heads Southeastern Virginia Arts Association in Norfolk which is hosting the black tie gala at the Half Moon Cruise and Celebration Center. "People talk about Michael Vick as a convicted felon, well so was Jesus Christ yet he was able to do things above and beyond the naysayers to the point that we all recognize him today as Lord and Savior."

I should have reserved the "insanity" tag.
Post #: 705
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 3/1/2011 10:24:11 AM   
Todd M

This is from ”The Lost Dogs” by: Jim Gorant(michael vick’s dogs and their tale of rescue and redemption) page 93-

“And then there was one last body that stood out from the rest. It had signs of bruising on all four ankles and all along one side. It’s skull was fractured in two places and it had four broken vertebrae. Brownie had said that all of the dogs that didn’t die from being hanged were drowned, except one. As that dog lay on the gound fighting for air, Quanis Phillips grabbed it’s front legs and michael vick grabbed it’s hind legs. They swung the dog over their head like a jump rope then slammed it to the ground. The first impact didn’t kill it, so Phillips and Vick slammed it again. The two men kept at it, alternating back and forth pounding the creature against the ground until at last, the little red dog was dead.”

Just not that easy to overcome things like this. Definitely a hero.
Post #: 706
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 3/1/2011 2:59:13 PM   
djskillz

Disgusting.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 707
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 3/2/2011 7:33:19 AM   
John Childress

I see now that OJ is locked away some must find another rich Black man to channel their hate.

LMAO

No more acceptance of mediocrity!!!! EVER!
Post #: 708
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 3/2/2011 9:40:14 AM   
djskillz

Ya, because that OJ guy was SOOOOO innocent.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 709
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 3/2/2011 12:54:35 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

I see now that OJ is locked away some must find another rich Black man to channel their hate.

LMAO

Let's lay it out. 

This isn't about hate.
this is about HONORING a guy that was convicted of a felony caused by his own actions. 

Comeback player of the year...
Really?  Sure he had a great season...but it's not like he came back from some horrific knee injury to lead the Iggles to the playoffs.  He cameback from getting himself thrown in jail for two years for running an illegal dog fighting organization.  If he hadn't been the scuzbucket he was, he wouldn't have had to come back at all.

This Muhammed guy is comparing Vick to JESUS CHRIST!  Talk about overkill.

Vick is a football player getting paid millions because he's a gifted athlete.  He is NO HERO.  He's done nothing Heroic. 

Did he rescue orphans from a burning building?
Did he save drowning babies from shark infested waters while fighting off flying ninja monkeys?  No.

He got himself thrown in jail.  and came back to play football again.  HOW DOES THIS MAKE HIM A ****ING HERO?

I'm all for giving the guy a second chance.  And he's made the most of it.  But he is no hero.

He a convicted felon, dog killer, who has, thus far, successfully put that life behind him and went back to playing a game. 

That's no hero to me.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 710
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 3/2/2011 9:58:15 PM   
djskillz

It's like the old great Chris Rock line:

"What, you want a cookie?"

Post #: 711
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 5/24/2011 12:46:42 PM   
Todd M

"I think certainly Plaxico is going to come out with a chip on his shoulder the same way I did, and he'll go out and help this football team to whatever capacity he can," added Vick, who's from the same area of Virginia as Burress and knows his family and friends. "I think the guys would embrace him and bring him in. If that happens, who knows? We talking about 'what ifs' now? It would certainly be a good thing."

I thought Vick came out humbled and shamed by his actions?
Post #: 712
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 5/27/2011 7:30:37 AM   
John Childress

I don't want any football player "humbled" Screw that

I want him strong and confident.

The Vick stuff is real old.

Get a life

Find a new Black guy to hate

Post #: 713
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 5/27/2011 7:45:39 AM   
John Childress

If you really want to see what Vick is doing:

The students sitting in Martin Luther King High's auditorium on Stenton Avenue just before dismissal Thursday afternoon were respectful. But let's stipulate that many were not fully attentive as U.S. Attorney Zane David Memeger offered advice about working hard and overcoming life's obstacles, drawing from his own life experiences.

The room stilled as the next speaker took the microphone, although Michael Vick didn't offer a radically different message from Memeger's.

"I'm here to talk about decision-making," Vick told Martin Luther King's students, later saying: "I think we need to be conscious of what's going on in our community. Be a mentor. Don't be a statistic, please."

Let's also stipulate this was a savvy audience. The group knew the Eagles quarterback had given these kinds of talks for two seasons. When a short Q and A began, the first question to Vick was from a teenage boy: "Are you tired of talking about the dogfighting and prison?"

Vick had to appreciate that one, saying: "In a sense, I'm tired of talking about it." But he wasn't at Martin Luther King to veer off message, calling it "therapeutic" to talk about past misdeeds. He couldn't very well tell this audience, "Hey, if the U.S. Attorney's office calls, I'm picking up the phone. . . . These are the people who put me in Leavenworth!"

Not Memeger himself, but it was the feds who got Vick. And it was the feds who wanted him to help push their message about youth gun violence in Philadelphia in front of the cameras, how there have been 17 shootings in Philadelphia this week - just Monday through Thursday - and 14 of the victims were under 25 years old, 11 under 21. Vick himself used the word astonishing in talking about the numbers flashed in front of the audience.

Vick talked of needing to move away from old hometown friends, but hit home more when he talked football, like how he had to learn patience when he first got to the Eagles and was the third-string quarterback.

"I wanted to get on the field and play. They had me in the Wildcat offense. I looked like an average quarterback. I started to doubt myself."

Then Vick told them about how that first season ended on Jan. 6 and he was back working out on Jan. 10.

Vick's one big applause line came when he told the students how he can better put his football career in perspective "when I get a Super Bowl under my belt."

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20110527_Vick_stays_on_message_about_past_misdeeds.html#ixzz1NYYOHVGp

Post #: 714
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 5/27/2011 9:51:07 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd Mallett

"I think certainly Plaxico is going to come out with a chip on his shoulder the same way I did, and he'll go out and help this football team to whatever capacity he can," added Vick, who's from the same area of Virginia as Burress and knows his family and friends. "I think the guys would embrace him and bring him in. If that happens, who knows? We talking about 'what ifs' now? It would certainly be a good thing."

I thought Vick came out humbled and shamed by his actions?

He was humbled and shamed.
And then he had a chip on his shoulder to prove he could still play.

These things separate and normal.  I'm not shocked at all with this.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 715
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 5/27/2011 9:52:24 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Childress

I don't want any football player "humbled" Screw that

I want him strong and confident.

Get a life

Find a new Black guy to hate

He said nothing about the color of Vick's skin.

Let's not find some phantom racism to lose our minds about.

Todd is a dog lover and Vick abused/killed dogs.  Skin color has nothing to do with his hatred for Vick.

Post #: 716
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 5/27/2011 11:48:49 AM   
Todd M

Thanks, Scott. And what you said about them being seperate makes sense.

quote:

Yet every time I have something to say you pop in here with a stupid retort. If it's old, don't bother with it. Trust me, I won't miss your useless contributions.
Post #: 717
RE: RE:Mike Vick case - 5/28/2011 6:51:51 PM   
thebigo

Mike Vick just can't help himself but do good nowadays.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6601224
Post #: 718
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 27 28 [29]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> General NFL Talk >> RE: RE:Mike Vick case Page: <<   < prev  25 26 27 28 [29]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode