Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL Games: 2016-17

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: Other NFL Games: 2016-17 Page: <<   < prev  48 49 50 51 [52]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL Games: 2016-17 - 2/7/2017 11:14:13 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: HL OSWALD

Well if Im the 49ers organization and fans Im a bit uneasy on the hire of Kyle Shanahan right now...

Gave a championship away with pure idiocy. 3 runs and a short FG and they win for sure.

Keep in on the ground, make the clock wind down then kick the fg. There should be no way they are taking sacks and getting holding on another pass play at that point. That was stupid.

But they lost the game because the Defense which played an amazing three quarters was completely gassed at the end.

The offense needed to have some nice long drives. This was the biggest problem of the Vikings Randy Moss years. The offense would score quick...the defense never got a rest...

Falcons will be good for a few years with that team though. Very young. Lots of talent.

3 runs and a 40 yard FG and they're SB champs. Nothing else matters.

Or they could have scored on previous drives that stalled out. Or the Defense could have continued to stop the Patriots from marching down the field and converting TWO 2pt conversions. Or they could have stopped them in overtime. Or...

There are numerous factors that contribute to the loss. Yes, they made a stupid mistake not just running a few times and kicking a FG to put the game out of reach. That was ONE factor of many. Even though they didn't get points there though...the defense couldn't stop a 91 yard drive from scoring the tying TD and 2pt conversion. Why is that? They had a 8 point lead without much time left on the clock. and Brady marched them down the field like the defense wasn't even there. and same thing in the extra frame. Like they weren't there anymore. the Defense was gassed. The offense needed to hold the ball more and be more methodical. They needed to do their defense a favor and get them rest. They didn't and that's why Brady was able to make up a 25 point difference in just a little over a Quarter. When the Falcons needed a long sustained clock eating drive, they got three and outs. When they needed three runs and a field goal they made a coaching blunder and passed into a sack and a holding call that put them out of field goal range. Too many times the Falcons went three and out and their defense was back on the field.

Defense was gassed. Coaches should have recognized that like Brady did, and they should have done what they could to get them a breather.

All I really want is some time to read, a snack and an nap. Basically I want to be in Kindergarden.
Post #: 1276
RE: Other NFL Games: 2016-17 - 2/7/2017 6:49:16 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Maybe we successfully transferred the curse to them.

I'm going with that.

I'll go with that too.
Post #: 1277
Page:   <<   < prev  48 49 50 51 [52]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: Other NFL Games: 2016-17 Page: <<   < prev  48 49 50 51 [52]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode