Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  329 330 [331] 332 333   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/13/2018 1:09:43 PM   
ratoppenheimer

first mock draft for 2019....

22. Minnesota Vikings
Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College. The Vikings are only going as far as Kirk Cousins takes them, which requires him to be upright. Addressing the offensive line is paramount....ryan wilson, cbs sports

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 8251
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/13/2018 1:25:34 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

first mock draft for 2019....

22. Minnesota Vikings
Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College. The Vikings are only going as far as Kirk Cousins takes them, which requires him to be upright. Addressing the offensive line is paramount....ryan wilson, cbs sports

2 thoughts:

1. I hope we drafted later than that!
2. A Guard would be ideal if its close to good value in our range.
Post #: 8252
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/13/2018 3:06:36 PM   
Todd M

Hard to project until we know which corners are available around our spot.
Post #: 8253
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/13/2018 3:17:01 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Hard to project until we know which corners are available around our spot.

Maybe by hitting jackpot on Hill as UDFA, we go another route!

Hey Zimmer,
Evolve, Adapt and Conquer
Post #: 8254
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/13/2018 3:26:05 PM   
ronhextall

Drafting kickers in the lower rounds hasn't worked, go for it in 2019. The next Sea-bass is out here.
Post #: 8255
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/13/2018 6:14:10 PM   
Mark Rapley

What's the reasonable expectation for the next 4 games? The 2 after that should be pretty easy and we've owned Chicago at home if the last game comes down to the division. Actually, we've won 6 of the last 7 against Chicago so hopefully we can keep that going. Zimmer has done much better in Chicago than the HCs who came before him. Defense doesn't worry me, stupid turnovers on offense do.
Post #: 8256
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/13/2018 9:16:04 PM   
Chris Olson

Who knew Chicago would be this good? Should be good football games each of these next 4...

we really need to beat the Bears and Pack, and while I want to beat NE, that would be the game to give up as it is AFC...

Seattle will also be tough, esp away, but I think we can do it...

agree on the stupid turnovers...

Also, no resting on laurels...defense needs to stay hungry throughout...

I would like to see a 2008 Giants-like run to the SB!
Post #: 8257
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/13/2018 9:55:32 PM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

Who knew Chicago would be this good? Should be good football games each of these next 4...

we really need to beat the Bears and Pack, and while I want to beat NE, that would be the game to give up as it is AFC...

Chris not sure what “Laurels” we’re resting on?

I think being 5-3-1 should take care of that.

I kinda like being underdogs to the Bears, and at NE.

Ricky’s point about being “That team” that gets on a roll at precisely the right team is spot on.

Lord knows we have the talent, make it happen!
Post #: 8258
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/13/2018 11:04:23 PM   
Pager

interesting read on Cousins.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/11/kirk-cousins-aggressive/

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 8259
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2018 1:38:52 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Way too early to worry about the draft. I am into the draft as much as anyone, but I don't even get into it until after the Super Bowl. Hopefully this year I'll be celebrating for awhile after that! Keeping the hope at this moment. If we can get healthy we can beat anyone- even the Patriots on the road.

I'm interested in the injury report that will come out later today.

Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. (Helen Keller)
Post #: 8260
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2018 5:32:17 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Rapley

What's the reasonable expectation for the next 4 games? The 2 after that should be pretty easy and we've owned Chicago at home if the last game comes down to the division. Actually, we've won 6 of the last 7 against Chicago so hopefully we can keep that going. Zimmer has done much better in Chicago than the HCs who came before him. Defense doesn't worry me, stupid turnovers on offense do.

Det has been Zim's kryptonite. Chi not so much. Agree on the stupid TO's. Our offense really needs to take better care of the football. If they do I think we can win every game.

at Chi
GB
at NE
at Sea

Tough 4 game stretch esp with 3 on the road.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 8261
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2018 8:38:49 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

Det has been Zim's kryptonite. Chi not so much. Agree on the stupid TO's. Our offense really needs to take better care of the football. If they do I think we can win every game.

at Chi
GB
at NE
at Sea

Need to win 3 of those but probably will be alive with 2 wins.

Nobody wins at NE and Bill Belichick will certainly watch the Rams film and put his twist on it.
Post #: 8262
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2018 9:32:31 AM   
Ricky J

Yo, Art!

Post #: 8263
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2018 10:26:11 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Yo, Art!

Ouch Ricky!

I’m assuming with the worst RZ rating in the NFL that Case (with his magical pocket presence) eludes 3 or 4 oncoming rushers before he throws an INT, or the ball 10 ft over his receivers head?
Post #: 8264
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2018 10:53:33 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

at Chi
GB
at NE
at Sea

Had been.
Post #: 8265
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2018 10:57:59 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

On pace for 4800 yards = 3rd least aggressive QB in the NFL.
Post #: 8266
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2018 12:33:57 PM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Yeah weird article.

Reminds me of the Danielle Hunter isn’t really as good as his sack total says.

Honestly I can’t remember us having a more aggressive down the field passer in quite sometime....

But what the hell do I know.
Post #: 8267
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2018 12:34:56 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Yeah weird article.

Reminds me of the Danielle Hunter isn’t really as good as his sack total says.

Honestly I can’t remember us having a more aggressive down the field passer in quite sometime....

But what the hell do I know.

Very weird.

Most people have been saying they'd like to see him occasionally settle for the smaller play instead of always looking for the big one.
Post #: 8268
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2018 12:42:44 PM   
SoMnFan

... longing for the old check-down, drop-off days ... who knew some would miss it?
Post #: 8269
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2018 1:26:14 PM   
BigSky

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

Chris not sure what “Laurels” we’re resting on?

I think being 5-3-1 should take care of that.

I kinda like being underdogs to the Bears, and at NE.

Ricky’s point about being “That team” that gets on a roll at precisely the right team is spot on.

Lord knows we have the talent, make it happen!

This is exactly the mind set that I'm going with this year. We're going to peak at the
right time, and it'll carry us into the playoffs. I've picked up the same vibes coming
from Zim this year.
Post #: 8270
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2018 2:07:14 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

at Chi
GB
at NE
at Sea

Perfect point., If this team doesn't turn over the ball we beat the Saints. We had a shot at beating the Rams too, until the late fumble. This Vikings team can beat everyone, including themselves. ONLY one game this year did the other team actually beat us and that was Buffalo. Every other game we won or could have won had we not gotten careless with the ball.

To me, at this point, after the eye opener vs Buffalo, the only team that can really beat the Vikings, Is the Vikings.

In 2016, Clinton's underlying (and sometimes overlying) message was something like this: Trump is awful and you will never vote for him. And I am the only other person running for president.
Post #: 8271
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2018 2:58:18 PM   
SoMnFan

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Bears kicker Cody Parkey will spend part of his Wednesday evening practicing at Soldier Field, where the veteran missed four kicks off the uprights in last Sunday's victory against the Detroit Lions.

Parkey confirmed to reporters that he will make the 35-mile trek from the team's suburban practice facility to the downtown stadium in order to "do everything I possibly can to make kicks."

"I guess just check all the boxes you can, right?" Parkey said. "I mean, it can't hurt."

The two most successful kickers in Bears history, Kevin Butler and Robbie Gould, used to routinely travel to Soldier Field during the regular season to practice kicking in the Chicago lakefront's unpredictable winds.

The Bears (6-3) host the Minnesota Vikings (5-3-1) in a key division game Sunday night.

"As a kicker, this is my fifth season doing this, I've had highs, I've had lows," Parkey said. "So unfortunately it comes with the territory sometimes. I don't get down on myself. I know I'm a great kicker. I'm just going to go out there Sunday and try my best."

Parkey misfired on two field goals and two extra points Sunday. He has failed to convert on five field goals in nine games for the Bears, and he's just 5-of-8 on attempts between 40-49 yards.

Parkey was a pricey offseason pickup for the Bears. Formerly a member of the Eagles, Browns and Dolphins, Parkey signed a four-year, free-agent contract with Chicago that included $9 million in guaranteed money. He will take home $5.5 million in 2018, and his $2.75 million base salary for next season is fully guaranteed.
Post #: 8272
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2018 3:05:18 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
Not practicing for Vikings are Anthony Barr (hamstring) Andrew Sendejo (groin) and David Morgan (knee) Back at practice are Stefon Diggs (rib) and Tom Compton (knee) who both had missed the last game.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 8273
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2018 7:32:57 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

at Chi
GB
at NE
at Sea

Perfect point., If this team doesn't turn over the ball we beat the Saints. We had a shot at beating the Rams too, until the late fumble. This Vikings team can beat everyone, including themselves. ONLY one game this year did the other team actually beat us and that was Buffalo. Every other game we won or could have won had we not gotten careless with the ball.

To me, at this point, after the eye opener vs Buffalo, the only team that can really beat the Vikings, Is the Vikings.

We were pretty careless with the ball against Bills. Two fumbles on our side of the ball (if I remember right) and the strange bounce INT. 3 turnovers will lose you a game even against the Bills.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 8274
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2018 7:36:02 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

at Chi
GB
at NE
at Sea

Actually we turned the ball over to Buffalo our first 2 drives deep in our end
Post #: 8275
Page:   <<   < prev  329 330 [331] 332 333   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  329 330 [331] 332 333   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode