Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  322 323 [324] 325 326   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 8:51:28 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

1. I’m not sure if the Vikings’ defense is fixed, but it seems to be trending that way—Minnesota has held each of its last four opponents under 300 total yards, and it kept the Lions out of the end zone entirely on Sunday. When I talked to captain Harrison Smith after the 24-9 win, he at least intimated that earlier in the year, guys might have been trying to do too much. And now that’s calmed down. “We have a lot of really good players,” Smith said. “We all want to make plays all the time. And sometimes that can hurt you. When you just get back to just saying, ‘OK this is what I gotta do, I’m gonna go do it, and I know the guy next to me is gonna do it, the guy in front of me, he’s gonna do it.’ Then everything takes care of itself. You don't have to be Superman out there.” Smith pointed to Danielle Hunter’s 32-yard return of a Matthew Stafford fumble for a touchdown as a prime example. “That’s guys up front getting off the ball and getting pressure, and guys on the back end, linebackers covering,” Smith said. “And then once he starts scrambling, just everyone running like a madman to the ball. That's when opportunities come. It may looks like luck but there’s another play in the game where Xavier [Rhodes] strips the ball, and we got three other guys swarming to the ball. Unfortunately the ball is just out of bounds, instead of us picking it up and scoring. But we get another chance at that later because everyone is running to the ball. Good things happen when the whole team is running like your hair’s on fire.” The Vikings were my Super Bowl champion in August, by the way. Sunday did make me feel a little better about that.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/05/michael-thomas-saints-cellphone-browns-panthers-falcons-steelers-vikings-patriots-packers-mmqb

I don't think its a total coincidence that Sendejo missed all 4 of those games.

Is it as much a factor of Sendejo not playing or is it the emergence of Kearse who may be the best surprise of this football season?

Or maybe due to the caliber of opponent (Jets, Cards, etc)?
Post #: 8076
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 8:53:47 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

Chris Tomasson
‏@christomasson
4h4 hours ago
Pro Football Focus on #Vikings guard Mike Remmers on Sunday vs. Lions: "Remmers had an overall grade of 75.5 and a run blocking grade of 77.1, each of which represents a personal best for him going back to late last season when he moved inside to guard.''

Tomasson Retweeted
Brett Tessler
‏@TesslerSports
5h5 hours ago
Nice to see @PFF rate my Minnesota Vikings client Mike Remmers as the top Right Guard in the NFL this week. Still amazing that he's only played the position less than a year of his life.

I dogged PFF in the past for some crazy ratings so it would be disingenuous to promote them now ... however, if Remmers settles in at guard we may be doing well by the end of the season.

Crown his ass.
Post #: 8077
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 8:59:13 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Great to see Beebe called up, and get 3 catches on 3 targets.

He seems like a fundamentals guy who will run the route properly and make the catch. Size and lack of higher end athleticism counter that. So, he works hard on the basics.
Post #: 8078
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 9:13:35 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Dear Detroit:

I and the vast majority of Vikings Fans give you unrestricted permissions and approval to recruit, hire, offer a contract, or anything else necessary to get Mike Preifer to become your special teams coach..

We will, as fans, throw in a bag of footballs and a box of doughnuts, and as many anti gay island nuclear weapons as we can get our hands on..

Enjoy and respond soon ...

This offer never expires.

Sincerely,

The Vikings Fan Base

Any year now this guy is gonna get snatched up for a promotion. Any year now...

I've come to the conclusion that I'm in an unhealthy co-dependent relationship with the Vikings. Damn it.
Post #: 8079
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 9:16:43 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Just wanna say that running through a giant hole for 70 yards but being unable to finish and then having 9 more rushes for 19 yards isn't all that impressive to me.

He hit 22 MPH. Fasted for a RB in the NFL this season. Faster than Hunt/ T Hill, etc.

Before he missed time for injuries, he led the NFL in forced missed tackles and yards after first contact.

That's impressive to me.

I couldn't believe no one was saying anything about that in here (I looked)
One of the few times I have literally jumped out of my chair yelling.
He looked like he was shot out of a gun when he hit that hole. An explosion. So good to see.

He went video game on the D with that acceleration and top gear.

One other time stands out, and that is when Harvin ran a kickoff back right up the middle, the old "Look at Percy fly".

Less video game, more like the old electric football where some random player would suddenly jet 40 yards... but in any direction.

I had a bunch of "Jim Marshalls" on my vibrating electric FB teams.
The only time they would take off on those epic runs, would be right after they made a perfect spin and ended up headed the wrong way.
"another new record for safeties!" as my guys were piled up in my own endzone. Manipulating those little feeler feet underneath them usually backfired on me.
Post #: 8080
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 9:24:39 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

This is good. Bill Brown is definitely one of my all time favorite players. https://youtu.be/dZLbA9vGxH8

I'd be Bill Brown as I dove over the snow pile and into the end zone.

I was Foreman when I did that.
If I plowed through the snow without leaving the ground, THEN I was Bill Brown.

I’ll admit I don’t watch much ESPN anymore, but did they even report on Bill Brown at all?

I’m not sure people realize how respected Bill Brown was around the NFL.

Personally one of my favorite moments in my life (Aside from family) was playing golf with former Rams DE Deacon Jones. (He could’ve been a comedian BTW) After one of our playing partners mentioned I was I Vikings fan, Deacon went into quite a long a dissertation on how close the “Fearsome Foursome” Ram team actually was with the 60’s-70’s Vikings team. He mentioned what a great group of guys they were, and that they all use to go out to dinner, and cocktails together. He specifically pointed out what a great guy Bill Brown was.

His passing brought that conversation back to me. Sorry if some of you had to endure that story for a second time, it just kind of warmed my heart in retrospect...
Post #: 8081
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 9:44:34 AM   
SoMnFan

Great stuff Kurt
I'll never apologize for being a FANATIC about that era of Viking teams
I had an uncle from Bloomington who got close with many of them, the stories were incredible. A different time.
Post #: 8082
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 10:04:41 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is good. Bill Brown is definitely one of my all time favorite players. https://youtu.be/dZLbA9vGxH8

I’ll admit I don’t watch much ESPN anymore, but did they even report on Bill Brown at all?

I’m not sure people realize how respected Bill Brown was around the NFL.

Personally one of my favorite moments in my life (Aside from family) was playing golf with former Rams DE Deacon Jones. (He could’ve been a comedian BTW) After one of our playing partners mentioned I was I Vikings fan, Deacon went into quite a long a dissertation on how close the “Fearsome Foursome” Ram team actually was with the 60’s-70’s Vikings team. He mentioned what a great group of guys they were, and that they all use to go out to dinner, and cocktails together. He specifically pointed out what a great guy Bill Brown was.

His passing brought that conversation back to me. Sorry if some of you had to endure that story for a second time, it just kind of warmed my heart in retrospect...

Wow. To meet Deacon Jones is a feather in your cap.

They say he may still hold some sack records had they kept them in that era.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 8083
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 10:11:37 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

In my time, Foreman was only a gleam in the Vikings eye.
Post #: 8084
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 10:58:35 AM   
McMurfy

Wow.

You guys are old.

I suppose if a snowball fight broke out, you’d both argue over who got to be Miles Standish.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 8085
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 10:59:01 AM   
Bill Jandro

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/05/sharrif-floyd-lawsuit-dr-james-andrews

Former Vikings defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd will file a $180-million lawsuit against noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews, the Andrews Institute for Orthopedic Surgery and others in the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court for Orange County Florida on Tuesday, according to Floyd’s lawyer Brad Sohn.

Post #: 8086
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 11:33:50 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/05/sharrif-floyd-lawsuit-dr-james-andrews

Former Vikings defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd will file a $180-million lawsuit against noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews, the Andrews Institute for Orthopedic Surgery and others in the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court for Orange County Florida on Tuesday, according to Floyd’s lawyer Brad Sohn.

Don’t blame him...

He would have been a monster for us.
Post #: 8087
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 11:37:59 AM   
SoMnFan

At the risk of pissing CPAMan off again ...

8. Minnesota Vikings (5-3-1)

Preseason rank: 4 | Week 9: 8

With a new quarterback stepping into a new offense, there were bound to be some bumps in the road. Kirk Cousins has exceeded expectations at times but also has had his growing pains. The running game was expected to be better, but injuries to Dalvin Cook and the offensive line's early struggles hindered production. With Cook back, Minnesota's rushing attack has the explosive spark it was missing. All in all, racking up five wins before their Week 10 bye is something the Vikings are understandably proud of given the brutal stretch of games they faced over the first nine weeks. -- Courtney Cronin
Post #: 8088
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 11:43:08 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

At the risk of pissing CPAMan off again ...

8. Minnesota Vikings (5-3-1)

Preseason rank: 4 | Week 9: 8

With a new quarterback stepping into a new offense, there were bound to be some bumps in the road. Kirk Cousins has exceeded expectations at times but also has had his growing pains. The running game was expected to be better, but injuries to Dalvin Cook and the offensive line's early struggles hindered production. With Cook back, Minnesota's rushing attack has the explosive spark it was missing. All in all, racking up five wins before their Week 10 bye is something the Vikings are understandably proud of given the brutal stretch of games they faced over the first nine weeks. -- Courtney Cronin

Brutal doesn't change coming out of the bye. On the road at Chicago, Home vs GB, then on the road and New England followed by Seattle. That's a tough four game stretch. They need every game but best guess they come out of that 3-1 at best.

In 2016, Clinton's underlying (and sometimes overlying) message was something like this: Trump is awful and you will never vote for him. And I am the only other person running for president.
Post #: 8089
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 11:54:45 AM   
marty

That letter was quite funny Dan !

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 8090
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 12:12:30 PM   
Toby Stumbo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

1. I’m not sure if the Vikings’ defense is fixed, but it seems to be trending that way—Minnesota has held each of its last four opponents under 300 total yards, and it kept the Lions out of the end zone entirely on Sunday. When I talked to captain Harrison Smith after the 24-9 win, he at least intimated that earlier in the year, guys might have been trying to do too much. And now that’s calmed down. “We have a lot of really good players,” Smith said. “We all want to make plays all the time. And sometimes that can hurt you. When you just get back to just saying, ‘OK this is what I gotta do, I’m gonna go do it, and I know the guy next to me is gonna do it, the guy in front of me, he’s gonna do it.’ Then everything takes care of itself. You don't have to be Superman out there.” Smith pointed to Danielle Hunter’s 32-yard return of a Matthew Stafford fumble for a touchdown as a prime example. “That’s guys up front getting off the ball and getting pressure, and guys on the back end, linebackers covering,” Smith said. “And then once he starts scrambling, just everyone running like a madman to the ball. That's when opportunities come. It may looks like luck but there’s another play in the game where Xavier [Rhodes] strips the ball, and we got three other guys swarming to the ball. Unfortunately the ball is just out of bounds, instead of us picking it up and scoring. But we get another chance at that later because everyone is running to the ball. Good things happen when the whole team is running like your hair’s on fire.” The Vikings were my Super Bowl champion in August, by the way. Sunday did make me feel a little better about that.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/05/michael-thomas-saints-cellphone-browns-panthers-falcons-steelers-vikings-patriots-packers-mmqb

I don't think its a total coincidence that Sendejo missed all 4 of those games.

Is it as much a factor of Sendejo not playing or is it the emergence of Kearse who may be the best surprise of this football season?

Or maybe due to the caliber of opponent (Jets, Cards, etc)?

......Saints

GO VIKES!
Post #: 8091
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 1:01:12 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

We did Dave Osborn over the top of the snowbank and Boom Boom Brown through it.
Post #: 8092
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 1:03:05 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

Posted mine without looking further. Kids all up and down the state covered in snow.........
Post #: 8093
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 1:04:37 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

When we forgot to bring the ball, we were Brent McClanahan.
Post #: 8094
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 1:05:15 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Posted mine without looking further. Kids all up and down the state covered in snow.........

Was actually going to add Osborn in there too.
has there ever been a tougher combo? Doubt it.
2 hard-nosed SOBs
Softening things up for Clinton Jones.
Post #: 8095
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 1:08:33 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

Awesome!
Post #: 8096
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 1:08:49 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

Baaaaaaa-DUM- BUMMMMMMMMM
Post #: 8097
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 1:47:26 PM   
Bill Jandro

Packer fans are wanting MCCarthy's head on a pike

Post #: 8098
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 2:11:19 PM   
Bill Jandro

Darren Wolfson

@DWolfsonKSTP

Sounds like #Vikings TE David Morgan escaped serious injury to his left knee. However, he's expected to miss some time.
10:53 AM - Nov 6, 2018

Post #: 8099
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/6/2018 2:14:32 PM   
Bill Jandro

Might have to change the name of US Bank Stadium to Wounded Knee field

Post #: 8100
Page:   <<   < prev  322 323 [324] 325 326   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  322 323 [324] 325 326   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode