Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  324 325 [326] 327 328   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 9:25:55 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

I see Harris played 100% of the defensive snaps against Det

Kearse 23%
Iloka 0%

Extend Harris now

now would be a great time to offer harris a nice signing bonus that with salary equates to around $2.5m/yr over four years....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 8126
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 10:50:23 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

I see Harris played 100% of the defensive snaps against Det

Kearse 23%
Iloka 0%

Extend Harris now

now would be a great time to offer harris a nice signing bonus that with salary equates to around $2.5m/yr over four years....

and I am sure his agent will urge him to reject that as he will likely make more on the free agent market.

All of us are entitled to our own opinion. None of us are entitled to our own facts. - Alan Page
Post #: 8127
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 1:10:36 PM  1 votes
Ragnarök

Yawn... Bye week....

Some quotes as of late...

Lunchbreak: Jay Glazer Believes Vikings Will Be on the Rise After Bye

Hmmm, thanks for the death blow Jay....

State of 8: Cousins Says Vikings Organization Has ‘Exceeded My Expectations’

Ummm really Kirk? Vikes pushed all their chips to center of table on you for a Super Bowl, Not 5-3-1 and a happy feeling... It is Super Bowl or bust and we would like you to exceed our expectations, quit with the turn overs already and playing down to crappy teams...

Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman said Tuesday that Cousins has been “phenomenal” so far this season

Rick, stop patting yourself on the back, Blind squirrel finds nut... Big deal... Your drafts and moves for QB have been less than Phenom... not to mention the dead horse everyone beats of a O line you continue to build to protect your Phenoms...

This team has done nothing to this point, and next 4 games will tell all on if we even sniff the playoffs...

If we were come out flat against Chicago after the bye what expectations are left?
Post #: 8128
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 1:37:51 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

Yawn... Bye week....

Ummm really Kirk? Vikes pushed all their chips to center of table on you for a Super Bowl, Not 5-3-1 and a happy feeling... It is Super Bowl or bust and we would like you to exceed our expectations, quit with the turn overs already and playing down to crappy teams...

Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman said Tuesday that Cousins has been “phenomenal” so far this season

Rick, stop patting yourself on the back, Blind squirrel finds nut... Big deal... Your drafts and moves for QB have been less than Phenom... not to mention the dead horse everyone beats of a O line you continue to build to protect your Phenoms...

This team has done nothing to this point, and next 4 games will tell all on if we even sniff the playoffs...

If we were come out flat against Chicago after the bye what expectations are left?

Purty sure your expectations can't go any lower.
Post #: 8129
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 1:50:56 PM   
Murph

https://www.vikings.com/video/bill-brown-vikings-nfl-films

Awesome piece.

Purple Dynasty!
Post #: 8130
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 2:03:31 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Yawn... Bye week....

Ummm, my expectations are likely set far too high on this one...

Reality is we are getting just about what we should out of Kirk. Dazzling flashes of incredible play making followed by WTF moments...

The stats and numbers Kirk puts up are like his smile, beautiful and assuring, yet Ive seen the same smile out of a used car salesman just before he signs you into a long term budget crippling deal on shiny looking new toy that turns out to be a lemon...
Post #: 8131
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 2:11:21 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yawn... Bye week....

Reality is we are getting just about what we should out of Kirk. Dazzling flashes of incredible play making followed by WTF moments...

The stats and numbers Kirk puts up are like his smile, beautiful and assuring, yet Ive seen the same smile out of a used car salesman just before he signs you into a long term budget crippling deal on shiny looking new toy that turns out to be a lemon...

Its fun watching you work so hard to try to justify your preconceived notions about Cousins.

Its a bit like Brad with Thielen - all the way down to the cute nicknames.
Post #: 8132
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 2:29:20 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yawn... Bye week....

Its fun watching you work so hard to try to justify your preconceived notions about Cousins.

Well TY, TY... I will be here all season!

To be compared to the great Mr Hoiseth is an honor!

I never once refered to him as Quirk or "The False Prophet" lately, he has actually been slowly winning me over... I can eat crow and truth be told I would honestly love to be as wrong on Kirk as Brad was on Thielen!

Im just here for flavor at this point... like Red Hot sauce... I put that SH!T on everything! Hopefully on a heaping helping of crow while Kirk is hoisting the Lombardy! ...but it goes both ways you know...
Post #: 8133
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 2:31:21 PM   
Bill Jandro

A lot is riding on our trip to Chi

Bears schedule is sawft. If we don't sweep this seasons series we will not win the Norris.

Lions
Vikes
at Lions
at NYG
Rams
Packers
at Niners
at Vikes

Bears currently 5-3.

at Lions and Rams could be they're only other losses.

We need to sweep

MLB---Choose well and Championships will follow
Post #: 8134
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 2:44:11 PM   
Bill Jandro

Vikes 5-3-1

Bye
at Bears
Packers
at NE
at Sea
Fish
at Lions
Bears

Hopefully last game decides whom is king of the north

Post #: 8135
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 3:02:24 PM   
Steve Lentz

Dez Bryant to the Saints.

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 8136
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 3:03:52 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

What? Why? Don't they like winning? Didn't they learn anything from having Adrian Peterson?

All of us are entitled to our own opinion. None of us are entitled to our own facts. - Alan Page
Post #: 8137
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 3:15:45 PM   
Lars

A few days late, but here is my $0.02:

A win is always a good thing, especially a division win.

DL was great. Hunter was awesome, but TJohnson may have been even better.

Alexander with a brain fart on a crucial 3rd down that kept a scoring drive alive for DET.

OL playing better. Murray had a solid game.

The INT by Cousins was a dumb throw.

Playcalling seemed more aggressive. Loved going for the score before the half and the 4th down attempt....finally!

Treadwell played well, as did Beebe.

Cousins had a decent game. Stats looked fine, but he left some throws out there and missed some 1st down and big play opportunities.

We had a number of guys out/nicked up and still came out with a solid win.

Take the week to rest and heal for the push through the next stretch of games.

<this space for rent>
Post #: 8138
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 3:20:48 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

What? Why? Don't they like winning? Didn't they learn anything from having Adrian Peterson?

Good move or not Dez adds another piece to their chess set Brees plays with...

They can do things like this because they have a true elite QB that takes far less than market value to allow the team to surround him with talent and put in a position to win.
Post #: 8139
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 3:45:41 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

They can do things like this because they have a true elite QB that takes far less than market value to allow the team to surround him with talent and put in a position to win.

Yeah...That 3M more that Cousins makes sure handicapped us...

(And ignore that when Brees signed his current deal it made him the 3rd highest paid QB in the league at the time...)
Post #: 8140
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 3:58:38 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah...That 3M more that Cousins makes sure handicapped us...

(And ignore that when Brees signed his current deal it made him the 3rd highest paid QB in the league at the time...)

Never made a comparison, Brees reportedly was offered far more in terms from other teams, just as Kirk was by Jets and chose Vikes...

My point was that Brees did sign a team friendly contract as he has in past to stay with Saints when he could have held out for far more or gone elsewhere...
Post #: 8141
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 4:09:56 PM   
David Levine

Nice. So I guess we can call Cousins contract team friendly as well.

Glad that's finally put to rest.
Post #: 8142
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 4:26:29 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I just saw this? Did it just happen? I was kind of busy yesterday being an election judge.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/07/vikings-claim-ameer-abdullah/

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 8143
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 4:56:55 PM   
Tom Sykes

Andrew Krammer
‏ @Andrew_Krammer
11m11 minutes ago

#Vikings waived RB Roc Thomas today to claim RB Ameer Abdullah from the Lions.
Post #: 8144
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 4:57:41 PM   
Tom Sykes

Speed back with ball security issues.
Post #: 8145
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 5:11:27 PM   
Bill Jandro

Career underachiever thus far

Post #: 8146
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 5:13:22 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yawn... Bye week....

Well TY, TY... I will be here all season!

To be compared to the great Mr Hoiseth is an honor!

I never once refered to him as Quirk or "The False Prophet" lately, he has actually been slowly winning me over... I can eat crow and truth be told I would honestly love to be as wrong on Kirk as Brad was on Thielen!

Im just here for flavor at this point... like Red Hot sauce... I put that SH!T on everything! Hopefully on a heaping helping of crow while Kirk is hoisting the Lombardy! ...but it goes both ways you know...

The problem with that kind of shit is ...

When you put that shit on everything ... there is no other flavor than that shit flavor.

Don't aim so low, you know ...
Post #: 8147
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 5:18:02 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

Very shifty back as well. I remember him dealing the Vikes fits when they beat us last year. Not a true speed back though.

< Message edited by Steve Lentz -- 11/7/2018 5:20:02 PM >

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 8148
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 5:26:39 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Very shifty back as well. I remember him dealing the Vikes fits when they beat us last year.

I seem to remember him in his rookie year looking pretty dam good, especially out of the backfield. Looking at his stats, he fumbled 4 times that year ... but seems to have improved that issue a bit ...

He has also returned kicks.

SEASON GP ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LST
2015 16 143 597 4.2 36 2 27 4 2
2016 2 18 101 5.6 24 0 6 0 0
2017 14 165 552 3.3 34 4 24 2 1
2018 3 1 1 1.0 1 0 0 0 0
Career 35 327 1,251 3.8 36 6 57 6 3

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 11/7/2018 5:29:19 PM >
Post #: 8149
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/7/2018 5:30:48 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Andrew Krammer
‏ @Andrew_Krammer
11m11 minutes ago

#Vikings waived RB Roc Thomas today to claim RB Ameer Abdullah from the Lions.

Courtney Cronin@CourtneyRCronin
52m52 minutes ago

If Roc Thomas goes unclaimed on waivers, the Vikings can bring him back on the practice squad. He was not waived with injury designation, per what @FieldYates reported.
Post #: 8150
Page:   <<   < prev  324 325 [326] 327 328   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  324 325 [326] 327 328   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode