Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NBA Basketball

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: NBA Basketball Page: <<   < prev  526 527 528 [529] 530   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/6/2018 11:28:37 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Reporter: What makes LeBron hard to guard?

Pop: Have you watched LeBron play before? … He’s LeBron James, that’s what makes it difficult to guard him.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/12/lebron-james-gregg-popovich-lakers-spurs-quote-video
Post #: 13201
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/6/2018 12:20:18 PM   
David Levine

Lakers have offered Lonzo Ball in a trade for John Wall

On Dec. 15, teams throughout the NBA will be able to trade their summer free agent acquisitions and the Los Angeles Lakers are expected to be one of the more active teams because, historically speaking, LeBron James led teams always are.

The Lakers have been patient with their young core and it’s worked out for them so far, but there are rumors that they’re looking to pair James with five-time All-Star John Wall and Lonzo Ball could be a casualty of that trade.

Source No. 1, a current NBA agent, surprised me by saying the story was true. The source said it’s something Rich Paul — agent to LeBron James and, as of January 2016, John Wall — was orchestrating. But, according to this source, the Wizards were saying no.

I was still dubious, so I checked with Source No. 2, another current NBA agent who’s at least as dialed in as Source No. 1. Source No. 2 said the rumor is true. This source said Ball and Caldwell-Pope were definitely in the deal, but that there was still discussion whether the third player would be Ingram, Josh Hart, or Kyle Kuzma. While the boundaries of the deal were defined, details still had to be finalized, and the whole thing could still fall apart.

As the article states, Wall is represented by Rich Paul of Klutch Sports, who also represents LeBron James. That alone has been enough to stir up trade rumors in the past.

However, if two different NBA agents are confirming the rumor, there must be some smoke to the fire. For the Lakers’ case, let’s hope it’s just smoke.

Last summer, Wall signed an extension with the Wizards that will pay him a total $207 million through 2023. Starting next season, Wall’s annual salary will start at $38 million. He has a player option worth $47.3 million in 2022.

Wall is a talented player, but that’s a lot of money; money the Lakers will have to save if they want to chase a superstar free agent next summer or pursue a trade for Anthony Davis — another Klutch Sports client — if the opportunity presents itself.

It would also be hard to justify the Lakers giving up on Ball less than 100 games into his NBA career. Ball, for all of his faults, has been a productive player for L.A. and has shown signs of steady improvement this season.

As the Feb. 7 trade deadline approaches, we’ll get a better idea of how much there is to this rumor, but for now it’s just a rumor. For both Ball and the Lakers’ sake, let’s hope it stays just that.
Post #: 13202
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/6/2018 12:20:45 PM   
David Levine

That's...not a good trade for the Lakers.
Post #: 13203
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/6/2018 12:50:32 PM   
Bill Johanesen

I think that's just conjecture. The Wizards are saddled with Wall's crazy contract.
Post #: 13204
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/6/2018 2:09:04 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

That's...not a good trade for the Lakers.

I don't think Lonzo will ever be special. Wall has a HUGE contract, but he is VERY Good.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 13205
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/7/2018 8:40:50 AM   
JT2

Obviously, not having Booker hurts, but Phoenix can look really, really awful.

Last two games they were outscored 70-18 in the 1st quarter.

I think it's time Igor puts Melton in the starting lineup. Okobo is having trouble even getting the ball up court.
Post #: 13206
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/7/2018 8:42:48 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

I think that's just conjecture. The Wizards are saddled with Wall's crazy contract.

I do think something big is going to happen with them though, trade-wise.

Apparently they all hate each other, and it shows.
Post #: 13207
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/7/2018 10:22:44 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

Am I being a Laker homer on this trade?

Beal for Ball & Hart
Post #: 13208
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/7/2018 10:25:19 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Hopefully Magic and Rob "Lowe" Pelinka don't give in to LBJ and sign Carmelo.

Let Kuzma and Ingram keep developing and hopefully work Wagner in a little bit.
Post #: 13209
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/7/2018 10:25:47 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

They are the team most talked about as far as deconstruction. Beal isn't shooting as well this season but its relatively early. Porter IMO is overpriced. He's one of those guys you either sign or lose for no return. Oubre is wildly inconsistent but because he is young he defaults to having 'potential'. The rest of them are just guys.

Grunfeld is terrible.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 12/7/2018 10:29:36 AM >
Post #: 13210
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/7/2018 10:36:30 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Fun Fact: Draymond Green has had $651K docked in fines and suspensions over his career.

More fun: Rondo is at $982K.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 12/7/2018 10:37:36 AM >
Post #: 13211
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/7/2018 10:41:42 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Beal for Ball & Hart

Probably. Beal is their most valuable trade chip.

But I don't get why the Lakers would trade their young and (reasonably) cheap talent for anyone during the season.

Kawhi, Durant, Klay, Kemba, Middleton and Butler are all unrestricted free agents. And none of them would cost players in a trade.

The only reasons I could see making a trade would be 1) If they don't think they could sign a top Free Agent in the offseason, or 2) Misguided pressure to "go for it" this season.
Post #: 13212
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/7/2018 10:48:00 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Beal for Ball & Hart

But I don't get why the Lakers would trade their young and (reasonably) cheap talent for anyone during the season.

Kawhi, Durant, Klay, Kemba, Middleton and Butler are all unrestricted free agents. And none of them would cost players in a trade.

The only reasons I could see making a trade would be 1) If they don't think they could sign a top Free Agent in the offseason, or 2) Misguided pressure to "go for it" this season.

Agree.

Not sure if LBJ agrees. All those consecutive trips to the Finals will make a person want everything now, not what is best for team in long run.
Post #: 13213
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/7/2018 11:56:00 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Beal for Ball & Hart

Agree.

Not sure if LBJ agrees. All those consecutive trips to the Finals will make a person want everything now, not what is best for team in long run.

He might not agree, but no way do LeBron and Wall knock off the Warriors.
Post #: 13214
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/7/2018 9:45:43 PM   
David Levine

Breaking: Milwaukee is finalizing a deal to send guard Matthew Dellavedova to Cleveland, league sources tell @wojespn.

The Bucks are sending Dellavedova, John Henson and a first-round and future second-round pick to the Cavs for George Hill, Wojnarowski reports. pic.twitter.com/cKQyXdPSDL

— NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) December 7,
Post #: 13215
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/7/2018 10:19:32 PM   
JT2

quote:

Breaking: Milwaukee is finalizing a deal to send guard Matthew Dellavedova to Cleveland, league sources tell @wojespn.

The Bucks are sending Dellavedova, John Henson and a first-round and future second-round pick to the Cavs for George Hill, Wojnarowski reports. pic.twitter.com/cKQyXdPSDL

I don't know this part of the game like you do, but isn't that a big price to pay for Hill?
Post #: 13216
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/7/2018 11:50:45 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

Beal for Ball & Hart

Does that mean you have given up on that dream of Hart being an All-Star?

I love Hart. I know what he is, and what he can be. Nice bench player. Wright has flooded the league with Guards. Most of them are good, not great.

Beal on the Lakers would be better than Wall on the Lakers, IMO.
Post #: 13217
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/8/2018 11:09:56 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

I don't know this part of the game like you do, but isn't that a big price to pay for Hill?

Hill is expiring, so I think it’s more about clearing Delly’s Contract so they can resign Middleton and Brogden next year.

< Message edited by David Levine -- 12/8/2018 11:24:37 AM >
Post #: 13218
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/8/2018 11:57:05 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Hopefully Magic and Rob "Lowe" Pelinka don't give in to LBJ and sign Carmelo.

Let Kuzma and Ingram keep developing and hopefully work Wagner in a little bit.

Agreed, Carmelo is done.
Post #: 13219
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/8/2018 12:01:57 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Beal for Ball & Hart

I love Hart. I know what he is, and what he can be. Nice bench player. Wright has flooded the league with Guards. Most of them are good, not great.

The Lakers need shooters, Beal works but you'd be giving up assets and taking on his $25-30 million annual salary. Pass. No way should they take Wall's contract.
Post #: 13220
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/9/2018 6:19:06 PM   
wrh

Embid and Butler try to make nice in Phily. Embid says all the right things, Butler well???

I know he wants to win. It's frustrating, he wanted to play but coach didn't let him play. We need him longterm. He needed rest, he's been doing a lot on both ends of the floor for this team. So as our best player I can understand being frustrated. He's a hell of a player, and we'll figure out ways to make sure he's always successful.

As long as everyone on the team sees Butler as the best player, then they can get along I guess. I am SO glad he is gone.
Post #: 13221
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/9/2018 10:29:26 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Beal for Ball & Hart

Dream is still alive. AC Green once made an All Star Game.
Post #: 13222
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/11/2018 9:44:11 AM   
Mark Anderson

I would like to thank Spoelstra for a win last night.

Allowing Wade to try to win game instead of better players gave Lakers the victory.
Post #: 13223
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/15/2018 4:55:04 AM   
David Levine

Amazing ineptitude. Shocked we weren’t involved...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25536887/washington-wizards-phoenix-suns-talks-trevor-ariza-trade
Post #: 13224
RE: NBA Basketball - 12/15/2018 9:53:13 AM   
JT2

Another exciting game in Sacramento last night. Tough loss for the Kings. Came back from 16 down in the first half, then blew a 10 point lead with 3:00 left.

They did lose Bagley early, then Shumpert later. Fox put them on his back but ran out of steam. He really is becoming so good. The Warriors were so concerned about him that they put Green on him down the stretch.
Reminds me of Westbrook a little the way he relentlessly attacks the rim. Not quite the finisher as Westbrook (who is?) but a little more under control.

They are not too far away from becoming a very good team.

< Message edited by JT2 -- 12/15/2018 10:16:39 AM >
Post #: 13225
Page:   <<   < prev  526 527 528 [529] 530   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: NBA Basketball Page: <<   < prev  526 527 528 [529] 530   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode