Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2017 NFL Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2017 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  47 48 49 [50] 51   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 9:20:45 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

funny to me that I keep arguing for Mixon, but I don't even want to pick him unless he falls to the third...don't want rb till then

besides I think he is gone by Cinci at 41 at the latest

For the record, I want best OG or DT at 48, then the one not picked in the 3rd

Best OG or DT in the draft?

why not?

Huh?
Post #: 1226
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/26/2017 9:55:19 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: shakeywalton

Hugs and kisses guys?

Just don't invite any strangers to watch

Especially Bruce
Post #: 1227
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 1:03:22 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

The Cowboys are going to have Drew Pearson make one their draft pick announcements.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article146822729.html

They should have Nate Wright walk up to the podium, then Pearson come out and push him out of the way and announce the pick.

No, Wright would come and jokingly try and stop Pearson from simply making it to the podium but he'd fall down again untouched.

Nope, it was one of the most blatant pushups of all-time considering the stakes.

Pearson has already admitted he pushed off.

Todd I don't know if what Shakey says is true, but I simply can't fathom how you can watch that play and think Pearson didn't push off.

Because my powers of observation are above reproach.

You have no power of observation whatsoever.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1228
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 1:04:44 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

As I have been saying for months, you people have very short memory spans.

Anything short of two offensive linemen that can be starting by mid-season is a poor draft.

That should narrow down your selections for the draft challenge.

Don't be late.

Retired after nailing Boehringer last year. It can't get any better than that.

You and the rest of the world.

Easiest prediction ever.

He didn't predict anything.

Totally nailed it. Hall of Fame worthy!

Iggy and I think forever.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1229
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 8:06:43 AM   
kurt bilben

Alright, Draft day!

Oh wait, we're not on the list today....

Post #: 1230
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 8:11:34 AM   
Tim Cady

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Yinka Ayinde‏ @Saxyprince
@DWolfsonKSTP reported Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon is indeed still on the #Vikings draft board.

I believe this is subterfuge!

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 1231
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 8:54:10 AM   
Tim Cady

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tim Cady

I like McMillan, if he is the best player available at 48. I would rather do that than overdraft a lineman if there isn't one worthy of the pick.

Is he a MLB or WLB?

He translates to middle at next level. Weak on pass. As far as best player available at 48, that would be a tall order as he is ranked consistently in the 70s on peoples big boards. So I guess I should agree with whoever said they didn't like this pick at 48. I don't like him at
48 either, but I like him in the 4th round. He should be available in the 3rd/4th round. Prisco likes him on his annual 20 guys I like better than scouts list. Dak Prescott was on 2016 list.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-2017-nfl-draft-better-than-team-20-guys-i-like-more-than-the-scouts-do/

Post #: 1232
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 8:57:34 AM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

But there was no deliberate push whatsoever

Can you guys please remember that! There is no admission PERIOD! So the next time this comes up there is zero excuse for saying 'He admitted it!'

Do you not understand a push off, deliberate or not, is still a push off?,

Ready to move onto draft stuff but I didn't want to be rude and not reply...(like Bruce)

I don't concede the push off. Incidental contact does not equal a push off.

I'm sure we'll have the chance to rehash this all again another time.

I say Nay Nay!
Post #: 1233
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 9:26:09 AM   
kurt bilben

I'm not so sure we're not already good at LBer.

Kendricks & Barr are going to be on the field all the time, Kentrell Brothers might be a perfect fit for running downs here, and there.

Edmund Robinson shows promise as well. I certainly wouldn't go very high with selecting LB, especially a MLBer.
Post #: 1234
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 9:28:10 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

Kendricks & Barr are going to be on the field all the time, Kentrell Brothers might be a perfect fit for running downs here, and there.

Edmund Robinson shows promise as well. I certainly wouldn't go very high with selecting LB, especially a MLBer.

Pretty sure that Mychal Kendricks will be cut post June 1st.

That's a pretty good option for WLB and I think we would have a pretty good recruiter.
Post #: 1235
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 9:39:31 AM   
drviking

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

The Cowboys are going to have Drew Pearson make one their draft pick announcements.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article146822729.html

They should have Nate Wright walk up to the podium, then Pearson come out and push him out of the way and announce the pick.

No, Wright would come and jokingly try and stop Pearson from simply making it to the podium but he'd fall down again untouched.

Nope, it was one of the most blatant pushups of all-time considering the stakes.

Pearson has already admitted he pushed off.

Todd I don't know if what Shakey says is true, but I simply can't fathom how you can watch that play and think Pearson didn't push off.

Because my powers of observation are above reproach.

Good to know for my next foursome...

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 1236
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 9:40:36 AM   
drviking

quote:

+1

Post #: 1237
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 9:41:59 AM   
drviking

quote:

quote:

Pretty sure that Mychal Kendricks will be cut post June 1st.

That's a pretty good option for WLB and I think we would have a pretty good recruiter.

Fwiw...teams don't wait until June 1 anymore...

He could be available after the draft

Post #: 1238
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 9:44:09 AM   
TJSweens

Todd's powers of observation are wrong. Pearson pushed off. End of story. What's more, it wasn't even the worst non call on that play. The Cowboys had two Viking pass rushers in virtual bear hugs to give Staubach enough time to get the pass away and allow Pearson to push off.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 1239
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 10:02:52 AM  1 votes
69in09

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Todd's powers of observation are wrong. Pearson pushed off. End of story. What's more, it wasn't even the worst non call on that play. The Cowboys had two Viking pass rushers in virtual bear hugs to give Staubach enough time to get the pass away and allow Pearson to push off.

That's just football lore.

The film from that era and specifically that game is so bad, you can't really tell what happened.

Because we are die hard fans we have chosen to imprint our own versions.

IMO cowpukes won, fair and square.

This is my burner account.
Post #: 1240
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 10:06:46 AM   
TJSweens

No, it's what actually happened. They got away with one. It happens. There have much worse blown calls in playoff games since then. The Vikings are far from the most wronged team in NFL playoff lore. From a historical perspective of bad playoff calls, this one isn't even on the radar. They were still poor non calls.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 1241
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 10:12:48 AM   
DeLain

quote:

I was listening to NFL radio last night and a Viking fan called in asking what they think we should do in the draft. They said one of our biggest needs was LB....I completely disagree. Yes we lost greenway but we are in nickel most of the time so mostly just Barr and Kendricks are in.

The other guy said he thought DT was our highest need. They then asked the caller what he though of drafting a QB in round two? The caller thought he could live with that since he thought bridgewater was a good kid but will never be more than average and most likely will never see the field again.

They recommended this guy.

DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
Height: 6-4. Weight: 233. Hand: 9.88.
40 Time: 4.83.
Projected Round (2017): 1-2.
4/25/17: Kizer has the best physical skill set of any quarterback in the 2017 NFL Draft. Some league sources from teams that don't need quarterbacks told me they think Kizer is a high first-round talent with correctable problems. Many others are not enthusiastic about Kizer at all and have him graded on Day 2. One playoff general manager told me Kizer has the tools to be the prototypical quarterback prospect, but was unable everything together and win. Thus, they graded Kizer on Day 2 of the 2017 NFL Draft. Another general manager felt Kizer was worthy of a late first-round pick. Aside from not winning, sources knock Kizer for his decision-making, and every team evaluator has cited a lack of consistency.

Kizer is capable of making beautiful touch passes with superb accuracy and ball placement while being under fire from the pass rush. His field vision can be very good as he moves his eyes through his progressions, even with defenders bearing down on him. Additionally, Kizer has the arm strength to make all the throws and beat good coverage. He consistently shows the ability to drop in accurate touch passes downfield and the mobility to make plays with his feet. Kizer can be an excellent pocket passer.

Kizer had a number of rough games in 2016, including getting benched against Stanford and facing off against N.C. State in the midst of Hurricane Matthew. He started the 2016 season with a tremendous game against Texas and gave evidence to NFL teams that he could be a future starting quarterback. Kizer lofted in some beautiful passes between defenders against the Longhorns. Kizer also showed excellent decision-making while maintaing poise under the pass rush of Texas. He protected the football and made extraordinary passes into small openings.

In 2016, Kizer completed 59 percent of his passes for 2,925 yards with 26 touchdowns and nine interceptions. He also ran for seven touchdowns. That completion percentage was hurt by the hurricane game against N.C. State and his young wideouts dropping a plethora of well-thrown passes. 2015 was a better year for Kizer as he completed 63 percent of his passes for 2,884 yards with 21 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He also ran for 520 yards with 10 scores on the ground. Kizer had a much better supporting cast that season, including a first-round left tackle, Ronnie Stanley; first-round wide receiver, Will Fuller; second-round center, Nick Martin; and third-round running back, C.J. Prosise.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017QB.php#JUrBvyxwfheRoDQA.99
Post #: 1242
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 10:22:06 AM   
Phil Riewer

I think they will draft another LB...just not early. Brothers, Signing Kendricks, and Lamur may fill in just fine---

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1243
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 10:28:41 AM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

I think they will draft another LB...just not early. Brothers, Signing Kendricks, and Lamur may fill in just fine---

+1

Post #: 1244
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 10:58:02 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Can you guys please remember that! There is no admission PERIOD! So the next time this comes up there is zero excuse for saying 'He admitted it!'

Ready to move onto draft stuff but I didn't want to be rude and not reply...(like Bruce)

Exactly
As sure as some of you think you're right. (That it was a push off)
We feel as much the other way.
Stop thinking you'll change people.
Post #: 1245
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 11:22:36 AM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Exactly
As sure as some of you think you're right. (That it was a push off)
We feel as much the other way.
Stop thinking you'll change people.

We all have our issues we won't let go

Me and QB game manager

Todd ande push off

Kg and kneel down

David F and ADs pay scale

Me and instant replay

Etc...

People would be much happier to move on...but it seems most people don't want to be happy

I have been trying to do better about going around and around with the same old no win scenarios

Post #: 1246
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 12:01:16 PM   
Tim Cady

Are the Browns with all their new people really this stupid? I believe in the draft experts that talk about in a normal year these guys (Qbs) are not first round picks. Mitchell T.'s best comparison is Jimmy G? Myock said that Teddy B. coming out of college is better than any QB in this draft. Now talk is Browns are taking Mitchell T at 1???

Watched coverage a little more the last week and I read a lot, I just hide it well. O.K. before I spin off the planet. Who is going to take Mitchell T. before 12. Hell I wouldn't take him at 12. Are they seriously trying to make up for not taking Wentz? Myock has Mitchell T. ranked about #30 on his big boards. Ok even if you divide by 2 because it is a quarterback that gets you to 15. Do they really believe John Lynch in San Francisco with his first ever pick would pick the Bust or average prospect at #2 overall? Leave it to Cleveland to break the draft. Their fans deserve better. Kiper and McShay have Mitchell T going #1.

I think Myles Garrett the most exciting prospect in years. He so clear #1 in this draft, that I believe 31 teams would pick him. Of those teams none would probably take Mitchell T at 12.

Watched Mitchell T on Game Changers with Mooch. He is Tim Couch all over again. Deer in headlights Dodo Bird. I don't use the term Dodo often but this kid seems like a Dodo to me. No other way to say it.

I like Deshaun Watson if he were to go to Cardinals or Chiefs. None of this guys should be expected to start. Cleveland (Wentz) and Houston (Derek Carr) are in my opinion trying to make up for not drafting the franchise guy that was there for them.

Post #: 1247
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 12:23:16 PM   
Justin Sampson

I'd be alright with Chris Wormley DT Michigan with our first pick. I think he'd fit in nicely with what we already have on the DL. Instant 3 down lineman right off the bat.
Post #: 1248
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 12:30:12 PM   
Tim Cady

quote:

ORIGINAL: Justin Sampson

I'd be alright with Chris Wormley DT Michigan with our first pick. I think he'd fit in nicely with what we already have on the DL. Instant 3 down lineman right off the bat.

That seems totally reasonable. 42 on the one of the big boards I printed off to follow along on. Was once Myock's second best interior Defensive Lineman.

Post #: 1249
RE: 2017 NFL Draft - 4/27/2017 12:42:45 PM   
Justin Sampson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tim Cady

quote:

ORIGINAL: Justin Sampson

That seems totally reasonable. 42 on the one of the big boards I printed off to follow along on. Was once Myock's second best interior Defensive Lineman.

This is from his Pro Day...
quote:

A prospect with one of the highest floors in the draft, defensive lineman Chris Wormley didn’t work out at the combine due to a left hamstring injury, putting a lot of pressure on his pro day performance. And he didn’t disappoint, with his 40-yard dash in the low 4.8s, adding a 31.5-inch vertical, 9-foot-2 broad jump and 7.08-second three-cone drill. At 6-foot-5 and 297 pounds, Wormley looks like an interior lineman, but he projects best as a base end who can kick inside on passing downs. Although he might not give you consistent pass rush value, he is a stout run defender who won’t hurt your team on the field. Wormley projects as a solid second-round pick.
Post #: 1250
Page:   <<   < prev  47 48 49 [50] 51   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2017 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  47 48 49 [50] 51   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode