Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Superbowl 52

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> Superbowl 52 Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Superbowl 52 - 2/8/2017 4:39:11 PM   
Lynn G.

Maybe just a tad early, but since the town is buzzing with all of the preparations for next year's SB at US Bank - I thought I'd start this up.

Not sure I'm crazy about the "Bold North" label - but whatever.

This video is kind of fun because it features a bunch of Minnesota sites and people, and ends with the aging Bud Grant who I hope makes it long enough to see his purple team take home the trophy.

http://video.startribune.com/super-bowl-video-features-minnesota-stars-landmarks/412945433/

Those who observe tyranny in silence are complicit.
Post #: 1
RE: Superbowl 52 - 3/9/2017 10:22:40 AM   
Tim Cady

I know the City would not change the Chicago Avenue to Vikings Way or whatever Lester was trying for. I thought the obvious Street/Avenue name change at the stadium should have been Grant Avenue and that probably could have happened. Maybe it can still be done for a couple of blocks before the Super Bowl.

< Message edited by Tim Cady -- 3/9/2017 10:24:00 AM >

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 2
RE: Superbowl 52 - 1/29/2018 8:03:41 AM   
Toby Stumbo

Who's going?

GO VIKES!
Post #: 3
RE: Superbowl 52 - 1/29/2018 10:01:36 AM   
Lynn G.

Not to the game, but tomorrow and Thursday I'll be in the Skyways wearing my super cool Crew 52 gear. So if you need directions, come find me. Of course, if you could find me in that mass of tangled Skyways, you probably would have already found what you're looking for.

Post #: 4
RE: Superbowl 52 - 1/29/2018 10:02:03 AM   
Lynn G.

Someone might need to hold me back if I see anyone wearing Eagles colors.

Post #: 5
RE: Superbowl 52 - 1/29/2018 10:18:09 AM   
Toby Stumbo

I got some beer bottles I could send you if you need ammunition.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 6
RE: Superbowl 52 - 1/29/2018 2:36:53 PM   
Lynn G.

Tempting, but I don't want to stoop to their level. I'll just shoot poison tipped darts at them in my mind.

Post #: 7
RE: Superbowl 52 - 1/29/2018 2:40:48 PM   
David Levine

eff the Super Bowl...
Post #: 8
RE: Superbowl 52 - 1/29/2018 2:53:53 PM   
Lynn G.

That sums up how I feel David. I'm glad for the money that will pour into town, but honestly can't wait until it's over.

Post #: 9
RE: Superbowl 52 - 1/29/2018 3:49:43 PM   
Lars

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

eff the Super Bowl...

Yup. Gonna spend the day up north skiing. Zero interest.

<this space for rent>
Post #: 10
RE: Superbowl 52 - 1/29/2018 3:50:31 PM   
Lars

And BTW...hate that it is being played in our house, especially in light of the NFCCG.

<this space for rent>
Post #: 11
RE: Superbowl 52 - 1/29/2018 11:33:48 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Tempting, but I don't want to stoop to their level. I'll just shoot poison tipped darts at them in my mind.

I was having trouble sleeping last night thinking about this.

I think the league should step up and be proactive announcing they would invest 10 million dollars into this. They should sponsor a task force of Philadelphia police officers who do a major sting operation at the games. Imagine if they had 200 (yes, 200!) undercover cops at games and around the stadium before the games. Imagine if the word gets out that 50 people get arrested- many of them right there during the game. In my mind I was longing for violent arrests, but I guess that the police can't do that, but again in my mind I was fantasizing that the arrests could be violent with excessive force. I also thought that the punishment would be 30 days in jail plus a 10 grand fine with a felony on their record. Also, I thought that there should be no tv in their jail. (no football games) You can see, I obviously thought about this a lot. If they refused to pay the fine, then the jail time would kick up to 6 months. Also, during that time the family could not receive public financial support through welfare. That is over the top, but I wanted them to suffer.

I actually worried about this happening before the game because I had already heard things about the Philly fans. This was not a one time deal for them and that's why the league does need to step up. I believe the Vikings have to travel to Philly again next season. If I'm the Vikings at a winter meeting, I tell the league that I don't allow my team to play there and I forfeit the game. (huge loss of money for Philadelphia) unless the league steps up to do something about this issue. There's a very good chance that the opening game could be with the Vikings next season. I believe we play both the Eagles and the Patriots on the road next season. Tough season ahead. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 12
RE: Superbowl 52 - 1/29/2018 11:38:58 PM   
Bruce Johnson

They could put surveillance cameras all throughout the stands with active monitoring before and after the games. Let the light of day shine on what people do and let people know publicly what you are doing as prevention.

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 13
RE: Superbowl 52 - 1/29/2018 11:44:17 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

I think the league should step up and be proactive announcing they would invest 10 million dollars into this. They should sponsor a task force of Philadelphia police officers who do a major sting operation at the games. Imagine if they had 200 (yes, 200!) undercover cops at games and around the stadium before the games. Imagine if the word gets out that 50 people get arrested- many of them right there during the game. In my mind I was longing for violent arrests, but I guess that the police can't do that, but again in my mind I was fantasizing that the arrests could be violent with excessive force. I also thought that the punishment would be 30 days in jail plus a 10 grand fine with a felony on their record. Also, I thought that there should be no tv in their jail. (no football games) You can see, I obviously thought about this a lot. If they refused to pay the fine, then the jail time would kick up to 6 months. Also, during that time the family could not receive public financial support through welfare. That is over the top, but I wanted them to suffer.

Also forfeiture of season tickets, with no refund. Lifetime ban from the stadium. If you had the tickets from a season ticket holder, then that person forfeits their season tickets.
Post #: 14
RE: Superbowl 52 - 1/30/2018 12:41:56 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Also forfeiture of season tickets, with no refund. Lifetime ban from the stadium. If you had the tickets from a season ticket holder, then that person forfeits their season tickets.

It would only take one time of doing this and the problem would be ended. Say your home stadium doesn't want to participate? Fine - no alcohol sales allowed.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm in an unhealthy co-dependent relationship with the Vikings. Damn it.
Post #: 15
RE: Superbowl 52 - 1/30/2018 7:17:22 AM   
stfrank

quote:

Someone might need to hold me back if I see anyone wearing Eagles colors.

Just make sure and point any Philly fans in the wrong direction.
Post #: 16
RE: Superbowl 52 - 1/30/2018 11:07:56 AM   
twinsfan

I'm all Eagles on Sunday. Gotta respect Nick Foles.

--------------------------
---------
--
Post #: 17
RE: Superbowl 52 - 1/30/2018 11:13:40 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

It would only take one time of doing this and the problem would be ended. Say your home stadium doesn't want to participate? Fine - no alcohol sales allowed.

Not sure how something like this would play out in the tailgating arena. Certainly a lot of the problems reside there, in that less controlled environment.
Post #: 18
RE: Superbowl 52 - 2/1/2018 11:17:00 AM   
SoMnFan

Incredible week of coverage in Mpls
Loving all the interviews of the greats
Jerad Allen on with Golic and Wingo now.
Man, I woulda ODed on this stuff had we made it.
Great great showcase for the Cities.
Post #: 19
RE: Superbowl 52 - 2/1/2018 12:31:05 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

I'm all Eagles on Sunday. Gotta respect Nick Foles.

I'm torn.

If Eagles win, maybe they have SB hangover and we can surpass them next year.

If Pats win, Eagles will be getting Wentz back plus the hunger of getting back to SB. They could be tougher to beat than this year.

Also, Misery loves company. Nice to see another team get close to our SB loss record.
Post #: 20
RE: Superbowl 52 - 2/4/2018 9:37:45 AM  1 votes
twinsfan

Is this the SB gameday thread?

Go Eagles! They've never won a SB. I hope this is the year! Sick of the Pats and their mostly bandwagon fans. The last thing I want to see is another SB win for moody and miserable Belichick.

---------
--
Post #: 21
RE: Superbowl 52 - 2/4/2018 10:09:03 AM   
Todd M

No SB festivities for me today. Still on the fence on whether or not I'll tune into the game at KO. Haven't watched one second of sports anything in 2 weeks.

Whichever way I lean **** the Eagles and their fans. Hope it's the most embarrassing loss in SB history.

Existential midlife crisis mode engaged.
Post #: 22
RE: Superbowl 52 - 2/4/2018 12:21:25 PM   
Steve Lentz

If i was betting I would take the Eagles and the points. I think they are the most balanced and physical of the two teams.
I'm a bit bitter about how our fans were treated so I do hope the Patriots win.

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 23
RE: Superbowl 52 - 2/4/2018 12:49:23 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

If i was betting I would take the Eagles and the points. I think they are the most balanced and physical of the two teams.

Let me tell you a little story about the way some Vikings fans treated Eagles fans at the Dome in a playoff game about 8 or 9 years ago. We were sitting behind one of the endzones, about 15 rows up. Sat right next to a really nice married couple...Eagles fans. They had their little newborn baby with them wearing a little Eagles outfit. There was a group of drunk Vikings fans right behind us that yelled at the parents "we're gonna punt your baby right onto the field!!!" Vikings fans are no better or worse than any other team's fans when it comes to being assholes. Thanks to that experience, my wife said we are never going to another Vikings or any NFL game ever again. And I don't blame her one bit.

---------
--
Post #: 24
RE: Superbowl 52 - 2/4/2018 1:11:51 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

Let me tell you a little story about the way some Vikings fans treated Eagles fans at the Dome in a playoff game about 8 or 9 years ago. We were sitting behind one of the endzones, about 15 rows up. Sat right next to a really nice married couple...Eagles fans. They had their little newborn baby with them wearing a little Eagles outfit. There was a group of drunk Vikings fans right behind us that yelled at the parents "we're gonna punt your baby right onto the field!!!" Vikings fans are no better or worse than any other team's fans when it comes to being assholes. Thanks to that experience, my wife said we are never going to another Vikings or any NFL game ever again. And I don't blame her one bit.

No question there are fans everywhere where many would not want their children exposed. Some are worse than others. Some are known for being more hostile. Philadelphia appears to be a bit more on the hostile side and I would not take my children there wearing the Vikings colors. Would you?

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> Superbowl 52 Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode