Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 3:54:01 PM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Interesting Kluwe op ed piece. Based on what he wrote, I am embarrassed for and angry at Mike Priefer, and I agree with Kluwe's intention:

quote:

If there's one thing I hope to achieve from sharing this story, it's to make sure that Mike Priefer never holds a coaching position again in the NFL, and ideally never coaches at any level.

One person says something and it's supposed to be true? He says he has witnesses so let's see them show up and collaborate his statement. Until then it's his word against anothers. Let's not jump to conclusions

Fargo
Post #: 51
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 3:55:35 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave E

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Willing-to-back-up-Foles-Vick-expects-to-start-somewhere-in-2014.html

Your bets on whether any of Ponder/Cassell/Freeman are Vikings next year?

Best odds: Cassel

Would not surprise me to see someone like Vick come in.

Sure pulling for Manziel in the draft. Why not . Entertain!

Escape while you can!
Post #: 52
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 3:59:25 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: sixthwi
Minnesota and Wisconsin have more in common than you guys want to admit. 

Never had a playoff game blacked out here in MN. 

Wasn't that Tarvaris Jackson game vs. the Eagles blacked out? If it wasn't, it should have been.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 53
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 4:02:13 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim Frenette

quote:

Interesting Kluwe op ed piece. Based on what he wrote, I am embarrassed for and angry at Mike Priefer, and I agree with Kluwe's intention:

quote:

If there's one thing I hope to achieve from sharing this story, it's to make sure that Mike Priefer never holds a coaching position again in the NFL, and ideally never coaches at any level.

One person says something and it's supposed to be true? He says he has witnesses so let's see them show up and collaborate his statement. Until then it's his word against anothers. Let's not jump to conclusions

Will others be willing to sacrifice their NFL career just to confirm what Kluwe said? Even Kluwe wasn't too willing to say much until he knew his career was over. From what I understand about how the NFL works, you don't take locker room stuff out in the public during your playing days unless you want to give them a reason (right or wrong) to cut you.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 54
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 4:19:25 PM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

Will others be willing to sacrifice their NFL career just to confirm what Kluwe said? Even Kluwe wasn't too willing to say much until he knew his career was over. From what I understand about how the NFL works, you don't take locker room stuff out in the public during your playing days unless you want to give them a reason (right or wrong) to cut you.

so does that mean we take his word?

Fargo
Post #: 55
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 4:22:32 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Willing-to-back-up-Foles-Vick-expects-to-start-somewhere-in-2014.html

As long as it is to back up a legitimate starting QB that's fine with me.

Dear God No!

Manziel looks to me like the classic, build for college football type QB. I want nothing to do with him.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 1/2/2014 4:27:59 PM >

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 56
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 4:30:04 PM   
Dave E

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

so does that mean we take his word?

We can wait for this to play out, and indeed, we should.  But it's very difficult to believe that this is made up out of whole cloth, considering there were other witnesses.

It's also not difficult to believe there are virulently homophobic coaches in the NFL.  It is more difficult for me to believe that Kluwe is a sociopath who would invent this story for...what possible gain?  As he has noted, this won't help him find work in the NFL.

All this said, again: I am still unconvinced this had anything to do with his release.  That's what he can't and doesn't know.  Spielman, after hitting a homer with Walsh and dumping Winfield, could easily have done this anyway.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 57
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 4:31:22 PM   
Dave E

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dear God No!

Manziel looks to me like the classic, build for college football type QB. I want nothing to do with him.

My guess is all three are gone next year.

Would also not be surprised if Vick is here -- and agree, I want nothing to do with him.

I do want John F. Football, though.  Nothing would irritate Packers fans more if he turns out to be a stud.

Bring Tice back, draft Manziel. 

--twinsfan
Post #: 58
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 5:01:26 PM   
Dave E

For what it's worth: Peter King was just asked if he believed what Kluwe says.  "He has always told me the 100 percent truth."

--twinsfan
Post #: 59
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 5:35:00 PM   
Jim Frenette

Here is Mike Priefer's full statement to beat writers. http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/238519931.html

Fargo
Post #: 60
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 5:41:28 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dear God No!

Would also not be surprised if Vick is here -- and agree, I want nothing to do with him.

I do want John F. Football, though.  Nothing would irritate Packers fans more if he turns out to be a stud.

Dave, I'm really surprised that you want Tice back.
He always seemed to me like he was not smart enough to be a Head Coach in the NFL.
He'd tell everyone how he was going to game plan, who he wanted to draft, etc.
You seem like a thinking man who would want a thinking mans coach.
Childress on the other hand thought he was smarter than everyone, which is worse than what Tice is in my opinion.

Tice can coach a line but not a team in my opinion.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 61
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 6:15:06 PM   
Todd M

quote:

Here is Mike Priefer's full statement to beat writers. http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/238519931.html

So does that mean we take him at his word.

So not surprised to see you defending him, Jim.
Post #: 62
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 6:32:30 PM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

So does that mean we take him at his word.

So not surprised to see you defending him, Jim.

Did I say he wasn't guilty? No, I just don't like people jumping to conclusions so quick on one persons word. A bunch of players are coming out backing up Prefer including Blair Walsh who worked closely with both of them

Fargo
Post #: 63
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 6:37:44 PM   
Todd M

That's fair Jim. I recall you saying that in the past regarding other issues.

quote:

I want to be clear that I do not tolerate discrimination of any type

Son's twitter account:

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2014/01/homophobic_vikings_coach_mike_priefers_son_enjoys_calling_people_gay_on_twitter.php
Post #: 64
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 6:42:49 PM   
Todd M

I just think there is no way a guy as smart as Kluwe commits career suicide going on record with things said unless he had the truth to back it up.

And throw your cause under the bus like that. No, don't buy it.
Post #: 65
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 8:19:54 PM   
Jim Frenette

quote:

I just think there is no way a guy as smart as Kluwe commits career suicide going on record with things said unless he had the truth to back it up.

But he didn't play this year and might be blaming Vikings for that thinking career already over

Fargo
Post #: 66
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 8:43:42 PM   
Dave E

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dear God No!

Dave, I'm really surprised that you want Tice back.
He always seemed to me like he was not smart enough to be a Head Coach in the NFL.
He'd tell everyone how he was going to game plan, who he wanted to draft, etc.
You seem like a thinking man who would want a thinking mans coach.
Childress on the other hand thought he was smarter than everyone, which is worse than what Tice is in my opinion.

Tice can coach a line but not a team in my opinion.

I'm not really serious (although I think he generally was a better HC than he got credit for).  He definitely needed an editor on many of his ideas; had he that and a couple of decent coordinators, he might have been more successful.  As it was, I think he did pretty well with the little he was given by McCombds.

I mention it because I think a combination of Tice and Manziel -- if they could win -- would be the most entertaining tandem in football history.  We would be laughing our asses off all the time at their antics, I have no doubt, and it would drive any non-Vikings fans totally insane.

--twinsfan
Post #: 67
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 8:50:17 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

and it would drive any non-Vikings fans totally insane.
That would be worth it right there.
Post #: 68
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 9:05:09 PM   
Dave E

quote:

quote:

and it would drive any non-Vikings fans totally insane.
That would be worth it right there.

I know, right?!  It's worth the risk that it could crash and burn with disasterous results (which is probably what Spielman will lead us to anyway, so we might as well enjoy the ride).

--twinsfan
Post #: 69
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/2/2014 9:18:28 PM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

But he didn't play this year and might be blaming Vikings for that thinking career already over

Right, but he has a promising post football career that he could kill.
Post #: 70
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/3/2014 9:11:51 AM   
twinsfan

Mike Florio is on with PA and Charch on KFAN right now. This guy is ridiculous. He's basically saying that Kluwe is not believable because he didn't come forward until now. Charch asked what do you think would have happened if he came forward and made this public immediately? Florio: well...uh....ehhhh...that's the thing.

What's the thing?

Kluwe is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Either way, the people that don't like him (and his views) are not going to agree with the way he handled it.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 71
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/3/2014 9:20:06 AM   
Dave E

quote:

Mike Florio is on with PA and Charch on KFAN right now. This guy is ridiculous. He's basically saying that Kluwe is not believable because he didn't come forward until now. Charch asked what do you think would have happened if he came forward and made this public immediately? Florio: well...uh....ehhhh...that's the thing.

What's the thing?

Kluwe is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Either way, the people that don't like him (and his views) are not going to agree with the way he handled it.

That's a pretty poor argument by Florio.

If I'm a reporter, I'm hunting down Cullen Loeffler to see if he'll answer any questions.  My guess is he will have a very strong "no comment" on this stuff as long as Priefer (and maybe he himself) is employed by the Vikes.

--twinsfan
Post #: 72
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/3/2014 9:22:30 AM   
McMurfy

I want Whisenhunt as well.
Just seems all around competent.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 73
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/3/2014 9:35:14 AM   
twinsfan

Is this KFAN's best day? And it's coming from the least likely sources - The Power Trip Morning Show and the Paul Allen Show. We haven't even made it to the good shows yet. Common won't have guests, so he will be hard pressed to top this. In fact, and this is hard for me to say, he won't. Barreiro will try too hard and come off as preachy. I don't completely agree with Leber on this, but he's making some decent points without being disrespectful of Kluwe. Believe it or not, Charch is making the most sense on this issue so far. But it's fun listening to Leber and Charch going back and forth. PA of course supports the Vikings (he knows where his paycheck comes from, just as Kluwe knew where his were coming from when he played for the Vikes).

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 74
RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans - 1/3/2014 9:38:40 AM   
twinsfan

Leber is missing the point. He says Kluwe's motivation is to ruin the coach's career.

That's not exactly the #1 motivation.

The motivation is to change society on the subject of gay rights, of which Kluwe is a strong supporter. He doesn't believe the coach is someone that should be a teacher if we want society to progress on this issue.

I'm not sure why Leber is being dense on this.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins fans Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode