Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: MLB General Information PT 4

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  427 428 [429] 430 431   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/16/2018 1:53:57 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Cano has been roiding and masking his entire career. Luckily this masking agent was finally caught.

He was a NOBODY when he came up with the Yankees. A punchline. An awful player. I've been suspicious of his meteoric rise for many years.

Maybe MLB should take away the Yankees WS title of 2009 since Cano was their best player?

Just when I start thinking you're ok again  ... you go and do that  ......
Post #: 10701
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/16/2018 1:54:36 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Andrew Miller is horrible right now.

Frank Thomas likes the Twins to win the division now that Buxton IS BAAAAAACK!!!!

Saw that too.
He's Bucks boy
Post #: 10702
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/16/2018 1:58:50 PM   
Mr. Ed

Cashman had to do a little talk-around

“I would have no knowledge, and if I did have knowledge I would be compelled to tell baseball about it or I’d risk a million dollar or more fine,” Cashman said Tuesday following the announcement that Cano had been suspended 80 games for violating baseball’s joint drug agreement.
“So part of the program and part of Major League Baseball’s initiatives is if I have any knowledge of anybody past or present I’m obligated to convey that knowledge to Major League Baseball, and I take that seriously.
“And so knowledge is one thing, suspicion is another.”
Later, when asked to clarify what he meant by suspicion, Cashman backtracked a bit saying he was speaking in generalities. “I never suggested I had suspicions of Cano,” he said.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10703
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/20/2018 6:19:50 AM   
Mr. Ed

The New York Yankees hit five home runs in Saturday’s 8-3 win against the Kansas City Royals. Four of those home runs cleared the fences at Kauffman Stadium

In the third inning, Hicks became the first Yankees player to hit multiple inside-the-park home runs in the same season since Mantle hit three of them back in 1958.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10704
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/20/2018 9:53:01 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

The New York Yankees hit five home runs in Saturday’s 8-3 win against the Kansas City Royals. Four of those home runs cleared the fences at Kauffman Stadium

In the third inning, Hicks became the first Yankees player to hit multiple inside-the-park home runs in the same season since Mantle hit three of them back in 1958.

A couple good players.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 10705
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/21/2018 9:11:03 PM   
JT2

Gleyber Torres living up to the hype. He has played in 25 games, has 5 games with 3 RBI. I believe that leads the majors.
Post #: 10706
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/21/2018 9:19:52 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

Gleyber Torres living up to the hype. He has played in 25 games, has 5 games with 3 RBI. I believe that leads the majors.

Prospects living up to the Hype

Must be nice

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10707
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/21/2018 10:55:11 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

Must be nice

I honestly think that those high expectations to be part of the Yankees makes a difference.

Fear of failure can be so good.

Look at this Yankee club this year. There really isn't any veteran, star player presence in the clubhouse. New manager. Rothschild remains their weakest link.

Yet young guys get better. High expectations, but usually put in an optimal position to succeed. No matter the manager, Yankee tradition is for you to work your way up the lineup.
Jeter did it. Cano did it. Torres is doing it.

Gregorious was the AL player of April. Then he took a nose dive. Boone made him sit for a few games. The expectations are high (I think they always should be) and that's a good thing.

It's good if extraordinary things are expected from you.

I go back to Mauer; why hasn't Molitor ever asked him to be more than the walk/obp guy?
Seriously, Joe, we need you to drive in runs sometimes. Scrap your saber playbook, and listen to me. Sometimes a walk is not enough.

Mauer could never have been a successful Yankee.

Hell, A-Rod got standing postseason boo's until he came through.

< Message edited by JT2 -- 5/21/2018 11:00:33 PM >
Post #: 10708
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/22/2018 5:04:03 AM   
ewen21

quote:

quote:

quote:

Must be nice

I honestly think that those high expectations to be part of the Yankees makes a difference.

Look at this Yankee club this year. There really isn't any veteran, star player presence in the clubhouse. New manager. Rothschild remains their weakest link.

Yet young guys get better. High expectations, but usually put in an optimal position to succeed. No matter the manager, Yankee tradition is for you to work your way up the lineup.

Gregorious was the AL player of April. Then he took a nose dive. Boone made him sit for a few games. The expectations are high (I think they always should be) and that's a good thing.

I go back to Mauer; why hasn't Molitor ever asked him to be more than the walk/obp guy?
Seriously, Joe, we need you to drive in runs sometimes. Scrap your saber playbook, and listen to me. Sometimes a walk is not enough.

The Yankees don't hype up their prospects. They call them up and you barely heard anything about them, but when they come up they are expected to perform. No babying and if they can't cut it, down they go.
You think most Yankee fans knew who the hell Glyber Torrez was (or even cared)?? I think part of the problem with the Twins is they sell the minor leaguers so hard to the point where these kids have stage fright by the time they get up.

Buxton is supposed to get an unlimited amount of at bats so he can figure it out? YOu Yankee admirers think the Yankees would allow that??? Uh, no I don't think so. That doesn't happen with the Yankees unless you are an established ballplayer. Even then the rope gets cut at some point.

The being said, I am LOVING the fact that Didi Gregorious is 1 for his last 47. I hope he never gets another hit! Let him go insane for all I care

< Message edited by ewen21 -- 5/22/2018 5:05:22 AM >

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure"

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 10709
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/22/2018 6:33:16 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Seriously, Joe, we need you to drive in runs sometimes. Scrap your saber playbook, and listen to me.
Sometimes a walk is not enough. Mauer could never have been a successful Yankee.

This

Joe got the star treatment and wasn't asked to do more, or something different. So he didn't.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10710
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/22/2018 9:31:13 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ewen21

quote:

quote:

quote:

Must be nice

The Yankees don't hype up their prospects. They call them up and you barely heard anything about them, but when they come up they are expected to perform. No babying and if they can't cut it, down they go.
You think most Yankee fans knew who the hell Glyber Torrez was (or even cared)?? I think part of the problem with the Twins is they sell the minor leaguers so hard to the point where these kids have stage fright by the time they get up.

Buxton is supposed to get an unlimited amount of at bats so he can figure it out? YOu Yankee admirers think the Yankees would allow that??? Uh, no I don't think so. That doesn't happen with the Yankees unless you are an established ballplayer. Even then the rope gets cut at some point.

The being said, I am LOVING the fact that Didi Gregorious is 1 for his last 47. I hope he never gets another hit! Let him go insane for all I care

The difference is that the Yankees don't hype up the prospects because their Major League team is the most important.....for years it seemed the Twins Minor League system was more important than the Major League team---

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 10711
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/22/2018 1:10:59 PM   
twinsfan

Tampa Bay Rays closer Sergio Romo struck out the side against the Angels in his lone inning of action on Saturday, but what made it unique is that for the first time in his long and successful career, Romo actually started the game. The idea behind the novelty was a strange one, at least by conventional wisdom, but it made a lot of practical sense—the Angels' first three batters are righties, so it gave Romo a match-up advantage, and it protected their starting pitcher, a lefty, from facing those three batters more than twice in the game. Here's how it went:

In short, it worked. Romo did his thing, Yarbrough pitched 6.1 quality innings, and the Rays won 5-3. They tried it again Sunday, and again Romo pitched a scoreless first inning.

This is the kind of thing that seems crazy until you actually do it, and with traditional thought in baseball dying a rapid death with the advent of advanced statistics, we could be looking at the start of a trend that spreads like wildfire. The first inning is just as important as the ninth, and if you can guarantee that your best pitcher will face the best part of the opponent's lineup, it makes perfect sense to turn a great closer into a great opener.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 10712
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/23/2018 7:46:05 PM   
JT2

quote:

Make that 6 games with 3 RBI.
Post #: 10713
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/29/2018 9:44:29 AM   
twinsfan

Dan Wilson's kid will be playing for the Willmar Stingers this season

http://www.mndaily.com/article/2018/03/s-eli-wilson-carries-on-family-name-behind-the-plate

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 10714
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/29/2018 9:49:16 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

I thought there was no hype for Gleyber Torres?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 10715
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/30/2018 10:34:20 AM   
Mr. Ed

Twins couldn't develop DRod, but there he is in the bigs

big-league debut, @DereckrodRF3! 4 Ks in 3.1 IP, just 1 ER... and an RBI double for your first MLB hit.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10716
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/30/2018 11:37:20 AM   
SoMnFan

Speaking of scrappy,,,, Mr Kotter was a great hire in Philly
He has them playing fun ball

I love seeing new managing blood in the league.
Screw the scioscias and gardys
They've had their run. Move on grandpa. 
Post #: 10717
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/30/2018 11:42:03 AM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

I thought there was no hype for Gleyber Torres?

That's a statement I never agreed with. There has been hype.

In fact, Dustin was singing his praises in here a couple of years ago.

Yankee fans I know were all excited about his arrival.
Post #: 10718
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 5/31/2018 9:27:58 PM   
JT2

Aaron Nola is as fun to watch as any pitcher in the league right now. (Okay, next to Verlander)
Post #: 10719
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/1/2018 10:16:54 AM   
Mr. Ed

Seattle Seahawks QB @DangeRussWilson & his wife @ciara have made a financial commitment to bring an MLB team to Portland through the Portland Diamond Project. Wilson also has made a commitment to group trying to bring an NBA team back to Seattle.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10720
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/4/2018 2:26:19 PM   
SoMnFan

Hope Kurt Russell also gets involved in Portlands attempt to land a team.
Theres real history there
Post #: 10721
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/4/2018 3:37:25 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Netflix has a documentary about it. I think I recommended that you watch it.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 10722
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/5/2018 7:09:00 AM   
Mr. Ed

Aaron Judge struck out for the 7th time today and the 12th time in June.

Today is June 4th.

Yogi Berra struck out 12 times in 1950.

Then he struck out after that for an 8th time on the day.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10723
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/5/2018 8:24:16 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

Aaron Judge struck out for the 7th time today and the 12th time in June.

Today is June 4th.

Yogi Berra struck out 12 times in 1950.

Then he struck out after that for an 8th time on the day.

Full disclosure: The Yankees played a double-header yesterday.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 10724
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 6/5/2018 8:31:07 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Netflix has a documentary about it. I think I recommended that you watch it.

Great story
Exactly the opposite of how I remember it, but  ...
Real story is, its a great story.
And Kurts an awesome dude.  
Post #: 10725
Page:   <<   < prev  427 428 [429] 430 431   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  427 428 [429] 430 431   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode