Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: tonyb1958, kurt bilben, geoffrey greitzer, beo, ratoppenheimer, marty, Richard Neussendorfer
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  150 151 [152] 153 154   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 10:48:55 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

Go after what rookie? Hughes?

Aaron Rodgers or no Aaron Rodgers, attacking Hughes specifically is a very bad idea in this game.

Hughes had an up and down game against the Niners. Some excellent plays and some not so excellent plays as one would expect with a rookie. Rodgers will definitely be targeting him on Sunday.

Here is my point and its specific to THIS game, and not necessarily about Hughes' ability or talent.

Rodgers, if he plays, will be immobile. Plus, he wont be able to step into throws. As such, hes not going to be able to place balls into tight windows consistently. So, he wont be able to take advantage of Hughes being out of position or being overly aggressive. In fact, it will result into at least one pick-six.

If Rodgers was 100%, it's a different story. But, hes not. And he wont be on Sunday.

Kizer? If he sees the field, he will be pressured into mistakes. Quickly.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 3776
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 11:01:50 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Aaron Rodgers or no Aaron Rodgers, attacking Hughes specifically is a very bad idea in this game.

Hughes had an up and down game against the Niners. Some excellent plays and some not so excellent plays as one would expect with a rookie. Rodgers will definitely be targeting him on Sunday.

I believe that course of action will lead to almost all of us enjoying the results.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3777
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 11:03:23 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Hughes may not play much if Waynes and Alexander are ready to go. Which it appears will be the case.

Hughes should play ahead of Alexander. If Alexander is out there, we know who Rodgers will go after.

My thinking also. I think whether Hughes is officially ahead of Alexander on the depth chart or not Hughes will be our #1 slot man.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3778
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 11:24:30 AM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

quote:

quote:

Here is my point and its specific to THIS game, and not necessarily about Hughes' ability or talent.

Rodgers, if he plays, will be immobile. Plus, he wont be able to step into throws. As such, hes not going to be able to place balls into tight windows consistently. So, he wont be able to take advantage of Hughes being out of position or being overly aggressive. In fact, it will result into at least one pick-six.

If Rodgers was 100%, it's a different story. But, hes not. And he wont be on Sunday.

I don't know about that. He threw darts in the 2nd half of the Bears even without stepping into his throws. Of course, the Bears secondary can't hold a candle to ours, but I fully expect Rodgers to make some sick throws. The difference will be when he's under pressure, hopefully he will not be able to buy extra time in the pocket, which is what usually kills us and everybody else. We have an elite D, so the Pack will do what every team does, look at the rookie as the weakest link. That may end up being a mistake on their part, but that's what they're going to do.

If Kizer plays it's going to be a bloodbath.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 3779
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 11:32:41 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't know about that. He threw darts in the 2nd half of the Bears even without stepping into his throws. Of course, the Bears secondary can't hold a candle to ours, but I fully expect Rodgers to make some sick throws. The difference will be when he's under pressure, hopefully he will not be able to buy extra time in the pocket, which is what usually kills us and everybody else. We have an elite D, so the Pack will do what every team does, look at the rookie as the weakest link. That may end up being a mistake on their part, but that's what they're going to do.

If Kizer plays it's going to be a bloodbath.

He's not going to be able to manuever in the pocket like normal. Maybe he can get a painkiller or something to start the game, he's not going to be able to sustain any mobility effectiveness.

Again, if he has a torn MCL, they need to sit him down this game. There is a high chance he could get hurt worse. And the NFL will have to make a new rule regarding Aaron Rodgers and the Minnesota Vikings.

< Message edited by Ian Joseph -- 9/14/2018 11:34:39 AM >

Believe.
Post #: 3780
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 11:34:12 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Hughes may not play much if Waynes and Alexander are ready to go. Which it appears will be the case.

Hughes should play ahead of Alexander. If Alexander is out there, we know who Rodgers will go after.

My thinking also. I think whether Hughes is officially ahead of Alexander on the depth chart or not Hughes will be our #1 slot man.

I don't think the depth chart matters this game. Green Bay routinely runs 4 WR sets. Both Mac and Hughes will be significant snaps.

Believe.
Post #: 3781
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 11:35:49 AM   
SoMnFan

For all of the wonderful lasers Erin throws, he will still throw up the occasional duck or freebie.
Those you HAVE to come up with. Fuller had one in his belly and dropped it, or this week's Rodgers Drama wouldn't even be taking place across the country.
No bad luck ever goes GBs way. They never have to overcome reffing bias. But they will suck enough, on their own, to LOSE games to you, if you simply beat them.
There's no mystique there, they haven't amassed any remarkable records since the late '60s, and none of their units are anywhere near the best in the game.
What they do have is a very good QB who will beat you if you let him.
Our roster is good enough and our motivation should be high enough, to get this done Sunday. I won't say easy, but it SHOULD be.
Post #: 3782
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 11:52:22 AM   
Ian Joseph

No bad luck ever goes against Green Bay? I don't know about that.

What do you call 2017?

Believe.
Post #: 3783
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 12:13:41 PM   
SoMnFan

A normal year around these parts?
Post #: 3784
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 12:33:33 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

What do you call 2017?

I call it an injury. Those happen to every team from time to time. That particular injury you might say was bad luck, but I would say overall their QB health has been good luck not bad.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/14/2018 12:46:57 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3785
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 1:53:05 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

What do you call 2017?

Karma?
Post #: 3786
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 2:31:35 PM  1 votes
David Levine

So a 20K fine for Richardson, but nothing for Matthews?
Post #: 3787
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 2:52:04 PM   
David Levine

Hope its not serious...

Defensive end Everson Griffen was added to the injury report Thursday with a toe injury. He was limited in practice. Cornerbacks Trae Waynes (knee) and Alexander (ankle) were full participants.
Post #: 3788
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 2:56:28 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

What do you call 2017?

I call it an injury. Those happen to every team from time to time. That particular injury you might say was bad luck, but I would say overall their QB health has been good luck not bad.

It was bad luck for them that the only player they had worth a shit essentially went down for the year with an injury and it ruined their season.

Bad luck....OR...bad preparations on their part. Lose one player and your whole season goes down the tubes? We lost our starting QB after a great performance in week one last year and look how we did...

All of us are entitled to our own opinion. None of us are entitled to our own facts. - Alan Page
Post #: 3789
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 3:01:07 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

So a 20K fine for Richardson, but nothing for Matthews?

That's not ok.

Why is it like this and how do we stop it?

I say Nay Nay!
Post #: 3790
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 3:03:52 PM   
Ricky J

Is he getting a way the bogus "I attempted to pull up?"
Post #: 3791
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 3:38:11 PM   
David Levine

“A lot of times when you’re playing a defense ... you can maybe name 3 or 4 guys off the top of your head that you know about or you’ve seen play, but it’s totally different with this team. You know most of them."

- Aaron Rodgers on #Vikings defense
Post #: 3792
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 3:38:52 PM   
David Levine

Yup. Looks like nada for Clay:

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero
#Saints DT Daniel Onyemata was fined $40,108 for his two roughing the passer penalties in last week's game vs. #Bucs. #Falcons DT Grady Jarrett, #Vikings DT Sheldon Richardson, #Cowboys DE DeMarcus Lawrence, #Rams DT Aaron Donald fined $20,054 each for their fouls.
Post #: 3793
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 4:07:54 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Hope its not serious...

Defensive end Everson Griffen was added to the injury report Thursday with a toe injury. He was limited in practice. Cornerbacks Trae Waynes (knee) and Alexander (ankle) were full participants.

Griffen said he is 100% and doesn't know why hes on the injury report lol

Believe.
Post #: 3794
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 6:15:25 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Clay Matthews is 32 and his best football is in the past. It's possible that this could be his last season. His salary this year is 11.37 million, so he's probably one of the most over paid players in the NFL.

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 3795
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 6:35:15 PM   
Ricky J

I just heard on Sirius ch 82 that in the last 15 games when the Vikings score [* more than] 10 points they are 14-1

* edit

** at least I pulled over to the side of the road to post that gem instead of posting it while driving [huh?]

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 9/14/2018 10:00:41 PM >
Post #: 3796
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 6:51:52 PM   
Bruce Johnson

We will definitely score more than 10 points on Sunday.

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 3797
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 6:57:06 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

I just heard on Sirius ch 82 that in the last 15 games when the Vikings score 10 points they are 14-1

That's an interesting little factoid. The loss would be to Carolina I presume. Now I wonder how many of those games the Vikings actually only scored 10 points?
I did some research. In the 2017 season we scored 10 points zero times. So we won zero games when scoring 10 points. The quote should read more than 10 points to be less deceitful. It just happened that in 3 of our 4 losses last year we were held below 10. We only won two games when scoring less than 20 points. I'd be willing to bet that in the next game we score exactly 10 points we will lose.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/14/2018 7:00:19 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3798
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 7:21:19 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

I just heard on Sirius ch 82 that in the last 15 games when the Vikings score 10 points they are 14-1

That's an interesting little factoid. The loss would be to Carolina I presume. Now I wonder how many of those games the Vikings actually only scored 10 points?
I did some research. In the 2017 season we scored 10 points zero times. So we won zero games when scoring 10 points. The quote should read more than 10 points to be less deceitful. It just happened that in 3 of our 4 losses last year we were held below 10. We only won two games when scoring less than 20 points. I'd be willing to bet that in the next game we score exactly 10 points we will lose.

Exciting stuff.
Post #: 3799
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2018 7:22:30 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Clay Matthews is 32 and his best football is in the past. It's possible that this could be his last season. His salary this year is 11.37 million, so he's probably one of the most over paid players in the NFL.

He can't even get a fine or suspension.
Post #: 3800
Page:   <<   < prev  150 151 [152] 153 154   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  150 151 [152] 153 154   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode