Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

2017 Training Camp

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> 2017 Training Camp Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2017 Training Camp - 7/26/2017 8:43:29 AM   
Ian Joseph

And so it begins..

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/26/2017 10:25:36 AM   
kwheats

Training camp schedule:
http://prod.static.vikings.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/MIN/2015/schedule-072617.jpg
Post #: 2
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/26/2017 2:19:28 PM  1 votes
joejitsu

NFC North domination begins today! I can't wait for the season to start, my TalkVikes buddies!
Post #: 3
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/26/2017 5:11:39 PM   
thebigo

Anybody done the 7:30-9:30 Saturday night scrimmage? What time do you have to be there to get a seat? Or is it no big deal getting a seat? I plan on feasting at the Mankato Ribfest, then heading over to the stadium.
Post #: 4
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/26/2017 6:55:21 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Anybody done the 7:30-9:30 Saturday night scrimmage? What time do you have to be there to get a seat? Or is it no big deal getting a seat? I plan on feasting at the Mankato Ribfest, then heading over to the stadium.

I'll bet that's going to be crowded. It's been awhile since I've been to a scrimmage but they were good crowds when I was ...
Post #: 5
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/26/2017 9:12:42 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The last two times I went to the Saturday night scrimmage I wished I went earlier. Last time I had to sit in the end zone on the grass.

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 6
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/26/2017 9:28:01 PM   
Bruce Johnson

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/3-Observations-Cook-Dazzles-on-2nd-Day-of-Practice/ea4b8c41-72b6-4e8c-9bc1-88c106de0b64

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 7
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/26/2017 9:37:27 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Last year's Vikings rookie class was extremely disappointing. I'm glad that this year's class had a little head start in the training camp. Hopefully something will be gained by that.

"According to Football Outsiders, Vikings rookies played just 239 snaps in 2016. First-round pick Laquon Treadwell notched just one catch for 15 yards during his rookie campaign. The team's next selection, Mackensie Alexander, played in just 6% of snaps on defense. One could argue the best production the Vikings received from the 2017 draft class was from Kentrell Brothers. He played in 42% of the team’s special teams snaps and was named one of the top coverage unit performers by Pro Football Focus."

http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2017/07/vikings-young-players-may-benefit-from.html

Post #: 8
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/26/2017 9:43:23 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Some of the comments here:

Keenum lacks arm strength. C.J. Ham has added weight. Isidora making a strong impression. Jaleel Johnson looks the part. Elijah Lee outshines Gedeon. Exum shines at nickel corner position. (I wasn't aware of the switch.)

http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2017/07/day-2-vikings-training-camp-notebook.html

Post #: 9
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/26/2017 9:48:37 PM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Keenum lacks arm strength. C.J. Ham has added weight. Isidora making a strong impression. Jaleel Johnson looks the part. Elijah Lee outshines Gedeon. Exum shines at nickel corner position. (I wasn't aware of the switch.)

http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2017/07/day-2-vikings-training-camp-notebook.html

Hell I thought they gave up on Exum (Like me)

Ridiculously early, but if indeed Isidora is a keeper that would be HUGE for us.

Along with if Elflein is what he's supposed to be, things could be going in our direction rapidly.
Post #: 10
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/26/2017 9:53:15 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Detailed notes on Chunky Clements. Well, he probably won't make the team, but he could be a practice squad guy. I don't know.

http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2017/07/vikings-sign-dt-chunky-clements.html

Post #: 11
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/26/2017 9:58:54 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

Hell I thought they gave up on Exum (Like me)

Ridiculously early, but if indeed Isidora is a keeper that would be HUGE for us.

Along with if Elflein is what he's supposed to be, things could be going in our direction rapidly.

Here is a quote from Zimmer on Exum:

No. It’s just that he’s a former corner, and I was sitting there looking at him the other day and said maybe we should take a look at this guy at nickel. He’s got the body type for it, good quickness, acceleration, and physicality to him. It’s just something to look at because it’s a good time to experiment with guys.

Here are his other comments. I do much prefer to read than watch videos of question and answers.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/7/25/16030852/mike-zimmer-speaks-day-two-vikings-training-camp

Post #: 12
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/26/2017 10:03:42 PM   
thebigo

quote:

The last two times I went to the Saturday night scrimmage I wished I went earlier. Last time I had to sit in the end zone on the grass.

What time did you go/arrive?
Post #: 13
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/27/2017 8:39:38 AM   
Ian Joseph

Teddy is going to address the media today for the first time since his injury.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 14
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/27/2017 9:12:16 AM   
Ricky J

My son just read somewhere that NFL Network is at the Viking Training Camp today. Ch 212 w/ Direct TV.

Which reminds me, how am I going to get all the games this year?
Post #: 15
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/27/2017 1:15:16 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

Teddy is going to address the media today for the first time since his injury.

Teddy Bridgewater speaks for first time since injury, remains positive about his future
By Matthew Coller | @MatthewColler

The entire Minnesota Vikings organization was thrown off course when Teddy Bridgewater suffered a potentially career-threatening injury last August.

Mike Zimmer has said multiple times since that day that he believed Bridgewater would be the only QB he’d ever have as a head coach. But the Vikings now go into the 2017 season with Sam Bradford under center and Bridgewater on the Physically Unable to Perform list.

Since tearing his ACL and dislocating his knee in practice, the former first-round pick has been almost completely silent, only releasing occasional clip of his workouts on Instagram.

On Thursday in Mankato, he spoke for the first time about his recovery and explained his silence.

“I told myself I wanted to do everything I could to get better,” he said. “No offense to you guys, but doing interviews and different phone calls doesn’t help me get better.”

During OTAs and Minicamp, Bridgewater threw during warm-ups and spent practices on the sidelines working with trainers. He will start camp on the sidelines as well.

“We all understand it’s going to take some time,” he said.

Bridgewater has been widely praised by teammates this offseason for maintaining a positive outlook. The 24-year-old quarterback says he believes that he will play again.

“I’ve always had faith,” Bridgewater said. “Faith has gotten me this far.”

Bridgewater also said that doctors have not told him that he will never play again. He has reached out to other players who have gone through severe injuries like Frank Gore and Willis McGehee, who told the Vikings’ QB to take his time and not try to come back too early.

“For him right now where he’s at is remarkable,” head coach Mike Zimmer said on Thursday.

He was asked to relive the fateful play. Bridgewater said he knew something wasn’t right, then he was on the ground.

“The biggest thing I remember was the guys supporting me as I was out there on that ground, holding my hand and praying for me…that says a lot about them,” Bridgewater said.

The Vikings’ QB wouldn’t offer a timeline or speculate about his future, but he said he was impressed by what Sam Bradford did last year.

“For Sam to do what he did last year…that was impressive,” he said, while calling Bradford “all about football.”

Because CBA rules allow Bridgewater’s contract to toll to next season if he remains on the PUP list for the first six weeks of the season, Week 7 becomes the defacto earliest possible return date. However, there could be some contention between Bridgewater’s side and the team because an early return would mean the ex-Louisville Cardinal star could hit free agency after this season.

“I understand what’s going on and I try not to get into the contractual stuff,” Bridgewater said.

“The best thing for me is that I’ve had experience with having to fight watching my mom battle breast cancer,” Bridgewater said.
Post #: 16
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/27/2017 1:16:26 PM   
David Levine

Bridgewater offers no hints at timeline for return
By Matthew Coller | @MatthewColler

Teddy Bridgewater did not answer the biggest question on everyone’s mind heading into Thursday’s press conference.

“Right now I’m taking it one day at a time,” Bridgewater said when asked about whether he could return this season.

Bridewater’s comments were the first he’s made since suffering a severe knee injury that kept him out all of 2016 and has him starting on the Physically Unable to Perform list to start this year.

“I can’t look too far down the road, I have to live in the now, take it one day at a time and approach each day with the mindset that I want to get better,” Bridgewater said. “RIght now in Mankato, I’m here to get better.”

Bridgewater said that doctors have not told him that he can’t play again and that he’s never thought about the possibility of having to retire. However, the Vikings’ quarterback hinted that there was initially concern he could lose his leg, saying that he and trainer Eric Sugarman had a conversation that made them both “nervous.”

Reacting to being placed on the PUP list, Bridgewater said:

“The good thing about it is that it gives me more time to get healthy. That’s how I look at it. We have a great training staff here. They’re going to push me and I’m going to continue to push them. We’ve been attacking this rehab aggressively and I think everyone’s excited.”

Bridgewater said he’s talked to former players who had similar injuries.

“The common theme was: Take your time,” he said.

Head coach Mike Zimmer was also asked about a timeline for Bridgewater’s return on Thursday.

“It’s up to the doctors, when they say he’s ready and he says he’s ready, he’ll get back out there,” Zimmer said.
Post #: 17
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/27/2017 1:28:56 PM  1 votes
Brad H

According to those reports, it sounds very dicey as to whether or not Bridgewater will ever be the same player again. I'd start looking for a back-up plan for peg-leg.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 7/27/2017 1:31:21 PM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 18
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/27/2017 1:45:14 PM  1 votes
Bruce Johnson

I agree.

Post #: 19
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/27/2017 3:31:33 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

According to those reports, it sounds very dicey as to whether or not Bridgewater will ever be the same player again. I'd start looking for a back-up plan for peg-leg.

bradford is the backup plan....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 20
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/27/2017 3:36:19 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer
quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

bradford is the backup plan....

Ever since Teddy got hurt---he was the backup plan...

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 21
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/27/2017 3:44:02 PM   
Todd M

I'm actually feeling confident ATM that things are going to play out ok. I think we will have both QB's in camp next year and that's all I really want. Let everything work itself out from there. Teddy's contract will toll and Bradford can be franchised.

If 'the ultimate goal is to be able to play by the end of the season' that makes me confident that contract will toll. That's the season I want. A no pressure get healthy situation for Teddy, and Bradford being free to take the team as far as he can. Then next year we get the biggest roster battle of all time, Exciting times.

I say Nay Nay!
Post #: 22
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/27/2017 4:00:49 PM   
Phil Riewer

Reiff hurt...not a good start.

Post #: 23
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/27/2017 4:17:50 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

my butt got hurt.. same amount of details... thanks

"Thou shall not bear false witness"
There will be hell to pay.
Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the “M” is silent.......
Post #: 24
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 7/27/2017 4:19:00 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young
my butt got hurt.. same amount of details... thanks

Not much out there yet...other than he rode off in a golf cart.

Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> 2017 Training Camp Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode