Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day Page: <<   < prev  107 108 109 110 [111]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/17/2017 7:50:40 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: ruffenach

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sandman

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: shakeywalton

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Lance Stephenson with 16-7-3 in first game of playoffs against Cavs. I think Wolves could use him, but the Pacers just seem like the right team for him.

I saw that too. IMO it was a BAD move to not sign him for next season... and possibly beyond.

There must have been something about Lance that Thibs did not like. I think being constantly injured may have been a factor, hard to tell. He seemed like a low risk signing. Maybe Lance did not like it here.

The guy is a living, breathing injury. No thanks. Indiana can have him. I was very intrigued when they signed him. But I saw enough. No thanks.

I am inclined to agree with you and Dave that Lance will never be in physical condition to play without spending most of the season on the DL. A vet minimum contract would be ok, but the contract that Indiana gave him was too rich for my blood.

He's probably too big a risk, but wish we had some guys that play with his attitude.

Dunn does - but without the selfishness or knuckleheadedness.
Post #: 2751
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/17/2017 8:00:47 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lance Stephenson with 16-7-3 in first game of playoffs against Cavs. I think Wolves could use him, but the Pacers just seem like the right team for him.

I saw that too. IMO it was a BAD move to not sign him for next season... and possibly beyond.

There must have been something about Lance that Thibs did not like. I think being constantly injured may have been a factor, hard to tell. He seemed like a low risk signing. Maybe Lance did not like it here.

The guy is a living, breathing injury. No thanks. Indiana can have him. I was very intrigued when they signed him. But I saw enough. No thanks.

I am inclined to agree with you and Dave that Lance will never be in physical condition to play without spending most of the season on the DL. A vet minimum contract would be ok, but the contract that Indiana gave him was too rich for my blood.

He's probably too big a risk, but wish we had some guys that play with his attitude.

Close, but we need more than 1 and Dunn hasn't earned enough minutes yet.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 2752
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/17/2017 8:17:18 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Right, but Dunn has the type of attitude I want. He'll stand up to anyone and won't let anyone push him around. He's a legit tough guy.

Lance, on the other hand, is just kind of nuts. His is the type of crazy that will cost you a an important game. Plus he's all about himself. Always knows exactly what his stats are, always seems more concerned with padding them. Not to mention a super ugly past concerning women he's abused...
Post #: 2753
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/17/2017 8:29:58 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Right, but Dunn has the type of attitude I want. He'll stand up to anyone and won't let anyone push him around. He's a legit tough guy.

Lance, on the other hand, is just kind of nuts. His is the type of crazy that will cost you a an important game. Plus he's all about himself. Always knows exactly what his stats are, always seems more concerned with padding them. Not to mention a super ugly past concerning women he's abused...

No question that Dunn is a tough guy. We need more.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 2754
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/18/2017 6:46:04 AM   
Elliot

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The team in general was too young this year to provide sufficient guardrails for Stephenson. And he needs them.

Eventually, they should get there but having a few guys like Tyson Chandler or Aaron Afflalo to provide veteran leadership is what would be necessary to keep a guy like Lance from being more positive than negative.

Life is just what happens to you,
While you're busy making other plans

~ John Lennon
Post #: 2755
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 4/18/2017 9:21:28 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elliot

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The team in general was too young this year to provide sufficient guardrails for Stephenson. And he needs them.

Eventually, they should get there but having a few guys like Tyson Chandler or Aaron Afflalo to provide veteran leadership is what would be necessary to keep a guy like Lance from being more positive than negative.

I think you meant more negative than positive.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2756
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 5/4/2017 11:23:19 AM   
David Levine

Good stuff:

A Day With The Big KAT

http://www.canishoopus.com/2017/5/4/15473852/we-spent-a-day-with-the-big-kat-karl-anthony-towns
Post #: 2757
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 1/30/2018 11:05:18 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Happy birthday, DL. Love your stuff.

Still do

55% of Republicans think the Earth is 5,000 years old. All kinds of people believe all kinds of crazy things. You just gotta move on, man.

-James Carville - 12/15/20 - The Beat with Ari Melber
Post #: 2758
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 1/30/2018 11:09:57 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

All that said, I really want to find a player that allows Wiggins to actually play SG (and thus defend and/or be defended by the smaller opposing wing).

Isaac, Jackson or Bridges in the draft could do the trick.

Taj would be a good fit.

I called it.

55% of Republicans think the Earth is 5,000 years old. All kinds of people believe all kinds of crazy things. You just gotta move on, man.

Post #: 2759
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 1/30/2018 11:18:54 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

What are the chances the Wolves sign Taj this offseason? Never been a more perfect fit. Sign him and we're a 6 seed.

I lowballed. 4 or 5 seed.

Post #: 2760
Page:   <<   < prev  107 108 109 110 [111]
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day Page: <<   < prev  107 108 109 110 [111]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode