Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 9:24:21 AM   
If you like Teddy you gotta like Case.
They are almost exactly the same player.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 26
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 9:26:03 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

https://mobile.twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/932485235991748609

Kind of got the feeling that Teddy was wowing them in practice, and here’s your evidence.

But I’m also appreciating the hell out of what Case is doing.

Doc I’m also sliding towards being about 1/4 HeadCase...

His throw to Rudolph down the seam was Bradfordesque-

Teddy's wowing em in practice but can't do at least what Case is doing and maybe hang a few less floaters up, miss a few less wide open receivers? Don't buy it.

No one and I mean no one would hang a SB contending season on Case's shoulders going into this season but most want to now because he's done well with our best OL/RB/WR/defense combos we've put together in a long time?

If there is one way to Viking this up it will be the innability to walk away from the safe bet that everyone says you have to make.

Existential midlife crisis mode engaged.
Post #: 27
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 9:30:50 AM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

If Bradford gets healthy do you still sit him for Case?

Playoff game? Probably not.

However, hypothetically if Case reverts, Teddy comes in and is ineffective. We sneak into playoffs with largely poor QB play, then yes.

Pretty much worst case scenario.

Sounds about right.

But I'd be lying if I didn't admit in the back of my mind I'd be wondering if Bradford was 100% how close to week one could he play. Hungry and healthy.

Post #: 28
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 9:33:12 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Yes. Sit him.

You need mobility against the good teams that make the playoffs.
Post #: 29
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 9:34:54 AM   
quote:

quote:

Playoff game? Probably not.

However, hypothetically if Case reverts, Teddy comes in and is ineffective. We sneak into playoffs with largely poor QB play, then yes.

Pretty much worst case scenario.

I know it's hypothetical, but why would Case revert?
There's no logical reason to expect that.
And revert to what?
I'll tell you what he wont revert to ... and that is playing on a shitty team.
He should only get better the more he plays. You don't get worse from practicing and playing.
That's not to say he won't have a bad outing sometime. They all do.
But we have a defense and running game that can neutralize an opponent as well.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 30
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 9:40:02 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

Kind of got the feeling that Teddy was wowing them in practice, and here’s your evidence.

Teddy's wowing em in practice but can't do at least what Case is doing and maybe hang a few less floaters up, miss a few less wide open receivers? Don't buy it.

No one and I mean no one would hang a SB contending season on Case's shoulders going into this season but most want to now because he's done well with our best OL/RB/WR/defense combos we've put together in a long time?

If there is one way to Viking this up it will be the innability to walk away from the safe bet that everyone says you have to make.

I love Teddy but we seem to forget his floaters and bad decisions(I remember the team overcoming a left handed flip INT with a defender holding his right arm) against GB when we in control of that game).

Case is rolling. People picking out 2 or 3 bad passes when there are 25 good to great ones doesn't make sense. He has a low INT total during this streak and moves around in the pocket to avoid sacks. He also stands in the pocket well and lets things develop without happy feet.
Post #: 31
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 9:41:03 AM   
Todd M

No one can say but what would our record me with either a healthy Bradford or Bridgewater this year with everything we have going on?

I mean is anyone actually thinking we owe 8-2 to Case?

Thankful for sure but does any one think he's been integral?

You have to tell me he's the better QB against either of the other two if everyone is healthy.

If Griff misses a couple of games and Bowers does ok we don't ride the hot hand....Griff gets the nod as a better player. QB is the most important position I want the best player not the hot hand.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 11/20/2017 9:46:08 AM >

Post #: 32
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 9:41:08 AM   
quote:

quote:

You worry too much Todd.
Just roll with it.
Waiting for failure didn't get you where you are today in your personal achievements.

Post #: 33
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 9:49:27 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Was anyone watching that GB game? I want to know if they started booing and leaving early. Tell me they did even if they didn't.

When they would go to the game on Red Zone they'd take a peak in the stands. Oh man, the long faces is a sight to see.
Post #: 34
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 9:49:33 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

no
Post #: 35
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 9:49:43 AM   
quote:

No one can say but what would our record me with either a healthy Bradford or Bridgewater this year with everything we have going on?

You have to tell me he's the better QB against either of the other two if everyone is healthy.

If Geoff misses a couple of games and Bowers does ok we don't ride the hot hand....Griff gets the nod as a better player. QB is the most important position I want the best player not the hot hand.

Case is the best QB on this team right now.
Teddy is an average QB ... just like Case ..., except Case is playing above average and leading like a Captain.
They are remarkably similar and you're not going to get more than we are getting at QB just by bringing Teddy in.

Post #: 36
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 9:51:03 AM   
Todd M

Well tbh you guys are scoring points with me this morning.

Just roll with it. That is enticing and would probably hurt my brain less...

Post #: 37
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 9:51:51 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

No, but if Bradford gets healthy and Case struggles for about 6 quarters I put Bradford in before Teddy.
Post #: 38
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 9:53:00 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

If Griff misses a couple of games and Bowers does ok we don't ride the hot hand....Griff gets the nod as a better player. QB is the most important position I want the best player not the hot hand.

Missing a couple games? Teddy's leg almost had to be amputated.

JMO but I believe Teddy would have bailed out multiple times yesterday and not been able to keep his head downfield. I think just the mental part will be his biggest obstacle. Wearing the red jersey in practice and completing passes is a little different than Aaron Donald and crew coming after you every play.
Post #: 39
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 9:56:31 AM   
Justin Sampson

Anyone else see this?

I saw Zimmer's interview with Deion last night after the game and he still wouldn't shut the door on Teddy. Prime asked him why he was considering Teddy after he hasn't played a snap in 2 years and Zimmer said "you haven't seen the things he's been doing in practice". He still reiterated that the door is open that there's a likelihood we will see Teddy this season. They cut back to the studio and LT and Eisen subtly blasted Zimmer for saying that and not naming Case the man the rest of the way.
Post #: 40
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 10:01:03 AM   
Todd M

**** me this is dumb.

I could be sitting here with perfect clarity about what the right route to the SB is and it won'take a lick of difference. Hell, I could have a peak into the future under all 3 circumstances and it still wouldn't matter. Whoever's in will dowhat they do..this team is too good and this year too promising to worry about things I can't control.. Here's me rolling with it...

< Message edited by Todd M -- 11/20/2017 10:08:29 AM >

Post #: 41
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 10:05:21 AM   
SteveR

Great win yesterday, kind of one of those "statement" wins.

Before the Rams game I felt it could go either way (for some reason I thought it was in LA) and then the Vikes would blow the game against the Lions.

Now I expect the Vikes to take care of business on Thursday in Detroit. They have a chance to own the division, need to take advantage.

Got to stick with Case. I don't even allow Bridgewater thoughts in my brain at this stage unless it is an emergency. His time will come if he is that great.
Post #: 42
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 10:06:34 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Justin Sampson

Anyone else see this?

I saw Zimmer's interview with Deion last night after the game and he still wouldn't shut the door on Teddy. Prime asked him why he was considering Teddy after he hasn't played a snap in 2 years and Zimmer said "you haven't seen the things he's been doing in practice". He still reiterated that the door is open that there's a likelihood we will see Teddy this season. They cut back to the studio and LT and Eisen subtly blasted Zimmer for saying that and not namving Case the man the rest of the way.

For me it's like you know...whatever.

Post #: 43
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 10:13:11 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

JMO but I believe Teddy would have bailed out multiple times yesterday and not been able to keep his head downfield. I think just the mental part will be his biggest obstacle. Wearing the red jersey in practice and completing passes is a little different than Aaron Donald and crew coming after you every play.

I've been warming up to Case obviously, and have no problem rolling with him.

That being said, you can't tell me that after watching that interview with Zimmer & Deion that He (Zim) just can't wait to pull the trigger on a QB change.

It's pretty obvious no matter what we think.
Post #: 44
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 10:22:54 AM   
quote:

quote:

quote:

That being said, you can't tell me that after watching that interview with Zimmer & Deion that He (Zim) just can't wait to pull the trigger on a QB change.

I don't see that at all Kurt.
I see a coach trying to tamp down controversy the media is trying to turn up.
Zimmer can only lose by bringing in Teddy now.
I say that because he is already winning with Case.
Now if we go into a funk, then sure.
But what are we doing that would incline one to believe we won't continue to win or be in every game?

Post #: 45
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 10:25:45 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

He thinks of Teddy as a son. I know he wants to see him out there at some point.

Maybe I'm giving Zimmer too much credit but I think he knows Case thrives when playing for his job(this year anyway). So don't ever say he is the man the rest of the year so he keeps his edge.
Post #: 46
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 10:26:59 AM   
kurt bilben

All these idiots that were raving about the Rams last week are hardly even mentioning their ass whooping yesterday.

One of them, Max Kellerman (A boxing announcer ) said "So what, Minnesota's a tough place to play, so they lost a road game, they're still one of the top teams in the NFC" Not one positive comment about the team that just handed the Rams their arses..

I love it..

Post #: 47
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 10:27:45 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He thinks of Teddy as a son. I know he wants to see him out there at some point.

Maybe I'm giving Zimmer too much credit but I think he knows Case thrives when playing for his job(this year anyway). So don't ever say he is the man the rest of the year so he keeps his edge.

Could very well be...
Post #: 48
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 10:28:11 AM   
Ricky J

It's been awhile since Teddy has been a game for us so my memory isn't so good and I only remember that when he needed to make a crucial drive he did it! Teddy isn't afraid of nothing, that's what I remember

I might not make much of a head coach cause I wouldn't blink while putting in Sam for that first playoff game if I saw the same positive results in practice what Zim says he's seeing in Teddy. This offensive was built for Sam. That drive he engineered earlier this year is the most beautiful drive anyone on here has ever witnessed watching our Vikings

And I don't get the question about whether he's hungry, Todd (et al). I never bought the heart thing ...

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 11/20/2017 10:40:38 AM >
Post #: 49
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 10:28:34 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

Rudy has a great play to stop an interception that was critical at the time

Iirc

His biggest play of the game.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode