Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Just Out Of Curiosity

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Just Out Of Curiosity Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/11/2016 7:58:18 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

Awesome thread Danno!

In Vegas working, will add my boring story later...

Nothing boring about you Mr. Bilben.

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 26
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/11/2016 7:59:23 PM   
Dave Odle

Something about being a Vikings fan makes me more stubborn and entrenched than ever. When you go through this long of a dry spell, how sweet it will be when you taste victory. All of these bandwagon Seahawks fans repulse me. You know they didn't suffer through the lean years as a Seahawks fan. I know some of those people from living in Oregon and they are due. If we win a Super Bowl, I don't want to see any bandwagon fans. Hell, no. To quote the great character of Smoky, "You didn't put in on this, Man!"

Could this be the year?
Post #: 27
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/11/2016 8:05:23 PM   
SteveR

I am 41.

No one in my family was big sports fans. I just came home from elementary school one day and asked mom, "how come we never watch the Vikings?" So mom sat down with me, and we started watching the Vikings. I must have heard other kids talking about them, but I seem to remember what really set it off was a folder that had the helmets of all the teams on it. I remember looking at it on the bus and being kind of fascinated with how the helmets looked. Another kid and I then imagined who would be the best football team if the mascots were real. I think we went with the Saints because they would be angels...

First real memory of a Vikings player was Joe Senser in the pro-bowl. Looking that up, it must have been around 1981. I would have been 6-7, so that is about right.

One game that stuck with me was from the, I think, Les Steckel season. We were playing the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and the Vikings won when Jan Stenrud kicked a 53-yard field goal. For some reason, that made an impression.

So, yeah, I continued to watch the Vikings with mom every Sunday. I have one of the few dads on the planet who had no interest in watching sports. He still does not watch sports to this day (took me to a ton of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris and James Bond movies, though).

Best time I had watching the Vikings was the Randy Moss years. He was my mom's favorite player, and she had so much fun watching him that I will always be a Randy Moss fan. Guy had issues, but his talent was unbelievable, and he made my mom happy, so that's good enough for me.

I've always been able to not get super emotionally involved in watching sports (when I play, I play to win, though). To me, they are more a way to unwind and relax. When I watch them, I just want to check out from stress. If my team wins, awesome. If they don't, I shake it off pretty quickly. Regardless, I still have to go to work Monday morning. I think 1998 also contributed to that. You can have an amazing team, but the amazing team doesn't always come out on top. Stuff happens, and I don't like add stuff I can't control to my other stuff. It is becoming easier with today's game, too. I get pretty tired of the 24/7 analysis/BS. Watching a pre-game show or ESPN is horrible to me. Hate it. And I don't like how the media makes some players out to be super stars when I don't see them as making a team better. Oh well...

As for the Vikings making the Super Bowl...have to see how the ball bounces. I like Zimmer and the defense, but some tweaks are still needed elsewhere. Hope it works out, more so for mom than me. :)
Post #: 28
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/11/2016 8:09:53 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: ambear
Actually born in La Crosse Wi in 1960 and raised in La Crescent MN.

We still have 2 boat houses south of Brownsville. We had a trailer there before they put in the condos.
Post #: 29
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/11/2016 10:55:52 PM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: SteveR

Best time I had watching the Vikings was the Randy Moss years. He was my mom's favorite player, and she had so much fun watching him that I will always be a Randy Moss fan. Guy had issues, but his talent was unbelievable, and he made my mom happy, so that's good enough for me.

Man those were the years 1998-2000. Randy was out of this world and I haven't seen anything remotely close to that level of play at the receiver position. He should have been MVP or at least highly considered for the award in 98' and 2000. The excitement of those years man, don't know if that can be replicated even if we do win the SB.

Too bad we never had a semblance of a D.
Post #: 30
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/11/2016 11:37:49 PM  5 votes
djskillz

Awesome thread. About to turn 35. Came out purple.

I grew up in Alaska but pretty much ALL of my family is from Minnesota. And we spent basically every summer of my childhood in MN at our family farm/lake outside of Chokio. I've never lived in MN for a day in my life, but still make it there 2-3 times a year to visit family. I've always been a huge sports guy too. Always played sports, always have watched sports, and have worked in sports for almost 10 years now. My earliest Vikings memories were '86 or so. Always loved AC. CC is my favorite Viking of all time; those hands. Though I can't stand him as an announcer. Doleman and Randle for me on defense. Loved those guys.

I will admit though that I'm not nearly the Vikings fan that I am a Twins fan, and Lakers/Duke, as I'm not nearly as much of a football fan as baseball/basketball. Partly that's because I always played both, partly because of familial memories, like Dude said. Baseball will always have a special place for me. I also hate winter (why I've never lived in MN and got out first chance I could from Alaska; haha) and so that probably plays a part as well.

All that being said, I still bleed purple as well as most anyone. Yesterday's loss stings, but the future for this team is beaming bright. Have never felt this good about our QB and coach in my lifetime, ever. And I have confidence we will get it done...and soon.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
Post #: 31
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 12:06:46 AM   
Art

Good thread Dan ya old fart.
I've shared my story before ... you guys probably know it.
My mom loved the color purple and bought me a #10 jersey for my 10th birthday.
My family has absolutely no affiliation with the Vikings. All Giants fans except my little sister who is a Jets fan.
Grew up in Brooklyn so it was hard to see many games back then but I scoured the box scores every Monday and watched George Michael's Sports Machine for a glimpse of my team.
Moved to SF in 1989 one month before the earthquake. Ended up staying there 15 years but never abandoned the Purple even though the Niners were the kings at that time. Knew some guys in Eddie DeBartolo's circle. Saw Vikings games at Candlestick in some nice seats.
Met a lot of Viking fans at Pat Oshea's Mad Hatter on Geary Street. Spent every Sunday morning there until I moved to Oregon.
51 years young and have been traveling to Vikings games for over 25 years.
Plan to do it for 25 more.

What happened?
Post #: 32
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 1:03:30 AM   
69in09

47, became an addict at 8. Zero days sober.

Started trading my lunch for football cards at school and really dug the purple unis. Asked my dad about the Vikes and he led me to watch my first ever football game. Super Bowl 11. I was bored by halftime and left to go play football myself. Who knew 39 years later we still wouldn't have been back? But the seeds were planted. Games like the "miracle at the Met" and a wild comeback win at SD the next year cemented my love of the team and the game. Hooked on both since.

This is my burner account.
Post #: 33
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 8:18:32 AM   
eagleflorida

Aha, all you young whippersnappers out there. As I suspected, I am probably the eldest member here. Will turn 73 in March. Anybody top that?

Born & raised in northern Mn. Graduated HS in '61 the same year the Vikes came into existence and have been a long-suffering fan all those years.
Actually there were many great moments throughout those years but of course never saw the SB win happen. Had a career as a naval officer and traveled extensively and was fortunate to see Viking games in several venues throughout the country including the old Met.

I was certain I would see a SB victory in my lifetime but see that as less likely each passing year. A recent diagnosis of prostate cancer last month dims my chances even more of enjoying a SB win and fear I will emulate Lynn's father's fate in that regard. Am in the process of conferring with my docs on the best treatment program to begin & hope to have it established before we leave FL in Apr.

Nevertheless, I'm upbeat in regards to health issues as well as the Viking's future and hoping for the best. My wife & I snowbird to FL in the winter & northern Mn in summer. She is also a breast cancer survivor (over 20 years) & is positive for both of our health issues. Can't say enough how much I enjoy Vikestalk and all the discussions with all you folks. Here's to a bright & healthy future to each & everyone.
Post #: 34
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 9:11:17 AM   
bgdavis

I'm 48.

I was born in Mankato and lived there for the first 20+ years of my life. During summers, my parents took me to the Vikings training camp at the MSU campus a few times during the early to mid '70's. I started to watch football around 1974. I vaguely recall watching a few moments of their loss to Miami SB VIII, but it wasn't until that following season that I really started watching regularly. I remember watching their losses to Pittsburgh in SB IX and to Oakland in SB XI. Whether it was a regular season game or a playoff game, I cried a lot any time they lost. I cried so much at times that my parents began to try to find other things for me to do on Sundays to try to prevent it, but even then I would still find some way to follow them like a portable radio, etc.

In the late '80s, I took a break from watching football. I had begun working a part time job which often had me working on Sunday afternoons. I didn't watch the strike-shortened '87 season at all, but didn't have to suffer watching the Darrin Nelson drop against WAS in the NFCCG.

In the early '90s, I had started a full time job in Wisconsin. I started following football again, in part because of how much I disliked all the Packer fans I had to put up with.

In 1996, I moved back to Minnesota, and continued following the team. I followed them closer than ever during the fabled '98 season. It was the best-looking Viking team I'd seen. I had even predicted their lone regular season loss against TB, sensing that a ball-control type team could beat them. I was nervous about the ATL match-up in the NFCCG since they seemed to have the ingredients for doing the same thing. But over the course of the game, they had built a solid lead and it seemed like all we needed was 1 more FG to ice the game. And then Gary missed his only kick of the season. I could sense the curse was staring at us laughing. I could guess the outcome of the coin flip and the OT ending even before the 4th quarter ended. I knew we were doomed. That game hurt a lot. I hadn't cried for years, but I cried my eyeballs out after that game. I couldn't even talk about football for weeks without a sick feeling in my stomach.

I watched the next few seasons with apprehension, and then the '99 season lured me back in full. I thought this is finally the year. The stomped NO, and all that stood in their way was a very winnable game at NYG. And then the wheels fell of. 41-0. I sort of cried, but mostly was just angry at how badly they had failed. Reading reports about the possibility that NYG was listening on the headsets just infuriated me even more.

I sort of quit watching after that for a while. I barely remember games from the early 2000s, but I finally started watching them against by the late 2000s. I watched most of the Favre season, but not the playoffs. I knew even before the game against NO that they would find a way to lose that game, and they did.

Since then I've moved to Iowa. I watch them when I can, but I know deep down they will find a way to lose the big ones and disappoint me. They always do. Confirmation came again this last Sunday. As they lined up for the game-winning kick, I just knew Walsh would miss or the kick would be blocked. They're cursed.

But I still watch them, because they are my team. And when they lose, I still cry...not always visibly, but inside it rains and pours tears of purple.

< Message edited by bgdavis -- 1/12/2016 12:22:44 PM >

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 35
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 9:50:06 AM   
Todd M

Stay positive, Peter (eags) and hang with us as long as you can.

I think a lot of us are questioning the when. When will the Vikings stand a top all the rest and hoist that trophy. You're supposed to enjoy the journey but for some of you guys this has been a looooooooooong trip. You've seen about everything you can see - except the final destination.

The world makes no promises and there can only be one winner. Everyone else is back to the drawing board. It's tough to keep, as Lynn said, hoping that we'll get em next year. Maybe we won't. Maybe another decade will pass and we won't. All I know is that the Vikes have given me some major ups and some killer downs...but...also experiences I cherish. Led me to meet people I never would have otherwise.

You know I'm not a praying man...and hoping we all make it to see a SB win doesn't mean much...but I sure do hope that.

Best of luck to you, Peter.

I say Nay Nay!
Post #: 36
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 10:06:40 AM   
SoMnFan

Great stuff.
Post #: 37
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 10:09:11 AM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: eagleflorida

Aha, all you young whippersnappers out there. As I suspected, I am probably the eldest member here. Will turn 73 in March. Anybody top that?

Born & raised in northern Mn. Graduated HS in '61 the same year the Vikes came into existence and have been a long-suffering fan all those years.
Actually there were many great moments throughout those years but of course never saw the SB win happen. Had a career as a naval officer and traveled extensively and was fortunate to see Viking games in several venues throughout the country including the old Met.

I was certain I would see a SB victory in my lifetime but see that as less likely each passing year. A recent diagnosis of prostate cancer last month dims my chances even more of enjoying a SB win and fear I will emulate Lynn's father's fate in that regard. Am in the process of conferring with my docs on the best treatment program to begin & hope to have it established before we leave FL in Apr.

Nevertheless, I'm upbeat in regards to health issues as well as the Viking's future and hoping for the best. My wife & I snowbird to FL in the winter & northern Mn in summer. She is also a breast cancer survivor (over 20 years) & is positive for both of our health issues. Can't say enough how much I enjoy Vikestalk and all the discussions with all you folks. Here's to a bright & healthy future to each & everyone.

Keep the positive attitude on both your health and the Vikings. I have a feeling both will get batter.

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 38
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 10:33:17 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: eagleflorida

Same to you. Stay positive.
Post #: 39
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 10:40:58 AM   
Steve Miller

I am 62. I was an Army brat, born overseas and didn't much follow sports early on. I remember I had become fascinated with Vikings (the original Leif Erickson longboat seafarers) I devoured everything I could find out about them at a time when there was no Internet or Wikipedia. I remember being fired up by this Viking Movie I saw on television called The Longships with Richard Windmark and Sidney Portier, having to do with this golden bell. Then quite by accident, one day I turned on the TV and it was the Vikings against the Cleveland Browns in the NFC championship game circa 1970. And I said Oh yeah Vikings, Cool! They were the Vikings and with Joe Kapp and Page and Eller, I was instantly hooked. I liked everything about them and the fierce way they played. I have never looked back to this day, they have been my great passion. I've lived through all the good times and the bad. Still feel bad that Tarkenton and that famed Defense couldn't bring it home. Best memories, Beating Dallas and Washington in the playoffs one year. Very satisfying. Especially Dallas That I can't stand. Second best memory. Not exactly football but a competition between the Vikings and the Steelers in one of those superstar shows they used to have. This after Pittsburgh had beat us in the SB. It came down to a tug of war which has to be seen to be believed. It was Epic. Both teams were absolutely physically spent. They weren't goofing off, you could tell. Finally Carl Eller stood up threw the rope over his shoulder and literally dragged the Pittsburgh team over the flag. I still get chills just thinking about it. Worst memories 2 are tied. The Drew Pearson game and The gary Anderson game. Last sunday was bitter but I had cynically expected something bad would happen and was only disappointed for a day.

Save Us O Lord from the fury of the Norsemen
Post #: 40
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 10:53:29 AM   
Lynn G.

Add my wishes to you, eagleflorida.

Those who observe tyranny in silence are complicit.
Post #: 41
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 10:56:00 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Add my wishes to you, eagleflorida.

+1

For sure stud, all the best wishes...
Post #: 42
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 11:32:22 AM   
Duane Sampson

Double Nickels here.

I first noticed football in '69. I think the first game I ever watched was a Jets game.

I remember the Chiefs were on TV all the time but I caught a few Vikings games and was drawn to them. I was only 9 years old but for whatever reason, I became a Vikings fan and a Bear hater early on. Maybe I liked the Vikings because they were so disliked (because of their success) around here. Early rebel.....

I remember riding the school bus and a bunch of us would trade football cards. I used to throw the Butkus and Douglas cards out the window.

I don't remember much about the KC Super Bowl but I was glued to the next 3 Super Bowls. The Hail Mary game is still the worst day of my life though, worse than the SB losses. That was easily the best team I ever saw.

Over the years, I recall loving the division games because most of them were televised locally and we pretty much always won until the 90's. I used to drive 40-50 miles in the 80's to pick up the AM signal. Direct TV is one of the best things to happen at my house ever!!

My stepmom's dad is born and raised in Minny so we had a lot of conversations when I was young.

I have a lot of friends that are GB and Bears fans but the really ice cool people I know root for the Vikes.
Post #: 43
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 11:51:52 AM   
SoMnFan

Came into the world the same year as the Twins and Vikings. (1961)
Was blessed with one set of grandparents who were sports nuts. Made sure we took the three hour treks to Vikings, Gophers, Twins, and North Stars games.
I didn't need the push, sports were my life from Day One, and the Vikings were my deepest love, until their 4th SB loss.
I was "that" weird little kid who knew the players, every player, every cut, every practice squad guy, etc. Knew their bios inside and out.
Had an uncle from Bloomington who rubbed elbows with many sports celebs and he often increased my love for it. That was the hub for sports in this state for decades.
Loved our aura, loved our unis, loved our personality and our consistency.
Sunday's of my youth were Viking Day, nothing else. And it meant winning, almost every week.
It helped build my family, my friendships, my social circle. Is that wrong? Probably, but it is what it is.
The biggest Viking memories are etched forever in my mind. Know exactly where I was when Joe Kapp barreled over the Browns linebacker. Know where I was when Hail Mary became a thing. Ed Marinaro spinning away, Chuck Foreman changing the game. Randy Moss changing the game. The great defenses, the special teams monsters, the incredible wins and the crushing losses.
Loved my Dad for allowing me to skip Sunday School on the morning of our first SB vs KC. Was too nervous to focus on anything but. Was positive we would crush KC and I honestly don't think I ever fully recovered from the shock. Openly cried for days. Then began the chipping away ....
SB vs Miami was our chance to redeem ourselves, it was quick enough to make us feel like maybe the first loss was worthwhile. Nope. Another soul-crushing acceptance that my invincible heroes were no such thing. We were out-everything-ed and humbled.
Felt like we limped into our third vs Pittsburgh. Looking back, we unfortunately tangled with a growing dynasty. We hung tough and gave hope, but were eventually beat down, again. My top hero of all time, Fran, had taken the biggest ass-kicking, and his acceptance of it afterwards was life-changing for many of us. The page had turned, we were no longer unlucky or had bad timing, we had become a punchline. And that was a tough realization. Probably when I branched out the most not other sports. Threw my personal efforts into basketball, threw my fandom support fully into hockey. But always kept my heart open for my first love.
Had grown to admire and love the Raiders as my second choice, and when it boiled down to our 4th SB against them wasn't sure that was cruel, or ironic, or wonderful. As usual tried to start the game calm, but ended up crushed, again. Wasn't even happy the Raiders had won, just pissed about it all. We had gone from punchline to prime buttend joke material.
Stayed calm and supportive, thru all the crap. Bud leaving, Steckel ruining, Bud returning, Burnsie cussing, Denny strutting.
Was ready to be revitalized and 1998 was awesome. Right up to the final, excruciating inevitable soul-crushing end. By then it had become an inside joke with most of us. No matter how well things went, we always knew, us old timers. We knew.
Seeing this current team build its base has been fun and exciting. I'm in, but much more hesitant than you youngsters. I love what we've done for the most part. I have faith in our owner, our GM, and most importantly our HC. I begged for him and we may have finally gotten one right. Losses and mistakes bother this man, and I appreciate that, after what we have been thru.
Sunday was another soul crusher, but one we can get over. Moving to the new stadium will be fun and exciting, but praying we don't let it take precedence over improving the team.
I can easily see us being top four the entire year next year. I can also see us falling on our face and having to start over. That's what decades of disappointment does to one.
I appreciate the stories in here, the passion, and the support. I've been a Viking fan of EVERY level, as you can see, and I appreciate where each of you are at. Hang in there. We've chosen to follow and support a team that for the most part, has been pretty damn solid. No time to bail now. Things are trending up. Stay strong.
Post #: 44
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 12:09:08 PM   
ronhextall

Grew up in northern Iowa. I had no concept of regional football coverage. I thought the Vikings were on TV every Sunday across the entire country, figured everybody loved the Vikings. I assumed the rest of the games on TV were just filler.

I remember the Vikings last Super Bowl, the image I remember most was Lester Hayes stickum covered fingers.

I died a little after the 1998 Season, didn't watch ESPN for two weeks and avoided all print and sports radio (which I normally listen to several hours a day). Just couldn't take it, seemed like it was always going to be the other teams fans that got to enjoy winning the big one.

Never really thought they would win after that. The Favre game didn't even phase me, just assumed they would invent a way to lose.

I admit, Sunday at the end was the most excited I have been since the Atlanta game, nobody misses a 27 yard field goal and the defense was too good and it was too cold for them to drive the length of the field in 20+ seconds.

I don't need a Super Bowl anymore, but my son has bought in hook-line-and-sinker. He lives and dies by them, like I once did. I would like to have him have his team win the big one once. We try to go to a game every year and get to Mankato but it doesn't always work out. I have the two Twins World Series to fall back on but he doesn't.

It is dumb to invest so much emotionally into a team that doesn't even know you exist but we just can't help it. It would be a top 10 special moment for my son and I if it ever happens. My son is lucky enough to be the QB for the local high school team, and I keep stats on the sidelines. Our inside joke is, "This is your chance to right all the wrongs".

Love the defense and love the coach, Vikings are just a QB/offense away (and hopefully not even that, maybe just some experience under his belt).
Post #: 45
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 1:09:00 PM   
Trekgeekscott

I am 44.
first game I watched there were two plays at the end that got the Vikings into the playoffs. Hook and ladder, then Hail Mary Rashad sidestep into the endzone for the win.

I was hooked that day.

All of us are entitled to our own opinion. None of us are entitled to our own facts. - Alan Page
Post #: 46
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 1:35:18 PM   
TJSweens

Born in St. Paul in 1959. Lived in the Twin Cities my whole life. I became a Vikings fan during the 1968 season when the Vikings made their first ever playoff appearance. Loved the Joe Kapp mantra of 40 for 60 and "there ain't no Santa Claus, there ain't no Easter Bunny and their ain't no most valuable Viking." My favorite Viking of all time is Alan Page the only defensive lineman to win an MVP award. The memory of tirade after being called for back to back off sides penalties against the Lions is etched in my memory. The ensuing set of plays by the enraged Page were: tackle the RB for a loss, sack the QB, sack the QB, block the punt. The story goes that the Lions coach asked the referee not to throw any more flags on Page even if he is off sides. Loved Bill Brown tearing the sleeves of his jerseys and ripping open the scabs on his arms to let the blood flow during home games in the middle of winter. Loved Joe Kapp and his single bar face mask meeting the Cleveland MLB in a head on collision and knocking him out cold. Loved the Tarkenton / Foreman years when Jerry Burns invented the offense that was later credited to Bill Walsh. Was inconsolable after the 1969 Super Bowl and still bitter and still hate the city of Dallas with every fiber of my being to this day after the Hail Mary travesty. Sadly I have become more fatalistic by the time of the 98 take a knee / Anderson miss, 41 doughnut, 12 men in the huddle, 27 yd fg miss games. Lots of highs. Lots of lows. Was born a Viking fan and I'll die a Viking fan.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 47
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 2:05:59 PM   
SoMnFan

Loving the backgrounds
Keep em coming please.
Post #: 48
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 2:07:34 PM   
McMurfy

43 Years Old,
Born in St Paul.
Mostly grew up in Grand Forks/Fargo...big Viking Country up there.
Parents got divorced when I was 7.
After Dad moved out I watched that first Viking game alone, at age 7. I knew Dad would be watching.

They lost, I cried.

Been a fan ever since, even all the way out here in the NW.

Here’s what really irks me.

No one cares.
The losing?
No one cares.

Not the players
Not the Coaches
Not Dick and Bert
Not the Owners
Not the Front Office
And Not most of the fans.
Post #: 49
RE: Just Out Of Curiosity - 1/12/2016 2:09:23 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Loving the backgrounds
Keep em coming please.

Yup. Been great.

Can't believe someone got a negative rating for sharing theirs. Got a guess on who slapped it on there. Someone who would never share in something like this, only trolls, and should be given the boot.

I say Nay Nay!
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Just Out Of Curiosity Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode