Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter Page: <<   < prev  532 533 [534] 535 536   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/4/2018 9:21:26 PM   
Mr. Ed

A Russian official accused of directing the foreign operations of Natalia Veselnitskaya, the lawyer who met senior Trump campaign officials in 2016, has plummeted to his death in a helicopter crash.

Riiiiiggghhht

Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.

Mother Teresa
Post #: 13326
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/4/2018 9:47:00 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

A Russian official accused of directing the foreign operations of Natalia Veselnitskaya, the lawyer who met senior Trump campaign officials in 2016, has plummeted to his death in a helicopter crash.

Riiiiiggghhht

Could be an epidemic coming up.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 13327
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/5/2018 7:53:20 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

I'll be curious to see how the golf/Ryder Cup lawsuit turns out.

You're in the gallery at a golf tournament. Whoda thought you could get hit, let alone lose an eye?

This person would probably sue the NHL for getting hit by a puck being above the glass, or get hit by a baseball just past the nets.

Thanks
Thought I was crazy here
One of those people who stand there staring a guy about to whack a missile at a couple hundred miles an hour that is supposed to whizz by you
Might not tho
but the point is ... you're CHOOSING to stand there, in the line of fire.
I've NEVER understood how many more don't DIE from this.
It's moronic. And then you top it off, by being pissed and angry and ready to sue afterwards.
like you say, same as a baseball game or hockey game. Might happen, especially if you're not ready to protect yourself.
THIS is why shit doesn't work in this country
Kids want to gather at the rink to play some boot hockey, but can't, because we have to sign waivers in case little Johnny cuts his chin
get off my lawn. fer chrissakes.
Post #: 13328
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/6/2018 10:17:33 PM   
bstinger

Any travel tips for Phoenix?

I'll be heading out in about a week for a conference. Will be staying downtown and attending event at convention center for a few days then wife, daughter, and dad are flying out to meet me for a few. We have 1 day open. 1 will be a guided tour of grand canyon, 1 day with a hot air balloon ride in the morning and a horseback ride in the evening. Rented a house with a pool for the time with the family in the north Glendale area. Weather looking good. Mid 80's and Sunny! I bet it will feel hot after our recent weather.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 13329
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/9/2018 2:31:30 PM   
twinsfan

Anyone heard anything from Kerry lately? He last posted on 10/1 and his last login was 10/4. I don't think he's going to Germany until December. Hopefully he's doing some fun stuff on his bucket list (not visiting us).

-------------------
Post #: 13330
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/10/2018 9:25:03 AM   
twinsfan

SMF has been denied entry into the West Central MN Baseball Hall of Fame because the towns where he has impacted baseball are outside the 45-mile radius of the HOF's location. What a bummer.

-------------------
Post #: 13331
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/10/2018 9:26:41 AM   
SoMnFan

Dang
Still awaiting word on my nomination of you, however .....
I laid it on pretty thick, just sayin
Post #: 13332
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/10/2018 9:27:27 AM   
SoMnFan

That 500 footer you hit in Willmar into the wind that night ... they're still looking for confirmation on that one.
Post #: 13333
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/10/2018 9:30:23 AM   
twinsfan

I didn't even play HS baseball.

-------------------
Post #: 13334
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/10/2018 9:36:39 AM   
SoMnFan

Probably why they're having a hard time believing my account of it.
Post #: 13335
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/11/2018 9:09:01 AM   
Trekgeekscott

Kids, I have four and I came to the hard realization recently that my oldest is 18 now. So the other day it occurred to me...HE CAN VOTE.

So I communicated with him via text as talking on the phone was not an option apparently. I wanted to encourage him to vote as many young people just don't. He already confirmed that he is registered and was waiting for confirmation of where he can. I took the time to find his polling place for him. I was so proud that I've raised a civically minded young man that is intent on doing what I consider a civic duty.

I did NOT tell him who I think he should vote for. I want him to decide for himself. I did, however, recommend that he research the candidates and not let anyone else, including me or his Mom, to dictate who he is voting for. Think for himself, make his own decision. We can debate the politics later.

It's a real epiphany when you realize your child is now officially an adult and wants to be an active and participating member of society.

< Message edited by Trekgeekscott -- 10/11/2018 9:10:01 AM >

All of us are entitled to our own opinion. None of us are entitled to our own facts. - Alan Page
Post #: 13336
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/11/2018 9:35:07 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

Kids, I have four and I came to the hard realization recently that my oldest is 18 now. So the other day it occurred to me...HE CAN VOTE.

So I communicated with him via text as talking on the phone was not an option apparently. I wanted to encourage him to vote as many young people just don't. He already confirmed that he is registered and was waiting for confirmation of where he can. I took the time to find his polling place for him. I was so proud that I've raised a civically minded young man that is intent on doing what I consider a civic duty.

I did NOT tell him who I think he should vote for. I want him to decide for himself. I did, however, recommend that he research the candidates and not let anyone else, including me or his Mom, to dictate who he is voting for. Think for himself, make his own decision. We can debate the politics later.

It's a real epiphany when you realize your child is now officially an adult and wants to be an active and participating member of society.

Well I just hope he votes like you.

-------------------
Post #: 13337
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/11/2018 9:38:26 AM   
sixthwi

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Anyone heard anything from Kerry lately? He last posted on 10/1 and his last login was 10/4. I don't think he's going to Germany until December. Hopefully he's doing some fun stuff on his bucket list (not visiting us).

I'm here. We went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Saturday and on the way home stopped at the Henry Ford Museum on Sunday.

The generation who would change the world is still looking for its car keys.
Post #: 13338
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/11/2018 10:33:51 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: sixthwi

quote:

I'm here. We went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Saturday and on the way home stopped at the Henry Ford Museum on Sunday.

Cool.

But are those things really better than an Outlaws concert?

-------------------
Post #: 13339
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/11/2018 10:35:46 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

Well I just hope he votes like you.

I can't say I haven't influenced his view of the world as he was growing up. but I can make no guarantees.

All of us are entitled to our own opinion. None of us are entitled to our own facts. - Alan Page
Post #: 13340
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/11/2018 10:39:02 AM   
SoMnFan

I've got a couple close sets of friends who are absolutely losing their MINDS that their loving children are actively involved in the exact opposite political philosophies the parents have tried to ingrain into them.
Loving it.
It's the only real joy I've gotten out of political discussions lately.
Post #: 13341
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/11/2018 10:44:15 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

I've got a couple close sets of friends who are absolutely losing their MINDS that their loving children are actively involved in the exact opposite political philosophies the parents have tried to ingrain into them.
Loving it.
It's the only real joy I've gotten out of political discussions lately.

Like my father before me, I just want my kids to use their heads. Think for themselves. Don't let others tell them what to think.

Independent thinkers are important. And they can't be independent if they think exactly like me on everything. They have to form their own opinions. And those can change over time.

When I was 18 I was homophobic, hated politics and was tolerant of the Yankees.

Things have changed over the years.

Post #: 13342
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/11/2018 4:04:23 PM   
sixthwi

quote:

quote:

quote:

Cool.

No, but unfortunately I will be taking radicava injections at that time.

Post #: 13343
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/11/2018 4:24:49 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Cool.

I liked both of those museums. What did you think? First time?

-------------------
Post #: 13344
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/11/2018 8:32:12 PM   
Mr. Ed

Rae Carruth is getting released from prison.
Wants to have custody of the kid in the womb he tried to kill.

Wrong on so many levels.

Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.

Mother Teresa
Post #: 13345
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/11/2018 9:19:08 PM   
sixthwi

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Cool.

I liked both of those museums. What did you think? First time?

First time at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Loved it although I don't think some of the choices of who is in and who is not is the best. Third time at the Henry Ford.

Post #: 13346
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/12/2018 8:15:35 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

Wrong on so many levels.

Seriously? That sounds like a really bad movie that not even a second class studio would green light.

Those who observe tyranny in silence are complicit.
Post #: 13347
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/12/2018 8:35:21 AM   
JT2

quote:

Wrong on so many levels.

Perfect example of how our criminal justice system works.

18 years for killing your pregnant girlfriend. Meanwhile, we actually have people serving life sentences for marijuana related crimes.
Post #: 13348
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/12/2018 11:41:45 AM   
twinsfan

Lou Nanne used to appear on Mackey & Judd during hockey season. But now they have moved it to Podcast only, and it's really fun to listen to. Check it out here:

http://www.1500espn.com/mackey-judd-ondemand/

I can't find the Nanne podcast center on the 1500 website yet, but I'm sure it's coming. I'll be checking it out each and every week! You should too!

-------------------
Post #: 13349
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 10/12/2018 12:34:54 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Lou Nanne used to appear on Mackey & Judd during hockey season. But now they have moved it to Podcast only, and it's really fun to listen to. Check it out here:

http://www.1500espn.com/mackey-judd-ondemand/

I can't find the Nanne podcast center on the 1500 website yet, but I'm sure it's coming. I'll be checking it out each and every week! You should too!

Naane frequently shows up on Dan Barreiro on KFAN.

Post #: 13350
Page:   <<   < prev  532 533 [534] 535 536   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter Page: <<   < prev  532 533 [534] 535 536   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode