Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day Page: <<   < prev  107 108 [109] 110 111   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/12/2017 8:29:21 PM   
David Levine

2000/1000/100 for KAT!!!
Post #: 2701
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/12/2017 8:29:27 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: shakeywalton

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Need a loss tomorrow.

A loss guarantees us the 7th lottery slot. A win could potentially bump us to 8th or 9th.

A loss combined with a Knicks win would give us a coin toss for 6th.

I understand that thinking, but I hate that thinking. I'm hoping we win.

A win tonight does NOTHING. I want a crack at the best player we can get this draft as we likely have no pick in 2018 and salary cap strapped.

We need this pick to be a player and then to use our cap space this off-season wisely.

Despite all your CAPS you couldn't be more wrong. A win tonight is a win and I as a fan like to see my team win. Winning breeds winning losing breeds losing. Tanking for better draft picks is for LOSERS.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2702
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/12/2017 8:40:38 PM   
David Levine

Timberwolves PR @Twolves_PR 11m11 minutes ago
With that rebound, KAT becomes the youngest player (15th overall & 1st since Duncan in 01-02) to tally 2k+ points & 1k+ rebounds in a season

Timberwolves @Twolves_PR 8m8 minutes ago
Towns also is now the first player in NBA history to tally 2,000+ points, 1,000+ rebounds, and 100 made three-pointers in a single season.
Post #: 2703
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/12/2017 8:48:57 PM   
David Levine

Ricky comes into tonight shooting 40.2%.

He gets a 100K bonus if he finishes the year above 40%.

I think Thibs sat him to guarantee the bonus.
Post #: 2704
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/12/2017 8:51:38 PM   
David Levine

Game is getting a little too close...
Post #: 2705
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/12/2017 9:12:40 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

I like it.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 2706
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/12/2017 9:25:00 PM   
David Levine

Knicks win, so we're now in a coin flip for 6/7, and Dallas and Sacramento can't catch us.
Post #: 2707
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/12/2017 9:27:49 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

Knicks win, so we're now in a coin flip for 6/7, and Dallas and Sacramento can't catch us.

Saw that. Now let's win the flip.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 2708
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/12/2017 9:52:21 PM   
Matt Lang

Did we prefer the Knicks lost?
Post #: 2709
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/12/2017 10:03:42 PM   
Matt Lang

Nevermind, I figured it out
Post #: 2710
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/12/2017 10:18:59 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

KG, that's why a Wolves win tonight would have been disastrous!!

Try to see the big picture KG.
Post #: 2711
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/12/2017 10:34:38 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

I like it.

This goes a long way with all the players.
Post #: 2712
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/12/2017 10:40:59 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

si.com grades

Minnesota Timberwolves: C–

Record: 31-50 | Midseason Grade: C | Off. Rating: 10 | Def. Rating: 27 | Net: 20

There are some who will rush to label the Timberwolves as one of the league’s biggest disappointments given that they fell way short of preseason Las Vegas projections that pegged them to be a winning team. That’s too harsh. The Timberwolves were a young squad with a new coach and zero track record of playing quality defense. As such, their season wasn’t all that surprising, although the loss of Zach LaVine to a season-ending knee injury qualifies as a body blow.

All signs point to Minnesota making the leap, a la the 2016 Pistons or the 2017 Bucks, next season. Karl-Anthony Towns has become an undeniable force, Ricky Rubio has played perhaps the best ball of his career in recent months and Andrew Wiggins has gradually improved his scoring efficiency. Plus, coach/executive Tom Thibodeau enters the summer with a better understanding of his personnel and the requisite spending power to address his roster’s weaknesses. Sometimes the hype arrives one year too early for young teams. Bank on Minnesota doing bigger things in 2018.

Pretty fair assessment.

The two things that give me hope for the future are Towns and whatever happened to Rubio to turn him into a scoring threat.
Post #: 2713
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/12/2017 11:23:57 PM  1 votes
shakeywalton

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Need a loss tomorrow.

A loss guarantees us the 7th lottery slot. A win could potentially bump us to 8th or 9th.

A loss combined with a Knicks win would give us a coin toss for 6th.

I understand that thinking, but I hate that thinking. I'm hoping we win.

A win tonight does NOTHING. I want a crack at the best player we can get this draft as we likely have no pick in 2018 and salary cap strapped.

We need this pick to be a player and then to use our cap space this off-season wisely.

Despite all your CAPS you couldn't be more wrong. A win tonight is a win and I as a fan like to see my team win. Winning breeds winning losing breeds losing. Tanking for better draft picks is for LOSERS.

Ummm "All my Caps"...?????

I noted ONE SINGLE word in CAPS. KG.... you losing it again?
Post #: 2714
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/14/2017 10:31:13 AM   
David Levine

Just like every other coach that wanted to trade Rubio until they spent coaching him, it appears Thibs may have seen the light:

Timberwolves PR ✔ @Twolves_PR
Thibodeau on Rubio: "Until you coach him, you don't really know him." Says he improves because of his work ethic.
7:23 AM - 14 Apr 2017 · Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2715
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/14/2017 10:50:07 AM   
David Levine

Presser video here (it starts around the 7:40 mark):

https://www.facebook.com/MNTimberwolves/videos/10154766355814261/
Post #: 2716
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/14/2017 10:56:22 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Just like every other coach that wanted to trade Rubio until they spent coaching him, it appears Thibs may have seen the light:

Thibodeau on Rubio: "Until you coach him, you don't really know him." Says he improves because of his work ethic.

Amen
Finally solving our ball control and distribution problem.
Don't mess that up, please
Post #: 2717
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/14/2017 11:13:38 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan
quote:

Amen

You would think trading Ricky away wouldn't fix the depth issue either....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2718
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/14/2017 11:46:52 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan
quote:

Amen

You would think trading Ricky away wouldn't fix the depth issue either....

Esp when you factor in Dunn's limited ability in the half court offense.

Ricky is a wizard with the BB and now that his shooting has improved one can easily bump him up into the conversation as one of the better PG's in the league.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2719
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/14/2017 2:47:18 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

Like I would be absolutely thrilled if Dunn could turn into Patrick Beverley.

Defensive bulldog, bit of a dick, not really a PG, but can be a functional secondary ballhandler and a limited offensive player, but a killer from 3.

I think a lot of it has to do with his confidence.

I also think once he has that confidence, he just might be great taking the ball to the basket.
Post #: 2720
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/14/2017 2:51:53 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

Defensive bulldog, bit of a dick, not really a PG, but can be a functional secondary ballhandler and a limited offensive player, but a killer from 3.

I also think once he has that confidence, he just might be great taking the ball to the basket.

I hope so. Because right now he struggles mightily to get all the way to the rim, and is a poor finisher when he gets there.

He's got the size and strength to do it, just not the handle or touch.
Post #: 2721
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/14/2017 3:07:06 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

quote:

quote:

I hope so. Because right now he struggles mightily to get all the way to the rim, and is a poor finisher when he gets there.

I sometimes see a kid who's used to dominating and has the skill to do it at times but lacks the confidence. He has the handles to do it, he just needs to clean it up a bit.

Remember, it's his rookie year and he wasn't given a real long leash to mess up. Let's give it a little time.
Post #: 2722
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/14/2017 3:12:55 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I sometimes see a kid who's used to dominating and has the skill to do it at times but lacks the confidence. He has the handles to do it, he just needs to clean it up a bit.

Remember, it's his rookie year and he wasn't given a real long leash to mess up. Let's give it a little time.

I get that, but you also have to take into account his lengthy college career that featured many of the same red flags.

I'd also be much more forgiving if he was a 19 or 20 year old kid that was a 1-and-done. But he's already 23 - which makes it less likely that he's going to pick up things he should've learned as a teenager.

And his handle needs a ton of work. Its a mess. Too high, too far from his body and he loses control of the ball far too easily. For example, the kid has an absolutely wicked crossover. He can drop a guy on his ass with it. BUT, so far the only thing he's been able to get with it is turning a guarded 15 footer into a less guarded 17 footer.
Post #: 2723
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/14/2017 3:44:21 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I get that, but you also have to take into account his lengthy college career that featured many of the same red flags.

I'd also be much more forgiving if he was a 19 or 20 year old kid that was a 1-and-done. But he's already 23 - which makes it less likely that he's going to pick up things he should've learned as a teenager.

And his handle needs a ton of work. Its a mess. Too high, too far from his body and he loses control of the ball far too easily. For example, the kid has an absolutely wicked crossover. He can drop a guy on his ass with it. BUT, so far the only thing he's been able to get with it is turning a guarded 15 footer into a less guarded 17 footer.

His wicked crossover shows me he has the ability to clean up his handles if he puts in the work.

His age isn't a concern of mine at all. To me he's still a rookie who didn't get a lot of playing time.
Post #: 2724
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/14/2017 3:51:21 PM   
David Levine

quote:

His wicked crossover shows me he has the ability to clean up his handles if he puts in the work.

Flash over substance. Not a good sign. If you can't do the basics, fancier moves do you no good. All it shows me is that he spent WAY too much time working on his crossover.

quote:

His age isn't a concern of mine at all. To me he's still a rookie who didn't get a lot of playing time.

He still played 3000 minutes in college and over 1300 this year.

I'm not saying he's a finished product but there is no reason to assume he's going to buck the trend of old rookies developing much less than young ones. Especially at PG where its much harder to get by on god-given talent than any other position.
Post #: 2725
Page:   <<   < prev  107 108 [109] 110 111   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day Page: <<   < prev  107 108 [109] 110 111   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode