Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2017 Free Agency

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2017 Free Agency Page: <<   < prev  131 132 133 [134] 135   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/17/2017 2:18:03 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Burns

Interesting items on Will Sutton. Maybe more of a run stuffer than a 3 technique.

•A 2014 third-round pick of the Bears, DT Will Sutton was signed by the Vikings on Wednesday. Sutton has played 1,066 snaps in his three-year career as a rotational player before suffering an injury during the second half of 2016.

•Sutton, coming off of an ankle injury, was having his best performance to date last season. He earned overall grades of 44.2 and 43.7 in 2014 and 2015, respectively, and prior to injury sustained a 74.8 overall grade in 2016.

•The former Arizona State Sun Devil has never been known for his pass rushing as he had totaled just three QB pressures in 76 pass rushing snaps last year for a pass rush productivity of 3.0, 97th among defensive tackles.

•Before going down with an injury, in 174 snaps last season, Sutton posted a run stop percentage of 8.0, which only Linval Joseph would have bested on the Vikings.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-minnesota-vikings-sign-former-bears-dt-will-sutton/

23 TFLs and 13 sacks his last year in college. Must not have translated to the Pros.

Kind of the Anti-Danielle
Post #: 3326
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/17/2017 2:21:39 PM  1 votes
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

I case you have not noticed.. bigger, faster, stronger is the trend of evolution in humans, not only in sports, but in society as well.

When I was growing up I always looked up to the older kids and thought - man they are mature. Large.

Now when I look at late middle school - to high school kids I think - wow what a bunch of wieners.

They don't do themselves any favors with this dress down trend...track pants and Goodwill sweatshirts w/socks and sandals.

Put yer teeth back in Gramps!
Post #: 3327
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/17/2017 3:09:00 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

You shouldn't be concerned with the 3 year deal. It could be a 10 year deal and it wouldn't matter.

If there is little to no guaranteed money, the team can walk away from the contract whenever they want. That's the trick to any NFL contract, not simply the years.

If anything, the years piece is for the player's security, if such a thing exists in this case.

Sure, I think we all get that.

But if you are routinely giving seasoned veterans like Murry, Jones and Floyd one year deals, not to mention the cast of thousands huddling on the bottom of the roster ... a 3 yr deal is odd.

Tagaloa sounds like fodder ... looks like fodder. Outside of enraging Trekgeekscot ... not sure why he rates an exception to his contract (worthless piece of paper that it is).

The only way you can enrage a trekgeek is by messing with the trek.

How would the trekgeek feel if I messed with the Galaxy Quest?

Indifferent.

Never seen it.

Soooooo good.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3328
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/17/2017 3:42:44 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Interesting items on Will Sutton. Maybe more of a run stuffer than a 3 technique.

•A 2014 third-round pick of the Bears, DT Will Sutton was signed by the Vikings on Wednesday. Sutton has played 1,066 snaps in his three-year career as a rotational player before suffering an injury during the second half of 2016.

•Sutton, coming off of an ankle injury, was having his best performance to date last season. He earned overall grades of 44.2 and 43.7 in 2014 and 2015, respectively, and prior to injury sustained a 74.8 overall grade in 2016.

•The former Arizona State Sun Devil has never been known for his pass rushing as he had totaled just three QB pressures in 76 pass rushing snaps last year for a pass rush productivity of 3.0, 97th among defensive tackles.

•Before going down with an injury, in 174 snaps last season, Sutton posted a run stop percentage of 8.0, which only Linval Joseph would have bested on the Vikings.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-minnesota-vikings-sign-former-bears-dt-will-sutton/

23 TFLs and 13 sacks his last year in college. Must not have translated to the Pros.

Yeah. Maybe we found another Hunter in the LSU DE we signed as an UDFA. His stats weren't very good either but he has the measurables.
Post #: 3329
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/17/2017 7:10:54 PM   
McMurfy

Will Sutton was a beast at ASU

(cue the Pac-12 defense bashing)

Good signing

Here’s what really irks me.

No one cares.
The losing?
No one cares.

Not the players
Not the Coaches
Not Dick and Bert
Not the Owners
Not the Front Office
And Not most of the fans.
Post #: 3330
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/17/2017 9:01:30 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah. Maybe we found another Hunter in the LSU DE we signed as an UDFA. His stats weren't very good either but he has the measurables.

he doesn't have hunter's speed...he ran a 4.82/40....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 3331
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/17/2017 9:40:09 PM   
kwheats

Vikings receiver Michael Floyd will be able to start working out with the Vikings next week after having his home confinement transferred to Minnesota, according to a league source. Floyd, who was arrested for DUI last year, was sentenced to 24 days in jail and 96 days of house arrest on Feb. 17.

Ben Goessling, ESPN Staff Writer
Post #: 3332
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/17/2017 9:44:33 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: kwheats

Vikings receiver Michael Floyd will be able to start working out with the Vikings next week after having his home confinement transferred to Minnesota, according to a league source. Floyd, who was arrested for DUI last year, was sentenced to 24 days in jail and 96 days of house arrest on Feb. 17.

That definitely increases his chances of making the team.
Post #: 3333
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/17/2017 9:53:57 PM   
kwheats

Michael Floyd to join Vikings for spring drills after home confinement transferred

Wide receiver Michael Floyd has had his home confinement sentence transferred to Minnesota and will begin practicing next week with the Vikings.

A source said Wednesday the former Cretin-Derham High School star, signed last week by the Vikings, will arrive in Minnesota on Friday in preparation for his offseason work with the team.

While with the Arizona Cardinals, Floyd pleaded guilty in February to extreme DUI and spent 24 days in jail for an incident last December in Arizona. He was released March 10, and then began a three-month period of home confinement that runs until June.

Floyd’s sentence doesn’t end until June 17. However, he was able to have it transferred to Minnesota and will participate in the Vikings’ offseason drills, which is considered work. He will have to return to his residence when not training with the Vikings.

The Vikings begin their first of three sessions of organized team activities next Tuesday. They will have a mandatory minicamp from June 13-15.

Mike Scanlan, Floyd’s coach at Cretin-Derham, believes it will help the wide receiver getting to Minnesota as early as possible.

“I think being kind of close to his roots and to his family and friends, it’s got to help and got to work to his advantage,” Scanlan said.

Floyd, who played at Notre Dame, was with the Cardinals from 2012 until his release following the December arrest. He was found asleep in the driver’s seat of his vehicle in Scottsdale, Ariz., while stopped at a traffic signal with the automobile running. He had a blood-alcohol level of .217.

Floyd finished last season with New England after being claimed on waivers. The Patriots won the Super Bowl, but Floyd was inactive for the game.

After becoming a free agent in March, Floyd two months later signed a one-year, $1.5 million contract with the Vikings that could be worth as much as $6 million with incentives.

Scanlan is excited to have Floyd back in Minnesota but wishes it could have happened with a different scenario.

“I wish the path that he ended up on was different, his circumstances that brought him back to Minnesota,” Scanlan said. “I wish, and I’m sure he does, that it was different, but it’s not. It is what it is.”

News of Floyd’s sentence being transferred was first reported by KSTP-TV.
Post #: 3334
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/17/2017 10:02:29 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Good for us
Better for him.
Get back to livin kid.
Hopefully, you've Learned Some Stuff.
Post #: 3335
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/17/2017 10:16:50 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

Good for us
Better for him.
Get back to livin kid.
Hopefully, you've Learned Some Stuff.

+1
Post #: 3336
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/17/2017 10:45:39 PM   
drviking

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You shouldn't be concerned with the 3 year deal. It could be a 10 year deal and it wouldn't matter.

If there is little to no guaranteed money, the team can walk away from the contract whenever they want. That's the trick to any NFL contract, not simply the years.

If anything, the years piece is for the player's security, if such a thing exists in this case.

But if you are routinely giving seasoned veterans like Murry, Jones and Floyd one year deals, not to mention the cast of thousands huddling on the bottom of the roster ... a 3 yr deal is odd.

Tagaloa sounds like fodder ... looks like fodder. Outside of enraging Trekgeekscot ... not sure why he rates an exception to his contract (worthless piece of paper that it is).

Indifferent.

Never seen it.

Soooooo good.

meh...over-rated

to be fair, havent seen the 2nd one, yet

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 3337
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/17/2017 10:47:54 PM   
drviking

quote:

quote:

quote:

danielle was used incorrectly at LSU

Sutton was used incorrectly at CHI

will he make it as a 4-3? we will see

fwiw Bercich said on PA today that he saw Hunter at Robison's fishing event, and he looks HUGE

Post #: 3338
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/18/2017 1:31:59 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Is that good or bad?

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 3339
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/18/2017 7:01:18 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

quote:

quote:

quote:

danielle was used incorrectly at LSU

Sutton was used incorrectly at CHI

will he make it as a 4-3? we will see

fwiw Bercich said on PA today that he saw Hunter at Robison's fishing event, and he looks HUGE

Hunter played the same position at LSU that he does here.

He actually rushed the passer well at LSU but was too out of control thus, wiffing on a lot of sack opportunities by over running the qb.

MLB---Choose well and Championships will follow
Post #: 3340
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/18/2017 7:45:45 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

Wow. I read that last night on ESPN. Very surprised.

Good for him.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 3341
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/18/2017 8:14:22 AM   
Bill Jandro

I see we cut Toby Johnson to make room for Sutton

MLB---Choose well and Championships will follow
Post #: 3342
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/18/2017 8:36:11 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

I see we cut Toby Johnson to make room for Sutton

Damn.. I like Toby Johnson, based on last year's preseason. Hopefully, they get rid of a guy like Bishop Sankey or some other fodder dude to bring him back.

Believe.
Post #: 3343
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/18/2017 8:51:28 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Me too. Disappointed, but maybe he didn't stay in shape.

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 3344
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/18/2017 9:05:26 AM   
Todd M

Sometimes it's just going to be left for us to speculate on. Why is player X suddenly on the roster bubble at 90 when they made the team last year. Surely there are 10-20 guys right now that almost assuredly have no chance of making our roster. And sometimes they just meh a player you perhaps saw something in. But we're not privy to what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe some of these guys are train wrecks personality wise and clash. They get along super poorly with a team favorite. Who knows.

I say Nay Nay!
Post #: 3345
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/18/2017 10:05:25 AM   
Ian Joseph

Well, i know roster moves, especially before the season begins, are strategic more than they are about one player's ability or lack thereof. Being cut in May doesn't mean a lot, even with OTAs next week.

I'm sure the team told him to stay in shape and ready to go when they call him back. I guess what I dislike the most is he's now available for someone else to poach.

Believe.
Post #: 3346
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/18/2017 10:24:20 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Indifferent.

Never seen it.

Soooooo good.

meh...over-rated

There's a second one? I know what I will be watching tonight. Or are you thinking Guardian's of the Galaxy. I bet that is what you are thinking. Galaxy Quest is a spoof of Star Trek starring Tim Allen, Alan Rickman and Sigourney Weaver. If you've seen a lot of Star Trek you will enjoy all the ways they make fun of it.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/18/2017 10:29:11 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3347
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/18/2017 10:40:55 AM   
drviking

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Indifferent.

Never seen it.

Soooooo good.

meh...over-rated

There's a second one? I know what I will be watching tonight. Or are you thinking Guardian's of the Galaxy. I bet that is what you are thinking. Galaxy Quest is a spoof of Star Trek starring Tim Allen, Alan Rickman and Sigourney Weaver. If you've seen a lot of Star Trek you will enjoy all the ways they make fun of it.

Sorry, I meant guardians

Galaxy quest is o.k.

Post #: 3348
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/18/2017 11:01:36 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Indifferent.

Never seen it.

Soooooo good.

meh...over-rated

Sorry, I meant guardians

Galaxy quest is o.k.

"By Grabthar's Hammer I will rain down my vengeance upon you for this impugnment of Galaxy Quest's character."

So let it be written.
So let it be done.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3349
RE: 2017 Free Agency - 5/18/2017 11:05:26 AM   
kgdabom

Regarding Guardians of the Galaxy I enjoyed the first, but may agree with you slightly overrated. The second IMO is really a fun watch.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3350
Page:   <<   < prev  131 132 133 [134] 135   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2017 Free Agency Page: <<   < prev  131 132 133 [134] 135   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode