Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Preseason WEEK 3: vs Seahawks 8-24-18 7:00PM CT

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: Preseason WEEK 3: vs Seahawks 8-24-18 7:00PM CT Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Preseason WEEK 3: vs Seahawks 8-24-18 7:00PM CT - 8/24/2018 11:03:26 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art

If preseason can win you a job, then Sloter should get it.
But really, who has looked good tonight for more than a play or two..?

Beebe should make the team.

Coley and Zylstra lose out because of unavailability.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 8/24/2018 11:06:52 PM >
Post #: 101
RE: Preseason WEEK 3: vs Seahawks 8-24-18 7:00PM CT - 8/25/2018 12:10:07 AM   
Ian Joseph

No way we cut Sloter. No way.

Beebe made the team tonight. I doubt he'll be higher than 5th, but that's ok. He made the team. I'm convinced.

This 3-safety thing is going to be deadly. The Double-A gap is going to be murder with that alignment.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 102
RE: Preseason WEEK 3: vs Seahawks 8-24-18 7:00PM CT - 8/25/2018 12:20:22 AM   
marty

I feel that there might be something special about Sloter, hopefully it's with Minnesota.

The only problem with a 2nd string backup with a high upside, would be if Cousins has a very up and down season, gets hurt late in the season, and Sloter comes in for just a few games and is outstanding. The problem then is the small sample size.

And then we would not be happy about the guaranteed money for Cousins. Let's hope none of this happens. Like a president having a vice president that appears incompetent, there are advantages to keeping a QB that hasn't looked so great, like Simiean around, little fear of a QB controversy.
Post #: 103
RE: Preseason WEEK 3: vs Seahawks 8-24-18 7:00PM CT - 8/25/2018 7:10:24 AM   
joejitsu

I just watched the game. I hope we look better on opening day than we did yesterday. Same old problems on the offensive line and at kicker. Boone looks like a player, though. And the defense looks really solid.
Post #: 104
RE: Preseason WEEK 3: vs Seahawks 8-24-18 7:00PM CT - 8/25/2018 8:10:37 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

I just watched the game. I hope we look better on opening day than we did yesterday. Same old problems on the offensive line and at kicker. Boone looks like a player, though. And the defense looks really solid.

Didn't we look this way last pre-season?
Post #: 105
RE: Preseason WEEK 3: vs Seahawks 8-24-18 7:00PM CT - 8/25/2018 8:42:47 AM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Sloter throws the ball....

As far as I'm concerned he has beaten out Siemian for #2 QB.

There is absolutely no reason to keep Siemian on our team....

He's a poor man's Steve Dils. Sloter is a poor man's Gannon.

We will keep Simien though. And probably cost us a young position player with upside.

I really don't like the "conservative, old-time rational" where teams won't move on from a proven mediocre player with downside because he has "experience".

Examples: Compton and Siemian.

Experience losing most of their snaps?

Why would you keep that over young, promising players with upside?

Fix it Zimmer!!
Post #: 106
RE: Preseason WEEK 3: vs Seahawks 8-24-18 7:00PM CT - 8/25/2018 8:47:08 AM   
Todd M

Game aired at 2 am while I worked....don't feel like I missed anything. Feels weird but I guess I'll just let this one go...

I say Nay Nay!
Post #: 107
RE: Preseason WEEK 3: vs Seahawks 8-24-18 7:00PM CT - 8/25/2018 9:53:50 AM   
JT2

quote:

He's easy to like.

Unfortunately, he suffered a knee bruise right at the end of the game. Hopefully nothing too serious.
Post #: 108
RE: Preseason WEEK 3: vs Seahawks 8-24-18 7:00PM CT - 8/25/2018 10:51:59 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Game aired at 2 am while I worked....don't feel like I missed anything. Feels weird but I guess I'll just let this one go...

It was worth a look, Todd. If only to see some of the young guys get a shot at some playing time.
Post #: 109
RE: Preseason WEEK 3: vs Seahawks 8-24-18 7:00PM CT - 8/25/2018 12:18:54 PM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

It was worth a look, Todd. If only to see some of the young guys get a shot at some playing time.

So I figure I would, on your recommendation...and get this...we get the ball for our 2nd possession and 'because of time constraints' fast forward the action to us 1st and goal. Oh, I'm sorry the scrubs for GB and Oakland took to long at 2 in the morning...just you go ahead and shave off some of the better action of the night.

Thanks NFLN.

Now I will just go to bed and not bother.

I say Nay Nay!
Post #: 110
RE: Preseason WEEK 3: vs Seahawks 8-24-18 7:00PM CT - 8/25/2018 12:26:00 PM   
Ian Joseph

I felt like Seattle actually game planned for this game. They blitzed repeatedly and ran what looked like more than a few plays from their regular season playbook. Maybe they did all that to build confidence in a young team or to put Wilson in situations where he had the most chance of success. Dont know and dont care.

We didnt match all that with our playcalling and I'm fine with that. I would have liked to have seen more effectiveness from the offense and more points. And I hope Carlson does better. I'm tired of the Vikings having talented kickers that miss kicks.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 111
RE: Preseason WEEK 3: vs Seahawks 8-24-18 7:00PM CT - 8/25/2018 2:28:31 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

quote:

So I figure I would, on your recommendation...and get this...we get the ball for our 2nd possession and 'because of time constraints' fast forward the action to us 1st and goal. Oh, I'm sorry the scrubs for GB and Oakland took to long at 2 in the morning...just you go ahead and shave off some of the better action of the night.

Thanks NFLN.

That pissed me off too. And they did again in the 3rd quarter. What I didn't get was they just pinned us deep as shit, go to commercial and when they come back it's 1st and goal? WTF? You don't think they could have picked better parts to skip? I don't know cause I didn't f'ng see it but I have to imagine that was our best drive of the game.
Post #: 112
RE: Preseason WEEK 3: vs Seahawks 8-24-18 7:00PM CT - 8/26/2018 12:12:19 PM   
Mark Rapley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

I felt like Seattle actually game planned for this game. They blitzed repeatedly and ran what looked like more than a few plays from their regular season playbook. Maybe they did all that to build confidence in a young team or to put Wilson in situations where he had the most chance of success. Dont know and dont care.

We didnt match all that with our playcalling and I'm fine with that. I would have liked to have seen more effectiveness from the offense and more points. And I hope Carlson does better. I'm tired of the Vikings having talented kickers that miss kicks.

Per Zim, they did. Which explains quite a bit. Only thing that bothers me from this game is Carlson.

Head Coach Mike Zimmer said it appeared that Seattle’s offense specifically game-planned to go against Minnesota’s defense and utilized trap plays against the interior of the Vikings defense. Zimmer also mentioned spotting a couple of missed tackles that led to bigger gains.

https://www.vikings.com/news/3-stats-that-stood-out-vikings-vs-seahawks
Post #: 113
RE: Preseason WEEK 3: vs Seahawks 8-24-18 7:00PM CT - 8/27/2018 11:30:32 AM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks NFLN.

That pissed me off too. And they did again in the 3rd quarter. What I didn't get was they just pinned us deep as shit, go to commercial and when they come back it's 1st and goal? WTF? You don't think they could have picked better parts to skip? I don't know cause I didn't f'ng see it but I have to imagine that was our best drive of the game.

Me three!

They did that last week as well; cut out a 6 minute drive.

Fix it Zimmer!!
Post #: 114
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: Preseason WEEK 3: vs Seahawks 8-24-18 7:00PM CT Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode