Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  311 312 [313] 314 315   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2018 4:01:07 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Just curious if anybody knows how long the Vikings season ticket waiting list is?

If you wanted a couple of tickets in the highest section is there still a PSL to pay?

I don't believe the Vikings will charge PSLs going forward. If season ticket holders decide to simply not renew their season tickets, then whoever buys those season tickets will not be billed PSLs, because the PSLs will have already been paid in full on initial purchase for the 2016 season (or at least the initial purchaser is fully committed to paying them off via a loan). So there is no double dipping on the PSLs by the team.

It may also be that if the market is good enough, current season ticket holders may agree to sell their PSLs, maybe for more than their original cost, or the same, or less. In this case, their is no such thing as a waiting list, the season ticket holders can sell their tickets to the highest bidder. I had heard that Pittsburgh's PSLs value had multiplied x 7 at one point.

So in answer to your question, the waiting list only applies to season tickets being peddled by the Vikings with no PSLs attached. If you've got the scratch, well, everybody's got their price.
Post #: 7801
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2018 4:12:46 PM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Dorn

Sign Case to a 3 year deal as the starter. Teddy to a 2 year deal as he backup. Option the third year for Case. If Teddy emerges Case becomes a trade-able asset or Teddy might.

Bradford has missed 3 complete seasons in his career. David F mentions Brees, if that becomes a possibility how fast can we get him but reality is he is a Saint.

Smith will cost a draft pick/s. Unsure about Cousins. Why is Washington letting him walk? Puts up numbers but is going to cost too much comparable to Case.

I like the team's chemistry. Case earned it in my eyes. No way am I tolling Bridgewater- insulting- he was injury from starting this season. He was active and the backup. Unless he is done and they keep him one more year out of respect. The hit is minimal.

With Teddy how do you determine is market value. If tolled his contract is 1.354M which is a great deal for the Vikings. Maybe that is his market value.

I agree about team chemistry. I'd also bring Keenum and Bridgewater back as his backup, although I'd franchise Keenum. No need to commit beyond one year in case last year really was a fluke. If the Vikings did that, and added say Sheldon Richardson (DT), and Andrew Norwell (OG), then had a solid draft, I would feel confident about their chances to get to the Superbowl next year. Would I feel better with Brees at QB? Sure, but it isn't going to happen. We can win with Keenum and a few upgrades to the team elsewhere.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 7802
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2018 6:32:51 PM   
Todd M

Sloter and...

Pick one...

I don't think any mix of 2 of the other 3 works.

They have the information I believe to make a choice. All 3 have skill and all 3 are a gamble. Case the least riskiest but with the smallest upside.

Pick one and give them money but give ourselves an out after 2 years. Tough titties if it doesn't work out. Stand with a guy and take your shot.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 1/26/2018 6:37:05 PM >

Waking up.
Post #: 7803
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2018 7:34:18 PM   
69in09

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty
The numbers posted are too much.
I'm simply asking for what Teddy did on 3rd downs in the 4th quarter, any idea ?

You are talking about a healthy Teddy in 2015 versus a Teddy in 2018 who hasn't played in 2 years.....makes it a non topic for me until we see a healthy Teddy that can play at the 2015 level even. Hard to believe he will be equal to the 2015 Teddy at this point.

He may just need to knock of the rust, 25 years old vs Case 30 years old.

From ALL accounts his arm is significantly stronger.

I’d love to see Teddy come back, but in no way would I rest the majority of our hopes on him, and Sloter alone.

Whoever you want to add to those two I’d be willing to listen. Prolly a short deal with Case would make the most sense.

we could give bradford $9, keenum $7m and bridgewater $4m and add healthy incentives to each deal so that whoever wins the starter position and/or plays in the games gets more money - figuring that we'd be paying about $25m overall for our quarterbacks...and we also keep sloter...perhaps we trade one of the top three after/during preseason so we're not carrying four on the final 53....

Those numbers don't represent reality if they actually hit Free agency.

The veteran starting QB average is $20M. All those guys think they are starters.

This is my burner account.
Post #: 7804
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2018 7:36:51 PM   
69in09

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-which-quarterback-will-be-under-center-for-the-vikings-next-season/

Good article about our QB situation and possible outcomes. Someone that finally addresses the Bridgewater "tolling" situation.

Post #: 7805
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2018 8:19:37 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: 69in09

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm simply asking for what Teddy did on 3rd downs in the 4th quarter, any idea ?

You are talking about a healthy Teddy in 2015 versus a Teddy in 2018 who hasn't played in 2 years.....makes it a non topic for me until we see a healthy Teddy that can play at the 2015 level even. Hard to believe he will be equal to the 2015 Teddy at this point.

I’d love to see Teddy come back, but in no way would I rest the majority of our hopes on him, and Sloter alone.

Whoever you want to add to those two I’d be willing to listen. Prolly a short deal with Case would make the most sense.

we could give bradford $9, keenum $7m and bridgewater $4m and add healthy incentives to each deal so that whoever wins the starter position and/or plays in the games gets more money - figuring that we'd be paying about $25m overall for our quarterbacks...and we also keep sloter...perhaps we trade one of the top three after/during preseason so we're not carrying four on the final 53....

The veteran starting QB average is $20M. All those guys think they are starters.

i admit that those are low numbers, but none of those three are going to get even $15m this next season from any team....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 7806
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2018 8:26:33 PM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

i admit that those are low numbers, but none of those three are going to get even $15m this next season from any team....

You the man Rat, but Mike Glennon got over $15 mil annually for much much less production then either Case, or Sam.
Post #: 7807
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2018 8:37:17 PM   
69in09

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You the man Rat, but Mike Glennon got over $15 mil annually for much much less production then either Case, or Sam.

Yeah, I was about to site that.

The math says Keenum will get $20M per. That’s why franchising him is viable as it would only be a year commitment.

Post #: 7808
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2018 9:02:07 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Amazing. Throw Cutler in there as well.

Lazy, ultra-conservative coaches and management. They'd much rather have an experienced, washed up has been, than take a risk on a young cat.

Frickin O'Brien couldn't even see what was in front of him.

Our staff needs to earn their pay and put together a comprehensive development plan for Sloter, rather than just hold him and hope to sell later.
Post #: 7809
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2018 9:30:12 PM   
marty

I wouldn't even gamble 15mil for Keenum.

Neither Keenum nor Bradford is worth any sort of gamble, they would only be worth a gamble if you got them BELOW market value, like 7mil(per season) or less. The only veteran worth gambling on would be Brees, throw 25mil per season at him, 2, maybe a 3 year deal.

Teddy is a gamble, but he shouldn't command a huge salary. I would go with Teddy and Sloter, and draft a QB in one of the 1st 3 rounds.
Post #: 7810
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2018 10:18:53 PM   
69in09

I think some of you need to reacquaint yourselves with the QB market.

Brees took a hometown discount of $24.2 to stay in NO. No chance he leaves and risks damaging his reputation for $25m.

Keenum just had a season in which he was in the MVP talk. He’s getting 20m it’s just a question of how many years.

Post #: 7811
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/26/2018 11:04:13 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

I wouldn't even gamble 15mil for Keenum.

Neither Keenum nor Bradford is worth any sort of gamble, they would only be worth a gamble if you got them BELOW market value, like 7mil(per season) or less. The only veteran worth gambling on would be Brees, throw 25mil per season at him, 2, maybe a 3 year deal.

Teddy is a gamble, but he shouldn't command a huge salary. I would go with Teddy and Sloter, and draft a QB in one of the 1st 3 rounds.

That is a huge gamble considering they didn't believe in Teddy enough to even have him on the roster for the playoff games.

I like the idea of franchising Case and signing Bridgewater to backup money, unless they can get Brees
Post #: 7812
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2018 12:49:32 AM   
quote:

Brees took a hometown discount of $24.2 to stay in NO. No chance he leaves and risks damaging his reputation for $25m.

Keenum just had a season in which he was in the MVP talk. He’s getting 20m it’s just a question of how many years.

Yep.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 7813
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2018 12:53:41 AM   
69in09

Regarding Keenum no one wants to hear this but he is going to be asking for a contract probably 3/60m or 4/75m.

This is why the non exclusive of 1 year franchise tag for 23m is In play.

If the team decides he is not worth that, we can still tag him and he is a tradeable asset.

If we don’t pay him, someone will.

Post #: 7814
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2018 12:54:04 AM   
What exactly has Sloter done to warrant enthusiasm anyway?

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 7815
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2018 12:59:06 AM   
JT2

quote:

How many MVP's has the best QB ever won?
That's meaningless. That's agent speak.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think failed us most, when it mattered, Zimmer, Keenum, the entire defense, Shurmur?
Post #: 7816
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2018 12:59:33 AM   
quote:

Regarding Keenum no one wants to hear this but he is going to be asking for a contract probably 3/60m or 4/75m.

If the team decides he is not worth that, we can still tag him and he is a tradeable asset.

I think it's a foregone conclusion we are franchising him.
The question is Bridge. Do we force him to honor the CBA clause or offer him a deal first?

Post #: 7817
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2018 1:04:13 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

Just out of curiosity, what do you think failed us most, when it mattered, Zimmer, Keenum, the entire defense, Shurmur?

Its not agent speak.
It's reality.
He played his ass off and without him we'd probably have swapped places with Detroit at best. Thats a valuable player.

As far as 38-7 ... it has to be Zimmer. The entire team underperformed. That has to be placed on the HC.

Post #: 7818
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2018 1:04:41 AM   
69in09

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

quote:

I think it's a foregone conclusion we are franchising him.
The question is Bridge. Do we force him to honor the CBA clause or offer him a deal first?

I think we should allow the contract to toll. His injury is the exact reason that clause is in there. He was an asset of ours and we paid him for two years with zero return. His contract should toll and he should be expected to perform at the previously agreed upon rate 1,3 m .

Post #: 7819
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2018 1:06:48 AM   
69in09

quote:

quote:

quote:

Its not agent speak.
It's reality.
He played his ass off and without him we'd probably have swapped places with Detroit at best. Thats a valuable player.

As far as 38-7 ... it has to be Zimmer. The entire team underperformed. That has to be placed on the HC.

+1

Post #: 7820
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2018 1:08:02 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

I think he's kind of like the Chicago Bears quarterback. He has the measurables and he has the physical traits that you like to see in a qb, but without the track record of accomplishment- a project.

I don't know what his chances are, but it seems that quarterbacks do need to show something on the field before they are worthy of a high pick. Nevertheless, the Vikings did not really invest that much.

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 7821
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2018 1:10:16 AM   
JT2

quote:

So, sign him and dump him? What should/could he have done to make you optimistic?

Maybe we stick with retreads, rentals, and back-ups. Maybe we stick with the run first, stop the run philosophy. Who needs a QB? Maybe we should actually invest in the process of developing a QB. What's the downside?
Post #: 7822
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2018 1:12:13 AM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

Its not agent speak.
It's reality.

I appreciate your answer.
Post #: 7823
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2018 1:15:09 AM   
quote:

quote:

So, sign him and dump him? What should/could he have done to make you optimistic?

Maybe we stick with retreads, rentals, and back-ups. Maybe we stick with the run first, stop the run philosophy. Who needs a QB? Maybe we should actually invest in the process of developing a QB. What's the downside?

I can't comment.
I've seen nothing except a YouTube video of some preseason passes.
Thats why I'm asking ... why are people high on him?

Post #: 7824
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/27/2018 1:24:58 AM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

I can't comment.
I've seen nothing except a YouTube video of some preseason passes.
Thats why I'm asking ... why are people high on him?

He's raw as fukc. He's a today size QB. He's a pretty good athlete. Moves his feet. Can throw with extreme velocity. He's exactly the guy you want, providing you have a staff/system that can develop him. Unfortunately Norv and Scott are in Carolina, I'm sure they could put in the work to make him great.
Post #: 7825
Page:   <<   < prev  311 312 [313] 314 315   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  311 312 [313] 314 315   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode