Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2018 NFL Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2018 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 11:49:41 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

I’ll go on the record and say his tweets are not OK.
I hope it costs him Millions.
I was in HS also, but I knew right from wrong.
He was questionable on many levels to begin with,
accuracy percentage, footwork, performance against better teams,small school competition, and now a potential
locker room situation?
No thanks.

Give him a free pass if you want because he’s an athlete, but I wouldn’t.
I’d make him somebody else’s problem.

I agree with your on field reasons for ranking him down. I wouldn't take him in the top 15 picks and maybe not in the first round. Getting all judgmental over 4 tweets that you have no context on I can't agree with.
He was maybe talking with his African American best friend who was talking trash to him saying Why are you so white. To which he responds if it ain't white it ain't right. Nope I'm not going to crucify him for that.
I know the NFL is super sensitive to PR. I won't be surprised if he does fall a bit in the draft.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1251
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 11:50:11 AM   
Phil Riewer

My Guess is that the Eagles or the Vikes will trade down and grab Hurst early 2nd....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1252
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 11:52:07 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeLain

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I can hear Spielman at his presser; We did our homework...we couldn't pass on the incredible value..we're really excited to add the talent...

Does that mean at 30? Well, not like I know the draft or can get in the head of gm's...

I'll stand with no DT at 30.

If Taven Bryant dropped to 30 I could see it. Not for Hurst though.

But Hurst is better than Bryant and the risk seems very small IMO.

Says you. I'm not seeing that in the infallible pundit rankings I'm looking at.

The Pundit rankings you see are downgrading Hurst due to the irregular heartbeat. As far as Talent goes almost everybody sees Hurst as more talented.

Don't agree. I'm not looking at rankings based on where players are going to be drafted ... I am looking at best prospects at DT and overall prospect rankings.

I also think a lot of people rank Bryant higher than Hurst because of the projected upside.

Oh ... and then there's the heartbeat issue which most likely probably almost certainly may not be an issue.

Love the last sentence. I don't watch college football I'm just going off what I hear. I hear this Hurst is a damn good football player. It doesn't seem like his heart issue is any big deal. Could something go wrong with him. Sure it's possible. No guts no glory. If an OL we really like isn't available I would select Hurst.

Gil Brandt has Hurst ranked at 51 overall.

Once again downgraded for the irregular heartbeat. I am more willing to take a risk to garner a larger reward.

I almost want to change my draft challenge prediction to Hurst. It totally feels like a Spileman pick...

I am so close to making him either my first or second round pick for the draft challenge. I think if he falls to the second round and the Vikings get their OL in the first round that the Vikings would likely trade up for Hurst.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1253
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 11:58:10 AM   
Phil Riewer

McShay thinks we are picking Ragnow with our pick...

Post #: 1254
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 12:09:29 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Another pretty strong possibility IMO. I have waffled back and forth between him and Wynn for our first round pick in the contest, but I personally prefer Wynn.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1255
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 12:19:04 PM   
Tom Sykes

I think Spielman is a little too image conscious to 'risk' Hurst's flimsy heart diagnosis ...

while he is still stinging from the whole Sharrif Floyd thing.
Post #: 1256
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 12:20:46 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

I think Spielman is a little too image conscious to 'risk' Hurst's flimsy heart diagnosis ...

while he is still stinging from the whole Sharrif Floyd thing.

To me it would enhance his image by being willing to take a chance on Hurst. To others I guess they would consider it too risky.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1257
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 12:31:14 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: 69in09

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Allen's Tweets are from years ago, I read it as some dumb young high school kid trying to act 'cool' on social media.

Any GM that drops him down for that is an idiot.

His completion percentage is what should drop him.

If some of things I said at that age were public record I would probably be homeless.

This is a teaching moment, every high school teacher in the country should talk about this today regardless of the subject they teach. This type of stuff bites a lot of kids in the ass when applying for scholarships and trying to get that first job after school.

HR more and more often scan social media, it isn't just athletes.

I think a GM is foolish not to consider it.

I you have to consider the culture you are bringing him into. If you are confident your team can handle the issue, then great.

If you already have some tension on the issue on your team are you OK with bringing in this guy as a leader?

Plus the media will stoke this flame as hard as they can.
Post #: 1258
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 12:34:44 PM   
69in09

quote:

According to Tomasson, the Vikings and even Sparano have had multiple extended conversations with him.

This is my burner account.
Post #: 1259
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 12:50:55 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

It's starting to look that way, Phil. He sounds like a very solid pick, but I didn't watch enough of him to have a strong opinion either way. I just want to have a interior guy who can start the first game.
Post #: 1260
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 12:53:31 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu
quote:

It's starting to look that way, Phil. He sounds like a very solid pick, but I didn't watch enough of him to have a strong opinion either way. I just want to have a interior guy who can start the first game.

Just a reminder that our OC loves fast TEs....just saying.

Also new owners at the Perham Zorbaz Joe....they are raising rates even thought they are already high....might have to go have a drink at the golf course instead when you are in town.

Post #: 1261
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 12:57:46 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

Also new owners at the Perham Zorbaz Joe....they are raising rates even thought they are already high....might have to go have a drink at the golf course instead when you are in town.

That's no good about Zorba's. I really wanted that Camaro they auctioned off a couple of years ago. I will be up North the first week of July. I will keep you posted, Phil!
Post #: 1262
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 1:09:33 PM   
DeLain

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where you live? I am from near by the Ottertail lake Zorbaz.
Post #: 1263
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 1:14:49 PM   
DeLain

quote:

quote:

According to Tomasson, the Vikings and even Sparano have had multiple extended conversations with him.

I could say the same thing about Billy Price. Combine and Pro Day.
Post #: 1264
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 1:17:59 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where you live? I am from near by the Ottertail lake Zorbaz.

I sent you a PM...

I would be happy with anyone they draft...don't even care if it is a LB, S, or TE in Round 1....I like our coaches, QB, and the way they are going about building the team.

Post #: 1265
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 1:19:21 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

My Guess is that the Eagles or the Vikes will trade down and grab Hurst early 2nd....

I would be surprised if Hurst went early 2nd. The reports I have read, say that several teams have taken him off their draft boards altogether. He was cleared to play by both University of Michigan and Harvard medical, but some teams don't want to risk it.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 1266
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 1:27:33 PM   
DeLain

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

I would be surprised if Hurst went early 2nd. The reports I have read, say that several teams have taken him off their draft boards altogether. He was cleared to play by both University of Michigan and Harvard medical, but some teams don't want to risk it.

The Vikes did not bring him in for a Medical...
Post #: 1267
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 1:28:47 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Vikes did not bring him in for a Medical...

I think that is pretty well case closed on the idea of the Vikes drafting him.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 1268
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 1:42:24 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

Different. The Vikes have had multiple visits with multiple players. Some more than Price, including Ragnow.

The local press is highlighting, not just the visits, but personal phone calls with coaches, dinner, commentary from coaches and player, etc.

I will feel bad for Ragnow if he is on the board and we choose a different C. Like he got played in the subterfuge of the draft game.
Post #: 1269
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 1:47:06 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

IMO that is the overly conservative nature of the NFL. Always taking the safer less rewarding route. Seldom going for 2 and almost always punting on 4th down. Draft pundit Tony Pauline that I read on Rotoworld made an absolute guaranty that Hurst would not be drafted in the first round.
Time will tell, but I'm betting on whoever picks him getting better value that his draft position would indicate.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1270
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 2:00:04 PM   
kgdabom

Saquon Barkley's NFL.com bio. They say his NFL comparison is Barry Sanders. Yeah Barry Sanders at 233 pounds.

Barkley has gained notoriety for not only his work on the field, but his relentless work ethic in the weight room and in practice makes his great-uncle, former boxing champion Iran Barkley, proud. Barkley was a four-star recruit and all-state pick (1,856 yards, 31 total TD as a senior) and 100-meter state champion from Pennsylvania (though born in the Bronx). In his first year with the Nittany Lions, all Barkley did was set a school record for freshmen with 1,076 yards (on 182 carries, with seven scores; 20 receptions, 161 yards, TD receiving) and earn Freshman All-American and second-team All-Big Ten honors. He started six of 11 games played, missing two with an ankle injury, with one of his best accomplishments being that he ran for 195 yards and two scores against Ohio State on the road. Barkley really excelled as a sophomore, garnering third-team Associated Press All-American accolades and being named the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year after running for 1,496 yards and 18 touchdowns (tied for sixth in the FBS) on 272 carries (ninth). He finished off the year with 204 yards and two scores on 25 carries against USC in the Rose Bowl, showing off his elite speed and cutting ability, as well as receiving ability and willingness to participate in pass protection.
By Lance Zierlein

NFL Analyst

Draft Projection

Round 1 (top 5)

NFL Comparison

Barry Sanders

Overview
Every-down running back with the ability to alter the course of an offense and become a face of the franchise-type player. Barkley has the rare ability to create additional yardage through elusiveness, speed, vision and feel for space in the open field. While he has been tasked with carrying a heavy load at Penn State, their decision to limit his carries somewhat this season could help Barkley headed into his rookie season. Barkley is a buffet runner who thrives with the more plates you give him and he has a chance to become an early All-Pro no matter which team takes him.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1271
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 2:08:14 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Different. The Vikes have had multiple visits with multiple players. Some more than Price, including Ragnow.

The local press is highlighting, not just the visits, but personal phone calls with coaches, dinner, commentary from coaches and player, etc.

I will feel bad for Ragnow if he is on the board and we choose a different C. Like he got played in the subterfuge of the draft game.

Speilman is all about the cloak and dagger game. It wouldn't be at all surprising for him to draft somebody that he has not overtly had a lot of contact.

Post #: 1272
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 2:43:17 PM   
Ian Joseph

If Mayfield goes first, all hell is gonna break loose.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 1273
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 2:45:25 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

If Mayfield goes first, all hell is gonna break loose.

Right now I'm giving that a 60% likelihood.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1274
RE: 2018 NFL Draft - 4/26/2018 2:53:01 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Speilman is all about the cloak and dagger game. It wouldn't be at all surprising for him to draft somebody that he has not overtly had a lot of contact.

Absolutely true. But singling out a player and using him as a human shield for that necessary gamesmanship would be heartless.
Post #: 1275
Page:   <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2018 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode