Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: College Football (Future Vikings!)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  145 146 [147] 148 149   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 5:13:03 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

If Wisconsin played in the Pac 12 they'd have 2-3 losses. That style of football wouldn't last against great quarterbacks.

The top 3 teams in the Big 10 are better than anything I've seen in the Pac 12.
You want to watch exciting and productive offense though watch UCF, they just can't play defense.

Just wait till the Easton Stick led Bison go into Oregon next year and knock them off.

I love me some Easton Stick.

Just looked it up.

NDSU goes to Oregon in 2020 so no Stick.

It'll be Trey Lance's team by then ....

The highlights look nice.

Nice size, big arm. Speed.

Hope he(Lance) is the real deal because young QB (Van Dellen)they were grooming just got booted from the team.

Heard that
The whole town here has heard that
Post #: 3651
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 5:13:13 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If Wisconsin played in the Pac 12 they'd have 2-3 losses. That style of football wouldn't last against great quarterbacks.

The top 3 teams in the Big 10 are better than anything I've seen in the Pac 12.
You want to watch exciting and productive offense though watch UCF, they just can't play defense.

Just wait till the Easton Stick led Bison go into Oregon next year and knock them off.

I love me some Easton Stick.

Just looked it up.

NDSU goes to Oregon in 2020 so no Stick.

It'll be Trey Lance's team by then ....

How close are you to Marshall, MN?

In it.
For 57 straight years.

That's pretty close.
Post #: 3652
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 5:22:39 PM   
Brad H

Watching Georgia/Auburn. Just bad football, period. Unwatchable. Off button.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 3653
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 5:30:06 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Great Pac 12 title game last night. It remains the most entertaining conference to watch.

I'm not saying either team last night deserves a top four spot in the final four, but who what would you rather see, Mayfield against Darnold, or Oklahoma playing Auburn, Clemson or Wisconsin? There is no dominant team this year. If ever there should be an 8-team playoff it is this season. ESPN is killing their ratings by elevating the SEC teams this season. Nobody wants to watch "student-body-right" in the year 2017.

Give me the quarterbacks all day long.

Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Wisconsin = snoozefest! I'd take USC against any of them with a bookmaker and take my chances.

Yep. It should be 8 teams.

8 teams but 1st round higher seed gets home game, not neutral field(Bowl Game).

Final 4 as is with alternating Bowl Games.
Post #: 3654
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 9:18:10 PM   
Steve Lentz

NEBRASKA’S GOT SCOTT
Categories: 2017 Football Top Stories

Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports
BY HUSKERMAX ON 12/2/2017
One of the nation’s most successful head coaches the past two seasons and a member of two Husker national championship teams, Scott Frost will return to his alma mater as Nebraska’s Head Football Coach. University of Nebraska Athletic Director Bill Moos will introduce Frost at a Sunday news conference in Lincoln.

Frost comes to Nebraska after two highly successful seasons as the head coach at UCF, where he guided the Golden Knights to a perfect 12-0 season in 2017, and an 18-7 record in two seasons in Orlando. UCF defeated No. 16 Memphis on Saturday in Orlando to capture the American Athletic Conference title, his first as a head coach and his seventh in 11 seasons as a full-time coach.

Moos selected Frost after consulting with UNL Chancellor Ronnie Green and NU President Hank Bounds. Moos said Frost is a rising star in the profession and a natural fit to lead the Nebraska program.

He added that Frost is well-prepared to take over a tradition-rich program like Nebraska in part because of the successful coaches he has learned from during his football career. Notable coaches Frost has either played for or coached with include Tom Osborne, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Jon Gruden, Mike Tomlin and Chip Kelly.

“I am thrilled that Scott is returning to his alma mater to lead the Husker football program,” Moos said. “I truly believe that we have hired the premier young coach in the country and that exciting times lie ahead.”

The 42-year-old Frost was a member of national championship teams at Nebraska in 1995 and 1997 and becomes the fifth former Husker to lead the NU football program, and first since Frank Solich.

Source: NU Athletic Communications | COMPLETE NEBRASKA STATEMENT

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 3655
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/2/2017 9:34:09 PM   
Ian Joseph

Wisconsin is going to lose. The fan base in attendance are dummies. They're being loud when the Badgers are on offense!

Nothing like the ENTIRE stadium roaring when you're at the LOS calling defenses and audibles.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 3656
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/3/2017 9:23:11 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

Wisconsin is going to lose. The fan base in attendance are dummies. They're being loud when the Badgers are on offense!

Nothing like the ENTIRE stadium roaring when you're at the LOS calling defenses and audibles.

They remain the most overrated program in the country........EVERY YEAR!

Post #: 3657
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/3/2017 9:29:02 AM   
Brad H

Interestingly, all five teams with the best quarterbacks won the games on Friday night and Saturday. I had forgotten how inept that kid from Auburn is and took Auburn. Stupid me.

Post #: 3658
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/3/2017 11:53:34 AM   
Brad H

Alabama in. Of course.

Alabama plays one good team all season and loses. Doesn't win its division. They have no business being in the final four.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 7/26/2020 8:10:43 AM >

Post #: 3659
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/3/2017 3:28:16 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

Don't understand how a team can be over rated when they're doing this with 3 star recruits or worse and get zero respect from the committe/polls/media ect..

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3660
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/3/2017 4:30:19 PM   
Justin Sampson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

Don't understand how a team can be over rated when they're doing this with 3 star recruits or worse and get zero respect from the committe/polls/media ect..

Because the Big 10 West is absolutely horrible.

Their biggest wins were over Northwestern & a Michigan team with their 3rd string QB. At home. Miami will blow them away.
Post #: 3661
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/4/2017 7:52:30 AM   
SoMnFan

Sun Devils hire Herm Edwards

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

Will miss him on ESPN.
Post #: 3662
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/4/2017 8:16:35 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

Every season they open in the top 15 (no idea why), play a lousy out-of-conference schedule and build up a big record. Then they finally have to play somebody legit and get beat.

If you want to be ranked in the top five, you have to be able to beat somebody that is good..........unless of course, you are Alabama. They haven't beaten anybody good themselves. That's another argument.

I'm still trying to figure out how Wisconsin is still ranked No. 6. Penn State should be in front of them. USC should be in front of them. I think you could even make a case that Michigan State belongs in front of them.

Will they beat Miami? I think they could, because I have no faith in the Miami quarterback whatsoever. Neither of them strike me as a top 10 program.

It's like the SEC programs. They start the year with five programs ranked in the top-15 in the preseason rankings. In the first 2-3 weeks they play a bunch of Sun Belt programs and all of them are 2-0 or 3-0. With teams losing in front of them in the rankings, they are now all ranked in the top 12. Then they have to play somebody that is good (among themselves) and lose, so it is considered a good loss. In reality, it is the first good team they have played and they lost.

Conversely, someone like USC played Western Michigan, Texas and Notre Dame in non-conference games.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/4/2017 8:58:03 AM >

Post #: 3663
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/4/2017 8:57:55 AM   
Phil Riewer

I do think the Big Ten, SEC, and Pac 12 are all down this year---think Clemson may make it all the way again to the final game. Best combo of Defense and Offense.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3664
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/4/2017 8:59:54 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

I do think the Big Ten, SEC, and Pac 12 are all down this year---think Clemson may make it all the way again to the final game. Best combo of Defense and Offense.

I think there is very little difference between any of the top 10 teams this season. On any given day any of them could beat one-another. Give me the team with the best quarterback in the final four....Oklahoma.

I'd lay even money on either USC or Penn State to beat any of the teams in the final four on a good day.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/4/2017 9:03:22 AM >

Post #: 3665
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/4/2017 9:02:13 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

I think there is very little difference between any of the top 10 teams this season. On any given day any of them could beat one-another. Give me the team with the best quarterback in the final four....Oklahoma.

That would be a good matchup...Oklahoma against Clemson.....I think Clemson is too good on defense and Oklahoma doesn't have enough defense though.

Post #: 3666
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/4/2017 9:03:56 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

That would be a good matchup...Oklahoma against Clemson.....I think Clemson is too good on defense and Oklahoma doesn't have enough defense though.

It wouldn't stun me at all if Alabama beat Clemson, and I think Alabama has zero business being in the final four. Clemson is the softest top-ranked team we've had in a long time at this stage of the season.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/4/2017 9:07:08 AM >

Post #: 3667
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/4/2017 9:07:02 AM   
Lars

quote:

quote:

I'd lay even money on either USC or Penn State to beat any of the teams in the final four on a good day.

Agree 100%.

<this space for rent>
Post #: 3668
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/4/2017 9:10:17 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It wouldn't stun me at all if Alabama beat Clemson, and I think Alabama has zero business being in the final four. Clemson is the softest top-ranked team we've had in a long time at this stage of the season.

I disagree (on the soft team part)---they just beat Miami 31-3 who was ranked #11. That is why you have the playoffs though...anyone can take it down.

Post #: 3669
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/4/2017 9:10:57 AM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Justin Sampson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Their biggest wins were over Northwestern & a Michigan team with their 3rd string QB. At home. Miami will blow them away.

Kills me to defend Wisconsin, but there is no way Miami will blow them out. looks very even to me.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 3670
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/4/2017 9:14:00 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I disagree (on the soft team part)---they just beat Miami 31-3 who was ranked #11. That is why you have the playoffs though...anyone can take it down.

Miami was coming off a huge, disappointing loss to Pittsburgh. You could see a complete meltdown coming. It's 18-22 year-old kids. Clemson is a soft #1. They are not nearly as good as they have been the past couple of seasons with Deshaun Watson. The Bama game is a complete toss-up, IMO.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/4/2017 9:17:19 AM >

Post #: 3671
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/4/2017 9:16:24 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Justin Sampson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Kills me to defend Wisconsin, but there is no way Miami will blow them out. looks very even to me.

I agree. Miami built up their resume on the strength of one big win over Notre Dame. They had a lot of dicey wins this season where they could have gotten beat.

I see Wisconsin doing what they do, running the ball right at them. If Miami couldn't stop Pitt, what makes people think they will stop Wisconsin? The problem with the Badgers is that they don't have the kind of team that can come from behind. I see Wisconsin winning that game.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/4/2017 9:22:24 AM >

Post #: 3672
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/4/2017 12:57:17 PM   
Brad H

Joel Klatt was just on the Colin Cowherd Show talking about the final four. He thinks it's a travesty that Alabama is in.

Klatt said Alabama has only played one game against teams ranked in the final 16, and went 0-1 (sound familiar?). He also said the ACC and SEC both only play eight games against conference schools during the season, whereas the other power 5 conferences play nine (sound familiar?).

Klatt said that, essentially, the committee is telling schools like USC that they play too hard of a schedule. Rather than playing Texas and Notre Dame, they need to schedule Mercer and The Citadel.

He said that Alabama getting in was akin to a sponsorship exemption on the PGA Tour (loved that one).

Post #: 3673
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/4/2017 3:50:57 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Joel Klatt was just on the Colin Cowherd Show talking about the final four. He thinks it's a travesty that Alabama is in.

Klatt said Alabama has only played one game against teams ranked in the final 16, and went 0-1 (sound familiar?). He also said the ACC and SEC both only play eight games against conference schools during the season, whereas the other power 5 conferences play nine (sound familiar?).

Klatt said that, essentially, the committee is telling schools like USC that they play too hard of a schedule. Rather than playing Texas and Notre Dame, they need to schedule Mercer and The Citadel.

He said that Alabama getting in was akin to a sponsorship exemption on the PGA Tour (loved that one).

Who are your 4?

Post #: 3674
RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) - 12/4/2017 4:31:58 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

Who are your 4?

IMO, the programs playing the best football right now are Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia and USC. I think either Ohio State or USC did enough to get in the top four by virtue of winning their conference championship games, and either one deserved being awarded the 4-seed over Alabama.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/4/2017 4:33:02 PM >

Post #: 3675
Page:   <<   < prev  145 146 [147] 148 149   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: College Football (Future Vikings!) Page: <<   < prev  145 146 [147] 148 149   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode