Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wolves 2018 offseason

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2018 offseason Page: <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/13/2018 12:10:41 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elliot

I wish someone would ask Taylor how it feels to be the owner of the biggest laughingstock in sports. And not leave until he acknowledges that he is exactly that and provides a real answer.

Glen seems oblivious to his surroundings.

MLB---Choose well and Championships will follow
Post #: 1601
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/13/2018 12:11:20 PM   
ruffenach

quote:

I wish someone would ask Taylor how it feels to be the owner of the biggest laughingstock in sports. And not leave until he acknowledges that he is exactly that and provides a real answer.
[/quoteibd
I can see Glen falling apart right now by not realizing how big a problem Thibs has become. You take the advise of a top consulting firm and you bring in Thibs as POBO and he brings the scouting office and assistant coaches and players. I have every reason to believe that Glen had no idea how big of a disaster that Thibs had become and the amount of deceit that Thibs has undertaken. Thibs has to be the most toxic person right now. Yes we are a laughing stock right now, but the people who are laughing the hardest are the people who have never run anything in their lives. Those that laugh will never have to fork over the money that Taylor will need to do to correct this problem.
Post #: 1602
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/13/2018 12:17:15 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: ruffenach

quote:

[/quoteibd
I can see Glen falling apart right now by not realizing how big a problem Thibs has become. You take the advise of a top consulting firm and you bring in Thibs as POBO and he brings the scouting office and assistant coaches and players. I have every reason to believe that Glen had no idea how big of a disaster that Thibs had become and the amount of deceit that Thibs has undertaken. Thibs has to be the most toxic person right now. Yes we are a laughing stock right now, but the people who are laughing the hardest are the people who have never run anything in their lives. Those that laugh will never have to fork over the money that Taylor will need to do to correct this problem.

Taylor has billions so I really don't feel sorry for him.

I do feel sorry that Glen got duped (as did we all) in to hiring this snake.

Post #: 1603
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/13/2018 12:46:48 PM   
Elliot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

Thibs and Taylor would be celebrated if not for Butler going psycho. All it takes to destroy your reputation is for one player to go psycho.

Thib's has wondered off the reservation on this one too. He kept it under wraps all summer hoping it would all be peachy coming TC.

Couple that with his out dated schemes

I think Thibs spent a year visiting with different teams and the only thing he learned (erroneously) is that if he is the POBO and coach, he has complete control of the franchise and answers to no one. And he's learning that's not the case now.

Life is just what happens to you,
While you're busy making other plans

~ John Lennon
Post #: 1604
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/13/2018 12:54:20 PM   
ronhextall

Thibs sucks, Butler just accelerated everybody to the obvious.

He is a dinosaur, his style is dead for today’s NBA and major college basketball for that matter.

He seems to collect old Bulls that were not able to get over the hump when they were good.

Time to fire everybody and start over.
Post #: 1605
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/13/2018 12:57:00 PM   
Bill Jandro

Thib's turned a great situation in to a dog and pony show in 2 years

Post #: 1606
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/13/2018 2:28:39 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thibs and Taylor would be celebrated if not for Butler going psycho. All it takes to destroy your reputation is for one player to go psycho.

Thib's has wondered off the reservation on this one too. He kept it under wraps all summer hoping it would all be peachy coming TC.

That produced 47 wins and first playoffs in 14 years and the 4th most efficient offense in the league.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1607
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/13/2018 3:11:50 PM   
ruffenach

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That produced 47 wins and first playoffs in 14 years and the 4th most efficient offense in the league.

I think we would have been that good without him. We are not going to be beyond the 7th seed even if Thibs was ok and Jimmy was willing to play here long term. With the present dog an pony show we will be destroyed.
Post #: 1608
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/14/2018 12:01:50 PM   
Elliot

Geezus, haven't they fired the ogre yet?

~ John Lennon
Post #: 1609
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/14/2018 12:59:11 PM   
Phil Riewer

It is being reported that Glen is at practice today.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1610
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/14/2018 1:34:35 PM   
David Levine

What a cluster of an organization we are.

Jon Krawczynski✔@JonKrawczynski
Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor spotted at practice today, a rare appearance for him.
10:49 AM - Oct 14, 2018

Timberwolves PR✔@Twolves_PR
Talking to media following practice, Thibs confirmed Jimmy Butler practiced today and expects him to play on Wednesday. #Twolves
10:54 AM - Oct 14, 2018

Jon Krawczynski@JonKrawczynski
11m11 minutes ago
Asked Jimmy Butler if he expects negative reaction on Friday (if he’s still here):
“Sure. Go ahead, boo me. It ain’t going to change the way I play. That’s going to make me smile more. So please, come on with it.”

Shams Charania@ShamsCharania
36m36 minutes ago
Minnesota's Jimmy Butler practiced again Sunday and is expected to play in season opener in San Antonio on Wednesday. Heat/Timberwolves talks have been dead, for now, league sources said.
Post #: 1611
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/14/2018 1:49:19 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

What a cluster of an organization we are.

Jon Krawczynski✔@JonKrawczynski
Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor spotted at practice today, a rare appearance for him.
10:49 AM - Oct 14, 2018

Timberwolves PR✔@Twolves_PR
Talking to media following practice, Thibs confirmed Jimmy Butler practiced today and expects him to play on Wednesday. #Twolves
10:54 AM - Oct 14, 2018

Jon Krawczynski@JonKrawczynski
11m11 minutes ago
Asked Jimmy Butler if he expects negative reaction on Friday (if he’s still here):
“Sure. Go ahead, boo me. It ain’t going to change the way I play. That’s going to make me smile more. So please, come on with it.”

Shams Charania@ShamsCharania
36m36 minutes ago
Minnesota's Jimmy Butler practiced again Sunday and is expected to play in season opener in San Antonio on Wednesday. Heat/Timberwolves talks have been dead, for now, league sources said.

Glad to hear talks are dead. I'd rather have Butler. Go Wolves!!

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1612
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/14/2018 2:08:54 PM   
David Levine

I can't remember ever being so unexcited for a Wolves season to start. Especially a year where they actually drafted my guy.
Post #: 1613
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/14/2018 2:09:27 PM   
David Levine

Zach Lowe@ZachLowe_NBA
13m13 minutes ago
Can't recall any situation like this, with everything out in the open. MIN w/ Butler healthy is a 50-ish-win team. They have Butler healthy. So how many wins do public unhappiness, awkwardness, dislike, contempt, suspicion, etc. cost? We might find out. Is it maybe 0?
Post #: 1614
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/14/2018 2:56:06 PM   
David Levine

Nate:
There are some really upset people over there right now. It’s completely dysfunctional and the one guy who can do anything about it isn’t doing anything about it.
Post #: 1615
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/14/2018 2:58:14 PM   
David Levine

There is a reason we're the worst existing franchise in the league.

It looked like we had a chance to have the Clippers pass us this year, but its looking more and more unlikely now.
Post #: 1616
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/14/2018 5:00:18 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

I can't remember ever being so unexcited for a Wolves season to start. Especially a year where they actually drafted my guy.

Yep. I can't imagine anyone thinking that going into the season with this level of dysfunction is a good thing. I really can't see us repeating that glorious season when we won 47 games and got pole.axed in the first round..

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 1617
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/14/2018 5:16:52 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Yep. I can't imagine anyone thinking that going into the season with this level of dysfunction is a good thing. I really can't see us repeating that glorious season when we won 47 games and got pole.axed in the first round..

I can imagine 1 person.

But I'm also kind of convinced he just reads box scores and doesn't actually watch games...
Post #: 1618
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/14/2018 6:13:11 PM   
Elliot

I'm kinda sorry that I can't cancel League Pass more than once this year.

~ John Lennon
Post #: 1619
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/14/2018 6:50:17 PM   
ronhextall

Interesting to think about the season if Butler blows out his knee or something season ending.
Post #: 1620
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/14/2018 6:56:18 PM   
David Levine

I wonder if this went like his sit-down with Wiggins where Andrew promised to play harder? Its amazing Taylor has made it to where he has when all his instincts are to bury his head in the sand whenever there is conflict.

---------------------

All​ of​ the​ negative energy, the salacious headlines and​ the mixed messages surrounding the​ Timberwolves prompted Glen​ Taylor​​ and his wife, Becky, to hit the road early on Sunday morning for a 90-minute drive to the Twin Cities.

Three days before the start of the regular season, Taylor met with his disgruntled All-Star before practice, searching for some sort of understanding to calm the noise that has drowned out any sense of excitement for the upcoming season. In the meeting, Taylor and Butler came to an agreement, sources said: Taylor will continue to work diligently to find a trade as soon as possible. Until that happens, Butler will be a good teammate and play as hard as he always does.

There may have been some sort of accord reached, but the situation is “fluid,” as Thibodeau likes to call it and could change at a moment’s notice. One thing was certain: Butler wasn’t walking anything back. Speaking carefully, and occasionally coyly, to avoid breaking any league rules about publicly discussing trade requests, Butler said there has been no change in his stance and no second thoughts about how he has handled things.

https://theathletic.com/588295/2018/10/14/jimmy-butler-glen-taylor-timberwolves-understanding-opener-tom-thibodeau-trade-request/
Post #: 1621
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/14/2018 7:11:40 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

I wonder if this went like his sit-down with Wiggins where Andrew promised to play harder? Its amazing Taylor has made it to where he has when all his instincts are to bury his head in the sand whenever there is conflict.

---------------------

All​ of​ the​ negative energy, the salacious headlines and​ the mixed messages surrounding the​ Timberwolves prompted Glen​ Taylor​​ and his wife, Becky, to hit the road early on Sunday morning for a 90-minute drive to the Twin Cities.

Three days before the start of the regular season, Taylor met with his disgruntled All-Star before practice, searching for some sort of understanding to calm the noise that has drowned out any sense of excitement for the upcoming season. In the meeting, Taylor and Butler came to an agreement, sources said: Taylor will continue to work diligently to find a trade as soon as possible. Until that happens, Butler will be a good teammate and play as hard as he always does.

There may have been some sort of accord reached, but the situation is “fluid,” as Thibodeau likes to call it and could change at a moment’s notice. One thing was certain: Butler wasn’t walking anything back. Speaking carefully, and occasionally coyly, to avoid breaking any league rules about publicly discussing trade requests, Butler said there has been no change in his stance and no second thoughts about how he has handled things.

https://theathletic.com/588295/2018/10/14/jimmy-butler-glen-taylor-timberwolves-understanding-opener-tom-thibodeau-trade-request/

Please sell the team.

Sheesh

“Terrible thing to live in fear. Brooks Hatlen knew it. Knew it all too well. All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won't have to be afraid all the time.”
Post #: 1622
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/14/2018 8:16:51 PM   
David Levine

Nate:

RUMINT has it Thibs and Layden are in lockstep and Taylor just couldn’t/wouldn’t believe some of the things that were being accused/described by non basketball ops personnel. It sounds like he got the dog and pony show and thought it was closer to everyday life than not. It is a completely toxic and gaslit workplace right now.

It is in no way sustainable.
Post #: 1623
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/14/2018 8:50:41 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

I can imagine 1 person.

But I'm also kind of convinced he just reads box scores and doesn't actually watch games...

If you're talking about me I watch games and I don't think it's a good thing. I'm hopeful we can work through it.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1624
RE: Wolves 2018 offseason - 10/14/2018 10:18:41 PM   
Phil Riewer

I don't want Butler around...you have to build and Butler doesn't want to be here. GS built a dynasty by having guys that wanted to play together.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1625
Page:   <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2018 offseason Page: <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode