Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2018 NFL Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2018 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 9:59:47 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: 69in09

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

Wow,
Josh Allen’s racist tweets from HS have surfaced.

Does not bode well for a draftee or an NFL Teammate.

This cut and paste may offend, that is your warning.

Former Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen apologized for some offensive and racist tweets he made in high school.

Allen is projected as a top–five pick in Thursday's draft and told ESPN.com that he he was young and dumb when making the tweets.

The tweets have been deleted from Allen's account, but Yahoo! Sports reports that the tweets were sent when Allen was in high school in 2012 and 2013.

According to Yahoo@ Sports, below are some examples of Allen's tweets.

(Warning: The tweets contain offensive language.)

“@cheriishhh: i dont think you n***** want a troubled son!” — Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) June 14, 2012

“@Alpha_Patlan: “@J_Prodigy_5: @Alpha_Patlan (uhh) stay schemin…” N***** Trying To Get At Me. ” doe — Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) February 12, 2013

"@FelipeeeeMelo_: Bout to show up these N**** at pong. Gonna do for @j_prodigy_5 @AFlyer5 and @J_Sal_Forever_5.":) — Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) February 26, 2012

Why are you so white ? — If it ain't white, it ain't right! http://t.co/wsLQKZQWG5 — Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) June 25, 2013

BS that they release it today. Clearly trying to effect his stock.

He might go from the most overrated (IMO) to the most underrated by the end of the day.

Always telling my oldest son that fleeting angry thoughts last for a few minutes, but putting them on social media makes them last forever.
Post #: 1226
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 10:05:17 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

quote:

Wow,

Former Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen apologized for some offensive and racist tweets he made in high school.

Allen is projected as a top–five pick in Thursday's draft and told ESPN.com that he he was young and dumb when making the tweets.

The tweets have been deleted from Allen's account, but Yahoo! Sports reports that the tweets were sent when Allen was in high school in 2012 and 2013.

“@cheriishhh: i dont think you n***** want a troubled son!” — Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) June 14, 2012

“@Alpha_Patlan: “@J_Prodigy_5: @Alpha_Patlan (uhh) stay schemin…” N***** Trying To Get At Me. ” doe — Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) February 12, 2013

"@FelipeeeeMelo_: Bout to show up these N**** at pong. Gonna do for @j_prodigy_5 @AFlyer5 and @J_Sal_Forever_5.":) — Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) February 26, 2012

Why are you so white ? — If it ain't white, it ain't right! http://t.co/wsLQKZQWG5 — Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) June 25, 2013

He might go from the most overrated (IMO) to the most underrated by the end of the day.

Always telling my oldest son that fleeting angry thoughts last for a few minutes, but putting them on social media makes them last forever.

Looks like a repeat of the great bong mask video of a few years ago. Released just in time to drive him down the board.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it.
Post #: 1227
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 10:09:40 AM   
ronhextall

Allen's Tweets are from years ago, I read it as some dumb young high school kid trying to act 'cool' on social media.

Any GM that drops him down for that is an idiot.

His completion percentage is what should drop him.

If some of things I said at that age were public record I would probably be homeless.

This is a teaching moment, every high school teacher in the country should talk about this today regardless of the subject they teach. This type of stuff bites a lot of kids in the ass when applying for scholarships and trying to get that first job after school.

HR more and more often scan social media, it isn't just athletes.
Post #: 1228
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 10:11:06 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I can hear Spielman at his presser; We did our homework...we couldn't pass on the incredible value..we're really excited to add the talent...

Does that mean at 30? Well, not like I know the draft or can get in the head of gm's...

I'll stand with no DT at 30.

If Taven Bryant dropped to 30 I could see it. Not for Hurst though.

But Hurst is better than Bryant and the risk seems very small IMO.

Says you. I'm not seeing that in the infallible pundit rankings I'm looking at.

The Pundit rankings you see are downgrading Hurst due to the irregular heartbeat. As far as Talent goes almost everybody sees Hurst as more talented.

Don't agree. I'm not looking at rankings based on where players are going to be drafted ... I am looking at best prospects at DT and overall prospect rankings.

I also think a lot of people rank Bryant higher than Hurst because of the projected upside.

Oh ... and then there's the heartbeat issue which most likely probably almost certainly may not be an issue.

Love the last sentence. I don't watch college football I'm just going off what I hear. I hear this Hurst is a damn good football player. It doesn't seem like his heart issue is any big deal. Could something go wrong with him. Sure it's possible. No guts no glory. If an OL we really like isn't available I would select Hurst.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1229
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 10:14:49 AM   
69in09

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

quote:

Wow,

Looks like a repeat of the great bong mask video of a few years ago. Released just in time to drive him down the board.

Probably Josh McDaniel...

This is my burner account.
Post #: 1230
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 10:15:33 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Allen's Tweets are from years ago, I read it as some dumb young high school kid trying to act 'cool' on social media.

If some of things I said at that age were public record I would probably be homeless.

This is a teaching moment, every high school teacher in the country should talk about this today regardless of the subject they teach. This type of stuff bites a lot of kids in the ass when applying for scholarships and trying to get that first job after school.

Yeah none of it sounded legitimately racist to me. Just sounded like stupid trash talking except for the if it ain't white it ain't right. Now that sounded actually racist, but you have to know context for all of this stuff.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1231
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 10:16:26 AM   
Todd M

quote:

Agree.

Waking up.
Post #: 1232
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 10:23:39 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Agree.

Absolutely. When I was in high school, I had a chronic condition. My mouth constantly engaged about twenty seconds before my brain. People can actually grow and change as a person. If organizations perform their due diligence ahead of time, something like this affect his stock one way or another.

Post #: 1233
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 10:24:31 AM   
69in09

quote:

I think a GM is foolish not to consider it.

I you have to consider the culture you are bringing him into. If you are confident your team can handle the issue, then great.

If you already have some tension on the issue on your team are you OK with bringing in this guy as a leader?

Post #: 1234
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 10:30:51 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

I you have to consider the culture you are bringing him into. If you are confident your team can handle the issue, then great.

If you already have some tension on the issue on your team are you OK with bringing in this guy as a leader?

Like I said ... due diligence. If there are red flags about him in this area, it should come up if the team is doing it's job in checking this person's back ground. He played with a great many athletes of color in college. How he interacted with them and what attitudes he showed toward them should carry a lot more weight. If they checked his background thoroughly, they can decide if this was a stage of a greater pattern or a dumb ass teenager talking smack in the dumbest possible way.

Post #: 1235
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 10:35:12 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

Like I said ... due diligence. If there are red flags about him in this area, it should come up if the team is doing it's job in checking this person's back ground. He played with a great many athletes of color in college. How he interacted with them and what attitudes he showed toward them should carry a lot more weight. If they checked his background thoroughly, they can decide if this was a stage of a greater pattern or a dumb ass teenager talking smack in the dumbest possible way.

We know these specific incidences are 5 and 6 years old. Did we ever determine how old the gas mask incidence was?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1236
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 10:37:28 AM   
Phil Riewer

I like this guy in the 2nd/3rd round if the top guards aren't there at 30---a former TE that ran a 4.82 40---perfect Zone scheme G/T but he is 6'7":

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/brian-o'neill?id=32462018-0002-5601-12da-65ed51810c59

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1237
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 10:51:42 AM   
DeLain

Matthew Thomas ILB Florida State (EW)
Quentin Poling OLB Ohio (PRI)
Jack Cichy^ OLB/ILB Wisconsin (WOR
Lorenzo Carter^ 3-4OLB/OLB Georgia (COM
Uchenna Nwosu^ 3-4OLB/OLB USC (PRO
Kylie Fitts DE/3-4OLB Utah (SR)
Kemoko Turay DE/3-4OLB Rutgers (PRI)
Marquis Haynes DE/3-4OLB/OLB Ole Miss (SR)
P.J. Hall DT Sam Houston State (PRI)
Nathan Shepherd DT Fort Hays State (PRI)
Harrison Phillips DT/3-4DE/NT Stanford (SR)

Brian Allen C Michigan State (EW)
Brad Lundblade C Oklahoma State (EW)
Billy Price^ G/C Ohio State (COM
Scott Quessenberry G/C UCLA (COM)
Frank Ragnow^ G/C Arkansas (COM
Dejon Allen G Hawaii (PRO)
Matthew Gono G Wesley (PRI)
Alex Cappa OT Humboldt State (PRI)
Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame (PRI)
Connor Williams OT Texas (PRI)

Davontae Harris CB Illinois State (PRI)
Holton Hill CB Texas (PRI)
Mike Hughes CB Central Florida (PRI)
Michael Joseph CB Dubuque (SR)
Greg Stroman CB Virginia Tech (EW)

J.T. Barrett QB Ohio State (EW)
Riley Ferguson QB Memphis (EW)
Kyle Lauletta QB Richmond (SR)
Mike White QB Western Kentucky (COM
)
Nyheim Hines RB N.C. State (PRI)
Jaylen Samuels RB N.C. State (PRI)

Tre Flowers S Oklahoma State (EW)
Ronnie Harrison S Alabama (PRI)
Natrell Jamerson S Wisconsin (PRO)
Joshua Kalu S Nebraska (EW)
Justin Reid S Stanford (PRI)
Damon Webb S Ohio State (EW)

Troy Fumagalli TE Wisconsin (SR)
Dallas Goedert TE South Dakota State (PRI)
Dalton Schultz TE Stanford (WOR)

Jeff Badet^ WR Oklahoma (EW
Jordan Lasley WR UCLA (PRI)
Anthony Miller WR Memphis (PRI)
Dante Pettis WR Washington (PRI)
Jaleel Scott WR New Mexico State (SR)
Brandon Shed WR Hobart (PRO)
Tre'Quan Smith WR Central Florida (SR)
Vyncint Smith WR Limestone (PRO)
Jake Wieneke^ WR South Dakota State (COM
Deon Yelder WR Western Kentucky (PRO)

< Message edited by DeLain -- 4/26/2018 10:54:13 AM >
Post #: 1238
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 10:58:27 AM   
DeLain

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I can hear Spielman at his presser; We did our homework...we couldn't pass on the incredible value..we're really excited to add the talent...

Does that mean at 30? Well, not like I know the draft or can get in the head of gm's...

The Pundit rankings you see are downgrading Hurst due to the irregular heartbeat. As far as Talent goes almost everybody sees Hurst as more talented.

Don't agree. I'm not looking at rankings based on where players are going to be drafted ... I am looking at best prospects at DT and overall prospect rankings.

I also think a lot of people rank Bryant higher than Hurst because of the projected upside.

Oh ... and then there's the heartbeat issue which most likely probably almost certainly may not be an issue.

Love the last sentence. I don't watch college football I'm just going off what I hear. I hear this Hurst is a damn good football player. It doesn't seem like his heart issue is any big deal. Could something go wrong with him. Sure it's possible. No guts no glory. If an OL we really like isn't available I would select Hurst.

Gil Brandt has Hurst ranked at 51 overall.
Post #: 1239
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 10:59:54 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Wow,

Investigate, track down which team prompted the release of this information and you will likely find the team that drafts him.

In 2016, Clinton's underlying (and sometimes overlying) message was something like this: Trump is awful and you will never vote for him. And I am the only other person running for president.
Post #: 1240
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 11:05:55 AM  1 votes
Ian Joseph

That's so much bullshit. The same thing happened to the guy at Villanova the day after he won Most Outstanding Player.

Folks act like he's wearing on a white robe and pointy hat. He was maybe 14, 15 years old? He was a ****in kid, using a profane word in what has become a common, yet still very inappropriate usage of it by people young AND old, mostly black.

So much ado about nothing.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1241
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 11:05:58 AM   
69in09

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We know these specific incidences are 5 and 6 years old. Did we ever determine how old the gas mask incidence was?

The tweets have been known about for years. That’s what makes there release today diabolical and planned.

I think people are struggling on whether he is racist or not. Whether he is or isn’t might not be the issue.

He is now perceived as possibily racist and sometimes that’s all it takes.

If say you have a young white, head coach you have to be sure this is a issue they can handle.

Post #: 1242
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 11:18:09 AM   
69in09

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Wow,

Investigate, track down which team prompted the release of this information and you will likely find the team that drafts him.

It could easily have been someone without an agenda.

Some people do ridiculous/evil stuff just for their “15 seconds of fame”.

It’s in the news almost everyday.

Post #: 1243
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 11:28:02 AM   
BigSky

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

That's so much bullshit. The same thing happened to the guy at Villanova the day after he won Most Outstanding Player.

Folks act like he's wearing on a white robe and pointy hat. He was maybe 14, 15 years old? He was a ****in kid, using a profane word in what has become a common, yet still very inappropriate usage of it by people young AND old, mostly black.

Totally Agree Ian, for all we know these could have been his buddy's, and he was just talking smack. You can make anyone
sound like a racist if you can pick and choose things that he's put on social media the last ten years without any context of
the situation.
Post #: 1244
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 11:33:59 AM   
McMurfy

I’ll go on the record and say his tweets are not OK.
I hope it costs him Millions.
I was in HS also, but I knew right from wrong.
He was questionable on many levels to begin with,
accuracy percentage, footwork, performance against better teams,small school competition, and now a potential
locker room situation?
No thanks.

Give him a free pass if you want because he’s an athlete, but I wouldn’t.
I’d make him somebody else’s problem.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 1245
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 11:35:42 AM   
DeLain

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigSky

quote:

Totally Agree Ian, for all we know these could have been his buddy's, and he was just talking smack. You can make anyone
sound like a racist if you can pick and choose things that he's put on social media the last ten years without any context of
the situation.

If he grew up in Wyoming is one thing but he is from a suburb of Fresno, CA. A lot more diversity there. I am leaning towrds missing the context.
Post #: 1246
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 11:36:07 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeLain

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Once again downgraded for the irregular heartbeat. I am more willing to take a risk to garner a larger reward.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1247
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 11:37:49 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

Thank you for that very excellent way of making the point. This is much ado about nothing.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1248
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 11:40:05 AM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeLain

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Once again downgraded for the irregular heartbeat. I am more willing to take a risk to garner a larger reward.

I almost want to change my draft challenge prediction to Hurst. It totally feels like a Spileman pick...

Waking up.
Post #: 1249
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 11:43:19 AM   
Todd M

I went ahead and made him my 2nd pick even though I think the talent warrants a first round pick and at 30 I can see Spielman saying all the things I said he'd say...but maybe he'll be the 2nd pick. Who knows...not like I had a bead on the 2nd pick anyway...

Waking up.
Post #: 1250
Page:   <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2018 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode