Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Former Wild News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> Former Wild News Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Former Wild News - 11/3/2014 1:38:28 PM   
twinsfan

John Gibson of the Anaheim Ducks was all ready to make his fifth start of the season Sunday night against the Colorado Avalanche. Then warmups happened.

The 21-year old netminder suffered a pre-game lower-body injury, leaving freshly recalled Jason LaBarbera to take the starting job for the night. The only problem? Frederik Andersen was injured himself, so there was nobody to be the Ducks’ backup. (LaBarbera, by the way, was making his third start in three nights, having played for the AHL's Norfolk Admirals on Friday and Saturday before being summoned by the Ducks to travel to Colorado on Sunday morning. LaBarbera earned the win in all three games. Give that man a nap!)

Enter Ducks’ goaltending consultant Dwayne Roloson, who was with the club on its road trip.

The 45-year old Roloson, who last played on April 7, 2012 while a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning, was summoned to don the pads and back up LaBarbera.

This is all kosher under NHL rule 5.3, which states, “In regular League and Playoff games, if both listed goalkeepers are incapacitated, that team shall be entitled to dress and play any available goalkeeper who is eligible.” This is why the likes of Brett Leonhardt, Paul Deutsch, Ryan Vinz and Rob Laurie had their brief moments of fame in the past.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 1
RE: Former Wild News - 11/3/2014 2:12:44 PM   
SoMnFan

Very cool
Rolo could probably still stone people most nights. Great guy.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2
RE: Former Wild News - 11/4/2014 4:30:22 PM   
Black 47

He sure was great against Vancouver in their 2003 run in the playoffs. Jacque going with the hot hand. Fernandez was hot against the Avs. Roloson was hot against the Canucks.
Post #: 3
RE: Former Wild News - 2/12/2015 8:42:04 AM   
twinsfan

Mark Parrish has been sitting in with the KFAN morning crew on occasion. Pretty hilarious dude. I've enjoyed his contributions. My worry is he's eventually gonna say something that's gonna get him suspended. Feels like it's only a matter of time.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4
RE: Former Wild News - 2/12/2015 10:13:56 AM   
stfrank

Now that Parrish isn't getting free money from the Wild he has to try and make a living somehow. He is back in school at St Cloud and doing color for their games on the schools broadcasts, and I suspect he is trying to broaden his horizons by getting on KFAN. I have heard him a few times and don't mind him, but his color announcing leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.
Post #: 5
RE: Former Wild News - 2/12/2015 10:30:24 AM   
Lynn G.

I agree - his color commentary is pretty lifeless, although he can inform listeners on a behind-the-scenes level like other color commentators do. Perhaps with some experience he'll get better. I've met him and he's a really decent guy so I hope he has a lucrative career ahead of him.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 6
RE: Former Wild News - 2/12/2015 11:56:15 AM   
TJSweens

The problem is that LaPanta looks even dumber when he is paired with a smart guy.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 7
RE: Former Wild News - 2/12/2015 2:40:29 PM   
twinsfan

LaPanta does SCSU games?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 8
RE: Former Wild News - 2/12/2015 6:13:54 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Mark Parrish has been sitting in with the KFAN morning crew on occasion. Pretty hilarious dude. I've enjoyed his contributions. My worry is he's eventually gonna say something that's gonna get him suspended. Feels like it's only a matter of time.

Yup
Hard for a guy like him to not stray over the "lines"

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 9
RE: Former Wild News - 2/1/2017 8:10:07 AM   
twinsfan

Yo named head coach of the Blues.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 10
RE: Former Wild News - 2/1/2017 8:21:25 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

Yup
Hard for a guy like him to not stray over the "lines"

He told a story a couple of weeks ago about his recruiting visit with Doug Woog. He said it was basically 2+ hours of Woog telling him how bad he sucked, before telling him if he were to play a year or two of junior hockey, he could get a partial scholarship at the U. Parrish said it was obvious that Woog had never even seen him play. He didn't even realize what position he played. Later he was on a recruiting visit to SCSU and met Matt Cullen who was also on a recruiting visit. He told Cullen about the experience and Cullen laughed because Woog had done the exact same thing to him. They agreed to commit to SCSU together. His best moment in college hockey was scoring a hat trick against Woog's Gophers with Cullen assisting on every goal.

To this day Parrish's dad is convinced that Woog's chief scout (forget the name), who was taking over at Ohio gave Woog bogus scouting reports, so that he could recruit some of these guys to Ohio.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 11
RE: Former Wild News - 2/1/2017 7:19:38 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Yo named head coach of the Blues.

Yo .... its Yeo, yo ........
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> Former Wild News Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode