Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  351 352 [353] 354 355   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 9:37:18 AM  1 votes
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Easton is interesting...we new that he was injured when we signed him...and he kept getting worse until he was unusable this season...spielman has signed several injured players over the last few years....

He drafted an injured guy in the fifth round a few years ago named Stefon Diggs.

In 2016, Clinton's underlying (and sometimes overlying) message was something like this: Trump is awful and you will never vote for him. And I am the only other person running for president.
Post #: 8801
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 9:39:13 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Gotta love a win at home vs. the Packers! Rudolph showed up and even got some yards after the catch. Thielen and Diggs are awesome. Defense is very good.

Didn't care for the preparedness in general of the team. 12 men not in the huddle but lined up on the field?!?!?!?! Are you serious? Get Treadwell off the field. Guaranteed money or not he needs to be cut just to open up a roster spot. Shame on whoever decides to keep putting him out there. Offensive line is terrible but there's nothing we can do about that until the offseason. Just PLEASE don't draft CB, CB, CB, P, K, CB, project-type OL, and long-snapper. Draft OL!

Special teams remains an unholy dumpster fire careening down a hill heading for a cliff that's also on fire.

The oline played one of its best games....we don't need to need to draft 3 lineman...1 in the first 2 rounds.

You must be watching a different team than everyone else Phil. Have you seen an eye doctor in the past five years?

Do you not get it? Top lines take years of investments....You think it can be fixed in a year? You draft an elflein and O'Neil every year and keep adding pieces. Was the defense drafted in one year?

Lines do NOT have to be built one player per year...

I'd imagine most top lines are not built that way.

They are talking about investing 3 top picks on the line....I am saying one like O'Neal (2nd) or at worst a 3rd like Elflein. There are good pieces that you add to....

That means you have to nail EVERY pick. You have no margin for error.

They have needs other than oline....LB and TE are 2. Never said it wasn't a need...there are others.

OUr greatest need is Oline, but we do need some TE and LB depth.

and a new WR to replace Treadwell would be wonderful.

In 2016, Clinton's underlying (and sometimes overlying) message was something like this: Trump is awful and you will never vote for him. And I am the only other person running for president.
Post #: 8802
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 9:58:38 AM   
Todd M

Lose: Rudolph and Treadwell suck!

Win: Rudolph and Treadwell suck!

Ready.
Post #: 8803
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 10:00:11 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

Sure seems like we could have shored up the TE position over the years with late round picks.

Now it's a need? Never should have been. Easiest position in the NFL to draft, except for us. We're looking for the next Kleinsasser or Rudolph. It's a plug and play position. They're almost like mosquitoes, they're everywhere.......except here.

Wait, bad analogy, there are a lot of mosquitoes here.

We tried.

Swung and missed with Hodges and early returns on Conklin aren't great.

hodges must have a lockerroom presence - i thought he played well in the preseason of '17...conklin ran a 4.80/40 and doesn't have the height or hands of rudolph...like any player, if we want a good one, we need to draft them early....

this offseason:

let these players go: sendejo, remmers
rework these contracts: griffen, rudolph
extend these players with modest deals - backloaded with nice signing bonus: harris, weatherly...maybe kearse and alexander.

extend richardson.

it would be great if we can trade barr, waynes and sendejo to a team that needs to reload on defense - can we trade barr if we own his franchise/transition rights?...perhaps we transition tag barr.

do we keep waynes and consider moving rhodes?...i love rhodes, but he seems like he's on the back end of his career

sign a solid guard in free agency, i.e. saffold or levitre or other
pick 1 - guard
pick 2 - lb/te
pick 3 - te/lb
pick 4 - ot

Agree with pretty much all of this but trading Rhodes. The injuries are too common but he is a top player when healthy.

Hughes and Hill will easily take the place of Waynes.

I think you franchise Barr and take less in a trade(down to a 3rd rounder, never would get a 1st, let alone two 1st)
Post #: 8804
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 10:17:03 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sure seems like we could have shored up the TE position over the years with late round picks.

Now it's a need? Never should have been. Easiest position in the NFL to draft, except for us. We're looking for the next Kleinsasser or Rudolph. It's a plug and play position. They're almost like mosquitoes, they're everywhere.......except here.

We tried.

hodges must have a lockerroom presence - i thought he played well in the preseason of '17...conklin ran a 4.80/40 and doesn't have the height or hands of rudolph...like any player, if we want a good one, we need to draft them early....

this offseason:

extend these players with modest deals - backloaded with nice signing bonus: harris, weatherly...maybe kearse and alexander.

extend richardson.

it would be great if we can trade barr, waynes and sendejo to a team that needs to reload on defense - can we trade barr if we own his franchise/transition rights?...perhaps we transition tag barr.

do we keep waynes and consider moving rhodes?...i love rhodes, but he seems like he's on the back end of his career

pick 1 - guard
pick 2 - lb/te
pick 3 - te/lb
pick 4 - ot

Agree with pretty much all of this but trading Rhodes. The injuries are too common but he is a top player when healthy.

I think you franchise Barr and take less in a trade(down to a 3rd rounder, never would get a 1st, let alone two 1st)

I hate to say it but it might be Rhodes we have to get rid of and keep Wayne's. Trade Griffen as Weatherly can take his place....

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 11/27/2018 10:18:45 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 8805
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 11:20:33 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Lose: Rudolph and Treadwell suck!

Win: Rudolph and Treadwell suck!

Well Treadwell is consistently sucky! Not my fault...

I'm not as down on Rudy though. I think hes fine but also agree we need to add a TE that can stretch the D a little.
Post #: 8806
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 12:57:51 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Sandejo to IR!

Phew, was worried he'd be coming back. I prefer Harris.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 8807
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 1:05:07 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Easton is interesting...we new that he was injured when we signed him...and he kept getting worse until he was unusable this season...spielman has signed several injured players over the last few years....

He drafted an injured guy in the fifth round a few years ago named Stefon Diggs.

It sounds like that’s part of his vetting process...he also signed mike harris and latavius murray in ‘17....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 8808
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 1:10:38 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby Stumbo

Sandejo to IR!

Good news indeed. Sendejo has finally found a way to help us win games.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it.
Post #: 8809
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 1:14:26 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Sandejo to IR!

That's huge.

At this point Sendejo is our 5th best safety - and a real liability in the passing game.
Post #: 8810
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 1:28:54 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We tried.

this offseason:

extend richardson.

pick 1 - guard
pick 2 - lb/te
pick 3 - te/lb
pick 4 - ot

I hate to say it but it might be Rhodes we have to get rid of and keep Wayne's. Trade Griffen as Weatherly can take his place....

we could offer an afc team that needs a complete defensive reload; griffen, sendejo, rhodes and barr --- all for a 2nd and 4th rounder....

Post #: 8811
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 1:35:44 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Rhodes getting a lot of heat in here, but it's only because he set an impossible bar last season.

He was fantastic last season. Some drop off is expected.

The very best CB's in the game get beat from time to time, especially in today's game.

Even if he is having a bad season, by last year's standards, his ability to cover allows us to show so many different looks on D.

He's probably the most difficult player on our D to replace.

Agreed.

You do not trade Rhodes.
Post #: 8812
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 1:35:51 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Sandejo to IR!

That's huge.

At this point Sendejo is our 5th best safety - and a real liability in the passing game.

Not to mention this should result in fewer concussions to teammates.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it.
Post #: 8813
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 2:49:31 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Sandejo to IR!

That's huge.

That's why I used to call him the Misguided Missle

Post #: 8814
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 2:50:53 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

It sounds like that’s part of his vetting process...he also signed mike harris and latavius murray in ‘17....

Mike Harris?

Post #: 8815
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 3:28:04 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

VikingsUpdate.com
More
In case you can't get enough of the #Vikings beating the Packers and didn't DVR it, NFL Network will be re-airing the game in full starting at 11 p.m. Central on Wednesday.

I didn't watch it live, but I did DVR it. I still haven't watched the second half, but it should be fun.

Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. (Helen Keller)
Post #: 8816
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 4:06:36 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Sandejo to IR!

That's huge.

That's why I used to call him the Misguided Missle

I believe I used to call him the human missile crisis.
Post #: 8817
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 4:08:09 PM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We tried.

this offseason:

extend richardson.

pick 1 - guard
pick 2 - lb/te
pick 3 - te/lb
pick 4 - ot

we could offer an afc team that needs a complete defensive reload; griffen, sendejo, rhodes and barr --- all for a 2nd and 4th rounder....

Regardless of what happens with the Vikings this year, next year seems to be lining up perfectly for Spielman to create one of the best rosters in football. Sendejo, Remmers, Rudolph, Barr, Treadwell account for $35mil worth of cap space. Toss in the $4mil we get back for Shariff Floyd and that gets us around $40mil with very little drop in production thanks to existing depth on the team. Spielman should be able to sign 2 top tier guards, and a difference maker at TE, and find viable replacements for the rest of them. We could go into next season with an outstanding offensive line (when was the last time we could say that?), have excellent players at every skill position and still field an outstanding defense.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 8818
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 4:36:49 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Ok. You guys have been really hard on Rudolph. I just want to point out that he is our third best passing option, especially in the red zone. Together with Diggs and Thielen, Cousins was 23 of 27 Sunday night when targeting those three guys. and in particular, Rudolph caught all seven passes thrown his way for 63 yards. That comes out to be 9 yards per throw, not just per completion.

https://www.vikings.com/news/3-stats-that-stood-out-packers-at-vikings

In addition, I would like to point out that there isn't another tight end in Vikings history who has scored more touchdowns for us and also this is the fourth season in a row where he has not missed a game. (That was an issue earlier in his career.) With Morgan out now, that is really critical to us. This year he is down on his TD's, but he is on pace to have his second best season in his career for both pass receptions and yards.

Post #: 8819
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 4:44:17 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Ok. You guys have been really hard on Rudolph. I just want to point out that he is our third best passing option, especially in the red zone. Together with Diggs and Thielen, Cousins was 23 of 27 Sunday night when targeting those three guys. and in particular, Rudolph caught all seven passes thrown his way for 63 yards. That comes out to be 9 yards per throw, not just per completion.

In addition, I would like to point out that there isn't another tight end in Vikings history who has scored more touchdowns for us and also this is the fourth season in a row where he has not missed a game. (That was an issue earlier in his career.) With Morgan out now, that is really critical to us. This year he is down on his TD's, but he is on pace to have his second best season in his career for both pass receptions and yards.

I think this is all valid, but I think it also misses the bigger picture. Its the things that he doesn't do when he's not the pass catcher that are more problematic. I think Pete was dead on last night with this (emphasis mine):

quote:

While I'm on it, in defense of DeFilippo, last season he was working with personnel that could get down field and flood a secondary. TWO TE's that ran the majority of their routes behind linebackers. Multiple WR threats.

I have a few issues with Cook, but imagine if we could get him in space routinely. One of the reasons we can't/don't is because of the short space Rudolph occupies near the LOS.

The days of a short yardage (primary) TE are over.

We finally executed a good screen last night. Notice where Rudolph was on the play? He motioned into the backfield, opposite the direction of the play. Most teams have a TE that can clear that space by being a downfield threat. Essentially, we had to get Rudolph out of the way to execute a screen.
Post #: 8820
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 4:57:36 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mike Harris?

It was 2016 - mike Harris the offensive tackle....

Post #: 8821
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 5:11:00 PM   
Bruce Johnson

This is the best thing I've seen today.

https://twitter.com/NicholasJOlson/status/1067479371253014528

Post #: 8822
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 5:11:01 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I think this is all valid, but I think it also misses the bigger picture. Its the things that he doesn't do when he's not the pass catcher that are more problematic. I think Pete was dead on last night with this (emphasis mine):

quote:

While I'm on it, in defense of DeFilippo, last season he was working with personnel that could get down field and flood a secondary. TWO TE's that ran the majority of their routes behind linebackers. Multiple WR threats.

I have a few issues with Cook, but imagine if we could get him in space routinely. One of the reasons we can't/don't is because of the short space Rudolph occupies near the LOS.

The days of a short yardage (primary) TE are over.

We finally executed a good screen last night. Notice where Rudolph was on the play? He motioned into the backfield, opposite the direction of the play. Most teams have a TE that can clear that space by being a downfield threat. Essentially, we had to get Rudolph out of the way to execute a screen.

I agree with you guys. Excellent analysis by both you and Pete!
Post #: 8823
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 6:04:06 PM   
Ricky J

Post #: 8824
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/27/2018 6:08:58 PM   
Todd M

quote:

This post makes me want to you.

Ready.
Post #: 8825
Page:   <<   < prev  351 352 [353] 354 355   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  351 352 [353] 354 355   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode