Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/1/2016 8:09:45 PM   
Mr. Ed

Pretty sad that 2 starters already getting the night off for Memphis for whatever reason.

Fortunate for MN. Maybe some payback if they can hold serve the rest of the way for the game that got away earlier vs them.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 76
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/1/2016 8:22:59 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

Pretty sad that 2 starters already getting the night off for Memphis for whatever reason.

Fortunate for MN. Maybe some payback if they can hold serve the rest of the way for the game that got away earlier vs them.

I was thinking that too. Can't remember seeing starters sit this early in the season...I'd be pissed if I was there.

Maybe the creepy Commissioner/Silver Surfer/Alien dude will say something.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 77
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/1/2016 8:24:46 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

quote:

I was thinking that too. Can't remember seeing starters sit this early in the season...I'd be pissed if I was there.

Alien, yes

Silver Surfer is too cool to be compared to that Dude. (yes, i know the name is Silver, but the Surfer is way cooler).

Escape while you can!
Post #: 78
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/1/2016 8:37:07 PM   
David Levine

Dunn having a nice game.

2 rebounds away from a 4x5.
Post #: 79
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/1/2016 8:42:01 PM   
David Levine

Wolves up by 40.

With only 8 bench points...
Post #: 80
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/1/2016 8:45:12 PM   
David Levine

Lead down to 27 and Thibs is pissed.

KAT needs to play smarter. He's still pressing and trying to do too much.
Post #: 81
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/1/2016 8:52:46 PM   
David Levine

Can't believe Deyonta Davis fell to the 2nd round. I really wanted to acquire a mid 1st to draft him.

He moves incredibly well for a guy his size.
Post #: 82
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 12:07:48 AM   
Black 47

The NBA needs to put it's foot down on resting players. What Memphis did tonight is disgusting. Happy we won but I want to beat them with their best. Its the second damn week of the season and Memphis basically forfeited tonight.
Post #: 83
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 7:05:38 AM   
Karl Juhnke

What ever happened to trying to sweep a back to back? Now it comes down to deciding which game you want to forfeit.

Unless he had delusions that his team could still be competitive without those guys. They probably figured, hey Pop does it with San Antonio and they still pull off wins sometimes.

Well I got news for him. He ain't Pop and his team ain't the Spurs. I'm glad the Wolves gave them a thorough beat down. I hope he takes flak for it.

< Message edited by Karl Juhnke -- 11/2/2016 10:05:15 AM >

C’mon man
Post #: 84
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 10:05:34 AM   
David Levine

I sort of get it.

2 guys coming off offseason surgery, 4 games in 5 nights early in the year, rather have them available for their home game tonight, etc.

It still sucks, and I feel bad for the fans that paid full price (or travelled) to see an exhibition game.
Post #: 85
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 10:12:32 AM   
Black 47

That's the thing. When fans are paying full price you shouldn't be allowed to do that. Keep their
mpg average down. Don't sit them entire games. And back to backs should be eliminated from the schedule. Start the season earlier if need be. Back to backs suck. Maybe back to back home games are OK, but traveling? Just stupid.
Post #: 86
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 10:17:49 AM   
DavidAOlson

It's all about the money, money, money...

Mo' games, mo' money, mo' problems.

They're playing too many games. The scheduling forces back-to-backs and stretches with way too many games, even for incredible athletes to manage. But they can't cut back or they make less money. So teams have to rest guys to make it work.

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 87
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 10:27:22 AM   
ruffenach

quote:

ORIGINAL: DavidAOlson

It's all about the money, money, money...

Mo' games, mo' money, mo' problems.

They're playing too many games. The scheduling forces back-to-backs and stretches with way too many games, even for incredible athletes to manage. But they can't cut back or they make less money. So teams have to rest guys to make it work.

They played the same number of games, when the money was a lot less than it is now. Players are playing longer and they are more injured due to all this hacking. If the fans want the hacking and the injuries due to it and just the mass of the players and the speed of the game, player need time to recover from injuries. Its a mixed bag.
Post #: 88
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 10:32:35 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Black 47

That's the thing. When fans are paying full price you shouldn't be allowed to do that. Keep their
mpg average down
. Don't sit them entire games. And back to backs should be eliminated from the schedule. Start the season earlier if need be. Back to backs suck. Maybe back to back home games are OK, but traveling? Just stupid.

The problem with that is, how do you control minutes? Do you not put your stud player back in a tight game because he's hit his minutes allocation?
Post #: 89
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 11:19:43 AM   
Black 47

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

mpg average down
. Don't sit them entire games. And back to backs should be eliminated from the schedule. Start the season earlier if need be. Back to backs suck. Maybe back to back home games are OK, but traveling? Just stupid.

The problem with that is, how do you control minutes? Do you not put your stud player back in a tight game because he's hit his minutes allocation?

Well you don't pull them in crunch time. You structure their minutes so they're entering the game at crunch time. Kind of like Garnett starting and finishing both halfs.
Post #: 90
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 11:21:41 AM   
Black 47

I can't help but think KG could have helped this team. Very bummed out he's gone.
Post #: 91
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 11:23:01 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

mpg average down

Well you don't pull them in crunch time. You structure their minutes so they're entering the game at crunch time. Kind of like Garnett starting and finishing both halfs.

I'm not sure you can plan for that though.

The season really is too long.
Post #: 92
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 11:53:37 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: ruffenach

Looks like the Wolves have signed Deing for a 4 year 64 million dollar contract. Averages 16 million per season. New normal contract.

Wow. Yeah, good for Gorrgui, but it's hard to get used to these numbers in today's NBA.

16 Million a year is in the ridiculous world of NBA contracts a bargain for Gorgui.

Unless you've been to an Owner's house, or in my case an owner's Jackson Hole "Lodge", and then it starts to become more palatable.

Have you been to an owners Jackson Hole lodge? Sounds cool. My Great Uncle Paul Petzoldt is a legend in those parts. I went there for his memorial.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 93
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 11:58:11 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

I sort of get it.

2 guys coming off offseason surgery, 4 games in 5 nights early in the year, rather have them available for their home game tonight, etc.

It still sucks, and I feel bad for the fans that paid full price (or travelled) to see an exhibition game.

Baseball has always given a periodic game off but it might be 2-3 games off for a season of 162 games is it. It really does suck when you see a team as has been stated forfeiting a game.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 94
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 2:23:25 PM   
wrh

quote:

quote:

I sort of get it.

Baseball has always given a periodic game off but it might be 2-3 games off for a season of 162 games is it. It really does suck when you see a team as has been stated forfeiting a game.

While I agree people get to "feel" however they want, I personally get that with the advances in training and conditioning teams are realizing that the occassional day off is a valuable tool in the NBA. Disappointment is worse when your $150M star is sitting behind the bench in street clothes. Its the future, I suggest you get used to it.

I haven't followed baseball in decades, but did growing up. I remember Denny McLain winning 30 games in the late sixties using what? 2 days rest between starts. Ain't ever going to happen again guys! Simple truth, people want to see peak performance from their athletes; the drive for more money by the owners and players runs completely counter to this. This will always be a compromise. As long as the coach's concern is relative standing for the WHOLE season it will lead them to rest players to get the most out of the team, disappointed fans be well, disappointed.
Post #: 95
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 3:00:55 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: ruffenach

Looks like the Wolves have signed Deing for a 4 year 64 million dollar contract. Averages 16 million per season. New normal contract.

Wow. Yeah, good for Gorrgui, but it's hard to get used to these numbers in today's NBA.

16 Million a year is in the ridiculous world of NBA contracts a bargain for Gorgui.

Unless you've been to an Owner's house, or in my case an owner's Jackson Hole "Lodge", and then it starts to become more palatable.

Have you been to an owners Jackson Hole lodge? Sounds cool. My Great Uncle Paul Petzoldt is a legend in those parts. I went there for his memorial.

The ouside of one of the Maloof Brothers, in the same gated community as Tim Geitner, the King of Jordan, Dick Cheney's , and a Johnson, of Johnson and Johnson.

Post #: 96
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 3:55:17 PM   
SoMnFan

That's one of the greatest and weirdest lists I've ever seen, Murf.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 97
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 4:28:16 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

This may shed some light on why they are all "neighbors"

WYOMING IS #1 TAX FRIENDLY
WHY WYOMING? NUMBER ONE TAX FRIENDLY

There are plenty of reasons to want to own a home in Wyoming: the mountains, the black hills, the big rivers, trophy hunting and fishing, our national parks and substantial public lands, the grand vistas, abundant wildlife and friendly fun-loving communities. The relaxed lifestyle we live here is annually, sometimes more so, touched by the reality of TAXES. We as Wyoming residents are better off than most, and have been cited by Bloomberg Wealth Management as “the most friendly tax state in the country”. We have more disposable income to enjoy our touched lifestyles because we have chosen to live in Wyoming.

Just what makes us so friendly? The ten best reasons are:

1. NO STATE INCOME TAX: Including no state tax on personal or corporate income.

2. DYNASTY TRUSTS: A dynasty trust administered in Wyoming can shield your real estate from federal estate taxes for up to 1000 years. Establishing a trust in Wyoming for the benefit of your family or other beneficiaries, transferring real estate into an LLC or family partnership placed into the dynasty trust can continue shelter for 1000 years. This means your generations to come can enjoy and use the property without having to pay estate taxes or worse yet, sell the place to pay the taxes. (Trusts also protect assets from federal taxes following death of the Trustee.) If you own property, you should seriously consider having a trust in place.

3. NO INHERITANCE TAX: The very limited estate tax Wyoming can collect is tied to the federal estate tax credit, and has to be a very large estate before that would kick in, so essentially Wyoming does not collect inheritance tax.

4. NO STATE GIFT TAX: You can “gift” real estate to heirs without worry of a state gift tax.

5. NO TAX ON OUT OF STATE RETIREMENT INCOME: Wyoming does not tax retirement income earned outside of Wyoming.

6. LOW PROPERTY TAXES: Compared to other states, even with the recent changes we all saw in our proposed taxes this spring, we are very low. Wyoming mandates how property shall be valued, the state has a formula for calculation of market values every county must abide by, hence the changes we saw this spring. In Crook County the market value is multiplied by .095 (tax rate), that number is your assessed value. The assessed value is multipled by (mil levy) of .0615 (or .0695 inside corporate city limits). This final number is your tax dollar. The mil levy is set (annually) by the county commissioners based on county budget and not to exceed 12 mils as mandated by Wyoming. So if your taxes are too high, the county commissioners are the ones in the power of making an across the board adjustment to offset increases we saw.

7. NO EXCISE TAX: When you fill up at the pumps or head to the grocery store in Wyoming you will not pay any state tax on your gas or food.

8. NO TAX ON MINERAL OWNERSHIP: Many states charge mineral owners a tax on mineral ownership, Wyoming does not.

9. NO INTANGIBLE TAX: That means no tax on financial assets such as stocks or bonds.

10. NO TAX ON THE SALE OF REAL ESTATE: No doc tax or stamp tax as many other states.

With the changes in our economy over the past three decades, everyone is looking for a way to protect assets and preserve income for maintaining their lifestyle in their golden years, as well comfort and enjoyment in the platinum years we are all living to anymore. Across the country for many decades farms and ranches have been lost due to taxes. With education we are finding ways to protect our property for our future generations. More and more people looking to protect and preserve their quality of life are finding Wyoming has the most to offer. Our friendly status also allows more disposable income to invest in real estate, build a nest egg, or enjoy life more with creature comforts.

Post #: 98
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 7:03:42 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

quote:

Don't really understand why MN fans would be pissed off about this? When I went to Wolves games I really never cared about the oppositions lineup except for the one-time I saw Jordan's last game in MN.
Post #: 99
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 7:08:19 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

This may shed some light on why they are all "neighbors"

WYOMING IS #1 TAX FRIENDLY
WHY WYOMING? NUMBER ONE TAX FRIENDLY

There are plenty of reasons to want to own a home in Wyoming: the mountains, the black hills, the big rivers, trophy hunting and fishing, our national parks and substantial public lands, the grand vistas, abundant wildlife and friendly fun-loving communities. The relaxed lifestyle we live here is annually, sometimes more so, touched by the reality of TAXES. We as Wyoming residents are better off than most, and have been cited by Bloomberg Wealth Management as “the most friendly tax state in the country”. We have more disposable income to enjoy our touched lifestyles because we have chosen to live in Wyoming.

Just what makes us so friendly? The ten best reasons are:

1. NO STATE INCOME TAX: Including no state tax on personal or corporate income.

2. DYNASTY TRUSTS: A dynasty trust administered in Wyoming can shield your real estate from federal estate taxes for up to 1000 years. Establishing a trust in Wyoming for the benefit of your family or other beneficiaries, transferring real estate into an LLC or family partnership placed into the dynasty trust can continue shelter for 1000 years. This means your generations to come can enjoy and use the property without having to pay estate taxes or worse yet, sell the place to pay the taxes. (Trusts also protect assets from federal taxes following death of the Trustee.) If you own property, you should seriously consider having a trust in place.

3. NO INHERITANCE TAX: The very limited estate tax Wyoming can collect is tied to the federal estate tax credit, and has to be a very large estate before that would kick in, so essentially Wyoming does not collect inheritance tax.

4. NO STATE GIFT TAX: You can “gift” real estate to heirs without worry of a state gift tax.

5. NO TAX ON OUT OF STATE RETIREMENT INCOME: Wyoming does not tax retirement income earned outside of Wyoming.

6. LOW PROPERTY TAXES: Compared to other states, even with the recent changes we all saw in our proposed taxes this spring, we are very low. Wyoming mandates how property shall be valued, the state has a formula for calculation of market values every county must abide by, hence the changes we saw this spring. In Crook County the market value is multiplied by .095 (tax rate), that number is your assessed value. The assessed value is multipled by (mil levy) of .0615 (or .0695 inside corporate city limits). This final number is your tax dollar. The mil levy is set (annually) by the county commissioners based on county budget and not to exceed 12 mils as mandated by Wyoming. So if your taxes are too high, the county commissioners are the ones in the power of making an across the board adjustment to offset increases we saw.

7. NO EXCISE TAX: When you fill up at the pumps or head to the grocery store in Wyoming you will not pay any state tax on your gas or food.

8. NO TAX ON MINERAL OWNERSHIP: Many states charge mineral owners a tax on mineral ownership, Wyoming does not.

9. NO INTANGIBLE TAX: That means no tax on financial assets such as stocks or bonds.

10. NO TAX ON THE SALE OF REAL ESTATE: No doc tax or stamp tax as many other states.

With the changes in our economy over the past three decades, everyone is looking for a way to protect assets and preserve income for maintaining their lifestyle in their golden years, as well comfort and enjoyment in the platinum years we are all living to anymore. Across the country for many decades farms and ranches have been lost due to taxes. With education we are finding ways to protect our property for our future generations. More and more people looking to protect and preserve their quality of life are finding Wyoming has the most to offer. Our friendly status also allows more disposable income to invest in real estate, build a nest egg, or enjoy life more with creature comforts.

Not to mention, outside of AZ, UT..... might be the most beautiful state in the Union.
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode