Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  270 271 [272] 273 274   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 7:15:20 AM   
Todd M

Forget the most consecutive 100 yard games to start the season...I want him to get 2000.

Existential midlife crisis mode engaged.
Post #: 6776
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 7:44:57 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Forget the most consecutive 100 yard games to start the season...I want him to get 2000.

He'd have to play 125 seasons with no injuries.
Post #: 6777
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 7:58:22 AM   
Lars

My $0.02:

A win is always a good thing and makes Mondays better.

WTF with all of the batted down passes?!

Hill was brutal, as was Compton. Need to address the left side of the OL immediately.

O'Neill looked good.

Thielen is a beast.

Refs sucked again. That called on Mac in the EZ was crap. He didn't touch the WR until the pass was gone.

Nice running by LM! Huge holes, but he ran with nice power and vision, too.

The INT was a horrible decision. Guy at his pay grade can't make that throw.

The goal line stand was awesome!!

Sucks about Hughes.

Bears lost.

Nice win, but still LOTS to clean up.

<this space for rent>
Post #: 6778
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 8:08:56 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lars

Refs sucked again. That called on Mac in the EZ was crap. He didn't touch the WR until the pass was gone.

THANK YOU! I listened to Barber go on about what a good call and an easy call it was. It looked to me like the ball hit Alexander and deflected away before he made contact with the receiver. Even if he wasn't looking, he essentially broke the pass up first.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 6779
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 8:11:53 AM   
Ricky J

VikingUpdate.com

@VikingUpdate

The #Vikings playing-time split at safety next to Harrison Smith went like this: 43 snaps (74 percent) for George Iloka and 15 snaps (26 percent) for Anthony Harris

- and it looked like Harris made the most of those snaps
Post #: 6780
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 8:16:47 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

THANK YOU! I listened to Barber go on about what a good call and an easy call it was. It looked to me like the ball hit Alexander and deflected away before he made contact with the receiver. Even if he wasn't looking, he essentially broke the pass up first.

When face guarding is no longer a penalty that wasn't a penalty,

Post #: 6781
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 8:18:36 AM  1 votes
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: bgdavis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Viking Rich

quote:

quote:

quote:

You know how Cousins has that ability to just loft the ball over the front defender to perfectly hit a sandwiched target?

Case just tried that. He didn't have enough arm, so he ended up putting it right on the front defenders hands and it bounced off right to the back defender.

Cousins can drop in it in the bucket with some velocity. Defenders can't react. Keenum lofts it in. Night and day.

Cousins Theilen Diggs and Hunter are all amazing! The least of our worries. Theilen is highly underpaid.

What's crazy is that at the time he signed the contract, everyone was happy for him because it was so much money compared to what he was making. Especially for someone who was an undrafted FA. Some even speculated the Vikings were making a mistake paying him that much.

Now it's definitely a bargain.

Exactly. Thielan wanted some security. We gave it to him. I can see us adding two years with some bonus but Thielan can't fault the organization for taking care of him even if he is outperforming. Don't see him being disgruntled at all either.

I love that there was no one happier that Diggs got his new contract than Thielen.

Yeah. At this point Theilen is a guy that I never want to see in another uniform! Hes our guy!

Without a doubt.

You and I have been on Theilens bandwagon for a long time. All the dude ever did was make plays when given an opportunity. I think Todd O as well.

As a MSU-Mankato Alumni, it really makes me proud to see a fellow Mav making the most out his opportunity. I've been on the Thielen bandwagon ever since he first made the team, but I try to avoid talking about him too much for fear of jinxing him, and also to avoid sounding like too much of a homer.

I tried to find a sport show vid clip from 2016 shortly after AT's first 100-yd game, but I couldn't find it. It was one of those mid-week sports shows, likely on one of ESPN's various channels, where 3 or 4 of their talking heads are discussing the results from the previous week. During the discussion, one of them brought up Thielen, and posed a question something like this, "What about this Thielen kid? 7 catches for 127 yds and a TD. Is he a player to watch?" The response was something like this, "Who? So he had one good game, but he's undrafted, and not even from a D1 school. Trust me, this is probably the last you'll ever hear about him."

Hopefully that analyst doesn't have a crow-allergy, because he's probably been eating nothing but that for the last two years.

One of the Twin Cities stations had a long piece on AT last night. Spoke to the author of a local book about him, chronicling his life from day one.
It was meant to be a celebration of him TRYING out for the team originally, and for simply MAKING an NFL roster, when there was really no hope.
The author told about how his work felt done, on the day Adam blocked the punt when we were playing at the Gophers stadium.
he truly felt like that was IT, that was the top of Mt Everest, he had reached the ultimate that he could get to, from where he began.
And yet, look what has happened since.
It went so far beyond just that, he's now mentioned as ONE OF THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE. You have to say this stuff in bolded letters, because its ridiculous.
On top of being a great young man along the way. Its truly one of the most amazing underdog stories of our lifetimes, and its so damn fun to see it unfolding in front of our eyes every week.
My buddies and I have texted during games about him since the very first day he made the roster, and to this day we still at least once a game, say .. "can you believe this guy?"
The Vince Papale story for the eagles, that was made into the movie Invincible .. was kind of a version of this, but that one basically ended with his one glorious play for a TD.
This is becoming about an entire career, not just a quick flare up and flame out. The kid has almost single-handedly restored faith in all of us that you CAN achieve unbelievable things.
We really need to enjoy this while it's happening, and it's fun to see all of you that do.
Post #: 6782
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 8:20:53 AM   
Todd M

Awesome stuff. Great post, Scott.

Post #: 6783
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 8:21:45 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

And the phantom PI call on Rudolph before the half, that CHANGED the entire game for the next 10 minutes. it went from a game on the verge of a blowout, to basically a tied dogfight. There always seems to be that one old dude with a flag who wants to get involved, at the worst times.
Post #: 6784
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 8:28:07 AM   
odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

I think our D bends a bit here and there but doesnt break Vs Cards...

Our O matches up well with them if we run the usual perimeter runs and bubble screens, the occasional sweep. Their main disrupting force Chandler Jones should be able to be dealt with even by our O line. They dont get great push in middle and have been suspect especially on run D and short to intermediate stuff... Patrick Peterson is still a force in backfield but opposite WR and RBs and TEs should get plent of looks... They mostly run a zone D and their linebackers arent scaring anyone as of late.

Prediction Vikes 27 cards 17

Nailed it! Nice!
Post #: 6785
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 8:31:30 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

And the phantom PI call on Rudolph before the half, that CHANGED the entire game for the next 10 minutes. it went from a game on the verge of a blowout, to basically a tied dogfight. There always seems to be that one old dude with a flag who wants to get involved, at the worst times.

Absolute worst call of the game.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 6786
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 8:34:37 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

last week's sendejo roughing call was complete bullshit - he didn't even garner a fine from it, and goodell has a bug up his ass when it comes to sendejo....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6787
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 8:42:32 AM   
Lars

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes - that call was awful as well! Total bullshit.

I thought Iloka and Harris played really well. Harris made a couple of nice tackles.

<this space for rent>
Post #: 6788
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 8:49:32 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

last week's sendejo roughing call was complete bullshit - he didn't even garner a fine from it, and goodell has a bug up his ass when it comes to sendejo....

He launched himself head first into the back of an airborne receiver. He absolutely deserved that call. Sendejo needs to learn how to tackle an quit launching his helmet at everybody.

Post #: 6789
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 8:49:47 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You know how Cousins has that ability to just loft the ball over the front defender to perfectly hit a sandwiched target?

Case just tried that. He didn't have enough arm, so he ended up putting it right on the front defenders hands and it bounced off right to the back defender.

Cousins can drop in it in the bucket with some velocity. Defenders can't react. Keenum lofts it in. Night and day.

Cousins Theilen Diggs and Hunter are all amazing! The least of our worries. Theilen is highly underpaid.

What's crazy is that at the time he signed the contract, everyone was happy for him because it was so much money compared to what he was making. Especially for someone who was an undrafted FA. Some even speculated the Vikings were making a mistake paying him that much.

Exactly. Thielan wanted some security. We gave it to him. I can see us adding two years with some bonus but Thielan can't fault the organization for taking care of him even if he is outperforming. Don't see him being disgruntled at all either.

I love that there was no one happier that Diggs got his new contract than Thielen.

Yeah. At this point Theilen is a guy that I never want to see in another uniform! Hes our guy!

Without a doubt.

You and I have been on Theilens bandwagon for a long time. All the dude ever did was make plays when given an opportunity. I think Todd O as well.

As a MSU-Mankato Alumni, it really makes me proud to see a fellow Mav making the most out his opportunity. I've been on the Thielen bandwagon ever since he first made the team, but I try to avoid talking about him too much for fear of jinxing him, and also to avoid sounding like too much of a homer.

I tried to find a sport show vid clip from 2016 shortly after AT's first 100-yd game, but I couldn't find it. It was one of those mid-week sports shows, likely on one of ESPN's various channels, where 3 or 4 of their talking heads are discussing the results from the previous week. During the discussion, one of them brought up Thielen, and posed a question something like this, "What about this Thielen kid? 7 catches for 127 yds and a TD. Is he a player to watch?" The response was something like this, "Who? So he had one good game, but he's undrafted, and not even from a D1 school. Trust me, this is probably the last you'll ever hear about him."

Hopefully that analyst doesn't have a crow-allergy, because he's probably been eating nothing but that for the last two years.

One of the Twin Cities stations had a long piece on AT last night. Spoke to the author of a local book about him, chronicling his life from day one.
It was meant to be a celebration of him TRYING out for the team originally, and for simply MAKING an NFL roster, when there was really no hope.
The author told about how his work felt done, on the day Adam blocked the punt when we were playing at the Gophers stadium.
he truly felt like that was IT, that was the top of Mt Everest, he had reached the ultimate that he could get to, from where he began.
It went so far beyond just that, he's now mentioned as ONE OF THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE. You have to say this stuff in bolded letters, because its ridiculous.
On top of being a great young man along the way. Its truly one of the most amazing underdog stories of our lifetimes, and its so damn fun to see it unfolding in front of our eyes every week.
My buddies and I have texted during games about him since the very first day he made the roster, and to this day we still at least once a game, say .. "can you believe this guy?"
The Vince Papale story for the eagles, that was made into the movie Invincible .. was kind of a version of this, but that one basically ended with his one glorious play for a TD.
This is becoming about an entire career, not just a quick flare up and flame out. The kid has almost single-handedly restored faith in all of us that you CAN achieve unbelievable things.
We really need to enjoy this while it's happening, and it's fun to see all of you that do.

Ronde Barber was raving about him all game yesterday...Heard it a few times about how great he is at running a route and how hard that would be to defend.

All of us are entitled to our own opinion. None of us are entitled to our own facts. - Alan Page
Post #: 6790
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 8:55:52 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Without a doubt.

Ronde Barber was raving about him all game yesterday...Heard it a few times about how great he is at running a route and how hard that would be to defend.

His route running is fantastic. He kills man coverage, and he's a zone buster. Always open.

But, it's not just his route running. He's great at every aspect of playing the position.
He's playing with such a high level of confidence. Pretty amazing.

Every time Zimmer talks about him, the first thing he talks about is how tough he is.

< Message edited by JT2 -- 10/15/2018 8:58:27 AM >
Post #: 6791
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 8:57:37 AM   
ronhextall

Saints scare the hell out of me.

I really wish the Vikings went OL instead of Cook, Murray is fine and I am against paying a lot or drafting RB's high. Barkley is a stud in NY and it doesn't equal wins.

If I was the Wilfs I would take Thielen and his wife (if he has one) out for dinner. I would tell him he will always have a job with the Vikings when his playing days are over, front office, PR, scouting, ect........whatever he wants to try out. I know his contract is not what he should be getting paid but I would assure him he will always be cashing a check from the purple if he wants one.

Cousins INT looked like a high school play, just throw it to throw it. Damn ugly and stupid. Throw it away or take the sack. That is the kind of play that can kill a season if it happens at the wrong time.

To help protect the QB I wonder if the league has every considered letting the QB listen to the coaches during the play through the ear piece. I think that would be fascinating.
Post #: 6792
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 9:04:29 AM   
SoMnFan

Every time Zimmer talks about him, the first thing he talks about is how tough he is.

My favorite story about that is that Zimmer thinks he's (zimmer) the toughest sob to walk the planet.
And he's always yakking about it. Says that from day One, Thielen always replied to his daily challenges with "you don't wanna try me, coach"
Tells you about the kids inner confidence.
Post #: 6793
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 9:07:23 AM   
JT2

The deflections at the LOS are concerning. We were fortunate none of them resulted in an interception.
I don't know how much improvement we can expect from the OLine, (it's primarily a lack of talent there) but we may have to incorporate deeper drops for Cousins.

Cousins is taking a lot of hits. Some of that is on him, he's aggressive with his desire to go downfield, but we definitely need to find away to keep him from getting beat up so much. As the season progresses, those shots take a toll and can definitely impact performance.
Post #: 6794
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 9:12:40 AM   
quote:

Kirk has his weaknesses too... some of which showed up again yesterday.
But, yeah he has a better arm. No question.
He also has a trajectory that lends itself to tipped passes.
And 8 turnovers in 6 games.
He needs to clean that up.
And get us in the end zone more.
The good thing is we had a running game and some defensive fire in a win when our QB play was questionable.
Keep that up and we might finally start putting teams away.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 6795
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 9:21:39 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Great win, happy as hell. Love a lot of aspects of that win. That being said, you can always learn and get better, we are trying to reach the peak right? Don't take it as 'negatives'. It makes me wonder WTH is going on when someone mentions a 'negative' and they are considered "trolls". Trolls exist, I get that. That being said:

Good -

AT - as always. Dude is just amazing. It's crazy to think how far that dude has come. And to those who think he needs to get paid, he does but it's all good. He's a native. He's the Joe M of football. He may not get top 10 money at the position but he's never spending another dime in the state of MN

Good:

Barr - very active. Not sure what's up with this guy. When he shows up it's awesome.....just doesn't happen much

Hunter - stud

O'Neill - kid was, as DL pointed out, our best lineman

Harris - was so much better than Sendejo has been

Murray - Dude ran hard today

More to that - that ONLINE run blocking. Big holes. Nice to see

Bad:

The Hughes injury

KC's INT. He just threw it up for grabs. Come on man, you're better than that

Some play calling. At times it was great and others it was head scratching. When we needed to ice the game we went 3 and out and it wasn't even good D. It was putrid O-calling

Ugly:

The OLine pass protection. Again, just crap. Unreal

Batted balls, WTF?

Big plays against the D. It's a worrying trend. We don't, necessarily, get dinked and dunked to death. We are solid (all year) and then ~Bam~ a 30 yarder where the guy is running completely free. This has to stop. D has been much better but that was still a problem

Coaching when we get a lead. It still is Zim's Achilles. It's been noted/talked to death, but it's true. When we get a lead and we refuse to stomp on their throats. It works most of the time. Our record is good but I'm afraid it will bite us in the ass.

I noticed Cousins kept getting the ball batted down because Compton and Remmers kept getting walked back into his lap. I can’t believe Isadora would be worse than those two. How about giving Jones a shot? There’s just zero consistency. Can you imagine how good this offense would be with a decent online?

AZ also had their linemen stop rushing, stay in a lane, and jump for the knock down. They saw something.
We may need to change up his dropback a bit if teams keep that up. Pump fake them too.
But yes, there's also definitely not enough space between the QB and the line on a lot of pass plays.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 6796
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 9:23:55 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

The deflections at the LOS are concerning. We were fortunate none of them resulted in an interception.
I don't know how much improvement we can expect from the OLine, (it's primarily a lack of talent there) but we may have to incorporate deeper drops for Cousins.

Cousins is taking a lot of hits. Some of that is on him, he's aggressive with his desire to go downfield, but we definitely need to find away to keep him from getting beat up so much. As the season progresses, those shots take a toll and can definitely impact performance.

Just wrote a similar thought.
His trajectory also comes into play there.
Pump fakes could help too.

< Message edited by Art -- 10/15/2018 9:25:13 AM >

Post #: 6797
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 9:26:55 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

He launched himself head first into the back of an airborne receiver. He absolutely deserved that call. Sendejo needs to learn how to tackle an quit launching his helmet at everybody.

he barely brushed the receiver on the back - imo it was not a good call, and roger goodell agrees with me....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6798
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 9:27:26 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

Just wrote a similar thought.
His trajectory also comes into play there.
Pump fakes could help too.

If our Olineman engage them sooner that might help

MLB---Choose well and Championships will follow
Post #: 6799
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/15/2018 9:38:51 AM   
kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's crappy when a bad call changes momentum like that one.

While we're bitching, the PI on Waynes was another phantom penalty.

Fix it Zimmer!!
Post #: 6800
Page:   <<   < prev  270 271 [272] 273 274   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  270 271 [272] 273 274   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode