Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NBA Basketball

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: JT2, David Levine
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: NBA Basketball Page: <<   < prev  538 539 [540] 541 542   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/25/2019 4:51:07 PM   
David Levine

Celtics are a mess.

Tatum has taken a step back, Brown has taken a huge step back. Hayward still doesn't look right. They're 10-2 when Irving doesn't play.

Defense is smoking bad teams, but really struggling against Top 10 offenses. And there doesn't seem to be enough balls to go around on offense.

They've fallen behind the Oladipo-less Pacers...
Post #: 13476
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/25/2019 10:14:30 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

33 and 15 for Jonas Valanciunas as the Grizz beat the Rockets.

He's been reborn since the trade. Even before tonight he was averaging 18 and 8 in only 25 minutes.

Also somehow is still only 26 years old...

23/24 tonight. Give that man minutes.

He destroyed Steven Adams tonight as the Grizz knock off the Thunder.
Post #: 13477
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/25/2019 10:20:31 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

Celtics are a mess.

Tatum has taken a step back, Brown has taken a huge step back. Hayward still doesn't look right. They're 10-2 when Irving doesn't play.

Defense is smoking bad teams, but really struggling against Top 10 offenses. And there doesn't seem to be enough balls to go around on offense.

Irving will soon be gone. Ainge still has a lot of valuable picks to use to figure this mess out.

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 13478
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/26/2019 6:56:03 AM   
JT2

Horrible injury for Nurkic last night. That's too bad. He was having a great season.
Post #: 13479
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/26/2019 7:34:00 AM   
JT2

quote:

Celtics are a mess.

Brown is hard to figure. He exceeded expectations last season. This season he has looked awful more times than not.
Post #: 13480
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/26/2019 10:36:50 AM   
David Levine

quote:

Horrible injury for Nurkic last night. That's too bad. He was having a great season.

Horrific. Hope he can comeback 100% from this. Leg injuries to guys his size are always scary.
Post #: 13481
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/26/2019 10:38:01 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

Celtics are a mess.

Brown is hard to figure. He exceeded expectations last season. This season he has looked awful more times than not.

Its weird. He was almost unplayable as a rookie, looked like he was on the cusp of superstardom last year and now he's really regressed.

He's a super smart and insightful kid. I wonder if he tends to get too deep into his own head?
Post #: 13482
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/27/2019 1:00:05 PM   
David Levine

Tom Haberstroh@tomhaberstroh
Since returning from the groin injury Jan 31, LeBron is averaging 27.5 points, 10.1 assists, 9.0 rebounds. The Lakers are +7 with him on the floor and -158 when he hits the bench
Post #: 13483
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/27/2019 1:53:36 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Since returning from the groin injury Jan 31, LeBron is averaging 27.5 points, 10.1 assists, 9.0 rebounds. The Lakers are +7 with him on the floor and -158 when he hits the bench

I'm not great with numbers ... but it appears they are slightly better WITH him, right?
Post #: 13484
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/27/2019 3:02:16 PM   
drew

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

I'm not great with numbers ... but it appears they are slightly better WITH him, right?

I'm not very smart, but I'd have to agree with your statement!
Post #: 13485
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/27/2019 3:41:43 PM   
Steve Lentz

LeBron is GREAT, but their record is terrible and he still has more help than Towns does.
Both team tanking.

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 13486
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/27/2019 4:06:24 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

LeBron is GREAT, but their record is terrible and he still has more help than Towns does.
Both team tanking.

They're horrible without LeBron.

27-27 with him.
6-14 without.

They're decent defensively, but they're among the worst offenses in the game - with even less outside shooting that us.

They rival us in being horrifically run. Magic is (as in all basketball related things post playing career) so far in over his head, he has no idea what way is up.

They were gifted LeBron because his wife wanted to live full-time in LA and he wanted to be close to his media empire.
Post #: 13487
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/27/2019 4:28:56 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

Both team tanking.

27-27 with him.
6-14 without.

They're decent defensively, but they're among the worst offenses in the game - with even less outside shooting that us.

They rival us in being horrifically run. Magic is (as in all basketball related things post playing career) so far in over his head, he has no idea what way is up.

They were gifted LeBron because his wife wanted to live full-time in LA and he wanted to be close to his media empire.

He also seems to have an abiding love for iconic franchises that I hate: Yankees, Cowboys, Lakers.......
Post #: 13488
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/29/2019 8:35:01 AM   
SoMnFan

Great ceremony for Ginobili in SA last night.
One hell of a career.
Post #: 13489
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/29/2019 10:18:26 AM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

One hell of a career.

Duncan was pretty funny.

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 13490
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/29/2019 10:22:22 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

One hell of a career.

Duncan was pretty funny.

He is something else
I think I saw him kick boxing the other day. That's a scary thought.
Post #: 13491
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/29/2019 8:16:53 PM   
JT2

quote:

One hell of a career.

That was fantastic.

One of my favorite players ever. Also, I think a little underrated.

The Popovich/Ginobili relationship is fascinating. He certainly didn't look like a Popovich kind of player. A little reckless, did things his way, but possessed great basketball instincts. Turned out to be a perfect match.

The way Ginobili played and understood the game, reminded me of a young Maravich.

Love it or hate it, I think he was responsible for bringing the Euro-step(?) to the NBA.

Gold Medal, Multiple NBA Championships, Euro League Championship. Played his entire NBA career for one team.

Winner.

< Message edited by JT2 -- 3/29/2019 8:18:11 PM >
Post #: 13492
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/29/2019 8:21:19 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

One hell of a career.

That was fantastic.

The Popovich/Ginobili relationship is fascinating. He certainly didn't look like a Popovich kind of player. A little reckless, did things his way, but possessed great basketball instincts. Turned out to be a perfect match.

The way Ginobili played and understood the game, reminded me of a young Maravich.

Love it or hate it, I think he was responsible for bringing the Euro-step(?) to the NBA.

Gold Medal, Multiple NBA Championships, Euro League Championship. Played his entire NBA career for one team.

Winner.

Probably the most underrated aspect of Pop has been his ability to modify what he wants to do to fit his players. How many times has the guy completely changed his offense based on his roster?
Post #: 13493
RE: NBA Basketball - 3/29/2019 8:31:05 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

One hell of a career.

That was fantastic.

Winner.

Probably the most underrated aspect of Pop has been his ability to modify what he wants to do to fit his players. How many times has the guy completely changed his offense based on his roster?

Absolutely. He's without equal when it comes to understanding, recognizing and adapting to his personnel.

Best coach of basketball ever, including Wooden.
Post #: 13494
RE: NBA Basketball - 4/1/2019 6:41:26 PM   
kurt bilben

Big game tonight boys!!!! 🙁

I saw you guys were pretty well handling the Warriors the other night till their customary late barrage?

We actually need this one pretty bad, however our ceiling has come down quite a bit losing another Blazer center... 😡

I’ll be interested watching Towns/ Kanter. I’m pretty sure Towns will have a huge game with Kanter’s defensive limitations.

Enjoy
Post #: 13495
RE: NBA Basketball - 4/2/2019 5:19:11 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Both team tanking.

Well, the Wolves have a better tank commander.
Post #: 13496
RE: NBA Basketball - 4/2/2019 5:22:01 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Both team tanking.

27-27 with him.
6-14 without.

Yeah Magic needs to go.

I was telling this guy that the GM was Kobe Bryant's agent and he/we started cracking.
Post #: 13497
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/2/2019 7:26:18 PM   
Bill Johanesen

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26333024/when-lebron-learned-power-saying-no
Post #: 13498
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/3/2019 11:01:16 AM   
David Levine

The Rockets have the 2nd best defense in the NBA since the ASB.

Its absolutely amazing how Morey completely rebuilt his bench on the fly during the season.

I love how proactive Morey and D'Antoni are. If they make a mistake, they just fix it ASAP.
Post #: 13499
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/3/2019 11:09:56 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

The Rockets have the 2nd best defense in the NBA since the ASB.

Its absolutely amazing how Morey completely rebuilt his bench on the fly during the season.

I love how proactive Morey and D'Antoni are. If they make a mistake, they just fix it ASAP.

On the other side of the coin … WTF happened to OKC?
They've been putrid.
Shortly after everyone crowned them Kings.
Post #: 13500
Page:   <<   < prev  538 539 [540] 541 542   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: NBA Basketball Page: <<   < prev  538 539 [540] 541 542   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode