Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic:
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter Page: <<   < prev  546 547 [548] 549 550   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/24/2018 10:02:58 PM   
bstinger

Merry Christmas Ed, and all!

Spent the evening at my Dad's. First Christmas without mom and he got emotional several times. Still, it was nice that my brother and his wife who've been at odds with my parents more than a few times arranged the get-together an provided and cooked the steaks. I got probably the only hug ever from my nephew who is 18, which just about floored me. I always wanted to be a good uncle, but that wasn't in the cards. People can be so difficult.

I can't imagine being separated from your kids like you are. Bless you Ed.

Enjoy every moment you get to spend with those you hold dear, don't take one moment for granted.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 13676
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/25/2018 2:12:01 PM   
twinsfan

Merry Christmas Ed and Brian!

Didn't like the verse.
Didn't like the chorus.
Didn't like the song.
But now I do.
Post #: 13677
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/25/2018 8:18:16 PM   
bstinger

Thanks Matt. Wife and Daughter bought me a Blyleven bobble-head for Christmas.

--twinsfan
Post #: 13678
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/26/2018 10:44:00 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

I was just saying I need an Oliva and a Carew. I should add Bert to my wishlist too.

Didn't like the verse.
Didn't like the chorus.
Didn't like the song.
But now I do.
Post #: 13679
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/27/2018 8:29:49 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

I was just saying I need an Oliva and a Carew. I should add Bert to my wishlist too.

I was hoping for Killebrew or Carew. Blyleven was a bit of a disappointment but I didn't complain.

--twinsfan
Post #: 13680
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/27/2018 8:46:30 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

I was hoping for Killebrew or Carew. Blyleven was a bit of a disappointment but I didn't complain.

Didn't like the verse.
Didn't like the chorus.
Didn't like the song.
But now I do.
Post #: 13681
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/27/2018 9:10:39 AM   
Mr. Ed

New York Giants fans are fighting for their right to curse out their team.
Two Giants fans are alleging in a federal complaint filed in San Jose, Calif., last week that their free speech rights were violated when police officers at Levi’s Stadium arrested them for cursing and flipping off players, according to the Mercury News.

According to the lawsuit, the incident occurred Nov. 12, 2017, in a game between the Giants and the San Francisco 49ers in Santa Clara. Brothers Kyle and Patrick Flynn started to give the middle finger to Giants players and shouted “you f-----g suck” at them, according to the newspaper.

Nicholas Cusimano, a Santa Clara police officer, reportedly told them to stop, but didn’t issue a warning that if their behavior continued they would be ejected or arrested, according to the lawsuit. After another 49ers score, the brothers continued to shout and the officer called for the fans to be ejected from the stadium.

Kyle Flynn remained in his seat because he thought he did nothing wrong, but was allegedly choked by officers and placed in a total body restraint. Patrick Flynn, who was protesting his brother’s arrest by taking a knee and hanging onto a railing, was allegedly grabbed and choked by an officer.

Special Events Officer Theodore Rogers then hit Patrick Flynn’s hand with a baton despite one of Flynn’s friends shouting to stop because Flynn was recovering from a broken hand at the time, according to the lawsuit.
Patrick Flynn was then allegedly pushed over the railing and onto the field 10 feet below him where he was subsequently hit with a stun gun and kneed in the face, the lawsuit said. Police accused Flynn of being “belligerent, intoxicated and violating the stadium’s code of conduct,” according to NJ.com.

“Terrible thing to live in fear. Brooks Hatlen knew it. Knew it all too well. All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won't have to be afraid all the time.”
Post #: 13682
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/27/2018 10:00:34 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

New York Giants fans are fighting for their right to curse out their team.
Two Giants fans are alleging in a federal complaint filed in San Jose, Calif., last week that their free speech rights were violated when police officers at Levi’s Stadium arrested them for cursing and flipping off players, according to the Mercury News.

According to the lawsuit, the incident occurred Nov. 12, 2017, in a game between the Giants and the San Francisco 49ers in Santa Clara. Brothers Kyle and Patrick Flynn started to give the middle finger to Giants players and shouted “you f-----g suck” at them, according to the newspaper.

Nicholas Cusimano, a Santa Clara police officer, reportedly told them to stop, but didn’t issue a warning that if their behavior continued they would be ejected or arrested, according to the lawsuit. After another 49ers score, the brothers continued to shout and the officer called for the fans to be ejected from the stadium.

Kyle Flynn remained in his seat because he thought he did nothing wrong, but was allegedly choked by officers and placed in a total body restraint. Patrick Flynn, who was protesting his brother’s arrest by taking a knee and hanging onto a railing, was allegedly grabbed and choked by an officer.

Special Events Officer Theodore Rogers then hit Patrick Flynn’s hand with a baton despite one of Flynn’s friends shouting to stop because Flynn was recovering from a broken hand at the time, according to the lawsuit.
Patrick Flynn was then allegedly pushed over the railing and onto the field 10 feet below him where he was subsequently hit with a stun gun and kneed in the face, the lawsuit said. Police accused Flynn of being “belligerent, intoxicated and violating the stadium’s code of conduct,” according to NJ.com.

Technically they do have a right to be assholes.

But the Stadium has a right, as a private business to set a standard for conduct for all who enter their establishment.

Fan behavior has been terrible for years in many places so I tend to side with the Stadium here.

In 2016, Clinton's underlying (and sometimes overlying) message was something like this: Trump is awful and you will never vote for him. And I am the only other person running for president.
Post #: 13683
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/27/2018 11:35:12 AM   
Mr. Ed

So some policitican said Jesus was a refugee.

That sure seems different than Kris' take:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekFRunqwHEc

“Terrible thing to live in fear. Brooks Hatlen knew it. Knew it all too well. All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won't have to be afraid all the time.”
Post #: 13684
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/27/2018 11:56:19 AM   
twinsfan

Where's Boyd? I need an afternoon weather update for central MN.

Didn't like the verse.
Didn't like the chorus.
Didn't like the song.
But now I do.
Post #: 13685
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/27/2018 12:00:47 PM   
twinsfan

Looks like the wind won't pick up until 5:00. Could be a mess by then. The snow will keep falling most of the night with winds approaching 20 mph at times. The snow should stop by the morning commute, but the combination of high winds and lots of snow on the ground could make travel treacherous.

Didn't like the verse.
Didn't like the chorus.
Didn't like the song.
But now I do.
Post #: 13686
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/27/2018 12:04:49 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Looks like the wind won't pick up until 5:00. Could be a mess by then. The snow will keep falling most of the night with winds approaching 20 mph at times. The snow should stop by the morning commute, but the combination of high winds and lots of snow on the ground could make travel treacherous.

it's been raining in SE MN since last night

December 27th.

Ugh

Now temps are slowly dropping. Sidewalks and driveways and some streets are getting slushy.

Then it might rain and snow tonight and tomorrow. I don't think they know for sure.

Just give me a big snowstorm instead of this junk.

Post #: 13687
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/27/2018 12:07:48 PM   
SoMnFan

My stubborn son drove from southern Mn to northern Mn ... LAST NIGHT
He's like his Dad, not-real-bright
Had to pry his hands off the wheel, I hear
Post #: 13688
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/27/2018 12:09:24 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

December 27th.

Ugh

Now temps are slowly dropping. Sidewalks and driveways and some streets are getting slushy.

Then it might rain and snow tonight and tomorrow. I don't think they know for sure.

In beautiful SW MN weather news ...
It snowed 6 inches here yesterday
Then rained like a mother all night
So we have a foot of heavy slush
That will now freeze into wonderful dangerous deadly windrows tonight, when it drops to -97 degrees after dark.
Post #: 13689
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/27/2018 12:12:26 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

total fabrication.. no intelligence.... which i have very much of, says winter is winter and snow is snow... fake news otherwise.....

science is wrong..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
https://www.gofundme.com/save-rylee-nicole-from-foster-adoption
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 13690
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/27/2018 12:13:45 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

December 27th.

Ugh

In beautiful SW MN weather news ...
It snowed 6 inches here yesterday
Then rained like a mother all night
So we have a foot of heavy slush
That will now freeze into wonderful dangerous deadly windrows tonight, when it drops to -97 degrees after dark.

Yeah, that crap sucks

rough roads and dangerous walking.

stay safe.

LOL at your son story. Know the feeling.

Both ways

Hand prying

and thinking

WHY DID I DO THAT?!?!

Post #: 13691
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/27/2018 12:16:48 PM   
SoMnFan

... pulling a wind-catching trailer, btw, too, Ed ....
Thank God he got his Mom's looks and fishing ability.
Post #: 13692
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/27/2018 12:19:00 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

yeah that would be a white-knuckler

How long did it take?

Post #: 13693
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/27/2018 12:30:11 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

yeah that would be a white-knuckler

How long did it take?

Left here at 3 (much to the chagrin of grandma and grandpa)
Stopped in Alex to pick up trailer
Pulled into GF at about 11pm
Said he was the only person able to go 60ish
Estimated 30-40 semis in the ditch between alex and fargo
Post #: 13694
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/27/2018 12:57:22 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

Sounds like he was smart to make the drive last night. Otherwise he might be crashing your party for another weekend.

Didn't like the verse.
Didn't like the chorus.
Didn't like the song.
But now I do.
Post #: 13695
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/27/2018 5:09:56 PM   
Boyd Tesch

And old man winter showed up again. is it March and ST yet
Post #: 13696
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/28/2018 10:13:16 AM   
McMurfy

Take a minute to read about my friend, who I am very proud of.

http://www.marshallindependent.com/sports/local-sports/2018/12/area-hockey-all-in-the-family/

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 13697
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/28/2018 11:10:22 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

Take a minute to read about my friend, who I am very proud of.

http://www.marshallindependent.com/sports/local-sports/2018/12/area-hockey-all-in-the-family/

I'm also proud of all his relatives for putting up with him.

Leaving a legacy in a middle-sized town in the middle of the middle-west. Pretty cool. Not easy. A lot of hours of volunteering. Congrats on the nice write-up!

Didn't like the verse.
Didn't like the chorus.
Didn't like the song.
But now I do.
Post #: 13698
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/28/2018 11:58:23 AM   
SoMnFan

Thanks guys.
Its just life, for us.
Keeps our mind off the shitty weather and the underperforming professional teams.
This site allows me a place to air out some sarcasm and frustration, and for that I am grateful that y'all put up with it.
Post #: 13699
RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter - 12/28/2018 5:24:13 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Thanks guys.
Its just life, for us.
Keeps our mind off the shitty weather and the underperforming professional teams.
This site allows me a place to air out some sarcasm and frustration, and for that I am grateful that y'all put up with it.

am sure a dose or 2 of sarcasm during tough seasons fell on young ears that didn't get it.

So much when my kids get my sarcasm.

Post #: 13700
Page:   <<   < prev  546 547 [548] 549 550   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Idle Talk, 4th chapter Page: <<   < prev  546 547 [548] 549 550   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode