Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NBA Talk 2012

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: NBA Talk 2012 Page: <<   < prev  540 541 542 [543] 544   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/13/2019 9:38:24 PM   
JT2

Horrendous officiating. Preemptive Technicals?
Post #: 13551
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/13/2019 9:48:46 PM   
bohumm

Clippers weren't winning this game with Curry's game tonight, so good to get the nerves out for the young guys. Shamet made some nice plays in the second have and Shai keeps asserting himself. Now Gallo has to start getting off. This is a tough matchup for him because they can run a bunch of guys at him (Durant, Green, Iggy) who can neutralize the advantages that he usually has as a skilled big. I don't think they can win a game in this series if he isn't excellent, or they don't get a huge night from an unexpected source like Shamet or Shai.
Post #: 13552
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/13/2019 10:38:03 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

Clippers weren't winning this game with Curry's game tonight, so good to get the nerves out for the young guys. Shamet made some nice plays in the second have and Shai keeps asserting himself. Now Gallo has to start getting off. This is a tough matchup for him because they can run a bunch of guys at him (Durant, Green, Iggy) who can neutralize the advantages that he usually has as a skilled big. I don't think they can win a game in this series if he isn't excellent, or they don't get a huge night from an unexpected source like Shamet or Shai.

On paper, they have little chance in this series, but Rivers has been a mastermind the last two seasons. I think they'll compete every game.

I do agree with you on Gallinari. They need to get him more catch and shoot opportunities, and I don't mind ISO's on the baseline for him. I don't like his ball handling ability in traffic, especially against this team.

Who am I to question Rivers, but isn't it time to roll Harrell out with the starters? He's a match-up nightmare for Cousins and Green. Use his energy from the start. Set the tone. Build a lead. Make them play hard, physical defense.

Zubac is a waste of time. He's big and wide, sometimes rebounds fall into his hands. Speaking of hands, does he ever keep them up? He has almost zero basketball instincts. He relies exclusively on size. Boban was better, and I'm not a fan.
Post #: 13553
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/13/2019 10:52:44 PM   
JT2

I don't get too wrapped up in awards, but The Sixth Man of the Year Award is especially puzzling to me.
Andre Iguodala, all aspects of the game considered, has been the best Sixth man in the league the last five years.

< Message edited by JT2 -- 4/13/2019 11:02:27 PM >
Post #: 13554
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/13/2019 11:48:42 PM   
Matt Lang

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Jimmy Butler must be loving his new teammates right about now.

Had the Playoff game of his life and still spent most of the game down by double-digits.

How long until he calls them sawft?
Post #: 13555
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/13/2019 11:52:15 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

On paper, they have little chance in this series, but Rivers has been a mastermind the last two seasons. I think they'll compete every game.

I do agree with you on Gallinari. They need to get him more catch and shoot opportunities, and I don't mind ISO's on the baseline for him. I don't like his ball handling ability in traffic, especially against this team.

Who am I to question Rivers, but isn't it time to roll Harrell out with the starters? He's a match-up nightmare for Cousins and Green. Use his energy from the start. Set the tone. Build a lead. Make them play hard, physical defense.

Zubac is a waste of time. He's big and wide, sometimes rebounds fall into his hands. Speaking of hands, does he ever keep them up? He has almost zero basketball instincts. He relies exclusively on size. Boban was better, and I'm not a fan.

My theory on that is that Doc wants him in the pick and roll with Lou to get him going, and Lou doesn't like to start. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future, since he and Gallo both have one year left on their contracts and Harrell is part of a long-term plan and Gallo is a question mark. I love Gallo, but he might be the perfect sell-high prospect this summer. He's healthier than he's been in years and he showed his value.
Post #: 13556
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/13/2019 11:53:36 PM   
bohumm

quote:

I don't get too wrapped up in awards, but The Sixth Man of the Year Award is especially puzzling to me.
Andre Iguodala, all aspects of the game considered, has been the best Sixth man in the league the last five years.

It's a weird award. Lou is effectively a starter with the way he's used and the roll he has. It's like a nickle corner.....
Post #: 13557
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/13/2019 11:55:32 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matt Lang

quote:

Had the Playoff game of his life and still spent most of the game down by double-digits.

I really don't think that's the case there. Early on he flexed, but I think Brown got through to him, and he seems to understand he's just a part of a team.
Post #: 13558
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/14/2019 12:19:03 AM   
JT2

Golden State the only team to hold their home court advantage today.

Jokic is often times too unselfish, IMO. He had another triple-double, but he only took 9 shots, and only 2 FT attempts. They need him to score. White outplayed Murray. Torrey Craig (who I really like) was the only Denver player to make more than one three pointer.

Jokic and Millsap need more than 9 FGA's for that team to succeed.

On the other hand, they played the Spurs. Popovich is still the boss of Malone.

Pretty interesting day one of the playoffs.
Post #: 13559
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/14/2019 12:21:06 AM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

It's a weird award. Lou is effectively a starter with the way he's used and the roll he has. It's like a nickle corner.....

I can't see Lou playing the nickle, but I bet he would be a great slot WR.
Post #: 13560
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/14/2019 12:24:20 AM   
Matt Lang

Never count out the Spurs
Post #: 13561
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/14/2019 12:25:42 AM   
Matt Lang

quote:

quote:

quote:

I really don't think that's the case there. Early on he flexed, but I think Brown got through to him, and he seems to understand he's just a part of a team.

Yeah for now, but what if they lose the series?
Post #: 13562
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/14/2019 12:28:17 AM   
David Levine

386 Playoff 3s for Curry to break Ray Allen's record of 385.

Ray did it in 171 games.

Steph did it in 91...
Post #: 13563
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/14/2019 12:31:04 AM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah for now, but what if they lose the series?

Come on, he's been on bad teams. I'm trying to remember the last time he was on a good team.

I absolutely think he acted like a fool here, but more of the blame should be on coach and management for allowing it to happen.
Post #: 13564
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/14/2019 12:43:20 AM   
JT2

quote:

Ray did it in 171 games.

Steph did it in 91...

He's an amazing basketball player, in addition to his long range marksmanship. He really has improved at everything.

I think he has changed the game at all levels. Young kids realizing shooting is important, handles and crossovers without the finish are useless. Work on your shot. The young people have always been wowed by the athleticism of NBA players. I can't think of another player that plays below the rim that has impacted the game for the next generations like Curry has.

It's also pretty cool that you don't hear anything negative about him outside the court.
Post #: 13565
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/14/2019 9:24:09 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

Ray did it in 171 games.

Steph did it in 91...

He's an amazing basketball player, in addition to his long range marksmanship. He really has improved at everything.

I think he has changed the game at all levels. Young kids realizing shooting is important, handles and crossovers without the finish are useless. Work on your shot. The young people have always been wowed by the athleticism of NBA players. I can't think of another player that plays below the rim that has impacted the game for the next generations like Curry has.

It's also pretty cool that you don't hear anything negative about him outside the court.

I think Curry has had even a bigger impact on Basketball in general perhaps since Lew Alcindor inspired the no dunking rule in College basketball.

If most of us who played basketball at almost ANY level of Basketball would’ve come out and thrown up a constant barrage of 23-30 foot jump shots our old school coaches would’ve banished us to the deep bench.

Amazing how he’s brought the deep shot into the main stream.
Post #: 13566
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/14/2019 7:40:19 PM   
David Levine

Brook Lopez was such a great pickup for the Bucks.

He provides so much gravity on offense (Six 3PAs at 37%), he blocks shots and provides valuable size next to Giannis.

He still doesn't rebound, but he boxes out - and they're still the best rebounding team in the league.
Post #: 13567
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/14/2019 7:44:52 PM   
David Levine

Bucks in 3?
Post #: 13568
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/15/2019 8:15:51 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

Ray did it in 171 games.

Steph did it in 91...

I think Curry has had even a bigger impact on Basketball in general perhaps since Lew Alcindor inspired the no dunking rule in College basketball.

If most of us who played basketball at almost ANY level of Basketball would’ve come out and thrown up a constant barrage of 23-30 foot jump shots our old school coaches would’ve banished us to the deep bench.

Amazing how he’s brought the deep shot into the main stream.

Awesome posts
That's what I've always felt about him, too
CHANGED the game
Can only say that about a couple players
Post #: 13569
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/15/2019 10:14:58 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Ray did it in 171 games.

Steph did it in 91...

Thank you. I see it high school all the time. A guy 'breaks somebody's ankles' and then bricks the shot or dribbles it off his foot going to the basket. All the high school kids in the stands ooh and aah. I'm like "He didn't score, who cares".
Post #: 13570
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/15/2019 10:26:17 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Ray did it in 171 games.

Steph did it in 91...

Thank you. I see it high school all the time. A guy 'breaks somebody's ankles' and then bricks the shot or dribbles it off his foot going to the basket. All the high school kids in the stands ooh and aah. I'm like "He didn't score, who cares".

My favorite is the guy who passes up the open 10 footer, bust out his crossover and ends up taking a slightly more open 14 footer...
Post #: 13571
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/16/2019 9:39:42 AM   
kurt bilben

Holy crap what a game the Clippers just played.

I’m quite sure it is probably just a speed bump for the Warriors, but what a fantastic job by Doc Rivers and his guys.

Lou Williams just balled out...
Post #: 13572
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/16/2019 10:29:27 AM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

I’m quite sure it is probably just a speed bump for the Warriors, but what a fantastic job by Doc Rivers and his guys.

Williams is simply unstoppable at times. How about the night Harrell had? Didn't miss a shot and a big rebounding night as well.

< Message edited by Steve Lentz -- 4/16/2019 10:30:51 AM >

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 13573
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/16/2019 10:43:57 AM   
David Levine

quote:

Loved it.

I really hope the Warriors lose this year. They’ve acted like a bunch of babies for the last half of the year. Their performance at the Target Center was embarrassing.
Post #: 13574
RE: NBA Talk 2012 - 4/16/2019 10:27:54 PM   
David Levine

Crazy end to the Spurs/Nuggs game.

Jamal Murray scores a total of 20 points on 25% shooting through the first 7 quarters of the series - including 0/8 through 3 tonight. Then somehow goes 8/8 for 21 points in the 4th quarter.
Post #: 13575
Page:   <<   < prev  540 541 542 [543] 544   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: NBA Talk 2012 Page: <<   < prev  540 541 542 [543] 544   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode