Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 5:24:59 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

Does anybody understand it?

Article 20, Section 2 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement reads:

“Any player placed on a Physically Unable to Perform list (‘PUP’) will be paid his full Paragraph 5 Salary while on such list. His contract will not be tolled for the period he is on PUP, except in the last year of his contract, when the player’s contract will be tolled if he is still physically unable to perform his football services as of the sixth regular season game.”

On the PFT Live program with host Mike Florio, Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman was asked relative directly if Bridgewater’s contract could be tolled. His answer was measured and thought out, expressing an answer that he didn’t really want to make.

“We know the rule very well,” Spielman said. “We’ve talked to the Management Council. We understand everything that’s involved with it, but again, it’s something from a contractual standpoint that I’d rather not comment on. But, there are specific rules there and we’re quite aware of what the rules are.”

Given the rarity of this exemption, it could turn out to be a landmark dispute between the league and its players union. There is no real clarity as to how the article of the CBA will be interpreted, but the language seems pretty clear as it is written – if Bridgewater is on the PUP list in Week 1, he would appear to be under contract with the team next year as well.

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 11/20/2017 5:36:54 PM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 126
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 5:41:33 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I didn't see it. None of us saw it. (the extraordinary play of Keenum)

A little sneaky under the radar is the play of Latavius Murray. He seems everything we hoped for, right now. It took him awhile to get right, but he looks confident and decisive, now.

Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. (Helen Keller)
Post #: 127
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 5:42:07 PM   
ambear

Case will get paid next year, just not by us. He is a journeyman, udfa, Texans,then STL, back to Texans, back to STL/LA, then to us. He will move on and make good money. Nature of the game.
Post #: 128
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 5:56:57 PM   
Steve Lentz

Just win Thursday.
The Lions are on a 3 game winning streak against us and our earlier game was the worst game our offense has had this year.
This will be a great test for Case and crew.

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 129
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 5:57:34 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Going through QB stats, 12 TD/5 Int stood out. That stat stood out because there are QBs with 25/5 and 22/2. Case is doing well, he plays gutsy. He helps the OL (few sacks) with his movement. But, there is this lingering feeling, partly tied to being 8-2, the D, the OL, that he is not really all that but rather just this upper middling guy playing over his head. He's a guy you want to root for, but a harsh defeat in Jan can squash that in a moment. And not convinced Teddy is that much better or ready to get into a groove starting in Dec. Plus can a healthy Bradford be allowed to return after the regular season? He is the guy who starts hot, both week one games last year and this year.

Conflicted.

Edit: I see we are 8th is scoring, just rushing and receiving. Don't know what our opposing strength of defenses is, but 8th is good enough to stop being conflicted and just accept Case for what he is!

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 11/20/2017 6:12:31 PM >
Post #: 130
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:00:08 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

ESPN’s Total Quarterback Rating (Total QBR), which was released in 2011, has never claimed to be perfect, but unlike other measures of quarterback performance, it incorporates all of a quarterback’s contributions to winning, including how he impacts the game on passes, rushes, turnovers and penalties. Also, since QBR is built from the play level, it accounts for a team’s level of success or failure on every play to provide the proper context and then allocates credit to the quarterback and his teammate to produce a clearer measure of quarterback efficiency.

2017 keenum 73.9
2016 bradford 53.1
2015 bridgewater 57.7

2017 tom brady 72.4
2016 tom brady 79.4

2017 carson wentz 70.8

He has like the 17th best season for all QBs the last 10 years. I kind of question the ESPN model.
Post #: 131
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:00:57 PM   
Todd M

quote:

Extraordinary play

quote:

MVP consideration

0 TD's
0 TD's
1 TD
1TD 1 INT
0TD 1 INT
2TD 1 INT
1 TD

Those are 7 of his 9 appearances. To go along with 217 yards per game. Those say neither extraordinary or MVP.

Come on folks. Us Tedheads are accused of promoting something that the numbers don't support...yet...

Now I;m not saying Teddy's year 1 or 2 numbers are extraordinary or MVP worthy...but...I'd be willing to compare numbers under pressure...even though Case has faced what, 80% less?

Waking up.
Post #: 132
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:03:12 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ambear

Case will get paid next year, just not by us. He is a journeyman, udfa, Texans,then STL, back to Texans, back to STL/LA, then to us. He will move on and make good money. Nature of the game.

i think it's all a matter of how well we do in the playoffs - get us to the nfccg and he gets a pay as you go $10m/yr deal...get us to the super bowl and he gets a $15m/yr deal with one year guaranteed...win the super bowl and he wins the vikings' journeyman quarterback lottery - $20m/yr deal one year guaranteed....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 133
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:16:13 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

Extraordinary play

quote:

MVP consideration

0 TD's
0 TD's
1 TD
1TD 1 INT
0TD 1 INT
2TD 1 INT
1 TD

Those are 7 of his 9 appearances. To go along with 217 yards per game. Those say neither extraordinary or MVP.

Come on folks. Us Tedheads are accused of promoting something that the numbers don't support...yet...

Now I;m not saying Teddy's year 1 or 2 numbers are extraordinary or MVP worthy...but...I'd be willing to compare numbers under pressure...even though Case has faced what, 80% less?

I agree with all that. But (indirectly) WHY he is pressured less? It could be because he makes them pay, or at least made the rams pay. And the OL is a factor in that.

Too apples to oranges nonetheless.
Post #: 134
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:17:58 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Who knew Jeff Allen had so many fanboys is his “#$&* Teddy Bridgewater” basement closet?

When I watch the lazy, floating, rainbow balloons that Keenum throws with mediocre accuracy, to the point that all of our receivers have become Jedi Knight gymnastics experts to haul in these “right zip code, wrong address” throws, I just SMH and marvel at the STML and willingness of some to be happy as clams with a quarterback who throws almost exclusively jump balls.

Keenum has benefited from a vastly improved offensive line and running back situation, and an offensive play caller that has by far, demonstrated what a millstone around ANY quarterbacks skill set, Norv Turner was.

Bridgewater was drafted for a reason, he was our QBOTF.

What happened in a no contact drill, in preseason, to Bridgewater’s leg was horrific and unfortunate.

Bridgewater was the undisputed, well liked and totally respected starting quarterback.

A Leader, who displayed escapability, mobility, and command of the huddle.

I fully expect the Vikings to get Bridgewater back on the field, some time... you are always one play away from next man up at every position in the NFL

Zimmer knows it and so should All the Jeff Allen fanboys.

JMO.

"Thou shall not bear false witness"
There will be hell to pay.
Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the “M” is silent.......
Post #: 135
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:20:14 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Need to stop comparing Case and Teddy.

Different stadium.
Different opponents.
Different ages.
Different OCs.
Different systems.
Different RBs.
Different OL - four of five new and zero overall playing the same position.
Different WRs outright, and of those who are the same there are different levels of experience, fit into the scheme, etc.

OK, so Rudolph is the same and at about the same level. You comparo meisters got that goin' for ya.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 11/20/2017 6:22:16 PM >
Post #: 136
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:22:02 PM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Teddy's best season
16 Games
3231 yards
14 TD
9 Int
Rate 88.7
QBR 60.4

Case 2017
8.5 games
2194 Yards
12 TD
5 Int
Rate 93.7
QBR 73.9
Mobility---5 Sacks Taken in 8.5 games.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Case is #2 in QBR right now----Deshaun Watson is #1.

I love to speculate but it would take more than balls to put Teddy in, it would take brass balls.....

I hear you

I don't think I am opposed to case...you make really good points

Just watching his throws is hard...they don't look right

I love watching him move and make plays

I love watching his interview

I love his fight

He throws with anticipation and trust.
Ball is out early and headed for where the WR should be. Especially Thielen.

Listen, Teddy has some ugly throws in his portfolio too.
I never liked his grip and release. Feel he gets too much love for a guy that has done nothing so far.
We can't ride that one playoff drive forever. It didn't end in a win. Not his fault. Should have won. Now if he drove for a TD ....

This will go on for some time between the TedHeads and the HeadCases but in reality it is Cases's job to lose. It is not Teddy's job to win anymore. He can't get on the field to win it because Case is having a magical season. Todd M wanted to see the magic ... but he's closing his eyes while it's happening.

Sign them both next year and let them fight it out.
If Teddy balks, toll his ass.

Take a deep breath my friend.

Can't everyone see we are in a pretty good situation here.

Keenum is playing pretty well. If he starts to stink it up, or gets nicked up, or even hurt we at least have been given the impression that Teddy will not embarrass himself, and quite possibly be fairly dynamic.

Our overall talent level is actually amazing in that it can overcome numerous changes at the QB position and still appear to be elite.

Conversely the Packers continue to be a dumpster fire when they lose there HOF QB play.

Yeah it might be a little pricey, but I'd roll with Teddy, and Case next year, and develop Sloter.... Perhaps the most promising 3 QB's going into a season I can remember us having.

Add in Dalvin Cook, and you have a great chance to repeat a SB championship next year...
Post #: 137
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:22:54 PM   
Ricky J

I think Teddy v. Case comparisons are so apple n oranges based on the different OCs. Let Case work for grandpa and what would he be looking like in our eyes right now.

Waste of energy trying to prove a point with numbers, imo

* and I jumped 2 pages so I'm sure I'm being redundant today (positive if we bring in older posts)

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 11/20/2017 6:44:45 PM >
Post #: 138
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:23:50 PM   
Jason Dorn

quote:

quote:

Extraordinary play

quote:

MVP consideration

0 TD's
0 TD's
1 TD
1TD 1 INT
0TD 1 INT
2TD 1 INT
1 TD

Its 244 Yds/gm for Case. http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYardsPerGame

Not as off as you think. Numbers improve and Vikes keep rolling ... MVP consideration.

That said- nothing will surprise me regarding Teddy and what he is capable of.
Post #: 139
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:25:22 PM   
Todd M

quote:

Yeah it might be a little pricey, but I'd roll with Teddy, and Case next year

If there's a way to do it Id say I was very interested in doing that.

Waking up.
Post #: 140
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:26:53 PM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Who knew Jeff Allen had so many fanboys is his “#$&* Teddy Bridgewater” basement closet?

When I watch the lazy, floating, rainbow balloons that Keenum throws with mediocre accuracy, to the point that all of our receivers have become Jedi Knight gymnastics experts to haul in these “right zip code, wrong address” throws, I just SMH and marvel at the STML and willingness of some to be happy as clams with a quarterback who throws almost exclusively jump balls.

Keenum has benefited from a vastly improved offensive line and running back situation, and an offensive play caller that has by far, demonstrated what a millstone around ANY quarterbacks skill set, Norv Turner was.

Bridgewater was drafted for a reason, he was our QBOTF.

What happened in a no contact drill, in preseason, to Bridgewater’s leg was horrific and unfortunate.

Bridgewater was the undisputed, well liked and totally respected starting quarterback.

A Leader, who displayed escapability, mobility, and command of the huddle.

I fully expect the Vikings to get Bridgewater back on the field, some time... you are always one play away from next man up at every position in the NFL

Zimmer knows it and so should All the Jeff Allen fanboys.

JMO.

To be fair that would be the "Lil Jeffy" fanboy club....

Just sayin.
Post #: 141
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:27:00 PM   
quote:

quote:

Extraordinary play

quote:

MVP consideration

0 TD's
0 TD's
1 TD
1TD 1 INT
0TD 1 INT
2TD 1 INT
1 TD

Like I've said a few times here: they are very similar.
How much more can you expect from a cold stone like Teddy than we are already getting?
Wins? Not likely.
Yards? Not likely.
Passing TD's? Not likely.

So the question is why change a good thing?
You like the guy? Or don't like the other?
Take a look for next year?

No sane coach would do any of that.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 142
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:27:28 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Dorn

quote:

quote:

Extraordinary play

quote:

MVP consideration

0 TD's
0 TD's
1 TD
1TD 1 INT
0TD 1 INT
2TD 1 INT
1 TD

Its 244 Yds/gm for Case. http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYardsPerGame

Not as off as you think. Numbers improve and Vikes keep rolling ... MVP consideration.

I only did yards/game for those 7 games. Those other two games are good yardage games.

Waking up.
Post #: 143
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:29:15 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

Teddy's best season
16 Games
3231 yards
14 TD
9 Int
Rate 88.7
QBR 60.4

Case 2017
8.5 games
2194 Yards
12 TD
5 Int
Rate 93.7
QBR 73.9

I love to speculate but it would take more than balls to put Teddy in, it would take brass balls.....

I hear you

I love his fight

I never liked his grip and release. Feel he gets too much love for a guy that has done nothing so far.
We can't ride that one playoff drive forever. It didn't end in a win. Not his fault. Should have won. Now if he drove for a TD ....

This will go on for some time between the TedHeads and the HeadCases but in reality it is Cases's job to lose. It is not Teddy's job to win anymore. He can't get on the field to win it because Case is having a magical season. Todd M wanted to see the magic ... but he's closing his eyes while it's happening.

Keenum is playing pretty well. If he starts to stink it up, or gets nicked up, or even hurt we at least have been given the impression that Teddy will not embarrass himself, and quite possibly be fairly dynamic.

Our overall talent level is actually amazing in that it can overcome numerous changes at the QB position and still appear to be elite.

Conversely the Packers continue to be a dumpster fire when they lose there HOF QB play.

Yeah it might be a little pricey, but I'd roll with Teddy, and Case next year, and develop Sloter.... Perhaps the most promising 3 QB's going into a season I can remember us having.

Add in Dalvin Cook, and you have a great chance to repeat a SB championship next year...

Right now I would easily trade Case and Teddy for a healthy Rodgers, Brady, or real elite QB. With this D, we'd be easy favorites to win it all.
Post #: 144
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:31:33 PM   
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Teddy's best season
16 Games
3231 yards
14 TD
9 Int
Rate 88.7
QBR 60.4

Case 2017
8.5 games
2194 Yards
12 TD
5 Int
Rate 93.7
QBR 73.9

I hear you

I love his fight

There you go brah.
Now we're talking.
Totally confident that Teddy can do everything Case is ... except escaping. That is a big fat TBD.
If he gets in for whatever reason, 100% behind him.
Also 100% behind Case right now because he has earned it on the field, and likely in the locker room.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 145
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:39:26 PM   
kurt bilben

The guys from Sirius XM Movin the Chains have commented continually on what a special season we're having, and how rare it is that you can win at this rate (or win at all) with a backup QB.

Speaks volumes of our talent level.
Post #: 146
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:41:15 PM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Teddy's best season
16 Games
3231 yards
14 TD
9 Int
Rate 88.7
QBR 60.4

Case 2017
8.5 games
2194 Yards
12 TD
5 Int
Rate 93.7
QBR 73.9

I hear you

I love his fight

Right now I would easily trade Case and Teddy for a healthy Rodgers, Brady, or real elite QB. With this D, we'd be easy favorites to win it all.

Yeah, not exactly what I meant, but yeah so would I.
Post #: 147
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:42:54 PM   
Todd M

quote:

The guys from Sirius XM Movin the Chains have commented continually on what a special season we're having, and how rare it is that you can win at this rate (or win at all) with a backup QB.

Speaks volumes of our talent level.

Case is the beneficiary of that.

Waking up.
Post #: 148
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:43:43 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ambear

i think it's all a matter of how well we do in the playoffs - get us to the nfccg and he gets a pay as you go $10m/yr deal...get us to the super bowl and he gets a $15m/yr deal with one year guaranteed...win the super bowl and he wins the vikings' journeyman quarterback lottery - $20m/yr deal one year guaranteed....

I think your numbers are WAY off. 10M/year if he gets to the NFCC game? 15M with 1 year guaranteed for making the Super Bowl?

10M would make him the 21st paid QB this year...Of the next 12 guys (below 10M), 8 are on rookie deals...
Post #: 149
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2017 6:47:47 PM   
quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Dorn

quote:

quote:

Extraordinary play

quote:

MVP consideration

0 TD's
0 TD's
1 TD
1TD 1 INT
0TD 1 INT
2TD 1 INT
1 TD

I only did yards/game for those 7 games. Those other two games are good yardage games.

I don't know why I'm pushing this but if you took Teddy's 2015 year and picked his 7 least yardage games his average is 172 YPG.

He's had some low yardage games and the most TD's he's thrown in a full season is 14.
Blame it on whatever ... it's still nowhere near enough to replace Case.

You wanted to see some magic ... it's happening ... just not the way you expected.

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode