Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2017 NFL Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2017 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 12:10:53 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: 69in09

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/25/report-gareon-conley-accused-of-sexual-assault-in-cleveland/

If he is innocent, then this woman is really the scum of the earth. It makes me think that if I am in the limelight like this that I need to be accompanied by someone that I trust whenever in the public.

Or not invite strangers for group sex.

If he really did that, then he is the scum of the earth and deserves all his trouble.

I wouldn't go that far, either. Granted, I'm not into such stuff, though I cant say that it didn't cross my mind 20 years ago in college.

And in the state of Ohio, OSU football players are considered whatever is in between Gods and Kings. Mix that in with willing college and/or grown women and money and you get a potential wild ass time.

Athletes live a different lifestyle than most of us, which includes sex. It is what it is. You just have to be VERY careful who you allow in said circles. If group sex was the premise that led to this rape allegation for Conley, he made a very bad decision by even inviting her to be a viewing participant.

I'm not inviting Bruce.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1151
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 5:00:52 AM   
Chris Olson

quote:

Seriously? Have you seen the video where he decks the woman? Then he does this number?

If you think that's OK you are OK with violence against women.

I am absolutely not OK with Violence against women or, really, violence against anyone...

I have seen the video...he was absolutely wrong for how he responded to her

She literally went for his throat and he decked her with one punch and left remorselessly

But to put throwing a torn up parking ticket back at the attendant in the same category of violence against women?

That's not violence, it is a tantrum...not the smoothest move he could make, but I remember hassling a parking cop over a ticket, and I've seen other "respectable" people lose their cool with parking cops...

just would never call that pattern behavior
Post #: 1152
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 7:26:16 AM   
Brad H

For what it's worth, I'd rather draft Dede Westbrook at some point than Joe Mixon.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1153
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 8:20:09 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

For what it's worth, I'd rather draft Dede Westbrook at some point than Joe Mixon.

Will Westbrook be there in the 3rd round? I'm hoping so.
Post #: 1154
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 8:30:39 AM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/25/report-gareon-conley-accused-of-sexual-assault-in-cleveland/

If he is innocent, then this woman is really the scum of the earth. It makes me think that if I am in the limelight like this that I need to be accompanied by someone that I trust whenever in the public.

Or not invite strangers for group sex.

If he really did that, then he is the scum of the earth and deserves all his trouble.

Am I reading this right? Inviting someone for group sex makes someone scum of the earth? Please tell me you're referencing the alleged rape!

Waking up.
Post #: 1155
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 8:46:49 AM   
Ian Joseph

Lynch just about traded to the Raiders. That might push a running back or two down the board some. The Raiders will still need to draft one, but probably not as early as they may have without Lynch in the fold.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1156
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 8:58:48 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Same with the Saints.

Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. (Helen Keller)
Post #: 1157
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 9:04:20 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Lance Zuerlien gave him a 2nd rd grade.

Westbrook is 175 lbs dripping wet but very fast 4.34 at pro day.

However he has red flags....

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/03/05/is-oklahoma-wr-dede-westbrook-undraftable/

In 2012, Westbrook was accused of throwing the mother of two of his children to the ground. In 2013, Westbrook was accused of biting the same woman’s arm and punching her in the face with a closed fist.

< Message edited by Bill Jandro -- 4/26/2017 9:08:26 AM >

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1158
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 9:21:22 AM   
69in09

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

quote:

Seriously? Have you seen the video where he decks the woman? Then he does this number?

If you think that's OK you are OK with violence against women.

I am absolutely not OK with Violence against women or, really, violence against anyone...

I have seen the video...he was absolutely wrong for how he responded to her

She literally went for his throat and he decked her with one punch and left remorselessly

But to put throwing a torn up parking ticket back at the attendant in the same category of violence against women?

That's not violence, it is a tantrum...not the smoothest move he could make, but I remember hassling a parking cop over a ticket, and I've seen other "respectable" people lose their cool with parking cops...

just would never call that pattern behavior

Chris,
Throwing a torn up ticket in her face and then lurching at her with his car? Both of those are assaultive behaviors.

While the incident was independent, the pattern of behavior wasn't.

IMO;Whatever boxes you hoped were checked by his year off (did he even do therapy?), got unchecked with his behavior in the parking lot.

This is my burner account.
Post #: 1159
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 10:12:33 AM   
Karl Juhnke

The Cowboys are going to have Drew Pearson make one their draft pick announcements.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article146822729.html

They should have Nate Wright walk up to the podium, then Pearson come out and push him out of the way and announce the pick.

I am an extremely stable genius
Post #: 1160
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 10:15:55 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

The Cowboys are going to have Drew Pearson make one their draft pick announcements.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article146822729.html

They should have Nate Wright walk up to the podium, then Pearson come out and push him out of the way and announce the pick.

In 2016, Clinton's underlying (and sometimes overlying) message was something like this: Trump is awful and you will never vote for him. And I am the only other person running for president.
Post #: 1161
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 12:37:45 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I want to laugh and cry with that one.

Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. (Helen Keller)
Post #: 1162
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 1:50:29 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

I'd rather have Cooper Kupp with our 1st 3rd Rounder, if he lasts that long.

O-Line or bust.
Fix it Spielman!!
Post #: 1163
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 2:11:00 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

Yeah. He's good.

But, I'm just thinking we have our good route runners(Diggs, Thielen). We need someone with deep speed to keep opposing safeties honest.
Post #: 1164
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 2:28:35 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

You guys have to stop with this Spielman is on thin ice crap. He's on thin ice.. to you.

Drafting Joe Mixon doesn't save his job; drafting Mixon at 48 is more likely to actually get him fired versus getting an extension.

I realize that we want our team to be the best it can be. But that doesn't mean creating illusions about players that would fill a need. Mixon is not Reggie Bush; he might not be as good as Michael Bush was coming out of Louisville.

He's not a bum, but he's not anywhere close to Ali, Jim Brown, Adrian Peterson or other transcendent athletes. Knock it off, seriously. You guys are starting to sound like Marty when discussing Ryan Swope.

No one said Spielman is on thin ice.

Jandro said Spieman was on thin ice.

IDK who that guy is but he clearly wasn't talking about our GM. That would be non sense.

This board has been talking about Spelman being on the hot seat for months. So, whether or not that constitutes the notion of thin ice is a matter of semantics. It's been a recurring theme here for a while, not just in the last 12 hours.

I am not on board with a Spieman splash.
Post #: 1165
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 3:13:34 PM   
Brad H

As I have been saying for months, you people have very short memory spans.

Anything short of two offensive linemen that can be starting by mid-season is a poor draft.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 4/26/2017 3:33:43 PM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1166
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 3:28:52 PM   
DeLain

48. Vikings: Raekwon McMillan, LB, Ohio State
79. Vikings: Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa
86. Vikings: Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky
120. Vikings: Elijah Lee, OLB, Kansas State
128. Vikings: Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma
160. Vikings: Pat Elflein, C, Ohio State
199. Vikings: Damien Mama, G, USC
232. Vikings: Jonah Pirsig, T, Minnesota

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000801392/article/chad-reuter-2017-sevenround-nfl-mock-draft-team-by-team
Post #: 1167
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 3:36:00 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

Yeah. He's good.

But, I'm just thinking we have our good route runners(Diggs, Thielen). We need someone with deep speed to keep opposing safeties honest.

True.

But his hands are so sick, with his length, just throw it near him.
Just a FB Player to the core.
(pick your poison, gonna get Safety help against Thielen, Diggs, or Kupp?)
Treadwell??

No Prima donna either.

O-Line or bust.
Fix it Spielman!!
Post #: 1168
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 3:41:47 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

As I have been saying for months, you people have very short memory spans.

Anything short of two offensive linemen that can be starting by mid-season is a poor draft.

That should narrow down your selections for the draft challenge.

Don't be late.
Post #: 1169
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 3:44:11 PM   
Todd M

quote:

No, Wright would come and jokingly try and stop Pearson from simply making it to the podium but he'd fall down again untouched.

Waking up.
Post #: 1170
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 3:46:37 PM   
Todd M

Our search function sucks but I typed in; 'as I've been saying' under 'Brad H'....got 1000's of hits.

Waking up.
Post #: 1171
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 3:53:01 PM   
Tim Cady

Spielman should be on thin ice for Ponder and then not drafting Russell Wilson the next year. His staff Leslie Frazier has Wilson in the Senior Bowl and raved about him. When he was there in the 3rd round we should have taken him. Instead we took Josh 5'9"CB Robinson.

There was a time when Seattle had Wilson QB and Lynch RB and We had Ponder/Peterson and even though Peterson was tearing up the league. I would have swapped that in a heartbeat. Just think if Cleveland talks Peterson early that year like everyone thought they would we would have most likely drafted Lynch. Now that both their careers are mostly in the rear view mirror. I like to torture myself with the wondering of what if....

What if we would have had Wilson/Lynch in 2012 - 2014, would we have won a Super Bowl, with Leslie as the Coach? Because if Wilson has his great rookie year, Frazier probably is still the coach, or if he doesn't but our defense sucks and then we hire Zimmer, do we win won one in 2014, 2015 or 2016.

What says you. I only bring this up because I remember thinking we were going to land Lynch in 2007 and I remember hollering for Wilson in the 2nd round and we could have still taken him in the 3rd. In all fairness I thought he could be a starter someday, not right away, but I did think he would definitely be a starter. He was dogged like Drew Brees for Height.

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 1172
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 4:21:40 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

No, Wright would come and jokingly try and stop Pearson from simply making it to the podium but he'd fall down again untouched.

Nope, it was one of the most blatant pushups of all-time considering the stakes.

Pearson has already admitted he pushed off.
Post #: 1173
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 4:22:44 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeLain

48. Vikings: Raekwon McMillan, LB, Ohio State
79. Vikings: Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa
86. Vikings: Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky
120. Vikings: Elijah Lee, OLB, Kansas State
128. Vikings: Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma
160. Vikings: Pat Elflein, C, Ohio State
199. Vikings: Damien Mama, G, USC
232. Vikings: Jonah Pirsig, T, Minnesota

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000801392/article/chad-reuter-2017-sevenround-nfl-mock-draft-team-by-team

Don't like it at all.
Post #: 1174
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 4:31:02 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: shakeywalton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

Nope, it was one of the most blatant pushups of all-time considering the stakes.

Pearson has already admitted he pushed off.

Why do we have to keep doing this?

I know the play is in question (because of fan bias) but Pearson NEVER admitted pushing off. THAT is not up for debate.

Some day with the help of video analysis I will also prove that there was no push off. Can't wait for the day.

Waking up.
Post #: 1175
Page:   <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2017 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  45 46 [47] 48 49   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode