Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 7:29:02 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: ruffenach

Looks like the Wolves have signed Deing for a 4 year 64 million dollar contract. Averages 16 million per season. New normal contract.

Wow. Yeah, good for Gorrgui, but it's hard to get used to these numbers in today's NBA.

16 Million a year is in the ridiculous world of NBA contracts a bargain for Gorgui.

Unless you've been to an Owner's house, or in my case an owner's Jackson Hole "Lodge", and then it starts to become more palatable.

Have you been to an owners Jackson Hole lodge? Sounds cool. My Great Uncle Paul Petzoldt is a legend in those parts. I went there for his memorial.

Jackson Hole is on my very short list of ski resorts I haven't been to yet but want to go next.

C’mon man
Post #: 101
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 7:34:55 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: shakeywalton

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

Pretty sad that 2 starters already getting the night off for Memphis for whatever reason.

Fortunate for MN. Maybe some payback if they can hold serve the rest of the way for the game that got away earlier vs them.

I was thinking that too. Can't remember seeing starters sit this early in the season...I'd be pissed if I was there.

Maybe the creepy Commissioner/Silver Surfer/Alien dude will say something.

Don't really understand why MN fans would be pissed off about this? When I went to Wolves games I really never cared about the oppositions lineup except for the one-time I saw Jordan's last game in MN.

People want to see stars. Especially in basketball where you're so close to the action. I'll never forget going to the Wolves/Magic game in Shaq's rookie season. It was amazing seeing a guy that big that was so agile, was beating guards down the floor, was diving for loose balls. It just doesn't translate on TV. You just can't appreciate the distance seeing Curry launch 3s from 2 feet behind the line on TV the way you can in real life.

I'm sure some people don't care. They only want to see their players, and they want to see a win more than a good game. But for a lot of people its the experience of seeing the best players in the world - not a near DLeague squad.

There is a reason the games against great teams/teams with superstars sellout faster league-wide than the games you're expected to win.
Post #: 102
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 7:56:10 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Pretty sad that 2 starters already getting the night off for Memphis for whatever reason.

Fortunate for MN. Maybe some payback if they can hold serve the rest of the way for the game that got away earlier vs them.

I was thinking that too. Can't remember seeing starters sit this early in the season...I'd be pissed if I was there.

Don't really understand why MN fans would be pissed off about this? When I went to Wolves games I really never cared about the oppositions lineup except for the one-time I saw Jordan's last game in MN.

People want to see stars. Especially in basketball where you're so close to the action. I'll never forget going to the Wolves/Magic game in Shaq's rookie season. It was amazing seeing a guy that big that was so agile, was beating guards down the floor, was diving for loose balls. It just doesn't translate on TV. You just can't appreciate the distance seeing Curry launch 3s from 2 feet behind the line on TV the way you can in real life.

I'm sure some people don't care. They only want to see their players, and they want to see a win more than a good game. But for a lot of people its the experience of seeing the best players in the world - not a near DLeague squad.

There is a reason the games against great teams/teams with superstars sellout faster league-wide than the games you're expected to win.

Conley and Gasol are very good players but not the generational players like Shaq and Jordan.

Watching the game last night without those 2 didn't bother me at all.
Post #: 103
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/2/2016 7:58:15 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Conley and Gasol are very good players but not the generational players like Shaq and Jordan.

Watching the game last night without those 2 didn't bother me at all.

And that's fine, but can you understand how others would be?
Post #: 104
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/3/2016 11:02:18 AM   
twinsfan

Without looking it up, name the Nuggets' entire starting 5.

55% of Republicans think the Earth is 5,000 years old. All kinds of people believe all kinds of crazy things. You just gotta move on, man.

-James Carville - 12/15/20 - The Beat with Ari Melber
Post #: 105
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/3/2016 11:15:45 AM   
David Levine

Nurkic
Jokic
Gallinari
Barton
Mudiay

Nurkic and Jokic are a blast to watch.
Post #: 106
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/3/2016 5:07:39 PM   
SoMnFan

Should be a fun test tonight

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 107
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/3/2016 6:48:50 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

That's one of the greatest and weirdest lists I've ever seen, Murf.

This may shed some light on why they are all "neighbors"

WYOMING IS #1 TAX FRIENDLY
WHY WYOMING? NUMBER ONE TAX FRIENDLY

There are plenty of reasons to want to own a home in Wyoming: the mountains, the black hills, the big rivers, trophy hunting and fishing, our national parks and substantial public lands, the grand vistas, abundant wildlife and friendly fun-loving communities. The relaxed lifestyle we live here is annually, sometimes more so, touched by the reality of TAXES. We as Wyoming residents are better off than most, and have been cited by Bloomberg Wealth Management as “the most friendly tax state in the country”. We have more disposable income to enjoy our touched lifestyles because we have chosen to live in Wyoming.

Just what makes us so friendly? The ten best reasons are:

1. NO STATE INCOME TAX: Including no state tax on personal or corporate income.

2. DYNASTY TRUSTS: A dynasty trust administered in Wyoming can shield your real estate from federal estate taxes for up to 1000 years. Establishing a trust in Wyoming for the benefit of your family or other beneficiaries, transferring real estate into an LLC or family partnership placed into the dynasty trust can continue shelter for 1000 years. This means your generations to come can enjoy and use the property without having to pay estate taxes or worse yet, sell the place to pay the taxes. (Trusts also protect assets from federal taxes following death of the Trustee.) If you own property, you should seriously consider having a trust in place.

3. NO INHERITANCE TAX: The very limited estate tax Wyoming can collect is tied to the federal estate tax credit, and has to be a very large estate before that would kick in, so essentially Wyoming does not collect inheritance tax.

4. NO STATE GIFT TAX: You can “gift” real estate to heirs without worry of a state gift tax.

5. NO TAX ON OUT OF STATE RETIREMENT INCOME: Wyoming does not tax retirement income earned outside of Wyoming.

6. LOW PROPERTY TAXES: Compared to other states, even with the recent changes we all saw in our proposed taxes this spring, we are very low. Wyoming mandates how property shall be valued, the state has a formula for calculation of market values every county must abide by, hence the changes we saw this spring. In Crook County the market value is multiplied by .095 (tax rate), that number is your assessed value. The assessed value is multipled by (mil levy) of .0615 (or .0695 inside corporate city limits). This final number is your tax dollar. The mil levy is set (annually) by the county commissioners based on county budget and not to exceed 12 mils as mandated by Wyoming. So if your taxes are too high, the county commissioners are the ones in the power of making an across the board adjustment to offset increases we saw.

7. NO EXCISE TAX: When you fill up at the pumps or head to the grocery store in Wyoming you will not pay any state tax on your gas or food.

8. NO TAX ON MINERAL OWNERSHIP: Many states charge mineral owners a tax on mineral ownership, Wyoming does not.

9. NO INTANGIBLE TAX: That means no tax on financial assets such as stocks or bonds.

10. NO TAX ON THE SALE OF REAL ESTATE: No doc tax or stamp tax as many other states.

With the changes in our economy over the past three decades, everyone is looking for a way to protect assets and preserve income for maintaining their lifestyle in their golden years, as well comfort and enjoyment in the platinum years we are all living to anymore. Across the country for many decades farms and ranches have been lost due to taxes. With education we are finding ways to protect our property for our future generations. More and more people looking to protect and preserve their quality of life are finding Wyoming has the most to offer. Our friendly status also allows more disposable income to invest in real estate, build a nest egg, or enjoy life more with creature comforts.

I know Harrison Ford has a place out there as well. Those tax laws probably do have a lot to do with it.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 108
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/3/2016 6:49:49 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

I care because I want to win against actual NBA lineups. A win against scrubs is better than a loss, but leaves a lot to be desired.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 109
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/3/2016 7:04:36 PM   
Karl Juhnke

It's official. Just secured tickets to Wolves @ Brooklyn on Tuesday.

These vagabond shoes, are longing to stray...

C’mon man
Post #: 110
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/3/2016 7:27:02 PM   
Karl Juhnke

Towns looking much better tonight.

C’mon man
Post #: 111
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/3/2016 8:34:24 PM   
McMurfy

quote:

Not onTV here, but a great stat line.

How's Dunn looking?

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 112
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/3/2016 9:11:35 PM   
Corleone

You can almost see the steam coming out of Thibs' ears...horrible D.

Total
System
Failure
Post #: 113
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/3/2016 9:27:57 PM   
El Duderino

I'm going to call it now. LaVine is a stud. He's not perfect - because he's young. He has all of the intangibles to make the most of his (not inconsiderable) physical gifts, and I see not reason to think he won't. I will be absolutely shocked if he's not considered a top 20 player by the time he hits his prime. Decent shot to be top 10 or even top 5 at his peak.

The Dude Abides
Post #: 114
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/3/2016 9:30:03 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

quote:

Not onTV here, but a great stat line.

How's Dunn looking?

Well, Tyus is playing down the stretch. That should give you an idea.

C’mon man
Post #: 115
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/3/2016 9:33:15 PM   
El Duderino

Great D by LaVine there.

The Dude Abides
Post #: 116
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/3/2016 9:33:18 PM   
Corleone

Lacking composure

Total
System
Failure
Post #: 117
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/3/2016 9:35:21 PM   
El Duderino

Rough end. 3rd quarter kills them again.

The Dude Abides
Post #: 118
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/4/2016 7:11:22 AM   
SoMnFan

Man, this Groundhog Day stuff has to stop boys.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 119
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/4/2016 8:13:40 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Murph has it right.

Meet the new boss,
Same as the old boss.

They're NEVER going to get far this way. No matter the coach.

The culture has to change.

Sound familiar??

Escape while you can!
Post #: 120
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/4/2016 8:19:18 AM   
Karl Juhnke

Their half court game is still lacking definition and purpose, yet they seem hesitant to use their youth and athleticism to their advantage and run the floor too. Still way too many jump shots. When they go in, great. But you can't live that way.

They missed Rubio last night. Or at least good Rubio. He would have helped.

C’mon man
Post #: 121
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/4/2016 9:03:41 AM   
drew

We are a mess in the halfcourt, and I think Karl is right. When Rubio is in we are much better in the halfcourt. I like Dunn a lot, but right now we don't have any motion or rhythm in our halfcourt offense. Way too much iso ball and KAT was as guilty as anyone last night.

We need to get out in transition. Problem is, to do that you need to get stops and rebounds.
Post #: 122
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/4/2016 9:11:05 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Murph has it right.

Meet the new boss,
Same as the old boss.

Sound familiar??

OK, let's step back in off the ledge guys. We are 4 games into a season with a team who's star players are all 20-21 years old, learning a new system from a new coach. Thibs has a proven track record. Let it play out for a while before we run with the same shit, different year mentality. A culture doesn't change over night. 21 year olds don't wake up one morning during training camp and start playing like seasoned vets.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 123
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/4/2016 9:31:28 AM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Murph has it right.

Meet the new boss,
Same as the old boss.

Sound familiar??

OK, let's step back in off the ledge guys. We are 4 games into a season with a team who's star players are all 20-21 years old, learning a new system from a new coach. Thibs has a proven track record. Let it play out for a while before we run with the same shit, different year mentality. A culture doesn't change over night. 21 year olds don't wake up one morning during training camp and start playing like seasoned vets.

Oh I agree totally. I would almost say I'm glad they're going through this early. All the losses have been close. If they would have played these exact games in the exact same way but somehow eked out wins...which they very easily could have, it would have masked that they still have a lot of work to do. An attitude could creep in of "We've arrived. Look we're winning. We got this all figured out". When in fact they do not.

C’mon man
Post #: 124
RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day - 11/4/2016 9:33:52 AM   
drew

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Murph has it right.

Meet the new boss,
Same as the old boss.

Sound familiar??

Yes.
Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2016 Game Day Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode