Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 10:30:59 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

No one can say but what would our record me with either a healthy Bradford or Bridgewater this year with everything we have going on?

I mean is anyone actually thinking we owe 8-2 to Case?

Thankful for sure but does any one think he's been integral?

You have to tell me he's the better QB against either of the other two if everyone is healthy.

If Griff misses a couple of games and Bowers does ok we don't ride the hot hand....Griff gets the nod as a better player. QB is the most important position I want the best player not the hot hand.

Missing a couple games? Teddy's leg almost had to be amputated.

JMO but I believe Teddy would have bailed out multiple times yesterday and not been able to keep his head downfield. I think just the mental part will be his biggest obstacle. Wearing the red jersey in practice and completing passes is a little different than Aaron Donald and crew coming after you every play.

I've been warming up to Case obviously, and have no problem rolling with him.

That being said, you can't tell me that after watching that interview with Zimmer & Deion that He (Zim) just can't wait to pull the trigger on a QB change.

It's pretty obvious no matter what we think.

I don't see that at all Kurt.
I see a coach trying to tamp down controversy the media is trying to turn up.
Zimmer can only lose by bringing in Teddy now.
I say that because he is already winning with Case.
Now if we go into a funk, then sure.
But what are we doing that would incline one to believe we won't continue to win or be in every game?

"Tamp down controversy"?

What?

Tamping down controversy is saying Case Keenum is our starting QB the rest of the year....

Zimmer isn't saying that at all. In fact he seems to be doubling down on it.
Post #: 51
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 10:34:23 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

Rudy has a great play to stop an interception that was critical at the time

Iirc

His biggest play of the game.

Couple big 1st downs on the sideline, along with a great catch down the seam. (Cue David F. To say "My 68 y/o cousin could make that catch")

Solid game by Rudy, perhaps not Gronkesque....
Post #: 52
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 10:38:57 AM   
ambear

Bridge is Zims guy, and coach always wants to play his guy. But he also knows this is a team sport and a business and you just don't f@#k with something that is not broke.
Post #: 53
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 10:49:15 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

If Bradford gets healthy do you still sit him for Case?

He's out the equation in Minnesota. God bless him for what he did for us, but it's a wrap with him.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 54
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 10:49:40 AM   
Art

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No one can say but what would our record me with either a healthy Bradford or Bridgewater this year with everything we have going on?

You have to tell me he's the better QB against either of the other two if everyone is healthy.

If Griff misses a couple of games and Bowers does ok we don't ride the hot hand....Griff gets the nod as a better player. QB is the most important position I want the best player not the hot hand.

JMO but I believe Teddy would have bailed out multiple times yesterday and not been able to keep his head downfield. I think just the mental part will be his biggest obstacle. Wearing the red jersey in practice and completing passes is a little different than Aaron Donald and crew coming after you every play.

That being said, you can't tell me that after watching that interview with Zimmer & Deion that He (Zim) just can't wait to pull the trigger on a QB change.

But what are we doing that would incline one to believe we won't continue to win or be in every game?

"Tamp down controversy"?

What?

Tamping down controversy is saying Case Keenum is our starting QB the rest of the year....

Deon asks him if it's even a QB controversy.
Zimmer doesn't answer the question.
Yes, I'd say that is tamping down.

What happened?
Post #: 55
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 10:57:28 AM   
Art

As long as we keep winning, Case keeps playing.
Once we win 10 games, that's the end of it.
Case could throw a stinker up after that and Teddy won't get a nod.

The upside of all this is we are playing a QB playing the best football of his career ... Teddy gets torn down a little bit and works hard to try and reclaim his job next year ... and we no longer have a Bradford dilemma in the off-season.

I'm really not understanding you guys who are waiting for the bottom to fall out.
There's 20+ teams in this league that would love to have the QB play we are getting, yet some are trying to dig up excuses to bring in yet another backup this season.
Case is playing smart, tough (very tough), opportunistic football.
What more can you want?

What happened?
Post #: 56
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 11:06:41 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"Tamp down controversy"?

What?

Ok so saying “You’re not seeing what I’m seeing in practice, Teddy has been amazing”, and not answering the question is “Tamping down”?

Wow ok..
Post #: 57
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 11:09:32 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

Rudy has a great play to stop an interception that was critical at the time

Iirc

His biggest play of the game.

Couple big 1st downs on the sideline, along with a great catch down the seam. (Cue David F. To say "My 68 y/o cousin could make that catch")

Solid game by Rudy, perhaps not Gronkesque....

Rudolph had a good game. Five catches on seven targets for 58 yards. His performance, while good, should be expected - not a pleasant surprise. Is that fair?

I've come to the conclusion that I'm in an unhealthy co-dependent relationship with the Vikings. Damn it.
Post #: 58
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 11:10:00 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"Tamp down controversy"?

What?

Ok so saying “You’re not seeing what I’m seeing in practice, Teddy has been amazing”, and not answering the question is “Tamping down”?

Wow ok..

I must say I love watching you two bat the ball back n forth. When I do that with a friend he/she invariable is not my friend anymore - probably a learned behavior that I don't have enough time in this life to correct
Post #: 59
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 11:12:22 AM   
Art

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"Tamp down controversy"?

What?

Wow ok..

He's just trying to keep the peace.
Keep all his options open.
In no way did that interview say anything more than that unless that's what you want to hear.
I thought it was one of his better media sessions.
Evaded the question with some distracting Teddy is practicing great talk.

What happened?
Post #: 60
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 11:15:17 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"Tamp down controversy"?

What?

Wow ok..

In no way did that interview say anything more than that unless that's what you want to hear.

If your definition of “Tamping down” is pouring gasoline on the fire then yes, Zim Tamped the situation down.
Post #: 61
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 11:15:24 AM   
Art

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"Tamp down controversy"?

What?

Wow ok..

I must say I love watching you two bat the ball back n forth. When I do that with a friend he/she invariable is not my friend anymore - probably a learned behavior that I don't have enough time in this life to correct

When I read Kurt's posts I hear his voice speaking it. With his inflections and mannerisms.
Others reading might interpret it differently than we do. And you.

What happened?
Post #: 62
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 11:19:40 AM   
Art

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"Tamp down controversy"?

What?

Wow ok..

If your definition of “Tamping down” is pouring gasoline on the fire then yes, Zim Tamped the situation down.

Apparently TedHead sees it different than HeadCase.

Media this morning is saying Zimmer should just declare Case the starter.
I say don't.
Keep Case as the starter, keep propping up Teddy, and let the "controversy" roll.
It seems to be good for both players, the team and the coach.
Only the media doesn't like it.
Too bad.

What happened?
Post #: 63
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 11:20:53 AM   
Art

Speaking of inflections and mannerisms ... Mark Ingram is an Ian Joseph doppelganger.
Maybe not so much looks. Ian is much more handsome.
But the way they communicate ... wow.

What happened?
Post #: 64
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 11:22:10 AM   
David Levine

quote:

https://mobile.twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/932485235991748609

Kind of got the feeling that Teddy was wowing them in practice, and here’s your evidence.

But I’m also appreciating the hell out of what Case is doing.

Doc I’m also sliding towards being about 1/4 HeadCase...

His throw to Rudolph down the seam was Bradfordesque-

Deion: "I pick you up in a Lamorghini to go to a batting cage, and you foul it off you shin!"

Zim: "You were bunting! Who goes to a batting cage and bunts? I was trying to hit jacks!!"
Post #: 65
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 11:26:49 AM   
JT2

quote:

Speaking of inflections and mannerisms ... Mark Ingram is an Ian Joseph doppelganger.
Maybe not so much looks. Ian is much more handsome.
But the way they communicate ... wow.

Can Ian run like him?
Post #: 66
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 11:34:24 AM   
Ricky J

Fᴏᴏᴛʙᴀʟʟ Zᴇʙʀᴀs‏Verified account
@footballzebras
40m40 minutes ago

New post: Report: League admits error on grounding call that stalls [Washington's] last-minute drive

I thought that looked like a bullshit call. Cousins drops a step and fires it to the sideline which was clear the receiver ran an incorrect route - freekin' grounding (a call which most definitely wasn't created for that purpose)

Huge disadvantage handed to the 'Skiins trying win this game at end of the 4th q
Post #: 67
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 11:36:29 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

https://mobile.twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/932485235991748609

Kind of got the feeling that Teddy was wowing them in practice, and here’s your evidence.

But I’m also appreciating the hell out of what Case is doing.

Doc I’m also sliding towards being about 1/4 HeadCase...

His throw to Rudolph down the seam was Bradfordesque-

Deion: "I pick you up in a Lamorghini to go to a batting cage, and you foul it off you shin!"

Zim: "You were bunting! Who goes to a batting cage and bunts? I was trying to hit jacks!!"

As opposed to taking Zim's Ford pickup
Post #: 68
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 11:44:49 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

When I read Kurt's posts I hear his voice speaking it. With his inflections and mannerisms.

I'm don't think I interpret it that much differently. I just watch with interest - which I do a lot of things. I know I'm interpreted as angry a lot more than I ever am - probably should learn something from that some day
Post #: 69
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 11:45:54 AM   
Art

Zim's F150 with the camo trim.

Thumbnail Image

Attachment (1)

What happened?
Post #: 70
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 11:46:17 AM   
Ricky J

Minnesota Vikings @Vikings
Defense dominated on 3rd down in yesterday's win.
Post #: 71
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 11:46:40 AM   
El Duderino

quote:

I'm really not understanding you guys who are waiting for the bottom to fall out.

How long have you been following the Vikings? This is what we do!

quote:

I say don't.
Keep Case as the starter, keep propping up Teddy, and let the "controversy" roll.

Agreed 100%. And don't forget, that puts opposing defenses into the position where they have to at least put a little bit of time into the possibility that Zim makes the change.

The Dude Abides
Post #: 72
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 11:49:22 AM   
Art

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

I'm don't think I interpret it that much differently. I just watch with interest - which I do a lot of things. I know I'm interpreted as angry a lot more than I ever am - probably should learn something from that some day

That's what I meant.
Us guys who have actually met and hung out have a much different interpretation because we know each other personally.
I mean Todd O comes across as a real pain in the ass on here but we know he's straight up just an ass.

What happened?
Post #: 73
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 11:56:28 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: El Duderino

quote:

How long have you been following the Vikings? This is what we do!

quote:

I say don't.

Agreed 100%. And don't forget, that puts opposing defenses into the position where they have to at least put a little bit of time into the possibility that Zim makes the change.

it's amazing how everyone is telling zimmer how to do things - the vikings are winning...we just kicked ass on the media's new golden boy and they don't like it...if you're a vikings' fan and cannot embrace what zimmer is doing then you're in for a rough ride this season....

enjoy it - the journey is paradise....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 74
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 12:02:13 PM   
David F.

NOT publicly declaring a starter is the very best thing Zimmer can do. I imagine within the team they all know. At least I hope he's not hovering near the QBs with a clipboard making notes and disapproving noises every time one of them executes something with less than 100% perfection (Harry Potter fans think Dolores Umbridge). Although that would be really funny!

I've come to the conclusion that I'm in an unhealthy co-dependent relationship with the Vikings. Damn it.
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode