Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/7/2018 8:08:14 AM   
SoMnFan

My only angst about anything last night remains .... Nino
Several more chances to win us a game
And as usual ... NUTTIN
He's no longer NINO to me, he's NADA
Its ridiculous. Spurgeon chance ... score Dumba chance ..... score NADA chance ..... pffffffffffffft
Rarely gets it off, and when he does, its nowhere near the net. You just can't keep giving this guy valuable ice time and getting nothing in return.
Post #: 326
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/7/2018 8:13:53 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

And as usual ... NUTTIN
Its ridiculous. Spurgeon chance ... score Dumba chance ..... score NADA chance ..... pffffffffffffft
Rarely gets it off, and when he does, its nowhere near the net. You just can't keep giving this guy valuable ice time and getting nothing in return.

Hell of it is, we could trade him to Buffalo and he'd end up lighting the lamp up with Pommenville and no whifffs in sight. LOL
Post #: 327
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/7/2018 8:56:26 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

And as usual ... NUTTIN

Hell of it is, we could trade him to Buffalo and he'd end up lighting the lamp up with Pommenville and no whifffs in sight. LOL

Nino Nada-reiter.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 328
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/7/2018 9:34:52 AM   
SoMnFan

That's a keeper, Sweens
Post #: 329
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/7/2018 10:14:26 AM   
TJSweens

It really sucks because a couple of years ago Nada looked like a player on the verge. He was nasty on the wall and was constantly in the middle of the scrums in front of the net after the whistle, smiling back at guys who were jawing at him. I lost count of the times opponents came flying in because they though they had him lined up for a wipe out hit and wound up flat on their backs. I don't know what happened to that guy, but I sure miss him.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it. - Harold Kaese
Post #: 330
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/7/2018 10:24:43 AM   
SoMnFan

Agreed 100%
Hell, I even thought we had figured out our lack-of-an-inside-scorer for awhile. He was awesome for a long stretch.
His stats are embarrassing. Mr NADA lately.
Unacceptable
And then to see him out on the PP last night? Come on BB. You're smarter than that. Until he starts chalking up points, you owe him nothing.
Oh and btw ... Zucker isn't far behind NADA right now. Mr Invisible right now, too.
Post #: 331
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/8/2018 9:45:16 AM   
SoMnFan

10. Minnesota Wild

Previous ranking: 9

Jordan Greenway. The promising winger was sent down to the AHL after a rough start, playing a couple of games for Iowa. He returned with a rediscovered confidence, and has a goal and two assists in his last four games.
Post #: 332
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/8/2018 10:06:08 AM   
SoMnFan

LOS ANGELES – When Wild winger Nino Niederreiter studies the schedule for a season, he looks at when the team will travel to Philadelphia.

His reason for searching out this date on the calendar, however, has nothing to do with hockey.

Niederreiter wants to know when he can sink his teeth into a slab of beef from a steakhouse named Barclay Prime.

“We can’t wait to go there,” he said.

More than halfway through a franchise-­record seven consecutive road games, Wild players have been reacquainted with life out of a suitcase barely a month into the season.

And while being away from home can present challenges, from not having last change in games to losing out on sleep while flying into the early-morning hours to the next city, dining at some of the finest restaurants in North America is a perk players embrace.

“Not many people get to do that as much as we do,” forward Charlie Coyle said. “It’s really nice to be able to do that, so you feel fortunate.”

Building a Rolodex of go-to eateries is a rite of passage in the NHL.

Although some might do research on their own, most players start to figure out their spots by quizzing teammates.

“You’re kind of looking for a veteran to hold your hand and bring you places,” winger Marcus Foligno said. “And also pick up the bill.”

Players tend to dine in packs; a group text message goes out detailing the night’s pick and when to meet in the hotel lobby to depart for dinner.

With the Wild, six to eight in a party is common and the menu is typically one of three cuisines — steak, Italian or sushi. And players have their preferences for each.

Goalie Devan Dubnyk’s favorite steak is at Nick and Sam’s in Dallas. Foligno likes Cafe Milano in Washington, D.C.

And Miku in Vancouver is where Coyle — who is a sushi fanatic — gets his fill when the Wild visits the Canucks.

“I try to get it as much as I can,” said Coyle, who — despite being from the Boston area — didn’t try seafood until he moved to Minnesota.

Since they’re usually fueling up for an upcoming game, players are mindful of what they’re eating. But they’re also not afraid to occasionally indulge.

“It’s not like you’re going to get dessert every single night,” Niederreiter said.

“But some nights you feel like it. You look at it and some dessert smiles at you, and you have to take it.”

The group also savors the conversation with teammates.

When they’re in the Twin Cities, everyone tends to spend nongame nights with family and the players with wives and children rarely eat out.

Winger Zach Parise has a chef come in at the beginning of the week to prep meals that he and his wife Alisha can finish off when it’s time to eat.

Dubnyk’s trainer also sends over soups every few months that he can heat up; otherwise his wife, Jennifer, crafts the night’s menu. Same with Foligno’s wife, Natascia, who serves up Italian dishes such as chicken Parmesan and lasagna.

“I think after my playing career I’ll be a little bigger than I am now,” Foligno said.

But on the road, players bond over meals. And they always order a side of camaraderie.

“Hockey’s always going to be a subject of discussion at the table,” Foligno said. “But you kind of just get to know each other — their hobbies, what they do in the summer time, where guys go and live. That’s what you want.

“It’s a nice time to get away from hockey, too, and just sit and have a meal and enjoy two hours with each other.”
Post #: 333
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/8/2018 10:31:36 AM   
TJSweens

Tell Nada, he doesn't get to go to Barclay Prime until he gets his ass in gear.

Post #: 334
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/8/2018 10:48:44 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Tell Nada, he doesn't get to go to Barclay Prime until he gets his ass in gear.

Read
My
Mind
Post #: 335
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/8/2018 11:02:33 AM   
SoMnFan

This is what is always crazy about the NHL
We are cruising along, feeling pretty good right now.
BlackHawks are freaking out, firing their 3-Cup-winning-coach.
We have 18 pts
They have 15.
Post #: 336
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/8/2018 11:24:04 AM   
TJSweens

WOW! After winning 3 cups, I guess Quenneville got stupid all of the sudden.

Post #: 337
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/8/2018 12:22:02 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

WOW! After winning 3 cups, I guess Quenneville got stupid all of the sudden.

He'll get snatched up as soon as a team has a real swoon.

Wouldn't mind him replacing Fehr.

Fix it Zimmer!!
Post #: 338
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/8/2018 2:15:01 PM   
SoMnFan

Sad to hear Bob Naegele passed away
Helped bring the NHL back to town.
Thank you Sir.
Post #: 339
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/8/2018 4:43:29 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

Sad to hear Bob Naegele passed away
Helped bring the NHL back to town.
Thank you Sir.

Yes indeed.

Thank you Mr Naegele.

My late best friend dated his daughter Jill in HS...

Sad day for her and her family.

Fix it Zimmer!!
Post #: 340
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/9/2018 7:31:27 AM   
SoMnFan

Another nice win
NADA gets off the schneid
He's on a 4-goal-for-the-year pace. Seems about right.
Great effort all-around.
D is very solid right now. Dubnyk has almost been invisible, which is hard for him to do. No drama, just how we like it.
WHEN this team is healthy and focused, its a helluva roster. One which could do very well.
Its early, but its really nice to see what's possible.
Another tougher test tonight. The Ducks are bigger assholes than the others we have been playing.
Had to agree with the homers last night ... this years team plays heavier. We are not getting bullied anymore.
Biggest helps in that regard have been Fehr and Foligno and Pateryn and Seeler. They don't take any garbage from anyone. Great to see.
The Ducks will try to bully us tonight, better be ready for it fellas.
Post #: 341
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/9/2018 7:45:10 AM   
SoMnFan

LOS ANGELES -- Zach Parise hit another milestone in his distinguished career Thursday night. He was more pleased about helping teammate Nico Niederreiter out of a prolonged scoring drought.

Parise had a goal and an assist to reach 700 points, leading the Minnesota Wild to a 3-1 win over the Los Angeles Kings.

Niederreiter scored on the power play and Devan Dubnyk made 27 saves for the Wild, who have won eight of 10. Mikko Koivu had three assists, giving him five in his past two games, and Mikael Granlund added an empty-net goal.

Dating back to March last season, Niederreiter had gone 22 regular-season games between goals.

"Every scorer has been there," Parise said. "It's a tough time. I'm happy for him that he got it over with and he can move on

Congrats to Zach
Nice to have a grinder with 700 points
22 games without a goal. Makes you NOT a goal scorer.
Post #: 342
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/9/2018 7:46:20 AM   
TJSweens

Once again, I emerged from my van by the river and provided motivation where needed. Nada scores his first goal. He wants to earn that steak in Philly.

Post #: 343
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/9/2018 7:46:41 AM   
Jeff Jesser

I may be wrong here but I'll give it a go anyway.

I think it's the big difference between BB and the others he's followed. Yeo and Richard's didn't have the clout to stand up to Fletcher if they didn't like his roster choices, even if they had the balls to try.

Fletcher had this idea that being small and fast was the be all-end all. It may work in the East but sure as shit won't in the West. Not in the playoffs. You need a combo of both but we far too often leaned on the 'skinny' side too much. Now, that being said, you can't be slow and beefy. We've seen that movie too. Being fast is key but you have to move guys out of the paint and have guys that are hard to get out on the other end.

It's a very hard thing to find but when you do it works wonders. BB knows what works and I think he has a big part in how this roster has been shaped. Much more, IMO than MY and TR's had.
Post #: 344
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/9/2018 8:47:14 AM   
SoMnFan

I'd say you're right on Jeff
BB is a keeper
Knows what works, has seen it all.
You won't survive in his system if you don't conform. Can even see it with some of our softies. They're even playing heavier when needed.

Good job by all of us to get NADA his first
Now, lets all focus on Zucker
Does he still play here? Another "goal scorer" who doesn't score for a month.
Post #: 345
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/9/2018 8:50:30 AM   
SoMnFan

BB has also reconstructed our breakout and keep-in philosophies, which needed help.
The cycles are more high to low. We had become a low-to high team and that caused us lots of grief.
Your turnovers on the cycle have to be heading low. Turn them over heading high, and it ends up in odd-mans all night.
We have greatly eliminated those.
We still beat the shit out of the boards with our attack, but that's ok if you limit your turnovers to the right areas, and have enough guys on the good side of the puck.
Its a careful game, done right. And right now its working to perfection.
Post #: 346
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/9/2018 10:19:18 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I may be wrong here but I'll give it a go anyway.

I think it's the big difference between BB and the others he's followed. Yeo and Richard's didn't have the clout to stand up to Fletcher if they didn't like his roster choices, even if they had the balls to try.

Fletcher had this idea that being small and fast was the be all-end all. It may work in the East but sure as shit won't in the West. Not in the playoffs. You need a combo of both but we far too often leaned on the 'skinny' side too much. Now, that being said, you can't be slow and beefy. We've seen that movie too. Being fast is key but you have to move guys out of the paint and have guys that are hard to get out on the other end.

It's a very hard thing to find but when you do it works wonders. BB knows what works and I think he has a big part in how this roster has been shaped. Much more, IMO than MY and TR's had.

This is why I was baffled by BB giving up on Tuch before he even had a chance. At the time of the whole expansion fiasco, Russo reported that the organization was very high on Tuch, but Boudreau didn't like him. It's confusing to me because Tuch seemed like the prototypical BB player.

Post #: 347
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/9/2018 11:19:14 AM   
SoMnFan

Speaking of bad decisions ...
Sad to see Haula's injury. The kid has been an awesome player for Vegas.
They will miss him. Just like we do.
Post #: 348
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/9/2018 11:26:12 AM   
TJSweens

What happened to him?

Post #: 349
RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season - 11/9/2018 11:37:23 AM   
SoMnFan

3 days ago - Vegas Golden Knights forward Erik Haula had to be taken off the ice on a stretcher in the third period of his team’s game against the Maple Leafs tonight, after a clean check against the boards from Patrick Marleau forced Haula’s right leg to bend in a way it’s not supposed

Looked bad at the time, now looking like he will be back in a week or so ...
Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Wild 2018/2019 Season Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode