Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2018 Free Agents

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2018 Free Agents Page: <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/27/2018 1:02:01 AM   
69in09

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: 69in09

Stars for everyone! This is great!

You're already in the lead for Poster of the Year. You clever bastard.

Stars for you too MF!

This is my burner account.
Post #: 1001
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/27/2018 3:34:35 AM  1 votes
Ian Joseph

Todd, man to man, I'm worried about you. You just don't seem at all like the guy we met in seattle.

If you ever want to talk about life, PM me for my cell. I don't know if you still have my number, but if not, I'll give it to you.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1002
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/27/2018 7:31:40 AM  1 votes
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I guess you guys don't know what it's like for someone put you down and then see someone, or multiple people 'like' it. It's one thing to face, or know that someone thinks poory of you, it's the annonymous shots in the dark that get me. Knowing people favor you being insulted, or brought down a peg.

Guess it shouldn't bug me, but it does. Most of y'all have no experience with it that's for sure.

I don't blame you and I don't like to see anyone "put down" here and you know how I reacted to my own put down recently. You and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, that's for sure. Nevertheless, I may be your biggest fan. When you laughed at my mistake I was so angry, but you know, if it was from Joe Blow I wouldn't have cared.

I'm so grateful that you are here to chat with. I'm on Vikings Facebook pages where everyone speaks as one. (boring) I do appreciate it chatting with someone who loves the Vikings like I do, but thinks differently. I've had my volcano eruption, so I'll try to be good, now. Peace be with you.

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 1003
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/27/2018 11:18:31 AM  1 votes
Todd M

How about we try this...

I'll thank you, Ian, for the offer. I'll thank you, Bruce, for the very kind sentiment. I'll apologize to all the good people here I've offended here and there with my posting style, temperament, words.

I admit to having a bit of a disconnect with being told I'm not the same person from - insert arbitrary time...but I've been told that more than once or twice. Even if don't see it, perception is reality I guess.

I'm not prepared to walk away, or quit, I'm invested in this, and care about some of the people here very much. It's probably best if I slink into the background a bit. For a decade, from my perspective, me beig me and fully participating inevitability gets under someone's skin. Or sets certain people off. Sure seems I've gotten in more battles than most.

Despite the perception I am happy and healthy. Still rolling along having beaten diaetes. Something I'm very proud of. Not looking for attention or trying to play any victim card...I am tired of fighting. So I will take s step back, self evaluate, and try to figure out what it is exactly that sees me bumping heads, sometimes disgustingly so with people, while others never seem to.

Existential midlife crisis mode engaged.
Post #: 1004
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/27/2018 1:10:48 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Thanks kg. I think mcfuckface's lapdog got their negative rating in too...

Hey, you got three stars!

I echo what other posters here have said, nobody even notices the star ratings unless you bring them up. They mean nothing.

Seems you have your psyche wrapped up in posts on a thread. Agreed, you should take a hiatus and do some introspection.

And FWIW, you don't offend per se, but most aren't into this being a touchy-feely support network. I PMed you.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 5/27/2018 1:16:43 PM >
Post #: 1005
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/27/2018 1:39:06 PM   
Jason Dorn

As for the Vikings I have it on a good authority that this season's group is fiercely galvanized after a good year ended uncomfortably humbling. It is a journey and this group is still rising with a great deal to prove to themselves after struggling to close the NO game and unraveling in Philly. It is a working atmosphere, all business, with focus on execution. Vets are fine tuning and young players are absorbing but all are working toward the singular goal of winning the Super Bowl - emphasize winning - not just getting there.

Coach Zimmer is doing fine and wants everyone to know how bad he feels after the let down in the NFCCG which hit him hard but only strengthens his resolve to lead the Vikings to that elusive championship. It was a shot to the gut. Gotta deal with defeat if you want to enjoy the Victory. Coach Zimmer hopes you all still believe in your Vikings ... a team that is only going to be better and is anxious to prove it against the NFL's best.

Skol

Skol

Skol

Skol

Just a few short months until it's back. Believe - We the Vikings - are gonna get this job done.

Skol
Post #: 1006
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/27/2018 5:46:45 PM   
Bill Johanesen

So Jason, how accurate is this info?
Post #: 1007
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/27/2018 8:41:15 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Good Authority.

Also known as Jason's gut.
Post #: 1008
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/27/2018 8:47:23 PM   
Jason Dorn

quote:

Which part? - by the way Thank you and all for serving our country. No football or forums for discussion without those protecting freedom.

What that a football team is working hard? Coach Zimmer feels bad for the humbler and is driven to take it further? It's a young team that should be better? I suppose I could email Coach Zimmer and wait for a response. No I have no inside information other than most of those thoughts are common sense in my mind. I suppose the sarcasm can be missed as it was premised with back to Vikings and wrote in a reporting style. If so pardon any misinterpretation or if you feel misinformed.

The good authority ... Let's just say its a helluva lot better than wrapping on one another.
Post #: 1009
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/27/2018 8:53:07 PM   
thebigo

quote:

How about we try this...

I'll thank you, Ian, for the offer. I'll thank you, Bruce, for the very kind sentiment. I'll apologize to all the good people here I've offended here and there with my posting style, temperament, words.

I admit to having a bit of a disconnect with being told I'm not the same person from - insert arbitrary time...but I've been told that more than once or twice. Even if don't see it, perception is reality I guess.

I'm not prepared to walk away, or quit, I'm invested in this, and care about some of the people here very much. It's probably best if I slink into the background a bit. For a decade, from my perspective, me beig me and fully participating inevitability gets under someone's skin. Or sets certain people off. Sure seems I've gotten in more battles than most.

Despite the perception I am happy and healthy. Still rolling along having beaten diaetes. Something I'm very proud of. Not looking for attention or trying to play any victim card...I am tired of fighting. So I will take s step back, self evaluate, and try to figure out what it is exactly that sees me bumping heads, sometimes disgustingly so with people, while others never seem to.

I've done that, because sometimes things here ( and you could argue that generally with the interweb) somehow seem so disconnected with my actual reality. Is it me being a jackass, or is it others just having douchebag Interweb personalities that don't really jibe with their real selves, or are they in fact douchebags in real life and the interweb is just an accurate depiction of their real selves? It's often hard so see that in others, and frankly it's hard to identify in myself, because assuredly others don't see me as I see myself.
Post #: 1010
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/27/2018 9:03:46 PM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

How about we try this...

I've done that, because sometimes things here ( and you could argue that generally with the interweb) somehow seem so disconnected with my actual reality. Is it me being a jackass, or is it others just having douchebag Interweb personalities that don't really jibe with their real selves, or are they in fact douchebags in real life and the interweb is just an accurate depiction of their real selves? It's often hard so see that in others, and frankly it's hard to identify in myself, because assuredly others don't see me as I see myself.

I know exactly how you feel.

I see myself as a combination of Steve McQueen, and the Most Interesting man in the world, and I truly don’t get it when people view me differently..

Post #: 1011
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/27/2018 9:17:41 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

How about we try this...

I see myself as a combination of Steve McQueen, and the Most Interesting man in the world, and I truly don’t get it when people view me differently..

Which most interesting man in the world? I could see it, if it was the second one. Definitely not the first.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 1012
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/27/2018 9:18:03 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

How about we try this...

That's spot on with my impression of you. Along with a little dose of Jim Carrey in 'Dumb & Dumber'.
Post #: 1013
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/27/2018 9:40:55 PM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

How about we try this...

Which most interesting man in the world? I could see it, if it was the second one. Definitely not the first.

Not sure I’ve been insulted worse..

The new guy is horrific, as are the new writers....

But thanks nonetheless..
Post #: 1014
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/27/2018 9:42:27 PM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How about we try this...

That's spot on with my impression of you. Along with a little dose of Jim Carrey in 'Dumb & Dumber'.

Yep him too.. (Lloyd Christmas)
Post #: 1015
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/27/2018 9:45:27 PM   
Jason Dorn

quote:

quote:

Good Authority.

Also known as Jason's gut.

Hey now Been working on that - too many Grain Belt Premium's on tap back in the day living in the north metro. Betcha cold beer is tasting good with the near record temps.
Post #: 1016
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/27/2018 10:44:48 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How about we try this...

That's what I was shooting for.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 1017
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/27/2018 11:04:10 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How about we try this...

But thanks nonetheless..

That is called fixing something that isn't broken.

What's next? Getting rid of the whole Dilly Dilly cast.
Post #: 1018
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/28/2018 11:39:34 PM   
69in09

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How about we try this...

But thanks nonetheless..

I agree what they did to the dos equis man is horrible, but it pales compared to what has happened to a true American Icon.

Colonel Sanders has been stripped of all his dignity. What KFC has done to him is unfathomable.

First they bounce around to different stereo typical figures, to undermine his classic identity.

Then make him into some type of country singing transgender thingy?

Next, they tan him so much he looks like an actual piece of chicken? How is that supposed to sell chicken?

Although he can now sing a catchy beat, it's despicable what has happened to him.

Post #: 1019
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/29/2018 7:46:26 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I don't know. I kind of like the new ads. It makes me laugh and I like that.

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 1020
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/29/2018 9:01:30 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How about we try this...

But thanks nonetheless..

I agree what they did to the dos equis man is horrible, but it pales compared to what has happened to a true American Icon.

Colonel Sanders has been stripped of all his dignity. What KFC has done to him is unfathomable.

First they bounce around to different stereo typical figures, to undermine his classic identity.

Next, they tan him so much he looks like an actual piece of chicken? How is that supposed to sell chicken?

Although he can now sing a catchy beat, it's despicable what has happened to him.

You sure the tan Colonel Sanders isn’t the infamously tanned George Hamilton?

It’s beyond me why Dos Equis would scrap that campaign, and piggy back on it with this crap. It goes well beyond the new actor. I’m shocked they roll out a National Marketing skit that is devoid of any comedic value at all.

The original campaign raised sales profits by an insane 15.4% on its own.

< Message edited by kurt bilben -- 5/29/2018 9:02:35 AM >
Post #: 1021
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/29/2018 9:31:55 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

It’s beyond me why Dos Equis would scrap that campaign, and piggy back on it with this crap. It goes well beyond the new actor. I’m shocked they roll out a National Marketing skit that is devoid of any comedic value at all.

Yes it is George Hamilton to hawk the extra crispy chicken.

The Dos Equis fiasco was supposed to be to rebrand the character to millenials. Epic fail. Millenials think the new guy sucks too. And your right. The writing for the campaign is just awful now. It used to be lines that were actually funny like the last time he flirted with danger, danger got clingy or he once parallel parked a train, while watching a series of things he has done over the years. Things that are actually interesting, like cavorting with royalty, sitting in hot springs with Japanese snow monkeys, climbing out of a hole in the ice with a giant fish. Now we get a lame joke while he kicks a field goal with a coconut.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 5/29/2018 9:33:02 AM >

Post #: 1022
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/29/2018 1:07:21 PM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

Yes it is George Hamilton to hawk the extra crispy chicken.

The Dos Equis fiasco was supposed to be to rebrand the character to millenials. Epic fail. Millenials think the new guy sucks too. And your right. The writing for the campaign is just awful now. It used to be lines that were actually funny like the last time he flirted with danger, danger got clingy or he once parallel parked a train, while watching a series of things he has done over the years. Things that are actually interesting, like cavorting with royalty, sitting in hot springs with Japanese snow monkeys, climbing out of a hole in the ice with a giant fish. Now we get a lame joke while he kicks a field goal with a coconut.

Spot on..

I am shocked anyone, anywhere finds the new shtick the least bit funny.

Sculpting w/ Rob Riggle????

Completely lame...
Post #: 1023
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/29/2018 1:16:41 PM   
TJSweens

And they refuse to admit they screwed up.

Post #: 1024
RE: 2018 Free Agents - 5/29/2018 1:31:52 PM   
69in09

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How about we try this...

But thanks nonetheless..

I just don’t know why they need to give the Coloniel an identity crisis and how you are making your food product more inticing by comparing it to George Hamilton’s skin?

The the target audience canibals?

< Message edited by 69in09 -- 5/29/2018 1:33:00 PM >

Post #: 1025
Page:   <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2018 Free Agents Page: <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode