Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2016 NBA Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: 2016 NBA Draft Page: <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 11:00:56 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

I'm just not buying into this talk about Dunn getting minutes at SG. I think it's just wishful thinking as a way to not cut into Rubios minutes.

It would be out of position. It makes about as much sense as Lavine at PG.

Rubio's minutes need to be cut. His biggest downfall are the injuries(and shooting). Less minutes might keep him healthy.
Post #: 1226
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 11:03:49 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

I'm just not buying into this talk about Dunn getting minutes at SG. I think it's just wishful thinking as a way to not cut into Rubios minutes.

It would be out of position. It makes about as much sense as Lavine at PG.

Rubio's minutes need to be cut. His biggest downfall are the injuries(and shooting). Less minutes might keep him healthy.

Nah. He's had 2 injuries in his career and neither had anything to do with minutes or wear and tear. Both times he played a ton of consecutive games once he was healthy again.
Post #: 1227
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 11:17:40 AM   
Karl Juhnke

I think this article sums up the most likely scenario.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-2016-free-agency-minnesota-timberwolves-kris-dunn-ricky-rubio-trade-rockets-mavericks-sixers-bucks/1l8vi9t2tm2qe1lu3wp0fjggdn

In a couple of weeks once the initial free agent feeding frenzy is over and the dust has settled, and with limited PGs available in free agency to begin with, they will receive more attractive offers for Rubio. I put it at better than 50/50 Rubio is gone within a month.

EDIT: Ha I didn't see that DL already posted this article on the Wolves main thread. Great minds...

< Message edited by Karl Juhnke -- 7/1/2016 12:37:12 PM >

C’mon man
Post #: 1228
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 2:44:36 PM   
David Levine

I think today might make Thibs reconsider.

Even if Dunn somehow beats out Ricky as the starter, Rubio's contract is still a bargain for a top bench player.

And for the next 3 years, we'd be paying less than 20M/year for both guys combined.
Post #: 1229
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 4:40:19 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Even if Dunn somehow beats out Ricky as the starter, Rubio's contract is still a bargain for a top bench player.

And for the next 3 years, we'd be paying less than 20M/year for both guys combined.

Completely agree. Dunn's on his rookie deal and Rubio's contract is a steal for the team. Just leave it alone Thibs!!
Post #: 1230
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 4:46:28 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-2016-free-agency-minnesota-timberwolves-kris-dunn-ricky-rubio-trade-rockets-mavericks-sixers-bucks/1l8vi9t2tm2qe1lu3wp0fjggdn

In a couple of weeks once the initial free agent feeding frenzy is over and the dust has settled, and with limited PGs available in free agency to begin with, they will receive more attractive offers for Rubio. I put it at better than 50/50 Rubio is gone within a month.

EDIT: Ha I didn't see that DL already posted this article on the Wolves main thread. Great minds...

#1 I will bet you $20 that no trade of Rubio takes place before the trade deadline

#2 If you use the phrase great minds, you usually don't include yourself, he would be saying it to you, not you including yourself.

< Message edited by McMurfy -- 7/1/2016 4:49:40 PM >

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 1231
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 4:54:37 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

quote:

#1 I will bet you $20 that no trade of Rubio takes place before the trade deadline

#2 If you use the phrase great minds, you usually don't include yourself, he would be saying it to you, not you including yourself.

But it's so hard to be humble.

C’mon man
Post #: 1232
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 4:56:15 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: shakeywalton

quote:

Completely agree. Dunn's on his rookie deal and Rubio's contract is a steal for the team. Just leave it alone Thibs!!

On the other hand, Rubio's contract just got a lot more valuable to the rest of the league, so it could increase the odds of trading him if we get even more value.
Post #: 1233
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 5:16:39 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

quote:

quote:

On the other hand, Rubio's contract just got a lot more valuable to the rest of the league, so it could increase the odds of trading him if we get even more value.

Depends on the definition of value. I visit RG occasionally and the offers are ridiculous.

For instance, people laugh at Noel for Rubio straight up and Id be pissed if we dealt Rubio for him. He doesn't fit and he'd due a huge raise soon.

IMO, I'd rather pay Deing than Noel.
Post #: 1234
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 5:18:21 PM   
shakeywalton

And as we've already stated here, we are paying Rubio/Dunn less than $20 million over the next 3 years..... Tyus included. Why make a position of strength a weakness when we have other options to improve our DEPTH.
Post #: 1235
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 5:21:52 PM   
shakeywalton

Rumors are the Wolves are very high on Bazemore and are having ongoing discussions. My fear is Thibs has a verbal agreement with Deng and will move Rubio for scraps to fit them both in.
Post #: 1236
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 5:23:06 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

quote:

quote:

That type of thinkng will lead to losing elections to Hillary Clinton

I'll vote for Hillary, but it would be easy to not have to.

Post #: 1237
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 5:26:41 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

Rumors are the Wolves are very high on Bazemore and are having ongoing discussions. My fear is Thibs has a verbal agreement with Deng and will move Rubio for scraps to fit them both in.

You're living under Khan stupidity fear.
If Thibs is as smart as he says he is, and I think he might be, I wouldn't worry about it.

Nobody said this was a young roster that needed to be torn up, they said it had upside as is.

Dunn is to Rubio as McCollum is to Lillarc.
The same but different.
Modern NBA requires three guards, we're now in that club.

Post #: 1238
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 5:27:14 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That type of thinkng will lead to losing elections to Hillary Clinton

I'll vote for Hillary, but it would be easy to not have to.

If MN looks like a purple state, I'll grind my teeth and vote for Hillary. If not, I'm voting for some 3rd party.... probably the Green party. Either that or I'm writing in my dog.
Post #: 1239
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 5:28:28 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

quote:

You're living under Khan stupidity fear.
If Thibs is as smart as he says he is, and I think he might be, I wouldn't worry about it.

Nobody said this was a young roster that needed to be torn up, they said it had upside as is.

Dunn is to Rubio as McCollum is to Lillarc.
The same but different.
Modern NBA requires three guards, we're now in that club.

No clue what you meant by this post.
Post #: 1240
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 5:41:43 PM   
McMurfy

That the stupid past mistakes by the old regime will not be duplicated by the current one.
And when Portland drafted McCollum, around here they said we just redrafted Lillard.
The players were similar but different.
They play together and in a three guard line up all the time, as will Zach, Ricky and Kris.

Post #: 1241
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 5:48:11 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

That the stupid past mistakes by the old regime will not be duplicated by the current one.
And when Portland drafted McCollum, around here they said we just redrafted Lillard.
They play together and in a three guard line up all the time, as will Zach, Ricky and Kris.

Got it, so let's keep all 3 right?
Post #: 1242
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 5:51:51 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

quote:

Yes, in fact Portland just added Evan Turner for $70 million.

Post #: 1243
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 6:00:17 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, in fact Portland just added Evan Turner for $70 million.

And Dwight Howard got 3/70.

Some of these GM's should be institutionalized.
Post #: 1244
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 7:09:00 PM   
David Levine

quote:

I don't want Bazemore.

He's not that good and he's strictly a SG/SF.

Where are the minutes going to come from?
Post #: 1245
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 7:25:24 PM   
David Levine

Rubio on Dunn: There will be an intense competition for the spot, but Kris and I can also play together. I’ve done it before, I’ve played with another point guard by my side [in Spain], and it was a good experience.

Asked directly if there is any chance to be traded to another team before the start of the next season, Ricky didn’t hesitate: "No, there’s not".

------------------

Jon Krawczynski ✔@APkrawczynski
Just hard to see how Rubio gets traded now. His contract makes him a bargain and hear that Thibs wants to work w/him. Expect him in camp
3:27 PM - 1 Jul 2016
Post #: 1246
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 7:45:40 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

Rubio on Dunn: There will be an intense competition for the spot, but Kris and I can also play together. I’ve done it before, I’ve played with another point guard by my side [in Spain], and it was a good experience.

Asked directly if there is any chance to be traded to another team before the start of the next season, Ricky didn’t hesitate: "No, there’s not".

------------------

Just hard to see how Rubio gets traded now. His contract makes him a bargain and hear that Thibs wants to work w/him. Expect him in camp

I believe him. Rubio plays here this year.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1247
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 8:17:05 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

------------------

Really want to see what happens with him running this thing.
Post #: 1248
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 8:33:36 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

------------------

Really want to see what happens with him running this thing.

Rubio's like Dozier, surround him with talent and he'll thrive,
Surround him with crap and he'll leave you asking for more.

I want them both here.

Post #: 1249
RE: 2016 NBA Draft - 7/1/2016 8:54:10 PM   
David Levine

< Message edited by David Levine -- 7/1/2016 8:55:56 PM >
Post #: 1250
Page:   <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: 2016 NBA Draft Page: <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode