Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2017 Training Camp

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2017 Training Camp Page: <<   < prev  24 25 26 [27] 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 12:11:44 AM   
JT2

Arguably, the three best RB's in the league right now are above that sweet spot.

< Message edited by JT2 -- 8/10/2017 12:13:18 AM >
Post #: 651
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 1:39:46 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

RosterWatch‏Verified account @RosterWatch 5h5 hours ago

CPatterson just told the fans to "Shut the F**K Up" after an absolutely terrible drop downfield from Carr for a would be TD #RaiderNation

I think Patterson still has a good side (as well as a dark side) but I'm betting that he was more angry with himself.

Him being angry with himself is irrelevant if he's saying that to the crowd, where ANYBODY can hear him. That conduct doesn't fly.

Its a bad look for him.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 652
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 2:00:34 AM   
JT2

"Flash" is an athletic freak. Unfortunately, he's also an idiot.
Post #: 653
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 4:26:35 AM   
Thomas O. Eliason

quote:

As far as being less visible to the defenders, why not have 5'-2" RB's dominating the league?

Midgets !

PPE II baby
Post #: 654
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 5:35:08 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Today's running backs are getting shorter. http://www.footballperspective.com/running-backs-getting-shorter-and-heavier/

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 655
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 8:13:46 AM   
Bill Jandro

Has Reiff been practicing or just working on the side?

I know he is a vet and probably doesn't need a lot of time to get up to speed but starting to worry.

One good aspect of his injury is that Hill has got a lot of reps

MLB---Choose well and Championships will follow
Post #: 656
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 9:07:56 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Has Reiff been practicing or just working on the side?

I know he is a vet and probably doesn't need a lot of time to get up to speed but starting to worry.

One good aspect of his injury is that Hill has got a lot of reps

Well hell Bill it appears he may be significantly better off then he would be with that "Hip injury" that you kept telling us about that is actually a back "twinge".

He practiced the last day I believe, and prolly doesn't need to go until the 3rd preseason game.

It is good Hill is getting some reps, and he's a guy I'll be spotlighting tonight.

Patience my friend patience.
Post #: 657
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 11:33:29 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

Like I said, far too many exceptions to this ideal RB height. You say Payton, I say Brown. You say Sanders, I say Dickerson. You say Tomlinson, I say Allen. You say Faulk, I say Harris. You say Thomas, I say Simpson, etc...

I don't think height, or lack of it, matters that much. Far more important is foot speed, explosion, low center of gravity and strength. Sure, generally speaking, smaller guys tend to have better foot speed, but that's not automatic either.

As far as being less visible to the defenders, why not have 5'-2" RB's dominating the league?

Arm length aids in blocking, receiving and ball security.

Because most people 5'2" or less are not just short, but they are too small weight and strength wise. I think a 5'2" 230 pounds of rock sold muscle RB that runs a 4.2 40 would dominate the league.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 658
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 12:01:18 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

Like I said, far too many exceptions to this ideal RB height. You say Payton, I say Brown. You say Sanders, I say Dickerson. You say Tomlinson, I say Allen. You say Faulk, I say Harris. You say Thomas, I say Simpson, etc...

I don't think height, or lack of it, matters that much. Far more important is foot speed, explosion, low center of gravity and strength. Sure, generally speaking, smaller guys tend to have better foot speed, but that's not automatic either.

Because most people 5'2" or less are not just short, but they are too small weight and strength wise. I think a 5'2" 230 pounds of rock sold muscle RB that runs a 4.2 40 would dominate the league.

Sproles?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 659
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 12:02:00 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Checking the Viking.com website roster, it looks like Cook is listed as two inches taller (5'11" vs 5'9") and eight pounds heavier than McKinnon. (213 vs 205)

http://www.vikings.com/team/roster.html

I'm also guessing Cook isn't made of tissue paper and duct tape.

McKinnon reminds me a whole lot of Mike Mamula.

I know it is hind sight but why did Spielman pick a qb to play rb in the 3rd rd?????

I like Jet but he couldn't have possibly rated as a 3rd rd pick when guys like Howard and Johnson (whom actually played rb) went in the 4 & 5th rd.

McKinnon has been relatively successful compared to two other higher-profile 2014 3rd round running backs, Tre Mason and Dri Archer. Got to give Spielman some credit for picking one of the better ones at that point in time.
Post #: 660
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 12:25:25 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

I think you are missing a very important aspect of a very good RB and that is superior vision. They see the hole sometimes before it forms and they use the foot speed, explosion, low center of gravity and strength to run through it. Micheal Bennett has all the things you mention but had no vision...thus happened a lot. He looked like he had no idea where to run.

All of us are entitled to our own opinion. None of us are entitled to our own facts. - Alan Page
Post #: 661
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 12:46:33 PM   
drviking

quote:

quote:

So would unicorns

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 662
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 1:37:05 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Sproles?

LOL he might be the closest thing to that description, but no not 230 and no 4.2.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 663
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 1:38:30 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

quote:

quote:

So would unicorns

So far Moritz Boehringer has not dominated the league.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 664
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 1:45:36 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Seven of the top 20 prospects in Walter Football running back rankings (for the 20017 draft) are 6'0" or more, but you don't see any above 6'1" I concede that the sweet spot is really a "sweet range", a rather narrow one, from about 5'9 to 6'1". I can admit when I'm wrong. I really wanted to believe the 5'10" sweet spot theory because that's what Cook is. I still think he will be special.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2017RB.php

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 8/10/2017 1:57:18 PM >

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 665
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 2:54:27 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

Seven of the top 20 prospects in Walter Football running back rankings (for the 20017 draft) are 6'0" or more, but you don't see any above 6'1" I concede that the sweet spot is really a "sweet range", a rather narrow one, from about 5'9 to 6'1". I can admit when I'm wrong. I really wanted to believe the 5'10" sweet spot theory because that's what Cook is. I still think he will be special.

cook is 5111....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 666
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 3:17:40 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

If he is special, it truly wont matter how tall he is...

All of us are entitled to our own opinion. None of us are entitled to our own facts. - Alan Page
Post #: 667
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 4:46:17 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

cook is 5111....

That's almost as tall as... Denver.
Post #: 668
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 5:32:18 PM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

cook is 5111....

That's almost as tall as... Denver.

John Denver?

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 669
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/10/2017 5:45:30 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

Not to mention Ye Old Stiff-arm!

Fix it Zimmer!!
Post #: 670
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/11/2017 12:36:42 PM   
I think we can unpin this now that camp is over.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 671
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/11/2017 7:41:23 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

Totally agree that nobody and I mean absolutely nobody is going to visit this topic anymore.
Post #: 672
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/11/2017 7:47:28 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

Totally agree that nobody and I mean absolutely nobody is going to visit this topic anymore.

You got that shit right.
Post #: 673
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/11/2017 7:59:03 PM   
Tom Sykes

Yeah it would take a great big mean-ass fool to keep posting here.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 8/11/2017 8:08:16 PM >
Post #: 674
RE: 2017 Training Camp - 8/11/2017 8:01:41 PM   
Bruce Johnson

It's kind of sad- kind of like saying goodbye to Mankato for the last time.

Post #: 675
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 26 [27] 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2017 Training Camp Page: <<   < prev  24 25 26 [27] 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode