Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other Games 2018-19

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: Other Games 2018-19 Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other Games 2018-19 - 1/7/2019 11:40:18 AM   
David Levine

Post #: 326
RE: Other Games 2018-19 - 1/7/2019 11:54:31 AM   
CPAMAN

I have a question on the timeout presumably called "before" Chicago kicked what would have been the winning FG that was nixed because a TO was called virtually before the ball was snapped. The NFL needs to have a rule put in place that the timeout has to be called before the play including the kick is executed. There has been too much of that happening the past couple of seasons. That puts way too much pressure on the kicker as they mentally have to get in the mode to make a winning kick only to have it taken away and have to execute it successfully a second time. IMO, if the offense is lined up in set position with the holder ready to receive the snap and the kicker waiting, any TO call is too late. I realize that icing the kicker is a mental tactic but they have to draw a line somewhere.

Minnesota professional sports can't be awful forever, can they?
Post #: 327
RE: Other Games 2018-19 - 1/7/2019 2:35:05 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

I have a question on the timeout presumably called "before" Chicago kicked what would have been the winning FG that was nixed because a TO was called virtually before the ball was snapped. The NFL needs to have a rule put in place that the timeout has to be called before the play including the kick is executed. There has been too much of that happening the past couple of seasons. That puts way too much pressure on the kicker as they mentally have to get in the mode to make a winning kick only to have it taken away and have to execute it successfully a second time. IMO, if the offense is lined up in set position with the holder ready to receive the snap and the kicker waiting, any TO call is too late. I realize that icing the kicker is a mental tactic but they have to draw a line somewhere.

quote:

I have a question

You never asked a question...

quote:

That puts way too much pressure on the kicker as they mentally have to get in the mode to make a winning kick only to have it taken away and have to execute it successfully a second time.

Oh my. Poor widdle mentally challenged kickers! Big of you to think of them.

Waking up.
Post #: 328
RE: Other Games 2018-19 - 1/7/2019 3:29:22 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Nonsense. There is no more pressure on the second kick than the first one. Same result, make it and win, miss it and lose.

Kickers need to be mentally tough,that is what they get paid for. Kicking the ball through the uprights.

If they can't consistently do that...they don't keep their jobs.

and the rulebook allows for a timeout to be called up to the moment the ball is snapped. as long as the ball wasn't snapped when they called the timeout it's legal. and what if they are short a guy on the field? Really, they need special rules for kicking plays?

< Message edited by Trekgeekscott -- 1/7/2019 3:30:31 PM >

In 2016, Clinton's underlying (and sometimes overlying) message was something like this: Trump is awful and you will never vote for him. And I am the only other person running for president.
Post #: 329
RE: Other Games 2018-19 - 1/7/2019 5:39:16 PM   
thebigo

quote:

You would also outlaw fake FGs then also.
Post #: 330
RE: Other Games 2018-19 - 1/13/2019 1:35:24 PM   
thebigo

Sure didn't see this happening in the Pats-Bolts game.
Post #: 331
RE: Other Games 2018-19 - 1/13/2019 2:03:07 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Sure didn't see this happening in the Pats-Bolts game.

So those great SD cornerbacks that Hoiseth was talking about aren't doing so well.
Post #: 332
RE: Other Games 2018-19 - 1/13/2019 5:58:53 PM   
thebigo

Looks like the stripes are doing all they can to get the Aints to the NFCC game
Post #: 333
RE: Other Games 2018-19 - 1/13/2019 6:40:19 PM   
Todd M

OMFG so stupid. WTF did they rush that play!!! idiots!!!

Waking up.
Post #: 334
RE: Other Games 2018-19 - 1/13/2019 6:42:52 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Easy 8 yards if he just catches it.
Post #: 335
RE: Other Games 2018-19 - 1/13/2019 6:44:36 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Easy 8 yards if he just catches it.

But he didn't.

The run play was called to coast it out to the 2 minute warning.

Waking up.
Post #: 336
RE: Other Games 2018-19 - 1/14/2019 10:40:58 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

Boy that sure sounds familiar.

What's up with that bootheel, Missouri?
Post #: 337
RE: Other Games 2018-19 - 1/14/2019 2:19:26 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

Boy that sure sounds familiar.

I Can tell you right now what the networks and thus the NFL want right now.

Brady/Brees in the Superbowl.

In 2016, Clinton's underlying (and sometimes overlying) message was something like this: Trump is awful and you will never vote for him. And I am the only other person running for president.
Post #: 338
RE: Other Games 2018-19 - 1/14/2019 6:48:36 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

The might also want west coast vs east coast teams to have nationwide interest coverage.. either way some past Super Bowl winner is adding another trophy...

Which sux.. imo

If the Aints get in I’d rather the chiefs or patriots win..

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 1/14/2019 6:49:41 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness"
There will be hell to pay.
Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the “M” is silent.......
Post #: 339
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: Other Games 2018-19 Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode